Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Location: Waynesboro PA. Decks: Not right now. Currently on a break!!!
MeddlingMage is on a distinguished road
Default Chaos Dragons -- September 2013

MONSTERS: [28]
[01x] Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
[02x] Card Trooper
[01x] Chaos Sorcerer
[01x] Dark Armed Dragon
[03x] Darkflare Dragon
[01x] Eclipse Wyvern
[02x] Effect Veiler
[01x] Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
[01x] Honest
[03x] Lightpulsar Dragon
[03x] Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
[01x] Night Assailant
[01x] Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
[03x] Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
[02x] Tour Guide from the Underworld
[02x] Tragoedia

SPELLS: [12]
[01x] Allure of Darkness
[01x] Charge of the Light Brigade
[01x] Dark Hole
[02x] Forbidden Lance
[01x] Monster Reincarnation
[03x] Mystical Space Typhoon
[03x] Solar Recharge

EXTRA DECK: [15]
[01x] Abyss Dweller
[01x] Constellar Ptolemy M7
[01x] Gagaga Cowboy
[01x] Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
[01x] Inzektor Exa-Beetle
[01x] Leviair the Sea Dragon
[01x] Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
[01x] Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
[01x] Number 50: Blackship of Corn
[01x] Number 61: Volcasaurus
[01x] Photon Strike Bounzer
[01x] Queen Dragun Djinn
[01x] Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
[01x] Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
[01x] Wind-Up Zenmaines

BUJINS --+-- BABY RACCOONS
MeddlingMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Necromancer15
Based

Necromancer15 is on a distinguished road

Book of moon is really good.

I'd cut Night Assailant or a 3rd recharge for it maybe.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer15 View Post
Book of moon is really good.

I'd cut Night Assailant or a 3rd recharge for it maybe.
I thought about dropping one of them. Night Assailant is still good in this deck.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
Necromancer15
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMage View Post

I thought about dropping one of them. Night Assailant is still good in this deck.
I know it is good but book is probably better.

But with 6 lightsworns and the possibility of milling them 2 recharge seems good.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
btothewood
Crazy Canuck

btothewood is on a distinguished road

This build is nearly identical to my friend's. One tech he found very strong was a tsukoyomi; it deals with a lot of threats, and it's reusable (and dark!)
btothewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
I know it is good but book is probably better.

But with 6 lightsworns and the possibility of milling them 2 recharge seems good.
Yeah, but milling a TGU and then drawing into a TGU later with no targets is bad.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Necromancer15
Based

Quote:

Yeah, but milling a TGU and then drawing into a TGU later with no targets is bad.
It is; but I have seen builds that run just the 2 TGU.

You could just cut to 2 recharge though.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
Seabass194

Seabass194 is on a distinguished road

Deck looks pretty good. I'd suggest trying to fit in two Plaguespreader Zombies with some synchros in the extra such as Crimson Blader, Black Rose Dragon or Scrap Dragon. The deck mills a lot, so plague goes in the grave easy. He's reuseable and compatible with Lightpulsar and Darkflare. I'd maybe cut some rank 4's. With only Eclipse Wyvern and Lyla, it's hard to exceed with because Honest will probably be used. And yes, add a Book of Moon.
Seabass194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Heatfireash

Heatfireash is on a distinguished road

I would suggest

- 1 Solar Recharge ( in my experience I would always dead draw it and I ran 1 extra lightsworn than you.)
+ 1 Book of Moon (I thinks its stellar this format.)

As far as plagues go I found that I dead drew them alot, if you want to run a tuner I would suggest debris as you can get trooper and mill 3 as a cost and then black rose the field, also you can make Trident Dragion with pulsar, all of this is player preference of course. Other than that it looks good. I do want to try a Tour bus out to recycle my BLS.
Heatfireash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Necromancer15
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatfireash View Post
I would suggest

- 1 Solar Recharge ( in my experience I would always dead draw it and I ran 1 extra lightsworn than you.)

As far as plagues go I found that I dead drew them alot, if you want to run a tuner I would suggest debris as you can get trooper and mill 3 as a cost and then black rose the field, also you can make Trident Dragion with pulsar, all of this is player preference of course. Other than that it looks good. I do want to try a Tour bus out to recycle my BLS.
Tour bus seems lackluster imo.

But i do agree with the book/recharge move and the plagues being dead.

Debris is interesting; not sure on it though.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
Seabass194

Seabass194 is on a distinguished road

I've seen a lot of Debris around lately. In my experiences, I just like Plague. Haven't dead drew him much, and Debris can be dead drawn just as easily. I just like how plague can make literally anything. Plus he is a dark. Although Trident Dragion is fun to use. Just player preference I guess.
Seabass194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #12
Necromancer15
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass194 View Post
I've seen a lot of Debris around lately. In my experiences, I just like Plague. Haven't dead drew him much, and Debris can be dead drawn just as easily. I just like how plague can make literally anything. Plus he is a dark. Although Trident Dragion is fun to use. Just player preference I guess.
If there were still level 6 synchros like goyo and brio, you could go mill plague via lyla, topdeck a card and sync for one of those. Than plague would be a lot better.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
It is; but I have seen builds that run just the 2 TGU.

You could just cut to 2 recharge though.
It's something I will have to try.

Quote:
Deck looks pretty good. I'd suggest trying to fit in two Plaguespreader Zombies with some synchros in the extra such as Crimson Blader, Black Rose Dragon or Scrap Dragon. The deck mills a lot, so plague goes in the grave easy. He's reuseable and compatible with Lightpulsar and Darkflare. I'd maybe cut some rank 4's. With only Eclipse Wyvern and Lyla, it's hard to exceed with because Honest will probably be used. And yes, add a Book of Moon.
You really don't want to Synchro in this deck at all. The deck can go into Rank 4 when it has to and all the Rank 4's are basically staple for this deck. I tried the Synchro version with Plaguespreader Zombie or Debris Dragon and it was lackluster. Black Rose Dragon, Iron Chain Dragon, HTS Psyhemuth, Scrap Dragon, and Crimson Blader all aren't worth running in Chaos Dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatfireash View Post
I would suggest

We have M7 and Monster Reincarnation for that.

Quote:
Tour bus seems lackluster imo.

But i do agree with the book/recharge move and the plagues being dead.

Debris is interesting; not sure on it though.
I agree about Debris Dragon.

Quote:
Plaguespreader isn't that great with Lightpulsar Dragon. All it does is get you a level 8 Synchro. Remember if you Synchro with Lightpulsar Dragon, you will not get Lightpulsar's effect because it wasn't destroyed.

Quote:
If there were still level 6 synchros like goyo and brio, you could go mill plague via lyla, topdeck a card and sync for one of those. Than plague would be a lot better.
We only have HTS Psyhemuth, Iron Chain Dragon, and Gaia right now. Brio will never comeback because of Mermails.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
DragonDudeX
Pojo Veteran

DragonDudeX is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's something I will have to try.

You really don't want to Synchro in this deck at all. The deck can go into Rank 4 when it has to and all the Rank 4's are basically staple for this deck. I tried the Synchro version with Plaguespreader Zombie or Debris Dragon and it was lackluster. Black Rose Dragon, Iron Chain Dragon, HTS Psyhemuth, Scrap Dragon, and Crimson Blader all aren't worth running in Chaos Dragons.

We have M7 and Monster Reincarnation for that.

I agree about Debris Dragon.

Plaguespreader isn't that great with Lightpulsar Dragon. All it does is get you a level 8 Synchro. Remember if you Synchro with Lightpulsar Dragon, you will not get Lightpulsar's effect because it wasn't destroyed.

We only have HTS Psyhemuth, Iron Chain Dragon, and Gaia right now. Brio will never comeback because of Mermails.
Plaguespreader Zombie is really good in Chaos Dragons, its a reliable tuner that gets you strong plays with the Synchro monsters. Sure you don't have to focus on the synchro summoning but its good to be able to summon Scrap Dragon and Black Rose Dragon. Those two are worth it. I think Psyhemuth is good too.

With Lightpulsar Dragon, you are not always going to have a target in the grave to get to utilize its effect so what happens when you don't have REDMD/Darkflare in the grave? Lets' say you have Pulsar and Zombie in hand with no REDMD in grave, why not tune them to play Scrap Dragon since at that point Pulsar is only a beatstick anyway. Scrap Dragon takes care of problematic cards you want gone. He also combos nicely with Pulsar and REDMD for the loop.
DragonDudeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink

Ender Wiggin is on a distinguished road

September 2013

>Runs Darkflare, Ryko, Recharge, Reincarnation, 3 MST 2 Lance

Step into my office old friend.
It's been fun. But this game has gotten to autoplay and boring to waste the little free time I have at the moment. Thank you all for putting up with me and giving me a great time these past few years. If you need me HMO on Smogon or AppInvasion.
Ender Wiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
DragonDudeX
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow Time View Post
September 2013

Not everyone has to run your style dude, why is it that i'm yet to see the 6-Axis style deck profile on youtube? Im starting to think its a pojo only style, and people can play different styles other than 6-Axis. Ryko gives the deck more milling speed when you face Mermails and Fire Fist just side it out its that simple. Why wouldn't you need MST and Lance? What?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDudeX View Post
Not everyone has to run your style dude, why is it that i'm yet to see the 6-Axis style deck profile on youtube? Im starting to think its a pojo only style, and people can play different styles other than 6-Axis. Ryko gives the deck more milling speed when you face Mermails and Fire Fist just side it out its that simple. Why wouldn't you need MST and Lance? What?
That only reason it's not on youtube is simply mom won't let me.

3 Lyla 3 MST 2 Lance is sorta overkill for backrow.

Majority of the community agrees 6-Axis is better and Dueling network forums runs a similar version to it.

Ryko sucks against > 50% of the meta. That's to much for me.
It's been fun. But this game has gotten to autoplay and boring to waste the little free time I have at the moment. Thank you all for putting up with me and giving me a great time these past few years. If you need me HMO on Smogon or AppInvasion.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
Plaguespreader Zombie is really good in Chaos Dragons, its a reliable tuner that gets you strong plays with the Synchro monsters. Sure you don't have to focus on the synchro summoning but its good to be able to summon Scrap Dragon and Black Rose Dragon. Those two are worth it. I think Psyhemuth is good too.

With Lightpulsar Dragon, you are not always going to have a target in the grave to get to utilize its effect so what happens when you don't have REDMD/Darkflare in the grave? Lets' say you have Pulsar and Zombie in hand with no REDMD in grave, why not tune them to play Scrap Dragon since at that point Pulsar is only a beatstick anyway. Scrap Dragon takes care of problematic cards you want gone. He also combos nicely with Pulsar and REDMD for the loop.
I rather not Synchro though. That is what people aren't getting. Actually depending on locals, Crimson Blader is more important than Scrap Dragon.

Quote:
September 2013

I hate to say this, old friend. But I tried your build and I hated it. It made want to puke when I was playing it.

Last edited by MeddlingMage : 09-19-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
DragonDudeX
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
That only reason it's not on youtube is simply mom won't let me.

3 Lyla 3 MST 2 Lance is sorta overkill for backrow.

Majority of the community agrees 6-Axis is better and Dueling network forums runs a similar version to it.

Ryko sucks against > 50% of the meta. That's to much for me.
You can't only rely on Lyla, as its an effect monster and those can be negated its a great card but it needs back up for effect negations. So whether it be Lance or MST one of them are most definately needed.

Ryko doesn't suck at all, it won me lots of games and is a good lightsworn to go along Lyla. Chaos Dragons was designed to mill fast for the big monster plays. When running Ryko, Solar Recharge is necessary, why take away the speed and mills when this deck was designed as such? The only card I agree with is the Reincarnation and that should go.

Sneak then, post it on youtube if you believe in this style so much, surely you can find ways to get it on youtube. The Lightsworn/Twilight builds make good use of milling and so can Chaos Dragons since that's what its supposed to do.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink

My morality level is to high to do such a thing.

Summon Lyla they play fiendish/BTH/torrential/solemn etc. It still cleared a card.

"Ryko won me lots of games" I can say not having Ryko won me lots of games. That kind of none factual arguments is unarguable and therefore not an argument.

Chaos dragons like milling yes, but 3 Lyla 1 charge 2 trooper has been proven to be enough. Also what I said is a fact. More than 50% of the meta laughs at Ryko that's a fact. That's way to high for me to use.

This is not an OTK deck 8 (counting Ryko 11) Almost or more than 1/4 of this deck counters spells and traps. That's absurdly high any not needed.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #21
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
My morality level is to high to do such a thing.

Summon Lyla they play fiendish/BTH/torrential/solemn etc. It still cleared a card.

"Ryko won me lots of games" I can say not having Ryko won me lots of games. That kind of none factual arguments is unarguable and therefore not an argument.

Chaos dragons like milling yes, but 3 Lyla 1 charge 2 trooper has been proven to be enough. Also what I said is a fact. More than 50% of the meta laughs at Ryko that's a fact. That's way to high for me to use.

This is not an OTK deck 8 (counting Ryko 11) Almost or more than 1/4 of this deck counters spells and traps. That's absurdly high any not needed.
If I wanted to run something that ran Destiny Hero - Malicious and Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit along with Hieratic Seal of Convocation and still have Chaos feel, I would run Destiny Hieratic.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink

Quote:
If I wanted to run something that ran Destiny Hero - Malicious and Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit along with Hieratic Seal of Convocation and still have Chaos feel, I would run Destiny Hieratic.

Which would be the equivalent of Chaos Dragons with a bigger hieratic engine.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:

Which would be the equivalent of Chaos Dragons with a bigger hieratic engine.
It would be a little more consistent than your deck. That's the main problem I've had with your deck even back when I brought this deck back in March of 2013, which you rubbed your deck in my face back then too.

I've tried your deck. It felt inconsistent to me. There I've said it and now I'm done talking about it on this thread.

Additional Comment:

Bump for the day.

Last edited by MeddlingMage : 09-26-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
DragonDudeX
Pojo Veteran

Which do you like more Chaos Dragons or Blue-Eyed Chaos? I like them both but I can't figure which to use as my main deck. What's your opinion on the matter?
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #25
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!

Quote:
Which do you like more Chaos Dragons or Blue-Eyed Chaos? I like them both but I can't figure which to use as my main deck. What's your opinion on the matter?
I kinda like this one more because it is the original Chaos Dragon deck and it is still an amazing deck.