Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Xscythe
Registered User
 
Xscythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 486
iTrader: 0
Xscythe is on a distinguished road
Talking September 2013 Lightsworn deck

http://i.imgur.com/ZoF7RWP.png

Lightsworns have always been used in different builds, you saw Necro Gardna, Chaos Sorcerer, black luster soldier which in my opinion made the deck inconsistent. I've decided to put my build towards not the inconsistent cards like Black luster soldier, Chaos Sorcerer and Necro Gardna's.

While I do agree Bls, Chaos Sorcerer are power house cards that are over powered, they do not go in a lightsworn deck, you will have to run cards like Necro Gardna, which will be banished when your opponent attacks if you are playing the deck right. Basically if you draw these cards without something like a light/dark in the graveyard you will pretty much of the time lose.

I also decided to not go with the Bls build because why would i want to banish lightsworn for my cards like lumina, and Judgement Dragon?

I do need some thoughts on the build, I do think Breakthough skill is a good card in theory, but I would rather have cards like Beckoning Light because I will be milling a lot. Can I get some suggestions though?
Xscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
darksharingan
Just Got Here
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0
darksharingan is on a distinguished road
Default

I am curious as to why you have 2 Gorz, is this for OCG format? I'm going to throw out some suggestions but its mostly TCG format. Some things that I would suggest doing is the following:

-1 Gorz
-1 ROTA
-2 Maxx C
-1 Ryko

+1 Wulf
+2 Monster Reincarnation
+1 or 2 Beckoning Light
+1 or 2 Forbidden Lance?

I run a pure Lightsworn build with the teched in Sephylon, BLS and Lightray Daedalus because they are pretty easy to bring out. Yes BLS has that banish light/dark but it's a handy card for gaming opponents that aren't expecting it. But if you are not going to use BLS, I would suggest looking at the Lightray cards. They are pretty good in itself and only need lights in grave to special summon. Gearfried and Diabolos require the different name but need 5+ lights. Daedalus only needs 4 lights, no different name required. just some thoughts that come into mind. Hope it helps.
darksharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
Glad4pie
Archlord Kristya
 
Glad4pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,757
iTrader: 0
Glad4pie is on a distinguished road
Default

If your running celestia/pure you definetely should consider either or both Beckoning Light and threatening roar
__________________

Sig by NexusShiker
Trooper Agents|Archfiend Agents |T.G. Agents

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Albert Einstein
Where there is love there is life. -Indira Gandhi
Glad4pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

I have found this deck to be the most consistent Lightsworn/twilight deck in the March 2013 format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChT1...35uA& index=1


Twilight main deck:

3x JD
1x BLS
1x Gorz
2x Trag
1x DAD
3x lumina
2x lyla
1x jain
1x ehren
1x garoth
1x ryko
1x celestiah
1x Cardcar D
1x honest
3x Necro Gardna
1x maxx C
1x Card Trooper
1x Phantom of Chaos


3x Solar Recharge
1x charge of the lightbrigade
2x Pot of Duality
1x Allure of Darkness
1x rota
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Monster Reincarnation

3x Threatening Roar

side deck:
2x bottomless
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x ryko
1x Malevolent Catastrophe
1x Foolish Burial
1x breaker
2x maxx c
2x torrential
3x mst

Obviously, with these cards you can do a lot of swapping. He stated that MST went in almost every game... same with a second Maxx C and ryko, so it's all pretty situational.

I run a similar deck with one less trag and one more ryko.

But overall, I have found this deck to be most consistent. You can make small changes to it and it stays pretty consistent. With these darks and certain cards, such as allure and Foolish Burial, you have a lot of graveyard control so getting out DAD is pretty consistent. Wulf is the most inconsistent LS. I would highly recommend not running with Wulf.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
hrvatskolypse
Serenity of Gusto
 
hrvatskolypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
iTrader: 19 (100%)
hrvatskolypse is on a distinguished road
Default

Needs Lightrays and The Seal of Orichalcos. You can find my Lightsworn build in my sig.
__________________

Favorite decks:
Burning Abyss | Madolche | Zielgigas

The Filthy Casual Code
RC-1 and PC-1 Certified KDE Judge

DN: CaamSerenityOfGusto
Dueling Network In-Game Administrator
hrvatskolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvatskolypse View Post
Needs Lightrays and The Seal of Orichalcos. You can find my Lightsworn build in my sig.
Lightray's and The Seal of Orichalcos are both very inconsistent. I have tested them both out in many versatile occasions and if you are looking for consistency I would strongly recommend against it.

Along with your build, I would also strongly recommend not using Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord.

Although this card is a 4000 beater, it is also very inconsistent.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #7
Glad4pie
Archlord Kristya
 
Glad4pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,757
iTrader: 0
Glad4pie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
Lightray's and The Seal of Orichalcos are both very inconsistent. I have tested them both out in many versatile occasions and if you are looking for consistency I would strongly recommend against it.

Along with your build, I would also strongly recommend not using Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord.

Although this card is a 4000 beater, it is also very inconsistent.
I'm going to lean with this ONLY because I prefer consistency > power any day. I acknowledge other people like sacrificing consistency for explosiveness, I, along with as i think him, like consistency
__________________

Sig by NexusShiker
Trooper Agents|Archfiend Agents |T.G. Agents

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Albert Einstein
Where there is love there is life. -Indira Gandhi
Glad4pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #8
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is my version of the September 2013 lightsworn/twilight deck, which I believe is very consistent.

Main deck: 41

Monsters: 25
1x BLS
1x DAD
3x JD
1x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
1x Honest
1x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Card Trooper
1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
3x Necro Gardna
3x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1x Tragoedia
1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
2x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1x Phantom of Chaos
1x Cardcar D

Spell: 13
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Monster Reincarnation
3x Pot of Duality
1x ROTA
3x Solar Recharge
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Allure of Darkness

Traps: 3
3x Threatening Roar

Side Deck:
3x Maxx "C"
3x Effect Veiler
1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Tragoedia
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Cardcar D
1x Royal Decree
1x Card Trooper

Extra deck is pretty staple...

For second games or third games, I usually sub in Maxx "C"s, effect veilers, or Royal Decree as well as Cardcar D's, and sometimes I will put in the other ryko, but it is all situational. I have found this deck to be the most consistent for me this format.

Since this deck relies 100% on milling to succeed, this deck depends on luck. If you are lucky you will throw down the JD bomb early. If not, you will rely heavily on Extra deck and your dark monsters. It is very easy to summon DAD, and DAD is more consistent than Chaos Sorcerer, in my opinion.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Glad4pie
Archlord Kristya
 
Glad4pie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,757
iTrader: 0
Glad4pie is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
Here is my version of the September 2013 lightsworn/twilight deck, which I believe is very consistent.

Main deck: 41

Monsters: 25
1x BLS
1x DAD
3x JD
1x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
1x Honest
1x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Card Trooper
1x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
3x Necro Gardna
3x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1x Tragoedia
1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
2x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1x Phantom of Chaos
1x Cardcar D

Spell: 13
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
1x Monster Reincarnation
3x Pot of Duality
1x ROTA
3x Solar Recharge
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Allure of Darkness

Traps: 3
3x Threatening Roar

Side Deck:
3x Maxx "C"
3x Effect Veiler
1x Breaker the Magical Warrior
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1x Tragoedia
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Cardcar D
1x Royal Decree
1x Card Trooper

Extra deck is pretty staple...

For second games or third games, I usually sub in Maxx "C"s, effect veilers, or Royal Decree as well as Cardcar D's, and sometimes I will put in the other ryko, but it is all situational. I have found this deck to be the most consistent for me this format.

Since this deck relies 100% on milling to succeed, this deck depends on luck. If you are lucky you will throw down the JD bomb early. If not, you will rely heavily on Extra deck and your dark monsters. It is very easy to summon DAD, and DAD is more consistent than Chaos Sorcerer, in my opinion.
This looks a crapload like that utube guy, whats his name, Jwakid? Looks good well cause yeah no suggestions here
__________________

Sig by NexusShiker
Trooper Agents|Archfiend Agents |T.G. Agents

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Albert Einstein
Where there is love there is life. -Indira Gandhi
Glad4pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #10
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad4pie View Post
This looks a crapload like that utube guy, whats his name, Jwakid? Looks good well cause yeah no suggestions here
It's similar to his because he's got it down.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #11
KalebNeos
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 19
iTrader: 0
KalebNeos is on a distinguished road
Default

lord aurkus is bad just straight bad http://i.imgur.com/aqvM1B8.png works well for me and thats what i suggest
KalebNeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
hrvatskolypse
Serenity of Gusto
 
hrvatskolypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
iTrader: 19 (100%)
hrvatskolypse is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
Lightray's and The Seal of Orichalcos are both very inconsistent. I have tested them both out in many versatile occasions and if you are looking for consistency I would strongly recommend against it.

Along with your build, I would also strongly recommend not using Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord.

Although this card is a 4000 beater, it is also very inconsistent.
Pure Lightsworns as an archetype are inconsistent, I knew that even before starting down this path. Any deck that mills random cards is going to be inconsistent. That's why cards like Solar Recharge and COTLB exist, to make it so at least you control what gets sent to the grave or added to your hand. What they lack in consistency they make up for in power. I appreciate your advice, but no amount of recommendations is going to make me change my deck's style, I've invested too much into it.

By your logic, Sam players should not play Gateway of the Six, since it is inconsistent to draw into it.

Also, you could have at least posted this there, I need a bump
__________________

Favorite decks:
Burning Abyss | Madolche | Zielgigas

The Filthy Casual Code
RC-1 and PC-1 Certified KDE Judge

DN: CaamSerenityOfGusto
Dueling Network In-Game Administrator

Last edited by hrvatskolypse : 08-30-2013 at 05:11 AM.
hrvatskolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
DropDead
Grapha's Lover
 
DropDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: At The Gates of Dark World.
Posts: 683
iTrader: 0
DropDead is on a distinguished road
Default

Gorz is at 1. :3
DropDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvatskolypse View Post
Pure Lightsworns as an archetype are inconsistent, I knew that even before starting down this path. Any deck that mills random cards is going to be inconsistent. That's why cards like Solar Recharge and COTLB exist, to make it so at least you control what gets sent to the grave or added to your hand. What they lack in consistency they make up for in power. I appreciate your advice, but no amount of recommendations is going to make me change my deck's style, I've invested too much into it.

By your logic, Sam players should not play Gateway of the Six, since it is inconsistent to draw into it.

Also, you could have at least posted this there, I need a bump

I don't think you understand what inconsistency is. Inconsistency is not being able to mill. Milling is all luck. Being able to mill is consistency and with the deck you're running I guarantee if you're playing anyone who knows how to play, they are going to try and stop your milling from turn one. Which means no lightrays, no sephyion, no JD. Just dead draws.

If you want me to give you specific advise about your deck, I can. But it will be about completely revamping your deck type since you probably have milling issues against any fast paced deck.

Last edited by swavay : 08-30-2013 at 02:51 PM.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
hrvatskolypse
Serenity of Gusto
 
hrvatskolypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
iTrader: 19 (100%)
hrvatskolypse is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
I don't think you understand what inconsistency is. Inconsistency is not being able to mill. Milling is all luck. Being able to mill is consistency and with the deck you're running I guarantee if you're playing anyone who knows how to play, they are going to try and stop your milling from turn one. Which means no lightrays, no sephyion, no JD. Just dead draws.

If you want me to give you specific advice about your deck, I can. But it will be about completely revamping your deck type since you probably have milling issues against any fast paced deck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
try and stop
How many decks can do that, aside from generic control cards and Skill Drain?

That definition of inconsistency only applies to Lightsworns. To Yu-Gi-Oh! as a whole, inconsistency means not being able to perform the combos required to win. At its core, inconsistency is the inability to win consistently.

Have you tried it out? Honestly I've already taken out a lot of the good milling cards for techs. I was originally running triples of Jain and Garoth, they made filling the grave so much easier. Don't be so quick to judge, try it out for yourself.
__________________

Favorite decks:
Burning Abyss | Madolche | Zielgigas

The Filthy Casual Code
RC-1 and PC-1 Certified KDE Judge

DN: CaamSerenityOfGusto
Dueling Network In-Game Administrator

Last edited by hrvatskolypse : 08-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.
hrvatskolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvatskolypse View Post
How many decks can do that, aside from generic control cards and Skill Drain?

That definition of inconsistency only applies to Lightsworns. To Yu-Gi-Oh! as a whole, inconsistency means not being able to perform the combos required to win. At its core, inconsistency is the inability to win consistently.

Have you tried it out? Honestly I've already taken out a lot of the good milling cards for techs. I was originally running triples of Jain and Garoth, they made filling the grave so much easier. Don't be so quick to judge, try it out for yourself.
I have tried your variant out and found it to be inconsistent. I've tried lightrays, seal, and sephyion as well as other variants and they're just not consistent.

It's pointless arguing with you on this. I'm trying to help you build a better deck, but it's your deck, so you can do what you please.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
hrvatskolypse
Serenity of Gusto
 
hrvatskolypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
iTrader: 19 (100%)
hrvatskolypse is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swavay View Post
I have tried your variant out and found it to be inconsistent. I've tried lightrays, seal, and sephyion as well as other variants and they're just not consistent.

It's pointless arguing with you on this. I'm trying to help you build a better deck, but it's your deck, so you can do what you please.
I know what you're trying to say, and I understand I seem a bit bull-headed on this, sorry. I can't really ask you to do something without doing it in Return, so I'll give your build a go. One thing I see already though is that instead of Monster Reincarnation you should run Herald of Creation, which turns your -1 into a +0 1800 beater. Look into Eclipse Wyvern too, it will search your JDs and DAD. I also find it hard to believe that your deck can have more "consistent" mills with only 25 monsters.
__________________

Favorite decks:
Burning Abyss | Madolche | Zielgigas

The Filthy Casual Code
RC-1 and PC-1 Certified KDE Judge

DN: CaamSerenityOfGusto
Dueling Network In-Game Administrator

Last edited by hrvatskolypse : 08-30-2013 at 08:34 PM.
hrvatskolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
swavay
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0
swavay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvatskolypse View Post
I know what you're trying to say, and I understand I seem a bit bull-headed on this, sorry. I can't really ask you to do something without doing it in Return, so I'll give your build a go. One thing I see already though is that instead of Monster Reincarnation you should run Herald of Creation, which turns your -1 into a +0 1800 beater. Look into Eclipse Wyvern too, it will search your JDs and DAD. I also find it hard to believe that your deck can have more "consistent" mills with only 25 monsters.
When you use Herald of Creation, you can only target a few monsters. You're assuming I only use Monster Reincarnation for JD, BLS, or DAD, but Monster Reincarnation is a situational card... I have used it to bring back honest, Phantom of Chaos, as well as many other monsters that are not level 7. Monster Reincarnation is more open to different situations where Herald of Creation forces you to take a level 7... And it's abilities can be negated easily. Bottomless, compulse, fiendish, etc... Even though it's a -1 and not a +0, Monster Reincarnation is more situational and offers me a better solution than herald. That's why I take Monster Reincarnation over herald.


For eclipse, you've only got three monsters that can get back whatever I have banished for eclipse... BLS, DAD, and CS... Some games I don't run CS so that leaves two. I tried it and I just don't like it in a twilight deck. I feel as though it's been inconsistent when I have used it, because it takes too long to get out the boss monster I've banished for it. But that's my opinion on the topic.

Like I've stated earlier and many times over, this variant is the one I have found to be most consistent for me, testing it at many locals. With spell cards that consistently let me obtain these 25 monsters, I'm always getting my boss monsters out fast and Lightsworns in the grave even faster. Usually by turn four, I have four to five different lightsworns in the grave or in my hand waiting to be sent to the grave.
swavay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Crucify
Sunsinger <3
 
Crucify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 19
Posts: 13,130
iTrader: 0
Crucify will become famous soon enough
Default

I honestly believe that all pure Lightsworn decks nowadays need triple Beckoning Light.
Crucify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
miesterteehee
Just Got Here
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0
miesterteehee is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

What is dad sorry i don't know alll the shortened names
miesterteehee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
MachineMadness
Head of the Pack!
 
MachineMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chillin in California, Baby!
Posts: 5,245
iTrader: 23 (100%)
MachineMadness is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesterteehee View Post
What is dad sorry i don't know alll the shortened names
DAD is Dark Armed Dragon
Where is BLS, Chaos Sorc, and Necro Gardna?
If you want to go with a twilight build, then you need those. If you want a straight-up lightsworn deck, then I suggest the lightray monsters. They are pretty much extra JDs that can use any light monsters (including cards like Veiler)
__________________
BACK FOR TRADING!
Best Deck of the Format
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssDuelist View Post
Anyways, am I the only one who upon first glance and sight of the use of Shaddolls thinks they are really bad? So far I see nothing special about them.
He's a pro ^

Last edited by MachineMadness : 09-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.
MachineMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #22
velud001
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0
velud001 is on a distinguished road
Default Uhh

Do you think Dark Hole would be good in a Lightsworn and/or chaos deck? I have some flaws against good effect cards like monarchs....I have 2 efffect veilers but I hardly get them in a duel. Im thinkin of taking out a Dark Hole for an Effect Veiler...it can really save your ass.
velud001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.