Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default You look pale - Vampires 2014 Decklist

Visual: http://i.imgur.com/6iYxceM.png (6 months ago) UPDATED: http://imgur.com/iMc610r


This is the edited version of the deck. At first I thought this deck was crap, and that it was bad. However after hours and hours of countless testing, I think I found a build that I will be using in the next format. Mind you that Vampires might not even have a tier, it is because of the lack of Vampire players. Shout out to all the vampire players here on pojo. That means SupaDupaRoach, Scts, and Diabound777. There might be more Vamp players I just dont know you yet. Yes I thought Card Trooper was good but I was wrong. Here is my updated decklist. I will do explanation on all of my cards after the decklist.

Monsters: 17

2x Goblin Zombie
3x Mezuki
2x Pyramid Turtle
3x Shadow Vampire
3x Vampire Duke
3x Vampire Sorcerer
1x Vampire Lady



Spells: 11

1x Foolish Burial
2x Soul Exchange
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Pot of Duality
3x Vampire Kingdom


Traps: 12

1x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Vampire Takeover
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Dimensional Prison
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Call Of The Haunted



Extra Deck: 15

3x Crimson Knight Vampire Bram
2x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Gagaga Cowboy
2x Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Lavalval Chain
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight
1x Number 85: Crazy Box
1x Shark Fortress



SIDE DECK: 15

3x Maxx "C"
2x Vampire Hunter
2x Deck Devastation Virus
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Enemy Controller
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
1x Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror



CARD EXPLANATIONS:

Monsters:

Goblin Zombie: Yes, it can search a lot of cards in this deck, but that is not why I like this card. The eff of milling a card from your opponents deck when Goblin Zombie inflicts battle damage is. This card has great synergy with Vampire Kingdom as it is a 1600 beater which gives me a +1 whenever it does battle damage. Running 3 seems a like overkill which is why I run 2.

Mezuki: Book of Life, monster addition. I run 3 because of the synergy with Duke. Special duke, pop a card, awesome. So, Mezuki has the same effect as Book of Life, except it works in the grave, so if you are not playing Macro, then this card is awesome. Running 2 is minimum, but 3 is working for me.

Pyramid Turtle: I love this card because of the amazing synergy he has with Vampire Kingdom. When Kingdom is out, summon him, attack into a monster, die then summon duke. Pop a card, put Vampire Sorcerer in the grave, and then destroy the monster you were attacking (Hopefully). Running 3 is a bit much, but running 2 is good.

Shadow Vampire: This card... OMGG! There is a reason why he is 20$+. He gives you SOOO many pluses when summoning him, run 3, no exceptions.

Vampire Duke: TCG EXCLUSIVE!! But he is... .50$. However, do not let the money get to your head, this card is just as good as Shadow Vampire. If he was a secret rare just like Shadow, he would be the same price, maybe more. I do not know why Konami made such a good card a rare, but I am happy! Anyways, when summoned he specials a vamp from a grave, when he is special summoned he pops a card on the field... RUN 3!

Vampire Sorcerer: The heart and soul of the deck. Can search Kingdom or Duke/Shadow. Plus he can be a 2000 beater which is not bad. Run 3.

Zombie Master: Searchable by Goblin, Turtle, and he can ditch your dead cards to get cards like Sorcerer or Goblin back onto the field to do some shenanigans. I like this card as a tech which is why I run 1, player preference doe.

Spells:

Foolish Burial: Read the effect, and tell me why I would not run this card. Ditches Mezuki, Sorcerer, and even duke if you already have Mezuki in the grave. Run the maximum, which is 1.

Mystical Space Typhoon: Stable, I like 3, player preference, minimum 2 IMO.

Pot of Duality: You do not go off 1st turn, so this can get you the Sorcerer you need to make da plays. I run 2, you can run 3.

Soul Exchange: You have a dead Vampire in your hand? OH, your opponent has Fire King High Avatar Garunix on the field. No worries, Soul Exchange and plus plus plus! I run 2, either 2 or 0.

Vampire Kingdom: MVP of the deck. Not only do you pop a card on the field when you ditch a card from your opponents deck, BUT YOUR ZOMBIES GAIN 500 ATTACK. The 500 bonus Attack goes a LONG way. RUN 3.

Traps:

Bottomless Trap Hole: IMO Staple.

Call Of The Haunted: My tech, I like it because if your opponent uses MST, I chain, summon duke and PLUS! I run 1 as a tech doe.

Compulsory Evacuation Device: Staple.

Dimensional Prison: A lot of things nowadays need to be destroyed and go to the graveyard to activate their eff. Not only this, but stardust dragons, etc... can be pesky monsters to run over. NO FEAR, D-PRISON is here. I run 1, you can run none if you want.

Fiendish Chain: Staple, I run 2, you can run 3.

Mirror Force: Another Staple, I run 2, you can run 1 but I like 2.

Phoenix Wing Wind Blast: Ditches Mezuki, Sorcerer and other cards to the grave, to get over any monster you can think of. Run 2.

Solemn Warning: Staple

Torrential Tribute: Staple

Sorry for the formatting, I will try to fix it ASAP!
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 07-31-2014 at 11:46 PM.
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

These are the standard changes I would recommend, they should probably be made regardless of personal preference or playstyle:

-1 Pyramid Turtle (2 is really all you need)
-1/2 Vampire Takeover (don't run more than 1, if at all)
+0/1 Mezuki (largely up to personal taste, both 2 and 3 are fine)
+2 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast


These are the personal changes I would recommend, some of these changes may not suit your playstyle but they work for me:

-0/2 Forbidden Lance
-1 Dimensional Prison
-2 Call Of The Haunted
+/- 1 Book of Life (I would either run 0 or 2)
+0/1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
+0/2 Deck Devastation Virus
+0/2 Soul Exchange
+0/2 Trap Stun
+2 Skill Drain/Fiendish Chain (the deck really needs one or the other, though I prefer Skill Drain now)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]

Last edited by SupaDupaRoach : 12-31-2013 at 12:12 AM.
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

Looks fine to me, though as Roach said Takeover is normally best at 1.

You do need some effect negation though, I prefer (at least 2) Fiendish Chain since it also stops attacks but if you can also fit in some Effect Veilers then I recommend it since it should be an important card next format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDupaRoach View Post
+2 Skill Drain/Fiendish Chain (the deck really needs one or the other, though I prefer Skill Drain now)
I'd actually advise against that, 3 Fiendish Chain and 2 Skill Drain has been working beautifully for me. It's not like we can draw into the cards we need easily, so having more options is always better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

Lol, I really want to make the deck competitive and I have tested those changes already.
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scts View Post
I'd actually advise against that, 3 Fiendish Chain and 2 Skill Drain has been working beautifully for me. It's not like we can draw into the cards we need easily, so having more options is always better.
That's a fair point. When I added the Skill Drains I just dropped the Fiendish Chains, so I've never actually tried it with both, but I can see why you would run both.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

I made some changes and I must say, the deck is testing much better. I will post the changes and edits right now! Thanks for the help guys but keep on editing!

Additional Comment:

I do need help w. the extra deck, espically with my tech plague
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 12-31-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamotk View Post
I do need help w. the extra deck, espically with my tech plague
I wouldn't devote too much Extra Deck space for Plaguespreader since you only run 1 and you don't have any way to get him back once he is banished. Here are basically your options:

Level 6 Synchros
- Doomkaiser Dragon (good if your opponent happens to be running Zombies or if you side Zombie World, is a Zombie so it is 2900 with the field and can be summoned from the grave with Mezuki)
- Revived King Ha Des (another good Zombie option, 2950 with the field and prevents annoying floaters, *cough*Mermail Abysslinde and Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter*cough*)
- HTS Psyhemuth (a good alternate removal option, but since we can't consistently make 6s it's not as good here)
- Vulcan the Divine (another good alternate removal option, but I wouldn't run him as your only 6 since he will have to Return himself to the Extra Deck if you don't have another card)
- Iron Chain Dragon (its effect works with the field, but it isn't really that good in my opinion)

Level 7 Synchros
- Black Rose Dragon (blow up the field)
- Ancient Fairy Dragon (get rid of your opponent's field and add one of your own)

Level 8 Synchros
- Beelze, King of Dark Dragons (this guy isn't out yet, but he will probably be one of our stronger level 8 synchro options once he is)
- Scrap Dragon (a standard option, more destruction and he's a beater)
- Dark End Dragon (it's attack isn't that impressive, but it has a nice removal effect)
- Stardust Spark Dragon (its attack isn't that impressive but it can prevent any card from being destroyed once per turn, and since we can't consistently go into 8s having a non-situational card like this wouldn't be a bad idea)
- Crimson Blader (not as strong of a card this format, and is somewhat situational to boot, so I don't think it's that strong of a choice currently)
- Colossal Fighter (can summon itself back if it is destroyed by battle and gets boosted attack if you are facing a warrior deck, this would probably be my recommendation for a Skill Drain variant, but you could also potentially run it as a meta call)
- Infernity Doom Dragon (high attack and a strong effect when you have no hand, but its usefulness is limited by how often you find yourself with an empty hand)
- Void Ogre Dragon (same as Infernity Doom Dragon)
- Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend (not out yet and he doesn't have a set release date to my knowledge, but I'm mentioning him purely because he will be one of the strongest splashable level 8 synchros once he comes out)


My recommended synchro set:
1 Revived King Ha Des/Doomkaiser Dragon
0/1 HTS Psyhemuth/Vulcan the Divine
0/1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
0/1 Beelze, King of Dark Dragons/Colossal Fighter/Crimson Blader/Stardust Spark Dragon

I would not devote more than 4 Extra Deck slots to synchros. Here is a decent Extra Deck skeleton:
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Number 101: Silent Honors Ark Knight
1 Gagaga Cowboy
0/1 Evilswarm Exciton Knight
0/1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
0/1 Abyss Dweller
0/1 Daigusto Emeral
0/1 Number 66: Master Key Beetle
0/1 Number 85: Crazy Box
1 Shark Fortress
2 Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
2/3 Crimson Knight Vampire Bram
1/2 Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1 Revived King Ha Des/Doomkaiser Dragon
0/1 HTS Psyhemuth/Vulcan the Divine
0/1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
0/1 Beelze, King of Dark Dragon/Colossal Fighter/Crimson Blader/Stardust Spark Dragon


Personally, I have some reservations about Plaguespreader, but if you are going to run him I would definitely suggest running Book of Life and you may also want to tech a copy of Burial from a Different Dimension as a method of getting Plaguespreader back in the grave, along with Mezuki and Sorcerer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]

Last edited by SupaDupaRoach : 12-31-2013 at 02:01 PM.
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

The reason I tech in a plague is because Mezuki can easily summon him, you can ditch plague with Zombie Master, plus it has great synergy with Bram. It has been testing good and I like the deck much better. Thanks for the extra deck help, I will continue to test the deck until I understand how to improve it.

Additional Comment:

This deck seems to have A LOT of potential. Once there is more support I think this deck will become very viable and competitive. But now it is just a really fun deck.

Additional Comment:

I have been testing various cards such as Card Trooper , Enemy Controller , Plaguespreader Zombie , also thinking about using d-hero mali.

Additional Comment:

Also buriel, tbh this deck is good and I might try to make this deck competitive
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 12-31-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Meister_of_Puppets
Alive Again!
 
Meister_of_Puppets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Union, SC
Posts: 2,933
iTrader: 71 (95%)
Default

Your running zombies without a Lavalval Chain? For shame. For the extra deck, I would add 2 Gaia Dragon, because you can just use him to recycle Bram after he summons himself, and for Synchros, you should definitely add Ancient Fairy Dragon as he usually gets out Kingdom as soon as I summon him. The rest is up to you, I would probably add a Abyss Dweller and some of the stuff SupaDupaRoach recommended.
__________________
Frog Monarchs
Meister_of_Puppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

1 Gaia Dragon is usually enough, you tend to just ride it out with Bram anyway. You'll only need about 3 Synchros anyway; Black Rose Dragon, Vulcan the Divine and either Ancient Fairy Dragon or HTS Psyhemuth are all you'll need, the rest don't really merit the Extra Deck space. Plus you can't make level 8s.

Don't go near Malicious or Card Trooper, we don't like random milling and Mali needs deck built around him. Burial from a Different Dimension is a -1 and since the only card we really need back from the Banished Zone is Mezuki, you might as well just run more Mezuki if that's what you want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

I was just watching this duel on youtube and this guy was running vamps. He crushed this constellar guy and he was using cards like Card Trooper and Mali. TBH I really like Card Trooper as it is a first turn play that can usually plus 1. And he can mill ur Mezuki and sorcerer into the grave.
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #12
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

I'm advising you to not run Card Trooper since you want this deck to be competitive, but if you really want to then I can't stop you. Also, YouTube is not the place to find good duelists I'm afraid, if he had videos of him consistently beating the top decks with his build then I'd be more believing, but a one-off means nothing.

You don't want to just mill Sorcerer, you want him to die and get you a search more than anything else. You have Foolish Burial and Zombie Master for Mezuki.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

So then how can I make this deck better because right now it is ok but ik it can be better
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

It depends what you want from it. The deck in my sig as well as Roach's are more anti-meta based, whereas Diabound's deck which you can find in the Vampire thread uses Ghostricks to control the tempo of the game.

If you just want straight-up Kingdom Vampires, then this deck looks just fine to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #15
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

I want a deck that has vamps. Plus to have the deck to be at a competitive level so that the deck CAN be any deck. For example, a deck like Harpies is a rogue deck but they can be beat any deck. I want vamps to be a surprise deck that are surprisingly good.
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #16
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

What I meant was what kind of style of play do you lean more towards? Skill Drain brings stun & control, playing more of a heavy grind game, whereas Ghostrick-Vampires can absorb pushes and apply pressure at the right moment.

Right now those are the two most competitive variants of Vampires at your disposal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #17
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

http://i.imgur.com/pTx8tme.png just took harpies

And more of a zombie XYZ deck. I want to abuse Kingdom + Duke then XYZ all day long. I think that is the best way to play the deck and Skill Drain should be side.

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/vuq9XEh.png gggggggggggg
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 01-01-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #18
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

Well, they are a Zombie deck and they predominantly XYZ, so I don't really see what you mean. If you mean you want to spam like ZombieMaster.dek then you're barking up the wrong tree; that's just not what Vampires do.

If you want to abuse Kingdom then you can either stick with what you've got or you an check out the Vampire thread for Diabound's deck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #19
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scts View Post
Plus you can't make level 8s.
You can make rank 8s, you just have to climb through a 6. But between Zombie Master, Plague's summoning effect, Mezuki, Book of Life, and level 6 Zombie synchros that isn't really that hard to do. Granted, maybe not worth the Extra Deck space. That's also more of a ZombieMaster.dek strategy, so I think it might be a good idea to stay away from it. Of course, that is why I would recommend staying away from Plaguespreader in general, so you can take that with a grain of salt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]

Last edited by SupaDupaRoach : 01-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

testing is going good, I am starting to like this deck

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/OCJQHJy.png constellars doe

Additional Comment:

Card Trooper is an all-star. Idc what you guys say, YOU NEED TO RUN HIM!

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/67aixZx.png this is what I am using, it is great. Best so far
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 01-01-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #21
scts
Reach>Flexibility
 
scts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Age: 22
Posts: 2,454
iTrader: 0
Default

I did try him, he wasn't good. You really shouldn't run Card Trooper in a deck that doesn't run at least 25+ monsters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Howard View Post
I will keep all of my cards for my children. Whoever wins gets dinner.
.
.
scts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

http://i.imgur.com/tlRinNX.png all day long

Additional Comment:

I got the decklist of the zombie player I was talking about. He ran 25 monsters in his build, idk if I shoudl use it
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY

Last edited by teamotk : 01-01-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamotk View Post
http://i.imgur.com/tlRinNX.png all day long

Additional Comment:

I got the decklist of the zombie player I was talking about. He ran 25 monsters in his build, idk if I shoudl use it
If you want a deck that spam summons synchros and xyzs, which is the goal of any Zombie deck running 25 monsters + Card Trooper + Malicious + zombies, then you shouldn't be doing it with Vampires. You'd have much more success with that Zombie deck if it didn't have the Vampires in it at all; people have already tried mixing these two, it doesn't work very well. Just play one or the other.

I would also say that if Card Trooper is giving you good mills with that deck line-up you have, over a large number of duels, then you are just incredibly lucky. And this isn't just from a Vampire perspective, any competitive player will look at an 18 monster deck running 2 Card Troopers and scoff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]

Last edited by SupaDupaRoach : 01-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
teamotk
Vampire Expert
 
teamotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the long lost country
Posts: 1,031
iTrader: 3 (73%)
Default

Here is why Card Trooper is good

1. 1900 beater to start off, can run over most of the first turn normal summons

2. Mills 3x Mezuki and 3x Socerer to the grave, plus even the other vamps because you can do shenanigans with Foolish Burial. The odds you mill a vamp/Mezuki are pretty high so I disagree with what you are saying.

3. You draw 1 when it dies, so usually you plus off this card.

So why would I not run this card, the only time it has been bad is when I played a macro deck, which I lost
__________________
DECKS:

PACMAN
*************
SIX SAMURAI

TRADE THREAD:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=913639


UPDATE TRADE THREAD EVERY SUNDAY, SHIP EVERY FRIDAY, SATURDAY, OR MONDAY
teamotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #25
SupaDupaRoach
You Are The Sun
 
SupaDupaRoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,443
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamotk View Post
Here is why Card Trooper is good

1. 1900 beater to start off, can run over most of the first turn normal summons

2. Mills 3x Mezuki and 3x Socerer to the grave, plus even the other vamps because you can do shenanigans with Foolish Burial. The odds you mill a vamp/Mezuki are pretty high so I disagree with what you are saying.

3. You draw 1 when it dies, so usually you plus off this card.

So why would I not run this card, the only time it has been bad is when I played a macro deck, which I lost
Here are a few reasons that I think Card Trooper is bad in Vampires:

1. Has to be normal summoned in a deck that is dependent on normal summons. The normal summon that you use for Trooper could be better spent on setting a Goblin Zombie, Pyramid Turtle, Sorcerer, Mezuki, or even Plaguespreader.

2. The probability of milling a Mezuki or Sorcerer is okay (I wouldn't say "pretty high"), but the probability of milling a spell or trap is even higher. Additionally, milling Sorcerer isn't actually that good since we can't get his search.

3. Trooper is best on turn 1, but if it fails to successfully mill either Mezuki, Plaguespreader, or Sorcerer then we have essentially set ourselves back one turn, and I feel like the turn 1 set-up is pretty vital in Vampires.

4. Trooper is neither level 4 or a Zombie, so he cannot be used to XYZ or summoned from the grave with Mezuki, Zombie Master, etc. (On a side note, if they were to make a level 4 Zombie version of Card Trooper he would be pretty broken in ZombieMaster.dek)

5. Trooper doesn't really help the consistency of the deck. The deck doesn't run enough good mill targets or any chaos-type cards to making milling consistent (not that milling is ever that consistent) and even though it does provide a draw when it is destroyed it is at the cost of a normal summon (which is essentially a turn for this deck). In my opinion, any tech cards you run in this deck (and really any deck) should be to either improve the consistency of the deck, add power to the deck, or grant access to strong plays, but Card Trooper doesn't really do any of those things here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Look, no one ******* wants you here, your logic is nonsense, your theory is trash, and you're generally annoying.
Madolches [Last Updated: 8/26/14]

Last edited by SupaDupaRoach : 01-01-2014 at 11:27 PM.
SupaDupaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.