Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - July 13 - Sky Scourge Invicil FOTB-EN023

Sky Scourge Invicil FOTB-EN023

Sky Scourge Invicil
Level 6
Earth
[Fairy/Effect]
This card cannot be Special Summoned. If you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 of the following monsters, this card gets the appropriate effect.
- LIGHT Fairy-Type monster: Negate the Effects of all Spell Cards.
- DARK Fiend-Type monster: Negate the Effects of all Trap Cards.
2200/1600

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.00
Advanced: 3.08

Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 = average. 5 is the highest rating.

Date Reviewed - 7-13-07
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

I got owned by this at a local in one game (but still won the match), so I've seen what this card can do against an unprepared deck first-hand.

I don't like the 2,200 attached to a Trap negator, as Monarchs still screw you (and you want to be able to defend yourself against those), and Jinzo's a better option -- at least HE can kamikaze against them.

I DO like the 2,200 attached to a Spell negator. Spell Canceller, the only other suitable option, is down at 1,800 ATK. This forces your opponent to either have field presence already or somehow find a way to get a Monarch or Dasher + tribute or something like that on the field (assuming playing with normal deck) -- Cyber Dragon's no good, regular non-tribute monsters are no good, and your opponent can't go Brain/tribute, Snatch/tribute, or Soul Exchange.

It requires a dedication to a specific theme, which usually outweighs the benefits, but if you're running the Sky Scourge deck, there's no reason not to play this based on all the stuff it can negate.

3.25/5
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

I like Sky Scourge Invicil...let me say that to start. Invicil isn't as strong as his parents, who have 2400 attack, but the 2200 is enough to overrun a Cyber Dragon.

If you tribute a Light-Fairy type monster, Invicil negates the effects of all Magic cards. If you tribute a Dark-Fiend type monster, Invicil negates the effects of all Trap cards. Both are good situations, but I prefer to negate my opponent's Magic cards than their Traps. I agree with CotPS that Jinzo does a better job of negating traps, and is stronger.

The no Special Summon thing is kind of a downside, but if you are all ready playing Scourge monsters, there is no reason not to play this one.

Ratings:

3/5

Art: 3.5/5
Old 07-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Sky Scourge Invicil
Level 6
Earth
[Fairy/Effect]
This card cannot be Special Summoned. If you Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 of the following monsters, this card gets the appropriate effect.
- LIGHT Fairy-Type monster: Negate the Effects of all Spell Cards.
- DARK Fiend-Type monster: Negate the Effects of all Trap Cards.
2200/1600

Here is the new Chaos version of Spell Canceller and Jinzo in one card. Though you don't have to only Tribute a Light Fairy or Dark Fiend, this card is really only good if you do. Sure it's a weaker Jinzo, but it's also a Stronger Spell Canceller. 2200 is not that bad when most monsters are 2100 or less without a tribute and 2000 defense or less. The only real problems will be a more powerful monster like a Monarch or Dark Magician of Chaos. The big problem I have with this card, is that it's an Earth monster. That really takes away from the Scourge mosnters (Norleas and Enrise). Still a good card, in those Chaos decks, I would really like to see just one of these in the deck.

Traditional: 1/5 Earth? I don't think so
Advanced: 3/5 Sure it's an Earth, but in the right deck, the effects are too good.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16