Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
RedLight
All Around Player

RedLight is on a distinguished road
Default January-April 2014 Ban List Prediction

Banned:
Return from the Different Dimension
Sixth Sense

Limited to One:
Imperial Iron Wall
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity

Semi-Limited:
Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars
Torrential Tribute

Unlimited:
Dimensional Prison
Mirror Force
Reasoning

Basic explanation of why I think these cards will be on the list.

Banned: Both are self explanatory.

Limited to One:
Imperial Iron Wall-I think they're going to pull what they did to Macro Cosmos, Soul Drain, and Dimensional Fissure. They seem to dislike cards that say you can't play Yugioh in a sense so don't be suprised by this move at all.

Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity-This card realistically only works in one deck. Now that Shock Master is gone and Magician is @ 1, I don't think this card will be that much of a threat. I definitely see this coming back.

Semi-Limited:
All 4 Big Dragons-I think they will put all of them to two so that they can still be used in other decks.
Sacred Sword of Seven Stars-For precautionary measures they will hit this as well to prevent the consistent drawing of dragons we have now.
Torrential Tribute-Should be at two this format. I don't think its that hard to play around with Dracossacks, Wisdom, Pandemics, Lances running around. I would push this up to three but that may be too much in a heavyless format.

Unlimited:
Dimensional Prison-It's not doing much at two, and its easy to play around especially with the fact its not chainable.
Mirror Force-Same exact reason as above, also its @ 3 in Japan so I definately see Konami of America copying them.
Reasoning-Its @ 3 in Japan so I see it go up here as well.

I don't think Spellbooks will be touched because in all fairness that deck hasn't really done enough to warrant any sort of hit. If Spellbooks do get hit, it will just be Spellbook of Secrets to two and thats it.

Last edited by RedLight : 10-22-2013 at 01:18 AM.
RedLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
Tactical Power

Tactical Power is on a distinguished road

mirror force can be a pain to play around multiple copies of. while narrow minded ppl only tend to think of the few decks dnt care about facing Mirror Force at all, lots more decks will have to play with constant fear of it and this is bad for the general deck variety in the meta. this card should never be at more than 1 imo. if the game wants to address derpy otks thats fine by me but just hit the derpyness head on instead of adding more troll to the game. generic spashable cards that can get easy/skilless 5 for 1's should not have to be dealt with more than once a game.

Last edited by Tactical Power : 10-22-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Tactical Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
RedLight
All Around Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Power View Post
mirror force can be a pain to play around multiple copies of. while narrow minded ppl only tend to think of the few decks dnt care about facing Mirror Force at all, lots more decks will have to play with constant fear of it. this card should never be at more than 1 imo. if the game wants to address derpy otks thats fine by me but just hit the derpyness head on instead of adding more troll to the game. generic spashable cards that can get easy 5 for 1's should not have to be dealt with more than once a game.
The point of Mirror Force is to prevent overextension. I think any legit tournament viable decks like Madolche, Wind-Ups, Constellars, Evilswarms, Prophecy, Dragons, Fire Fist, etc all could care less about Mirror Force. Its a card that promotes skill instead of mindless aggression.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #4
Tactical Power

Tactical Power is on a distinguished road

3 Mirror Force in the game would force more ppl to run the decks u mentioned. letting the monsters fight and settle things themselves more promotes skill, spamming 3 Mirror Force against a deck that has few answers for it is derpy. in a lot of cases Mirror Force is eons better than Dark Hole.

Last edited by Tactical Power : 10-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Tactical Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
echoplex

echoplex is on a distinguished road

i'm pretty sure wind ups can still hand loop you with hunter / zenmaighty / Daigusto Emeral not 100% sure BUT i'd be looking into that before bringing back the boat, however if they cannot hand loop then bring back the boat and it's fine.

the iron wall was interesting but it does follow a trend that might have been started from the last list. sixth sense and Return banned yes pls. Mirror Force is fine at 2, if anything i feel like they'd put it back to 1. as for the dragon rulers all going to 2 and sacred sword going to 2, this still makes dragunity rulers are thing. they only play 9 dragon rulers anyways, so under this list they would just play 8 dragon rulers. ravine + the whole dragunity engine is legal too, so they're still going to be good. not sure how you feel about that, in terms of predictions if they wanted to kill off the deck they might take a much harsher approach in terms of hitting the deck like putting ravine to 1.
echoplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
RedLight
All Around Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplex View Post
i'm pretty sure wind ups can still hand loop you with hunter / zenmaighty / Daigusto Emeral not 100% sure BUT i'd be looking into that before bringing back the boat, however if they cannot hand loop then bring back the boat and it's fine.

the iron wall was interesting but it does follow a trend that might have been started from the last list. sixth sense and Return banned yes pls. Mirror Force is fine at 2, if anything i feel like they'd put it back to 1. as for the dragon rulers all going to 2 and sacred sword going to 2, this still makes dragunity rulers are thing. they only play 9 dragon rulers anyways, so under this list they would just play 8 dragon rulers. ravine + the whole dragunity engine is legal too, so they're still going to be good. not sure how you feel about that, in terms of predictions if they wanted to kill off the deck they might take a much harsher approach in terms of hitting the deck like putting ravine to 1.
I thought about Dragunity as well, but they are easier to deal with than Standard Dragons as hand traps really stifle their plays more so than not. Putting Ravine to 1 would outright kill all the Dragon Ruler variants. Konami of America thus far isn't trying to kill decks they just bring decks down a notch where every deck is balanced with other decks.