Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - July 18 - FOTB-EN058 Mass Hypnonis

Mass Hypnosis
Card #: FOTB-EN058

Type: Continuous Trap
Text: Activate only while you control an "Alien" monster. Select and take control of up to 3 of your opponent's monsters that each have an A-Counter(s) on them. This card is destroyed during the End Phase of the turn it is activated.
Rarity: Common

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 1.17

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Mass Hypnosis
Continuous Trap Card
Activate only while you control an "Alien" monster. Select and take control of up to 3 of your opponent's monsters that each have an A-Counter(s) on them. This card is destroyed during the End Phase of the turn it is activated.

Ah a card that helps Alien decks. Alien decks aren't always that good, but are an underrated fun deck. So many tricks and Shenanegians that Alien decks bring to the table, and how much better does a deck-type like that get a card that can potentially take control of 3 monsters. There are many ALien cards out there already that give A counters to Monsters and this could be the card that they need to really work well. This card can have you make a big swing for game against your opponent, and to make it better, it's by their own monsters! Though Aliens are just a fun decktype, now they can be more playable with this card, but be aware when you play it, because the card is destroyed at the end of the turn, so you will either win or save yourself from loss with this card.

Traditional: 1/5 Aliens, no good here
Advanced: 1.5/5 Good card for Aliens, but still doesn't make them as playable as some people want

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

Putting A-counters on your opponent's cards usually requires investing additional cards. Mass Hypnosis is a Brain Control that can affect up to 3 monsters...but usually, the pain of going through setting up stuff with A-Counters isn't worth it, and you're better off just playing Brain Controls.

Alien decks were another failed theme in my opinion. I don't see anything in that group of cards that would encourage me to take an Alien deck to a Regional, or even try it out at a Hobby League (as the main HL in my area, while it does have SOME newbies, is very competitive in geneeral, and you can't afford to take a jank deck.)

The type as a whole, along with Mass Hypnosis, get a 1/5 from me.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

It's too bad that Aliens aren't really a viable theme. I suppose that comes from the sci-fi corner of my heart. Anyway, the Alien archtype is a very interesting one, as are "Alien or A-Counters." They have a couple of decent monsters, Alien Warrior for example, and some equally decent support.

However, as good (or bad) as they may be all together, there just isn't enough of them out there, or enough support to warrant playing them. Here, we have an example of a card that isn't bad, but just won't be played because the deck won't be played.

Ratings:

1/5 all, even where it belongs until there (if ever) is a reasons to play Aliens

Art: 3/5