Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card of the Day
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold
Default YGO COTD - July 10 - Zeradias Herald of Heaven FOTB-EN018

YGO COTD - Zeradias Herald of Heaven FOTB-EN018

Card Ratings
Traditional: 1.50
Advanced: 2.20
Ratings are based on a 1 to 5 scale 1 being the worst.
3 ... average. 5 is the highest rating.

Date Reviewed - 07.10.07
Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
CreatorOfThePointSystem
Mewtwo collector

CreatorOfThePointSystem is on a distinguished road

With my previous review of E-Hero Captain Gold, I pretty much summed up this card.

Granted, this should rank a bit higher, as there are more tricks you can pull with The Sanctuary in the Sky than you can with Skyscraper -- more cards that have effects that actually don't suck, but require Sanctuary on the field, give this card's score a boost. However, 4-star 2100s that require a specific card on the field to STAY on the field aren't that good, given that Cyber Dragon is still readily available in 3s.

There's not much ot say about this guy, other than he furthers a theme in an attempt to get it played, but hasn't done so yet.

2/5
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
~Dark Paladin~
Featured Writer / COTD analyst

~Dark Paladin~ is on a distinguished road

Zeradius, Herald of Heaven...yet another "discard me to fetch my proper Field Magic card" monster we are looking at from Force of the Breaker. Like some of the others, Zeradius has 2100 attack points, and cannot exist on the Field without it's Field Magic card, in this case, The Sanctuary in the Sky.

I've always like The Sanctuary in the Sky. It has a lot of potential, and plenty of monsters with some good and interesting effects, like the Agent monsters from Ancient Sanctuary. Here, the real use is to discard to fetch The Sanctuary in the Sky.

However, if you do play an Agent Deck, a Counter-Fairy Deck, or maybe even an off-beat Sky Scourge Enrise Deck. Since Sanctuary isn't that popular however, I wouldn't, sadly, really expect this to be either.

Ratings:

2.75/5 all around

Art: 4/5
Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
THe ONe PG 16
Free Agent!

THe ONe PG 16 is on a distinguished road

Zeradias, Herald of Heaven
Level 4
Light
[Fairy/Effect]
You can discard this card to the Graveyard to add 1 "The Sanctuary in the Sky" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is on the field but "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is not, destroy this card.
2100/800

This is really just like all the other searchers that are destroyed when the specific Field Spell Card isn't on the field. But for Fairy decks, this is a lot better, and that some counter Fairy decks and even the Agent of Judgment - Saturn decks can benefit from this. So when you have Sanctuary in the Sky on the field, you are able to utilize many Fairies and also the Agent family. Then again, except for counter Fairy decks, the rest are just not competitive in the format.

Traditional: 1/5 Fairies in Traditional? Won't work that well
Advanced: 2.5/5 Just because you can use this in Counter Fairies (even though not all need this) it can be better than the other searchers.

- Tomas Mijares

Top 8 SJC San Jose 2006 - Chain Burn (Gate Guardian Sided)

Qualified 06-11

Subscribe to me on YouTube peoples! =]
http://www.youtube.com/THeONePG16
Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
RjAkaPeanut4U
Pojo Veteran

RjAkaPeanut4U is on a distinguished road

This is an interesting card. The other field card monsters from this set are awesome, particularly the archfiend one (which a friend of mine made a deck around, so awesome) and the gravekeeper one. This one though? Not sure how good Sanctuary in the Sky is.

To be honest I've never really looked at the fairys from AST, along with Sanctuary in the Sky. This cards playability really comes down to whether or not those fairys that come with Sanctuary are good or not. I don't think they are, atleast right now.

Traditional: 1/5.
Advanced: 2/5.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:37 AM   #6
turkeyspit
Feral Mod

turkeyspit is on a distinguished road

I think I said all that needed to be said in my review of Archfiend General. Zeradias really isn't all that different, and won't see competitive play anytime soon. If you want to run a deck built around Sanctuary in the Sky, you obviously run this card.

Traditional: 1/5
- It's LIGHT, but that's about all

Advanced: 1/5
- in a Sanctuary deck I'd have to give it a 5/5, but then who plays a Sanctuary deck?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rules Knowledge: Level 2
Player Management: Level 2
World of Warcraft Rules Knowledge: Level 1

Turkey's Tokens

Quote:
"Those who cannot Judge, play!"

Last edited by turkeyspit : 07-10-2007 at 01:46 PM.