Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokémon - Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Venny
Pearl ftw!

Default What's the best way to kill snorlax?

The one pokemon I hate seeing more than any other is snorlax. He's so hard to kill, and if he starts cursing he can be a game ender.

What just totally destroys snorlax?
Old 01-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Chaos_Theory
Metal Gear Solid

Earthquake. Fighting Pokemon. You get the idea.
Chaos_Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
smallYGOpro
Duelist of Christ

If it's the last Pokemon, possibly Tauntaros? (Gyrados w/ Taunt, Taunt for no Cursing and EQ)
smallYGOpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
Elly
Pojo Veteran

Skarm will scare off 99% of Lax. Tyranitar kills it if it doesn't have Earthquake, and Gengar if it doesn't have Shadow Ball.

Lax is just a pain that way.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
murph
Learning the Ropes

If you have a-
Normal: Well, you won't be at a disadvantage, but not an advantage either. The best bet is to swords dance up a lot and then take it down with return or something

Fire: If snorlax's ability is Thick Fat, then fire moves will do even less damage then usual... so chances are these wouldn't be good. Will O Wisp will work nicely though.

Water Would be fine, but once again, you are not at a major advantage. power up somehow... then attack with something strong.

Electric: This would work fine if almost every snorlax you see dosn't know earthquake. If you're a magneton then you could be alright.

Grass: Your not at an advantage, nor a disadvantage. Some snorlax's know some fire/ice moves, but it's not too common.
I find it easy to use a Ludicolo with Rain Dish. Use substitute, then leech seed, then rain dance, then giga drain. Will suck all the life out of snorlax quickly, and you'll probably have full health at the end. Will work in two turns of giga drain is snorlax is poisoned/burned.

Ice: Sheer Cold works great if it hits.... however Thick Fat ability will make it so ice moves do 1/2 damge. Not good.

Fighting This is your major advantage... and snorlax won't know any psychic or flying moves so your set.

Poison Toxic will work great if his ability isn't Immunity.

Ground Earthquake will get the job done.

Bug A Mega Horn/Silver Wind with a couple of swords dances will work great if snorlax doesn't use rock slide.

Rock I don't see a problem with using rock, but snorlax might earthquake you to death very quickly.

Ghost This is my favorite type to battle a snorlax with. Most snorlax's know shadow ball. This is your weakness and your stength. destiny bond right a way, and snorlax will be taken as well. If you don't faint right away, then do it again. most people don't realize that destiny bond will carry over to the next turn if no other move is used after it.
If he doesn't shadow ball u right away, then you can just attack it until your health gets into the red. He might rest, or just have high HP, then you can Pain Split it. Just remeber, standard ghost moves like shadow ball won't affect snorlax.

Dragon Will work great... use some dragon dance then some dragon claw, watch out for the occasional ice beam.

Dark No advantage or disadvantage.

Steel watch out for earthquake, otherwise, metoer mash away!

Fighting is indeed the best bet to go against a normal types.
Rock and Steel are resistant to normal attacks and normal attacks don't even affect ghosts.

Hope this helps.
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Venny
Pearl ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallYGOpro
If it's the last Pokemon, possibly Tauntaros? (Gyrados w/ Taunt, Taunt for no Cursing and EQ)
I'm not too sure how taunt works. Is it use it once and they can't use non-attacks until they switch? Or do I have to predict every time they'll try to use curse and then taunt to prevent it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly
Skarm will scare off 99% of Lax. Tyranitar kills it if it doesn't have Earthquake, and Gengar if it doesn't have Shadow Ball.

Lax is just a pain that way.
Doesn't stop curselax if he's the last pokemon though :\

I need something that can counter snorlax in just about any situation.

I'm hesitant to use tyranitar since I've got a lot of guys who really benifit from leftovers and get hurt by sandstorm. Gengar probably won't work, as the most common one (The one I hate) is return/shadow ball/curse/rest.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #7
Miller
Pojo Super Vet.

Another snorlax.
Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
WildAce
See Signature!!!!!!!

There are several combinations to do this. I'll list a couple:

1) Breloom (Adamant) w/ Spore and Focus Punch

2) Articune (Speed increasing nature) w/ Mind Reader and Sheer Cold

Dear members of Pojo.biz Forums:

Well, my Computer is now repaired, but classes kick back in tomorrow. Due to that, there is a very good chance I won't be on until things reach equillibrium in my life once again.

-WildAce. 01-21-08
WildAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
Venny
Pearl ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAce
There are several combinations to do this. I'll list a couple:

1) Breloom (Adamant) w/ Spore and Focus Punch

2) Articune (Speed increasing nature) w/ Mind Reader and Sheer Cold
I like the breloom idea... Certainly sounds like a sure-fire way to own snorlax. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
Gravekeeper Golem

anything that resists normal and ghost will probably beat it. Tyranitar, Registeel, Skarmory, etc.
Gravekeeper Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #11
Smaug
Berserk

there are seveal ways. putting a pillow over its face while it sleeps, posin in its food , gunshot to the eye (no fat in the way), bomb near the face, or starvation.

or you can use earthquake. but if its asleep and you have sheer cold and mind reader then use mind reader and next turn sheer cold. KO

Because Tommorow The Sun Will Rise. Who Know's What The Tide Will Bring?
Mir - Griffin - Bisping - Condit - Penn
Video Games - Thanks OuTrAgE For My Sig
Jacob Meier Died 8/4/06 RIP
Want A Free DVD, Book, or CD? Please PM Me, It's Free.
Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
WildAce
See Signature!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venny
I like the breloom idea... Certainly sounds like a sure-fire way to own snorlax. Thanks.
No prob.

Remember, go for the face

Dear members of Pojo.biz Forums:

Well, my Computer is now repaired, but classes kick back in tomorrow. Due to that, there is a very good chance I won't be on until things reach equillibrium in my life once again.

-WildAce. 01-21-08
WildAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #13
swampertkills

Thumbs up swampertkills

Try a machamp using subpunch (substitute and focus punch) to take care of him really fast or at least that's what I use.
swampertkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 AM   #14
Elly
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venny
I'm not too sure how taunt works. Is it use it once and they can't use non-attacks until they switch? Or do I have to predict every time they'll try to use curse and then taunt to prevent it.

Doesn't stop curselax if he's the last pokemon though :\

I need something that can counter snorlax in just about any situation.

I'm hesitant to use tyranitar since I've got a lot of guys who really benifit from leftovers and get hurt by sandstorm. Gengar probably won't work, as the most common one (The one I hate) is return/shadow ball/curse/rest.

Weezing is the best counter I just realized. WoW to force it to rest, Haze to stop Curses, Sludge Bomb mashes it's low Defense. Top all that off with a good base Defense and you're set.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Venny
Pearl ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly
Weezing is the best counter I just realized. WoW to force it to rest, Haze to stop Curses, Sludge Bomb mashes it's low Defense. Top all that off with a good base Defense and you're set.
Funny, I just tried out weezing and I loved him. Well, guess I got a good counter now . Thanks.