Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - July 20 - FOTB-EN052 Backs to the Wall

Backs to the Wall
Card #: FOTB-EN052

Type: Normal Trap
Text: Pay Life Points so that you only have 100 left. Special Summon as many "Six Samurai" monsters from your Graveyard as possible. You cannot Special Summon more than 1 monster with the same name, or a monster that has the same name as a monster you already control.
Rarity: Common

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.50
Advanced: 3.00

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Backs to the Wall
Normal Trap Card
Pay Life Points so that you only have 100 left. Special Summon as many "Six Samurai" monsters from your Graveyard as possible. You cannot Special Summon more than 1 monster with the same name, or a monster that has the same name as a monster you already control.

I'm not too big of a fan of this card. Unless it's a desperate situation, or going for the win, I really dislike it. The big drawback is that you can't get Great Shogun Shien with this card. Also that you MUST have at least 1 Six Samurai in your Graveyard to play this card, so those of you out there thinking of Reversal Quiz with this card, i'm sorry to tell you, it's just not that easy. In a usual Six Samruai deck you have Grandmaster, Irou, Zanji, Yaichi and maybe Kamon, unless you have Zanji, Irou and Grandmaster in your Graveyard and maybe even yaichi, this card really isn't that good. As long as you can swing in for game with this card, it's good, other than that, I really dislike it. You don't really need this card in Six Samurai deck for it to be successful.

Traditional: 1/5 Six Samurai isn't really the best here
Advanced: 2/5 It can make the deck better, but not that much, only if you're going for the win it's good, other than that, use that space for a better card.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

It's basically Return from the Different Dimension for Six Samurais.

...Return has won several Shonen Jump Championship events. There's no reason this card can't do the same.

Six Samurai, when built correctly and including the right tech, can be a Tier 1 deck. They have great swarming, stop a lot of commonly played cards from working as the opponents intend them to, and only have two really big fears, in the form of Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute.

The deck can already explode in the early game for big damage, and this is a great late-game card to finish off a push when you finally get them down to a clear field again. The only difference is you're paying down to 100, so you can't do this twice in a game, as you could just constantly keep halving your LP with Return.

I honestly see this getting at least some kind of play on a Regional level.

1.5/5 Traditional -- too much mass removal here for SS to be good.
3.5/5 Advanced
Old 07-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Someone (John Myers) at my local Card Shop plays a Six Samaurai Deck, and uses this card. It can be quite devastating if you intelligently play the Samaurai Deck. Here's the thing about them...they have a lot of potential and ARE good cards. However, they need to be used efficiently and correctly.

It's a good swarm effect, with an interesting cost. This most likely is one of those card that will finish a game for you, as long as you don't run smack into a Mirror Force or get Ringed for a loss or a draw or something. If you are playing your Samaurai's right, then play this.

Ratings:

Traditional: 2/5 I'm not sure if this could function in Traditional
Advanced: 3.25/5 Much more promise here.

Art: 4/5