Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
TeslaMouse
92% wifi win rate

Angry Sleeves having to match extra deck.

Not sure if there is already a topic on here, but if there is, please lock. I know this looks like a whine thread, aand it possibly is.

I know this has been a rule for a while and it's just about to get officially enforced, but I just wanted everyone's take on the matter.

Basically in short, your sleeves of your main deck must match the side and extra deck. What this means is you cannot have white sleeves for the main an side of lightsworn and have the extra in blue sleeves.

http://ygorganization.com/on-extra-d...er-things-too/

or else you'll get hit with penalties.

I for one hate this rule. It's going to cost us more money and it's just a general inconvenience. The point is we still have to spend more money on this ****. I already have 55 red sleeves for the side and main of fire fists. I don't want to spend $4 on another pack of red sleeves just because I need 15 to cover the extra deck. $4 for 15 red sleeves?? Really??? I realize this rule is enforced because trash players will use cards like Question and Magical Hats. Every time we want to use a new color or build a new deck, we more likely than not, will have to buy 2 packs of sleeves per deck because assuming you use the bare minimum in our main deck, that's still 70 sleeves total that (40+15+15) and each pack of sleeves comes with 60. We have to buy 2 packs just to have enough matching sleeves for our decks.

If someone is using garbage like Magical Hats or Question, then they should have to use matching sleeves imo. I don't want to have to buy another pack of red ultra pro sleeves just for 15 sleeves to go on the extra deck of my fire fists and another pack of black ultra pro sleeves just for 15 to go on the extra deck of my constellars -.-

The sleeve thing is a bit redundant (and while this card is not very practical at a regional or whatnot, we're also talking about Magical Hats and Question here). What if you and your opponent are using different sleeves and they take control of your Stardust Dragon with Evilswarm Bahamut or Autonomous Action Unit and you go and attack it and they use Magical Hats on it? Your sleeves are a different color than their sleeves so what happens then?

Furthermore using different color on your extra deck makes it so you don't accidentally shuffle your extra deck cards into your main deck or if your opponent has the same sleeves and they don't "accidentally" shuffle your extra deck card into their deck and take it with them.

I can't believe I have to buy 2 more packs of sleeves just to sleeve both of my extra decks -.-

Discuss what your thoughts on this matter are.

Pokémon x friend code: 4613 7604 1572

SV: 4086
Old 09-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
pikerusmagic13
POKEMON TRAINAH!!!

i too believe your going to get penalties for mixing your extra deck with your main deck by accident during a major event and get called for cheating, i catch myself at times shuffling extra deck cards into the deck and if it wasnt for the opposite color of sleeves on them i wouldnt remember. I also dont like the idea of having to spend $4 on 15 sleeves, if anything card sleeve companys should adjust to this especially companies that sell yugioh sized sleeves :/
Old 09-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Ridders
I burn.

It's a garbage rule that has no actual logical reason for being.

Creates problems where there wouldn't be any and is just being lazy making them all have to be in the same sleeves than explaining the opposite.

Same as not messing with the artwork of Extra Deck cards, the fact that not every Judge is going to be able to know the card by it's artwork and go by name instead means it's just being lazy rule-wise.

Gotta be able to tell the cards by a quick glance my ass.

Last edited by Ridders : 09-21-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
Surik
Problems

Pretty genius, the Konami Illuminati worked this out to make money on this. Doubling the sales by enforcing this rule? Ge. Nius.

Pretty mad I can't use my custom sleeves anymore. And preparing for the next match will be a hassle now. >.> Game loss for having an extra Extra deck card in my main? Nice...

Last edited by Surik : 09-21-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
BlackLeatherJacket
You came too close

My Main and Side have the same sleeves so its easier to side and I don't have to de-sleeve. Forcing us to have the same sleeves for the Extra is so stupid. There have been countless times where I would mix my Extra deck cards into my main deck only to notice them as I am shuffling.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
ProtoZero X5
Water Ninja FTW.

Wait a tick, so this is really being implemented by Konami themselves?
Wants

Last edited by ProtoZero X5 : 09-21-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
TeslaMouse
92% wifi win rate

i heard that it was enforced at a few regionals recently.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Adol
Knife Thrower

Looks like I can't stick with Ultra Pros without buying another pack and ensuring that the little bubble is in the same place
Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
[Hiita]
Burning Up

-sigh-

By playing at a Konami sanctioned event, you agree to abide by their rules and regulations. If you choose to disobey these rules and regulations, then you are subject to a penalty if a Judge or Head Judge deems fit.

There is nothing you can do about it. Except, maybe, play at an ARG Open.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridders View Post
It's a garbage rule that has no actual logical reason for being.
I Book of Moon your differently-sleeved Stardust Dragon, leaving you with 3 face down monsters.

You use the continuous spell Shifting Shadows.

I attack over your Stardust Dragon anyways because by sleeving your card differently, you have made a yugioh card perform a useless task.

Konami doesn't like it when you make their cards irrelevant.

Last edited by [Hiita] : 09-21-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
TeslaMouse
92% wifi win rate

all because we have to abide by their stupid rule, doesn't mean we have to like it :/

Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
ProtoZero X5
Water Ninja FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaMouse View Post
i heard that it was enforced at a few regionals recently.
So they might probably do this around at every single regionals in the US?
Wants
Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
Bleakdragon55
The Jewish Pika-G!

In terms of regulations.... it is a rule and you have to play by them when you play at their tournaments.

Though I don't think anyone can deny it being one of the most idiotic.... If its the case in terms of Magical Hats, simply roll a dice to determine which monster zone will be attacked to ensure randomness. For Question.... I don't see how it should be a problem. After all, your opponent cannot check cards in the graveyard; and the only true issue would be seeing a particular sleeve stick out.... but if that is the problem, then hold the deck off to the side to put it out of view.

I think there are more simple solutions to this matter than making duelists spend more money.... and I think the only judges that really want to enforce this are

1) Being forced to
2) Want to feel in power by pushing a rule that has never been pushed hard before.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoZero X5 View Post
So they might probably do this around at every single regionals in the US?
That's the supposed rumor. I know the Knoxville regionals had some issues with it from what I heard.

Last edited by Bleakdragon55 : 09-21-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #13
ProtoZero X5
Water Ninja FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleakdragon55 View Post
In terms of regulations.... it is a rule and you have to play by them when you play at their tournaments.

Though I don't think anyone can deny it being one of the most idiotic.... If its the case in terms of Magical Hats, simply roll a dice to determine which monster zone will be attacked to ensure randomness. For Question.... I don't see how it should be a problem. After all, your opponent cannot check cards in the graveyard; and the only true issue would be seeing a particular sleeve stick out.... but if that is the problem, then hold the deck off to the side to put it out of view.

I think there are more simple solutions to this matter than making duelists spend more money.... and I think the only judges that really want to enforce this are

1) Being forced to
2) Want to feel in power by pushing a rule that has never been pushed hard before.

Additional Comment:

That's the supposed rumor. I know the Knoxville regionals had some issues with it from what I heard.
Oh goddamn it.
Wants
Old 09-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
Piconoe
Pojo Veteran

Comments mentioned Parasite Paraside and how you can probably change the sleeves to yours and put it in upside down so you can tell who owns which. Why not do that with yours if you get a Synchro/Xyz booked (minus the flipping since you own it)? Also, do we need to change sleeves on an Xyz with materials? The materials stay on so they practically label the card itself.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
murdermajig

I asked this question and got this response

http://i.imgur.com/M1z3mtb.jpg
Old 09-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
theDman777
The Fool

Thank god I don't do tourneys.
ROW ROW FIGHT DA MERMAIL
Old 09-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Boltizar
I'mma champion!

We're both using different colored sleeves.
I play Creature Swap. I gain control of your monster. You attack your monster and I respond with Magical Hats. Now I take two of my cards from my deck and shuffle your monster in with them.

Until I see a Konami rep weigh in on this "sleeve issue", I'm not going to take this as something that's actually going to start being mandatory.

You know you love me ~♥ | Singing Soul Gould Star Count: 1
Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
TeslaMouse
92% wifi win rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
I asked this question and got this response

http://i.imgur.com/M1z3mtb.jpg
But we still have to waste money on sleeves to fix the issue :/

Old 09-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #19
Redshift
Pojiwadai Elite 4

Realistically speaking, nothing has changed at all...

RC-1 & PC-1 Certified, Konami Judge Program Member (judged 5 YCS events, 1 WCQ)
3DS Friend Code: 2208 5236 3793
Closed Thread