Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokemon TCG Discussions, News & Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
Takage Katsumaru
Learning the Ropes

Takage Katsumaru is on a distinguished road
Default Wheres the best place to get cards!

I rdy to jump back into the pokemon scene, but where is the best place to get cards!!

Is it better to buy packs or a box, and which expansion have the best cards i need to get started. What is a standard price for each pack or a box set so i wont get scammed. Back when i played a pack was anywhere from 3-5 dollars.

i dont know what deck im going to play but i need to get some cards cause looking at message boards and not know what the hell is going on isnt working.

Is there a resource or a book i can buy that has all the cards i can look up for reference i know Magic has books like this. Any? help is much appreciated
Takage Katsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
jermy101

jermy101 is on a distinguished road

It's better to a box than packs. A box of the newest set you can for around $70, which is less than $2 a pack. The best place is eBay.

You can go to www.pokebeach.com to look at card scans of all cards. But an easier way is to download the Apprentice program, and they have what all the cards do listed in alphabetical order. The best expansion I would say is Fire Red Leaf Green because of celio's networks.
jermy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
Kris Planer
Futurama>Family Guy

Kris Planer is on a distinguished road

little kids always are always a good way to get what you need easy (what a waste of my 2000th post).
Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
darkendlink
F. Fantasy VII Vet

darkendlink is on a distinguished road

How about over the internet. Pokemon cards are rather cheap now. How about pokeorder.com? There good for pokemon cards.
darkendlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
Swordsman Boy

Swordsman Boy is on a distinguished road

i would try SS good stuff in there
Swordsman Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Kris Planer
Futurama>Family Guy

Kris Planer is on a distinguished road

pokeorder is a rip off, the only good things you can get there (for a reasonable price) are uncommons. Sandstorm is going ot be a waste of money soon enough, its almost guaranteed to be rotated out of the modified format.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
tknpatamon
Pojo Newbie

tknpatamon is on a distinguished road
Default Pokemon Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takage Katsumaru
I rdy to jump back into the pokemon scene, but where is the best place to get cards!!

Is it better to buy packs or a box, and which expansion have the best cards i need to get started. What is a standard price for each pack or a box set so i wont get scammed. Back when i played a pack was anywhere from 3-5 dollars.

i dont know what deck im going to play but i need to get some cards cause looking at message boards and not know what the hell is going on isnt working.

Is there a resource or a book i can buy that has all the cards i can look up for reference i know Magic has books like this. Any? help is much appreciated
If you live in California! I would say that the best place to buy pokemon cards is a place called "Frank n Son's" it has every collectable type of item you can find! It even has a great selection of Pokemon cards, and now that Pokemon is gaining back its popularity little by little now, they now have even more stands with vendors selling even more pokemon cards. Trust me they are really cheap! ^_^
tknpatamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Adv1sor
Banned User

Adv1sor is on a distinguished road

You should, if at all possible, buy your cards from the store where you play the most. Why should a store owner bother hosting pokemon leagues and tournaments if your not going to buy your cards there?
Adv1sor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
wendolyn
Learning the Ropes

wendolyn is on a distinguished road

you could also try collectandsave.com. they sell the newer released packs for around $2.30 or something, which is better than other places
wendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 AM   #10
Poke' Shamen

Poke' Shamen is on a distinguished road

I would also have to suggest getting your cards online. Packs will usually go for $3 to $5 (depends on the set). Boxes depending where you go and what set, tend to be anywhere from $80 to $100.

A good site to buy cards would be Pokecorner, their cards are petty cheap compared to most. Though if you want really cheap prices, then I would have to suggest going and searching on Ebay. You can find very good deals there, and if you don't want to go through the hassle of an auction, you can ussually find items that give you the option to "buy it now".
Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #11
PokeDad
Learning the Ropes

PokeDad is on a distinguished road
Default Online works best for me

From 5 different current sets, I needed 12 cards to upgrade 2 existing decks for my son and myself. We needed 4 EX Holos and 8 Uncommons.

I was NOT going to buy at least 5 boxes, or endless packs.

Collectandsave.com had only 2 of the 12 cards available, and had the had the second highest prices on those cards out of the 4 online sellers I checked.

Pokeorder.com had 10 of the 12 cards I needed in stock, and were nearly twice as expensive as the company I chose.

Collectorscache.com had all 12 cards that I was looking for, but was over 43% higher in cost than...

I placed my order with Pokecorner.com. They had all 12 cards and the lowest overall prices. The shipping/handling prices are reasonable too.

I would have included ebay providers in my search if we were only looking for 1 or 2 cards, but we would have ended up with multiple bids and multiple ship charges on these 12 cards.

It is always best to look at as many options as possible and to choose the best. Pokecorner.com has been the least expensive option for me on my last three upgrade orders of cards. Service has been dependable as well.

Best of luck on your searches.
PokeDad is offline   Reply With Quote