Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

Default 4-Axis Fire Fist

Here is my 4-Axis Fire Fist Deck. Yes, I have made many Decks of late, and this is yet another. Im making a diverse selection of Decks, so that I can have a variety for locals. But this or 3-Axis is going to be my debut on the Regional scene. As always, be civil and nice. Its not too much to ask people lol

3 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
3 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Dragon
3 Effect Veiler
2 Coach Soldier Wolfbark
2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Boar
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Caribou
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Gorilla

3 Forbidden Lance
2 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Fire Formation - Gyokkou
2 Fire Formation - Tensu
2 Fire Formation - Yoko
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Circle of the Fire Kings

3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Fire Formation - Tenken
2 Fire Formation - Tensen
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment

2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Cardinal
2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King
2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Kirin
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Number 16:Shock Master
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Abyss Dweller
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Crimson Blader

3 Maxx "C"
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Soul Drain
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Chaos Hunter
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1 Chain Disappearance

Trimmed the Fat Trade Thread

Last edited by A_True_Hero : 08-20-2013 at 03:54 PM.
A_True_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

Here's what I'd do:

-1 Boar
-1 Caribou
-1 Forbidden Lance
-1 Circle of the Fire Kings
-1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
-2 Kirin

+1 Wolfbark
+1 Gorilla
+2 Maxx "C"
+1 Book of Moon
+1 Cardinal
+1 Tiger King

At least to start.
Aurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

Reasons????

Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #4
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_True_Hero View Post
Reasons????
The only decent synchro that's available through Boar is Crimson Blader, so I'd only keep x1 Boar and x1 Blader. I don't run tuners/synchros at all in my build. Caribou's just bad overall, and the combo with Circle's inconsistent. Gorilla, Dragon, and Bear make +1's a lot more easily. Maxx "C" is always a decent card to mainboard, and 4-Axis has room for it because we don't need that many monsters.

Forbidden Lance vs. Tenken's a bit more contentious. I'd keep the total number at four; either x3 Lance and x1 Tenken or two of each. Either that, or you can keep Lance at x3, take out all of your Tenken's, and put Tensen at x3. Objectively speaking, Lance is a lot better than Tenken, but dear Lord do I love my Dragon spam. You just have to decide what you want: speed and S/T protection (x3 Lance, x3 Tenken), Dragon spam (x2 Lance, x2 Tensen, x2 Tenken), or a middle-ground (x3 Lance, x1 Tenken, x2 Tensen).

Book of Moon is staple in any control deck, and Cardinal has to be run at x3, no question. That's our game changer; total field and graveyard control, as well as Formation recycling. I guess if you don't want/need Maxx "C", you can keep Lance and CED at x3, but you should definitely go with the other changes.

I hope that this helps.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

I personally like Kirin, its effect locks my opponent out of attacking, and unless they can use an effect to get rid of him (hence the Tenken) they can't really do much. I can try and fit Book of Moon in, but I dont know about 3 Cardinal. Its so damn expensive right now and Ive tossed so much money for Yamatos, Wolfbarks and now a Rooster...So I dont think I can afford another

Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
alexhyun777

i think 2 cardinal is fine...

never needed a 3rd and at most i only bring it out once per game.

if wolfbark could go into cardinal, that would be a different story but alas it wasn't meant to be

also i would take out caribou and circle. makes for inconsistent hands and circle really only combos with caribou. that's just my take unless you really like circle as a pseudo lance.

also how's 2 kirin been working out? I've reduced by kirin count to 1 and i might even take him out for a 2nd crimson or another xyz. i haven't had a good opportunity to bring him out. is he working well for you?
alexhyun777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #7
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

He works really well for me. I can sit behind him and build up my resources, while my opponent generally has a hard time getting around him. Ive been testing Circle and I do like it sometimes for the extra damage

Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
TrollingCat

OMFG 59,579 posts
TrollingCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #9
RaiXUchiha
Madolche King

Hey Hero take a look at my 4-axis?
Old 08-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
GamerCub

I actually like the idea of tenken being used to protect Kirin....mad I didnt think of it on my own lol. Will place a couple in and try it out
GamerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
Soul
3edgy5u

Build looks solid Hero. Ours are almost the exact same xD

Credit to NexusShiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Essentially, attacking into crane is bringing a knife to a gunfight.
Attacking into honest is receiving surprise buttsecks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucify View Post
Please teabag a Bear trap.

DN/DevPro: TehSwarmz
Soul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
I personally like Kirin, its effect locks my opponent out of attacking, and unless they can use an effect to get rid of him (hence the Tenken) they can't really do much. I can try and fit Book of Moon in, but I dont know about 3 Cardinal. Its so damn expensive right now and Ive tossed so much money for Yamatos, Wolfbarks and now a Rooster...So I dont think I can afford another
The wallet... the enemy I never account for

I burn through x3 Cardinals quite frequently in tougher match-ups, but you could go with x2 if you use Cardinal to recycle itself, or just play a bit more slowly that I do

And just so you know, if the leaked ban list is reliable, Rooster's going to be limited right out of the gate, so don't drop any money on more than one.

On a fundamental level, I like keeping non-handtrap monster count in 4-Axis as low as possible. With Wolfbark, Dragon, and Cardinal, we toolbox out of the graveyard like friggin' madmen.

Last edited by Aurelio : 08-13-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
UltimaFortuna
Path of a War god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingCat View Post
OMFG 59,579 posts
And he still can't build a meta deck. GG Pojo.
Top 8 Oceanics WCQ 2014 with Bujins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Kozak View Post
OCG is more dynamic and tends to fap to high power levels.
TCG is more skill-based and tends to be of low power levels.
UltimaFortuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #14
Sarkhan Vol
Pojo Veteran

What does 4-Axis mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKagome View Post
I see nothing wrong with Dragon Rulers, it's just a stack of paper.
Sarkhan Vol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan Vol View Post
What does 4-Axis mean?
The way I hear it, "Axis" sounds like the Japanese word for "rank." When you call a deck "3-Axis," "4-Axis," "6-Axis," or whatever, it just means that the deck revolves around summoning Xyz monsters of that rank.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaFortuna View Post
And he still can't build a meta deck. GG Pojo.
Lol. Are you serious? Dont post on my stuff if youre just going to flame me.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingCat View Post
OMFG 59,579 posts
And your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiXUchiha View Post
Sure, give me a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerCub View Post
I actually like the idea of tenken being used to protect Kirin....mad I didnt think of it on my own lol. Will place a couple in and try it out
It makes it more difficult to get rid of Kirin. Backed by Veilers of course. I may add either 2 Breakthrough or 2 Fiendish and drop the Bottomless's

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Penn92 View Post
Build looks solid Hero. Ours are almost the exact same xD
Thank you J_Penn. I dont think 4-Axis builds will differ too much from each other. Mostly personal tech as differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelio View Post
The wallet... the enemy I never account for

I burn through x3 Cardinals quite frequently in tougher match-ups, but you could go with x2 if you use Cardinal to recycle itself, or just play a bit more slowly that I do

And just so you know, if the leaked ban list is reliable, Rooster's going to be limited right out of the gate, so don't drop any money on more than one.

On a fundamental level, I like keeping non-handtrap monster count in 4-Axis as low as possible. With Wolfbark, Dragon, and Cardinal, we toolbox out of the graveyard like friggin' madmen.
Im only planning on getting one, but keeping my eye on a second just in case. And yes, we go nuts with the GY. Thats why if Tensu goes to one, Im replacing the second in my build with a 3rd Wolfbark

Last edited by A_True_Hero : 08-13-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

I'd be pissed if they hit Tenki or Tensu. I haven't heard anything about that, though.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #18
TeamHuskyBull
Just Got Here

-2 tenken
-2 tensen

Make room for better back row man.
cardinal recycles your spells, so those searchable traps arent worth it tbh. i'd rather sit with warning in the back or Mirror Force.
TeamHuskyBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Soul
3edgy5u

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHuskyBull View Post
-2 tenken
-2 tensen

cardinal recycles your spells, so those searchable traps arent worth it tbh. i'd rather sit with warning in the back or Mirror Force.
I'd rather sit with something to make my Bear bigger than the monsters you have so I get a search when you run into me.

Credit to NexusShiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Protagonist View Post
Essentially, attacking into crane is bringing a knife to a gunfight.
Attacking into honest is receiving surprise buttsecks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucify View Post
Please teabag a Bear trap.

DN/DevPro: TehSwarmz
Soul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHuskyBull View Post
-2 tenken
-2 tensen

Im fighting the urge to go Troll mode on you good sir. You are suggesting I remove 4 searchable TNT? They not only fuel Bear/Gorrila/Dragon, but lets not forget that Tensen makes your opponent think if they dont have MST/Monster effect/big enough monster. And Tenken? You want me to remove the card that makes my Kirin invincible for a Phase? Sans Heavy Storm, a Tenken on a Kirin with a minimum of 2 other Fire Formations is enough to keep even the heaviest of hitters away. Lets not forget about Big Eye, Dragossack, Trishula (Yes, I have saved Kirin from Trish banishment and its saved me), BLS, Chaos Sorc( who will be, coincidentally, at 2), Infantry, opposing Bears, and much more. So I am curious as to your reasoning behind this suggestion, because if its just because youd rather sit on a Warning (which costs you) and a Mirror Force(which you have to wait for your opponent to facilitate) then Im afraid we have different ideas of what the deck is to accomplish.

Additional Comment:

Updated Decklist in OP

Last edited by A_True_Hero : 08-20-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

I'd still recommend the changes that I suggested the first time around (although you're right in that Maxx "C" probably won't be a good mainboard option this format):

-1 Boar
-1 Caribou
-1 Yoko
-1 Circle of the Fire Kings
-2 Tenken

+1 Wolfbark
+1 Gorilla
+1 Book of Moon
+1 Tensen
+2 Pot of Duality OR Torrential Tribute

I've come around to your way of thinking on Forbidden Lance, but you're already maxed out on them, so you shouldn't need Tenken. x3 Tensen should be plenty of FF traps. After much testing, I remain convinced that the Caribou + Circle combo isn't worth the trouble. Both cards only plus when used together, and even then, you'd have a more favorable field if you just straight-up summoned Wolfbark.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #22
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

I have a few issues with your suggestions:

1. 3 Wolfbark. I feel that its too cloggy and dead early game. When I hear that Tenki/Tensu may be hit, I tested 3 of them and hated it. I always seem to draw it too early, or when I cant use it/dont need to. 2 I fell is the optimal number.

2. Caribou. I will remove Circle, but I like having Caribou as a first turn wall. Also, if Boar goes off it can save me during the BP.

3. Yoko at 2 is too good. I have it when I need it, and can search it when I dont have it and need/want it

4. Tenken. If anything, Ill bump it to 1. I always like to have that option to pull it out when I summon Kirin.

5. 2nd Gorilla. Between Gyokkou pinning, Lance baiting, Tenken baiting, I dont need Gorilla. I will admit there are times I want him, but not enough to warrant the bump to 2.

6. PoD/TT. I dont know about this...Ive seen that people seem to like running PoD in here, but most turns I SS, sans T1. Hell, even T1 I SS sometimes.

Sorry if those seem short, Im a bit preoccupied lol

Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
Aurelio
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
I have a few issues with your suggestions:

1. 3 Wolfbark. I feel that its too cloggy and dead early game. When I hear that Tenki/Tensu may be hit, I tested 3 of them and hated it. I always seem to draw it too early, or when I cant use it/dont need to. 2 I fell is the optimal number.

2. Caribou. I will remove Circle, but I like having Caribou as a first turn wall. Also, if Boar goes off it can save me during the BP.

3. Yoko at 2 is too good. I have it when I need it, and can search it when I dont have it and need/want it

4. Tenken. If anything, Ill bump it to 1. I always like to have that option to pull it out when I summon Kirin.

5. 2nd Gorilla. Between Gyokkou pinning, Lance baiting, Tenken baiting, I dont need Gorilla. I will admit there are times I want him, but not enough to warrant the bump to 2.

6. PoD/TT. I dont know about this...Ive seen that people seem to like running PoD in here, but most turns I SS, sans T1. Hell, even T1 I SS sometimes.

Sorry if those seem short, Im a bit preoccupied lol
1. Of course Wolfbark clogs early game, but one-for-one Rank 4's are too good to not max out.

2. Dragon's a much better first turn play than Caribou, and it only takes one FF to make Dragon's ATK bigger than Caribou's DEF.

3. I'll admit that x1 vs. x2 Yoko is preference, and having two makes x3 Wolfbark even more live.

4. I have started using Boar myself for Crimson Blader because I've been going up against so many Mermail decks lately, but one of my favorite things about 4-Axis is that it doesn't rely on fielding bosses. I can recover from field-clears like few others, so I don't have to worry too much about protecting my heavy hitters (generally Tiger King and Cardinal). Boar's a meta-call for me, but you use it to actually build bosses. I guess that this is a philosophical difference.

5. Ignoring the fact that lots of painful S/T's hit the field face-up (Black Garden comes to mind), Gorilla tutors FF spells very easily. I'd never run it at less than x2 (or more, admittedly) in 4-Axis.

6. If you're going to keep your Boar at x2, I guess that PoD might not be a good idea. But I like keeping some non-targeting destruction effects in every control build I play.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
A_True_Hero
Pojo Veteran

You do raise a good point about Gorilla...Maybe I will bump him to 2. I will test it tomorrow at locals and see how I feel about it