Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
drifter265
Just Got Here

drifter265 is on a distinguished road
Default Amazoness Deck 2013

I just started this deck and I've been playing it on the dueling network and it seems to do alright but I feel it could be better. Any suggestions on if I should add or subtract cards from it, though, would be much appreciated, especially since it would be coming from people who are much more experienced in deck-making than me.

MONSTERS (19)

3x Amazoness Paladin
3x Amazoness Sage
3x Amazoness Swords Woman
2x Amazoness Queen
2x Amazoness Tiger
2x Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
1x Amazoness Fighter
1x Amazoness Trainee
1x D.D. Warrior Lady
1x Marauding Captain

SPELLS (15)

2x Amazoness Heirloom
2x Amazoness Village
2x Forbidden Lance
2x United We Stand
1x Amazoness Fighting Spirit
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Mage Power
1x Monster Reborn
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Sword of Dragon's Soul

TRAPS (6)

1x Amazoness Archers
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Dramatic Rescue
1x Mirror Force
1x Royal Decree
1x Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

Just to give you an idea of what has been most helpful and what hasn't: Amazoness Paladin, Amazoness Sage, Amazoness Swords Woman, and D.D. Warrior Lady, have all been, without a doubt, the most helpful monsters. The rest, I think, could be replaced by something better as they just don't help as much as the first four do. I feel like my deck wouldn't suffer if I took them out, except for maybe Warrior Lady of the Wasteland. Any suggestions for making my monsters in this deck more solid would be great.

In the magic spell arena, I feel the most useless cards are Amazoness Fighting Spirit, Mage Power, Reinforcement of the Army, and Sword of Dragon's Soul. I feel like they could be replaced by something much better like maybe another United We Stand, Amazoness Heirloom, or Forbidden Lance as those cards are most helpful. Again, I'm not really an expert in this and don't know a lot about deck making and so any advice here would be great, too.

For the trap cards, I rarely am using Amazoness Archers or Dramatic Rescue and I feel I could replace them with something that's more helpful and more effective and more frequent; like Magic Cylinder or Shadow Spell. Also, Queen's Pawn is worth considering. About Royal Decree, I don't know if I've ever been saved by this card and I'm definitely not ever glad I draw it so I think it has to go, too, and be replaced.

So, overall:
- I think I should use less but more potent monsters
- More spell cards that can help with the amazoness'
- and more direct and effective trap cards

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by drifter265 : 08-18-2013 at 07:47 PM.
drifter265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
theDman777
The Fool

theDman777 is on a distinguished road

Swap the Tigers for 2 Solidaritys. Try getting rid of the Dragon sword for a 3rd village. Replace Rescue and Archers with 2 Queen's Pawns. Also, get rid of fighter and captain for 2 Terraformings. Lastly, get rid of both of the queens for some Photon Thrashers. Hope this helps!
ROW ROW FIGHT DA MERMAIL

Last edited by theDman777 : 08-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
theDman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
moup94

moup94 is on a distinguished road

The Immortal Bushi allows itself to be special summoned from the graveyard during your standby phase if you control no monsters. But he can only be tributed for a warrior-type monster(which shouldn't be a problem since I only see Amazoness Queen.) An easy way to get him to the graveyard is to summon Armageddon Knight, who can let you send 1 Dark monster from your deck to the graveyard. Also if you take out Amazoness Tiger you can add Solidarity and take out some of those equip cards. Especially since you can easily get a warrior to the graveyard with Armageddon Knight + Bushi combo. Also Bushi into Amazoness Queen is good too. I just wish he wasn't a 3 star monster because he could've been great for rank 4 XYZ summons.
moup94 is offline   Reply With Quote