Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
PinkyAndTheBrain
Pojo Veteran

Default ~Cyber Dragon Artifacts: The New Way to Cyber Network~

Hey Guys,

Holy Mackerel...the Artifacts are really good! I've been playing Cyber Dragons a LOT for the last month. I hate the stupid Power Bond / Overload Fusion OTKs and I was working on a Rank 5 Control version that uses Cyber Network to spam the field until the Artifact cards were released on DEVPRO.

The Artifact cards are a godsend for this deck. I mean they literally fit like a glove with the new Cyber Dragon support and they make Cyber Network more viable than ever...

So here's the deal:

The artifact monsters are Level 5 Fairy types that let you set them in your S/T Zone. If they are destroyed in the S/T Zone on your opponent's turn, then they get Special Summoned. When Artifacts are Special Summoned in ANY way during your opponent's turn you get their secondary effects (drawing or spot removal).

So that's part 1 but they also come with one of the best searchers in the game. It is a trap card that special summons an Artifact from the deck, but you have to sacrifice your battle phase. This DOESN'T matter because you can just activate them on your opponent's turn and get their effects too. That's right, you have a trap that basically summons a level 5 monster and destroys one card on the field with absolutely no drawbacks!

But that's not all. They also have a Rank 5 with a pretty good effect. He has a Spell Speed 2 effect that can convert one of your opponent's effects into MST. This is actually GOOD in this deck because you want the opponent to hit Cyber Network or a set Artifact on the opponent's turn to avoid the Battle Phase restriction.

So basically, Cyber Dragons are a formidable Rank 5 deck with these cards. They are fast and they maintain advantage plus Cyber Network's disadvantages are now either assets (Backrow Nuking) or totally by-passable (Battle Phase restriction clause).

Obviously this is a preliminary build and much testing will need to be done but I think I've hit some cool combos. Malevolent Catastrophe has turned out to be a great tech to set off Cyber Network and the Artifacts. The only card I want to make room for is Call Of The Haunted since it can set off the Artifacts' effects if I activate it on my opponent's turn.

Here's the deck: Please test and give feed back!
Quote:
~Monsters~

|Artifacts|
Artifact Moralltach x2
Artifact Caduceus x2

|Cyber Engine|
Cyber Dragon x3
Cyber Dragon Drei x3
Cyber Dragon Core x3

|Techs|
Cyber Eltanin
Honest
Effect Veiler x2

~Spells~

|Consistency|
Pot of Duality x2
Cyber Repair Plant x2
Foolish Burial

|Disruption|
Book of Moon
Dark Hole
Artifact Movement x3

~Traps~

|Summoning|
Theosophy of the Artifacts x3
Cyber Network x2

|Disruption|
DNA Surgery x3
Malevolent Catastrophe
Torrential Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Solemn Warning

Cyber End Dragon
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x3
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry
Cyber Dragon Nova
Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech
Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh
Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
Constellar Pleiades
Number 61: Volcasaurus
Artifact Durandal x
Starliege Paladynamo
Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

Last edited by PinkyAndTheBrain : 12-24-2013 at 04:45 PM.
PinkyAndTheBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
Shadowmega
Pojo Veteran

Chronomaly Golden Jet is slightly better than Drei for this Deck IMO. Maybe you should replace 1-2 Drei with Golden Jet.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
PinkyAndTheBrain
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmega View Post
Chronomaly Golden Jet is slightly better than Drei for this Deck IMO. Maybe you should replace 1-2 Drei with Golden Jet.
Drei is pivotal in this deck...He turns Cyber Network into a protection card, he can boost other Cybers like Core that have been SSed by Network, and he works with DNA Surgery.

Chronomaly Golden Jet does give my Xyz flexibility but I think that he is overall less suitable in this deck. I could try him at 1 over Drei though since I never really need all 3 Drei.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Kaosraven

Looks good. May have to give it a try and see how it runs.
Will try your build and then try some of my own ideas. Will post if I find anything that runs well
Kaosraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
PinkyAndTheBrain
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosraven View Post
Looks good. May have to give it a try and see how it runs.
Will try your build and then try some of my own ideas. Will post if I find anything that runs well
Sweet! That would be great!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Spectator Sport
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmega View Post
I don't agree with this.

Cronomaly just increases it's level for rank 5 plays.

Drei does the exact same thing plus it's another Cyber Dragon in your deck so it can be searched out when it's needed. Plus it's a target for nova.
It has a protection effect that works well with nova. Turns cyber network into a protection trap to stall until you get networks effect.

Anyway as for the deck itself I can't rate it as I'm not sure about the artifact cards as I've never seen them before. Wasn't there a spell that acts like a Mystical Space Typhoon that's godly in an artifact deck you can add?

Last edited by Spectator Sport : 12-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Spectator Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Shadowmega
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator Sport View Post
I don't agree with this.

Drei does the exact same thing plus it's another Cyber Dragon in your deck so it can be searched out when it's needed. Plus it's a target for nova.
It has a protection effect that works well with nova. Turns cyber network into a protection trap to stall until you get networks effect.

Anyway as for the deck itself I can't rate it as I'm not sure about the artifact cards as I've never seen them before. Wasn't there a spell that acts like a Mystical Space Typhoon that's godly in an artifact deck you can add?
Drei cannot protect Nova actually, because Nova is not a "Cyber Dragon". Sorry in advance if I don't understand your point.

I did suggest Pinky just swap 1-2 Drei for Golden Jet. I know, both Drei and Golden Jet have different advantages in some aspects.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
PinkyAndTheBrain
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator Sport View Post
I don't agree with this.

I agree that Drei is better but you got a few things wrong.

You have to admit that Drei limits you Xyz options to just Machines.

He is a Nova attack-boosting and graveyard-summoning target but he can't be used to protect Nova.

He CAN be used to protect stuff like Cyber Dragon / Cyber Dragon Core so you can use them with DNA Surgery / Rank 5 the next turn (Which happens to be very useful).

I'm going to keep Drei at 3 but I do acknowledge Golden Jet's advantages too (primarily Adreus and Pleideas).

Artifact Movement (the MST lookalike) hasn't been released on DevPro so I can't test it yet. I'm sure that it will end up in my deck once it is released.

Last edited by PinkyAndTheBrain : 12-24-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost