Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
ryu991
Pojo Veteran

ryu991 is on a distinguished road
Default d.d. crow vs. dragons mirror

I know if you activate a card like miracle fusion and your opponent dd crows it essentially negates the card.

If you activate dragons mirror for fhd and your opponent dd crows one of your dragons (but you still have 5 left in your grave) does it still cancel the effect of the mirror?

Just a little confused on this, any help appreciated in advance.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 PM   #2
gateguardian44
Mr. Saki

gateguardian44 is on a distinguished road

You don't select what you are going to fuse at activation of the card, you do at resolution, so if you have 6 dragons in the graveyard, you can remove one but they'll sill be able to use the other 5... Much like Polymerization...

David Tuan Bui
'07-'14 Nats Qualifier
7 Regional tops, 1 UD Day top, 1 YCS Day 2 (34th), 1 WCQ Day 2 & 2-time Yu-gi-oh Day Champion
RC-2 & PC-1
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Masterdramon
Iroh+Pony = Irohny

Masterdramon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gateguardian44 View Post
You don't select what you are going to fuse at activation of the card, you do at resolution, so if you have 6 dragons in the graveyard, you can remove one but they'll sill be able to use the other 5... Much like Polymerization...
Methinks you need some sleep, gateguardian44...

Quote:
“Dragon’s Mirror” is a card that targets monsters, either on the field and/or in the Graveyard.
So you do in fact choose the Fusion Materials at activation. This means that, under most circumstances, D.D. Crow would indeed work here, forcing Mirror to resolve without effect.

However, while it does target the Fusion Materials, it does not target the Fusion Monster itself. So, if your opponent, say, played Miracle Fusion (which also targets), targeting Sparkman, Bubbleman, and Avian, and they removed Sparkman via D.D. Crow, then they could still Special Summon Mariner (rather than Tempest, as they first intended). However, if you were to remove the Avian or the Bubbleman, you would force the Miracle Fusion to resolve without effect.

EDIT: This is why my Marvel vs. Capcom 2 team has both Dr. Doom and Magneto on it...
Politics is not about money.
Politics is not about winning for the sake of winning.
Politics is about the improvement of people's lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
There is not a liberal America and a conservative America —
There is the United States of America.
* My 5D's FanFiction: My Dark King

* TV Tropes Page: Fanfic/MyDarkKing
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
Trowa_B
Master of Magnetism

Trowa_B is on a distinguished road

Actually, David, that's wrong.

"Dragon's Mirror", "Miracle Fusion", and "Overload Fusion" (it seems like there should be another one that uses the Graveyard, but I can't remember) all target the Fusion Material Monsters (on the field or in the Graveyard).

If an effect such is "D.D. Crow" is chained to these cards and removes 1 of the targeted monsters from play, there are two possible outcomes:

1. There are not enough Fusion Material Monsters left for any known Fusion Monster in the TCG, so the Spell Card resolves without effect.

2. There ARE enough Fusion Material Monsters left for some Fusion Monster in the TCG (not necessarily the one originally intended), and the Spell Card resolves as normal and still Fusion Summons whatever it can.

Edit: Defeated, by that weakling Doom? Hmph. You win this round, Victor... but I shall take over the world first!
Player Management: Level 2
Rules Knowledge - VS System: Level 1
Rules Knowledge - World of Warcraft: Level 2
Tournament Organizer: Level 1
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
gateguardian44
Mr. Saki

gateguardian44 is on a distinguished road

Son of a... That's it, I'm going to bed...

I was thinking again under polymeriation where you don't have to specify what you are fusing until resolution...

David Tuan Bui
'07-'14 Nats Qualifier
7 Regional tops, 1 UD Day top, 1 YCS Day 2 (34th), 1 WCQ Day 2 & 2-time Yu-gi-oh Day Champion
RC-2 & PC-1
Old 03-25-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
ryu991
Pojo Veteran

Interesting...

So you guys are saying...

1) I activate dragons mirror with 6 dargons in grave, my opponent uses dd crow to remove one of them, I still remove the other 5 and get fhd.

2) I have clayman, sparkman, and light hex sealed in my grave. I use miracle fusion to get shining pheonix (spark + hex). My opp dd crows the hex, I could then istead remove sparkman and clayman for thunder giant?

Just want to confirm what I read above...

thanks for all the help guys.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 AM   #7
CyberTractor
Polkadot Pantaloons

CyberTractor is on a distinguished road

Yes, what you posted is correct. After DD Crow removes a monster, you can still summon a fusion monster if there are still the right materials in the graveyard (and field, should it be overload).
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
Trowa_B
Master of Magnetism

Trowa_B is on a distinguished road

Um, no... that is NOT what we are saying, and neither of those scenarios is correct. Targeting is done at activation (before chaining is done), and you can never change your target(s).

1. You activate "Dragon's Mirror" and target 5 Dragon-Type monsters in your Graveyard. Your opponent chains with the effect of "D.D. Crow" and removes one of them from play. Since none of the remaining targets can forge a Fusion Monster, "Dragon's Mirror" resolves without effect.

2. You activate "Miracle Fusion" and target "Elemental Hero Sparkman" and "The Light - Hex-Saled Fusion". Your opponent chains with the effect of "D.D. Crow" and removes one of them from play. Since the remaining target cannot forge a Fusion Monster, "Miracle Fusion" resolves without effect.

For a correct example, refer to Masterdramon's post above. But I'll add on with two more:

1. You activate "Overload Fusion" and target 2 "Cyber Dragons" and 3 Machine-Type monsters in your Graveyard. Your opponent chains with the effect of "D.D. Crow" and removes one of the "Cyber Dragons" from play. Since the remaining targets (1 "Cyber Dragon" + 3 Machine-Type monsters) is still enough to forge a Fusion Monster, you will still Fusion Summon "Chimeratech Overdragon" with those Materials.

2. You activate "Miracle Fusion" and target "Elemental Hero Avian", "Elemental Hero Bubbleman", "Elemental Hero Clayman" and "The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion" in your Graveyard. Your opponent chains with the effect of "D.D. Crow" and removes "Elemental Hero Clayman" from play. Since the remaining targets ("Elemental Hero Avian", "Elemental Hero Bubbleman", and "The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion") are enough still enough to forge a Fusion Monster, you will still Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Tempest" (even though you had intended to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Electrum").
Player Management: Level 2
Rules Knowledge - VS System: Level 1
Rules Knowledge - World of Warcraft: Level 2
Tournament Organizer: Level 1

Last edited by Trowa_B : 03-25-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Rakath
GamerChu King!

Rakath is on a distinguished road

Also all targets have to be used, however if you choose to chain your own card to remove another Fusion material to tweak to a proper ammount to get something, that would make Dragon's Mirror legal.

You activate "Dragon's Mirror" and target Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Petit Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon.

Your opponent activates "D.D. Crow" and targets "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon".

You cannot use "Dragon's Mirror" to bring out "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" UNLESS you activate an effect like "D.D. Crow" or "Transmigration Prophecy" to remove "Petit Dragon" from your realm of targets.

Same can be said for the 2nd working example Magneto over there gave if instead of removing "Elemental Hero Clayman" they choose "The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion", you would need to remove "Elemental Hero Avian" from play so you could fuse "Elemental Hero Bubbleman" and "Elemental Hero Clayman" into "Elemental Hero Madballman" (or remove Clayman so Avian and BUbbleman become Mariner).

Brawl - "Goggle Pikachu", "Royal Ike", "Forest Marth", and "White Trainer" Mains
Goggle headed rulings junkie, pretty boy, and FFIX fan.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
ryu991
Pojo Veteran

ahhh I got it now, thanks for clearing that up for me.