Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #51
Lightning
Screw the rules
 
Lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: anywhere I wanna be
Posts: 686
iTrader: 0
Default

The start of last format had rogue decks topping too. They all eventually became d-rulers a month after though. I just want to fast forward already and see this format unfold, just curious to see if I'm right on the money which decks will do good or bad.
__________________
I'd rather have a president that screwed interns, rather than a president that screwed his country.

Everyone has their own opinions, you have a choice not to agree with it.
Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #52
LunarWingCloud
Revolution Sign
 
LunarWingCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 22
Posts: 2,025
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajousek View Post
wishful thinking. deck is still pretty unplayable.
Define unplayable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukm4 View Post
The two cards that best exemplify what has gone wrong with this game in the last few years should go to 3, not 0? I hate Pojo.
Please subscribe to GamingStooges LPs? :3
IRL Decks: Junk Doppel, Mermail, Quickdraw Quasar, Madolche
LunarWingCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #53
pajousek
[Plant/Tuner]
 
pajousek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 22
Posts: 2,678
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarWingCloud View Post
Define unplayable.
I consider deck playable only if you can take it to a tournament (Regionals at least) and top/win with it. You can't do that with Plant Synchro now.

Therefore unplayable.
__________________
Quietly weeping.
pajousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #54
vamppa
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Blader_X View Post
The formats have been bad since the TCG split off. I've been watching tournaments all of last format, and noone won even locals without maindecking cards that would otherwise be side-deck material. Vanitys emptiness is a perfect example. Why were dragons still tier 1? They didnt have to worry about backrow, could set it freely, and could stop their opponent from een playing the game by flipping vanitys emptiness or Skill Drain. In older formats, decks could overcome the overextending by punishing the opponent with Heavy Storm. Now, theres no way to punish someone for setting all of their backrow and not holding anything back. Heavy Storm took skill because you had to know how to respond to the traps they held back. Now, theres no fear of Heavy Storm, so you just set everyhing, and they have to MST the things that wouldnt be in the deck in the first place just to get screwed by Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Raigeki Break, or torrential that they could have MSTd. I miss the thought involved in setting backrow. Theres none of that now. And lonefire to two is a blatant sales pitch to sell LVAL, sylvans are already tier 1 with a single lonefire. Next format is gonna be GK, sylvans, D rulers with blue-eyes engine, and maybe mermail/firefist (dont count on it much tho). All of the forst 3 are heavy backrow or ignoring backrow altogether in te case of D rulers and sylvans.
although I think the moment to use your Heavy Storm or not was brainless.
made enough solid strategies not see any play, I do miss the flipside of it.
being careful with what/how many backrow you set.
One has gotto be careful eitherway though but ye some noobs can get lucky and get away with it.
maybe the answer is to get another new card and not getting Heavy Storm back.
vamppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #55
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,358
iTrader: 0
Default

This thread wasn't about Heavy Storm. Don't make it into one.

The absence of Heavy Storm has nothing to do with the potential greatness of a format. Those saying it does need to look at the game at a deeper level.

Next format will be good.
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #56
Imperial Kozak
Lovetrance
 
Imperial Kozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Doesn't matter.
Posts: 4,398
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Default

This format has potential to be good.

At first, I called a Bujin format, but then that has yet to be tested.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime123 on Neo Spacian Grand Mole and Compulsorу Evacuation Device
To 3.14159
Why does Cheer Girl, Marilyn wear heels in this picture? I mean Cheer Girl, Tiara does not, and they're both cheerleaders.

Divine Wind of Mist Valley to 3
NOW!!!
Imperial Kozak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #57
Profiter
Pojo Veteran
 
Profiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,749
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmval826 View Post
This thread wasn't about Heavy Storm. Don't make it into one.

The absence of Heavy Storm has nothing to do with the potential greatness of a format. Those saying it does need to look at the game at a deeper level.

Next format will be good.
Wow what an incredibly hypocritical and superficial thing to say.
Profiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #58
RedLight
All Around Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,128
iTrader: 0
Default

Next format will be great. Misplays actually will cost you games now instead of going "oh I misplayed time to YOLO" dumb mentality won't work next format. Fire Fist and Mermails are the only two decks that look the best. Everything else looks slow and inconsistent. Geargia's are actually easier to beat with Marksman and Bear being very real again.
__________________
Top 4SanJose regionals 3/17/2007
1st PlaceSouth San Fransisco Regionals 8/25/07
1st PlaceSouth San Fransisco Regionals 11/03/08
Top 4San Jose Regionals 1/15/2011
Top 8San Jose Regionals 4/23/2011
Top 8San Jose Regionals 2/18/2012
Top 4(9-0) San Jose Regionals 5/05/2012
Top 8San Jose Regionals 9/29/2012
Top 8San Jose Regionals 4/05/2014
RedLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #59
siccoro da don
keeps you safe
 
siccoro da don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HB, OC, SOCAL
Age: 22
Posts: 14,600
iTrader: 11 (82%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajousek View Post
I consider deck playable only if you can take it to a tournament (Regionals at least) and top/win with it. You can't do that with Plant Synchro now.

Therefore unplayable.
plants topped a few last format though :/. Not talking about Druler varients either.
__________________


Ball buster
siccoro da don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #60
pajousek
[Plant/Tuner]
 
pajousek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Age: 22
Posts: 2,678
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoro da don View Post
plants topped a few last format though :/. Not talking about Druler varients either.
Links to decklists/whatever? From September 2013 format.
__________________
Quietly weeping.
pajousek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #61
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,358
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiter View Post
Wow what an incredibly hypocritical and superficial thing to say.
I am sorry, I just don't want to see pro stormers coming into a thread and spouting nonsense about Heavy Storm where it doesn't belong. Same for people who want Heavy Storm gone.

I don't see the hypocrisy though. I stated a simple fact. Heavy Storms absence is not a reason why a format will suck. It's easy. No need to bring up Heavy Storm as a singular reason why someone would think it will be good or bad.

Bringing up Storm as a reason why the format will suck is known as a "crutch".

There you go... you got me talking about it. Now I am being a hypocrite.

I am done though.
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #62
Doctor Who
Where's my TARDIS?
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
Age: 28
Posts: 3,589
iTrader: 0
Default

The format will start off diverse, and then as it gets its footing it will come down to 2 or 3 decks that are better then the others and people will flock to those decks for the rest of the format.
__________________

Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #63
Roosh
Ditto Prostitute
 
Roosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In Gipsy Danger's Control Room
Posts: 12,373
iTrader: 8 (80%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Kozak View Post
This format has potential to be good.

At first, I called a Bujin format, but then that has yet to be tested.
Bujins suck.


Anyways, on topic, the format is far from perfect. It's alright, and I'm loving the lonefire to 2.
__________________
Surprise, I don't care.

I need a Ditto safari yo pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty Gh0st View Post
Friends are for losers that can't afford tier 1 decks.
Roosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #64
VongolaPrimo
Pojo Veteran
 
VongolaPrimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carriebean
Posts: 2,205
iTrader: 0
Default

They said that last format and the one before that and the one before that seeing a pattern here?

Sent from my DASH 4.0 using Tapatalk
__________________
I am hosting a tournament on devpro.
Wednesday the 30TH 2:00 EDT
Prize:100 Devpoints (devpoints can be used to get a custom sleeve like on DN but for everybody to see)
Message me for more info
VongolaPrimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #65
VongolaPrimo
Pojo Veteran
 
VongolaPrimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carriebean
Posts: 2,205
iTrader: 0
Default

And btw they had a big tournament in Germany using the new list in the top 16 they were 6 mermails

Sent from my DASH 4.0 using Tapatalk
__________________
I am hosting a tournament on devpro.
Wednesday the 30TH 2:00 EDT
Prize:100 Devpoints (devpoints can be used to get a custom sleeve like on DN but for everybody to see)
Message me for more info
VongolaPrimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #66
vamppa
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmval826 View Post
I am sorry, I just don't want to see pro stormers coming into a thread and spouting nonsense about Heavy Storm where it doesn't belong. Same for people who want Heavy Storm gone.

I don't see the hypocrisy though. I stated a simple fact. Heavy Storms absence is not a reason why a format will suck. It's easy. No need to bring up Heavy Storm as a singular reason why someone would think it will be good or bad.

Bringing up Storm as a reason why the format will suck is known as a "crutch".

There you go... you got me talking about it. Now I am being a hypocrite.

I am done though.
1) I didnt bring Heavy Storm up
2) surely not as a reason to why the format is x or y as it doesnt rely on one card.
3) not sure if you got it but im glad it is gone just replying and expressing my thoughts on it.
that I do miss some more thought into playing backrow.
for sure as hell am I glad about the DEERRP heavystorm plays being gone.

I believe the format is going to be great anyway what is there to say about it?
wait and see.
vamppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #67
Imperial Kozak
Lovetrance
 
Imperial Kozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Doesn't matter.
Posts: 4,398
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosh View Post
Bujins suck.


Anyways, on topic, the format is far from perfect. It's alright, and I'm loving the lonefire to 2.
Does that mean my Bujin Format assumption is out of the equation?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime123 on Neo Spacian Grand Mole and Compulsorу Evacuation Device
To 3.14159
Why does Cheer Girl, Marilyn wear heels in this picture? I mean Cheer Girl, Tiara does not, and they're both cheerleaders.

Divine Wind of Mist Valley to 3
NOW!!!
Imperial Kozak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #68
Roosh
Ditto Prostitute
 
Roosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In Gipsy Danger's Control Room
Posts: 12,373
iTrader: 8 (80%)
Default

To be honest, last time I played they were completely irrelevant. Idk any of the new support they got, but I doubt they can keep up the pace vs stuff like Geargaiakuris.
__________________
Surprise, I don't care.

I need a Ditto safari yo pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty Gh0st View Post
Friends are for losers that can't afford tier 1 decks.
Roosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #69
ElectricSoldier
Up-Graded
 
ElectricSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Silph Company
Posts: 3,178
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosh View Post
To be honest, last time I played they were completely irrelevant. Idk any of the new support they got, but I doubt they can keep up the pace vs stuff like Geargaiakuris.
Have you SEEN THE NEW STUFF HOLY ****.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseker View Post
Damn these DN admins, not uploading the cards I want in their spare, free, unpaid time, on this website that I don't pay for to play on.

*waves fist*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvin123 View Post
You're the "I don't know what guy I am" kind of guy.
ElectricSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #70
Roosh
Ditto Prostitute
 
Roosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In Gipsy Danger's Control Room
Posts: 12,373
iTrader: 8 (80%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSoldier View Post
Have you SEEN THE NEW STUFF HOLY ****.
No but I'm biased. I hate the deck because it's boring and linear. Literally no amount of new support could get me into that.
__________________
Surprise, I don't care.

I need a Ditto safari yo pm me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty Gh0st View Post
Friends are for losers that can't afford tier 1 decks.
Roosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
FNX90BCN
Pojo Veteran
 
FNX90BCN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Age: 24
Posts: 701
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosh View Post
No but I'm biased. I hate the deck because it's boring and linear. Literally no amount of new support could get me into that.
Bujin Decisive Battle and a Bujin killing a Burei/Bureido/whatever with more attack than original Bujin atk means ALL of them in grave/extra-deck/hand/main deck are banished.

Bujin Concealment returns ALL the other monsters on the field to hand (extra monsters to extra of course) and prevents summons for 2 turns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
James made for an attractive woman in that episode...
That is the only and last time I will ever say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player 1 View Post
When the ban list happens you don't win, you just do a little better each time.
FNX90BCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #72
VongolaPrimo
Pojo Veteran
 
VongolaPrimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Carriebean
Posts: 2,205
iTrader: 0
Default

You don't main cards that works on little decks aka situational

Sent from my DASH 4.0 using Tapatalk
__________________
I am hosting a tournament on devpro.
Wednesday the 30TH 2:00 EDT
Prize:100 Devpoints (devpoints can be used to get a custom sleeve like on DN but for everybody to see)
Message me for more info
VongolaPrimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #73
FNX90BCN
Pojo Veteran
 
FNX90BCN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barcelona
Age: 24
Posts: 701
iTrader: 0
Default

I'll probabl run at least 1 of each because they are searchable and with Hirume Xyzing it's really easy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShin View Post
James made for an attractive woman in that episode...
That is the only and last time I will ever say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player 1 View Post
When the ban list happens you don't win, you just do a little better each time.
FNX90BCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.