Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Creepy00

Creepy00 is on a distinguished road
Default I placed top 4 with Battlin' Boxers at locals

Where should I start with this? Well, I m a big fan of tier 2 decks, maybe because I find them more fun to play with, are competitive to a degree, and are less expensive than tier 2 decks.

Just recently, I managed to pick up and get every card I needed to finish my battlin boxers deck I had been testing on DN. The build I was running last night at my locals was focus more on my meta * Prophecy, E-dragons, Evilswarms, Inzektors,etc. (Reason I main Vanity's Emptiness) and to a competitive point. The build, I run was exactly this:

http://i.imgur.com/gnn9oT4.png

Overall My record was 3-2 with every Match going to game 3; my only loses were against E-dragons players.

EvilSwarm ( 2-1)
Game 1:
He opens up, normal summon heliotriope and set 2 face downs. My turn,I heavy, summon headgeared and ditch counterpunch to graveyard. I though it was better for me to get rid of him as fast as possible. I end my turn. He goes into Rescue Rabbit and I veilered it. My turn, I atk him then sp summon switchitter to into lead yoke. He turn, sets 2 face downs and end turns. I atk him 2200. Then on his turn, activates The trap card that allows to trade a swarm for another another one, and searches madrigora (?) Sp summons her and then a Castor to go into Bahamut. Attempts to steal my lead yoke, and I effect veilered him. Game 1 to me .

Game 2:
What I remember about this game was that my opp had plays to counter me from xyz into lead yoke and lead yoke. He not only bounced him back with Outboros once (Yup of course) but took my 2nd lead yoke with behamut and even summon Ophion to get Pandemic in case I drew to my only out Dark Hole. He dominated me this game.

Game 3:
This game was the most fun I had in a while, It frequently went back and forward. Basically what It end up to (Sorry I dont recall early turns :/) was to me dealing my opp 6000 in my turn or lose against what he could ve topdeck. On he Last Turn he put me in 150 life points, while I only had on my field two lead yoke that werent enough to get over it. On my turn, I draw into head geared, ditch counter punch to my graveyard, then search with rota any fire warrior I didnt need to banish to sp summon blaster from graveyard who was sitting there for the very beginning. Sp summon Blaster, then atk his cowboy with it, then headgeared (-1000), lead yoke (-2200) and second lead yoke for 3200 dmg enough to the end the game, thx to counterpunch I send to graveyard with Headgeared. It was pretty close, but I thought it thoughtfully and kept my coolness

Darksworn (2-1)
Game 1: He opens rather slow and with no trap to keep in check, thru allowing me to swarm the field with 3x Lead yokes on the field. Even grapha didnt stood a chance against the might and all powerful lead yoke

Game 2: I open all traps all which didnt help at all. Also, I misplay during this game bad. All my opponent did was attack with lyla (most of the times) and xyz into zenmaines for game.

Game 3: Again like game one he opens slow, through allowing to freely do my plays with headgeared, switchitter, and chain. I swarm the field with 2 lead yoke plus counterpunch on grave for game. All he did was slowing down for one turn with torrential, but that was end.

Constellar (2-1)
Game 1: I open with headgeared, and ditch glass jaw to grave as I already had A switchitter and counter punch on hand... Later on my turn, I summon switch (I get Maxx c 'ed -_- ) and xyz into lead yoke. On his turn He searches with rota for Pollux, summons him and kaus to into pleadias of course. Sends my lead to graveyard and sit on it for game.
Game 2:
I open with my sided cards, thunder king and Rivalry of Warlords. I duality first, then summon T.K. and setting Ced and warning. On his turn he sets. My turn, I summon head geared ditch glassjaw counterpunch to grave then atk his face down. Later on his turn, he summons pollux to go into Omega, I negated with thunder king (Idk why he exactly did that) and then ends turn. I summon glassjaw and attack him 3000 k then xyz into lead yoke. later on his turn, he summons pollux, and I warning him, then he scoops for game 3.
Game 3:
Like game 2 I opened with my side cards, 2 T.K. and Rivalry of Warlords, but unlike game 2, I kept drawing answers for days. Turn one I summon T.K. and set rivalry and Torrential Tribute. On his turn he dark holes me. and searches with sharantan, and set one then ends turn. On my summon the 2nd T.K. attack his monster, end turn. sets and ends turn. My turn summon Heagered and I start my Set up for next turn Lead yoke, atk him for 1000. His turn summons pollux, normal summons algeides, then sp summons Kaus, I flipped Rivalry. Nothing much he could do from there. we kept stoling until I decided to push for game. I go into Ninja bladder (?) to attack twice as he life points was 4100 and he only one face down and face atk Kaus (Honest In hand probably). On Bp, I compulsed his Kaus and atk him for Game. He was pretty salty afterwards, as rivalry stop on him tracks

E-Dragon (1-2)
Game 1: This game went Slow, both Countering each other plays with hand traps and traps. Unfortunately, he managed to keep hand and live advantage through the round. Eventually, forcing me into summoning lead yoke only to be destroy twice by dracosack and Scrap Dragon and then being taken by Big Eye for game :/

Game 2: I opened up with my sided cards. My opponent sees me flipping both Vanity's Emptiness and Imperial Iron Wall, and immediately scoops.
Game 3:
I got first, I summon Headgeared and ditch a swichitter to grave, then I activated Foolish Burial sending Glassjaw to graveyard to get Switchitter back to hand. then I set Findish chain and Compulse. His turn, Immediately, card destructions, sending 5 dragons to graveyard... Then sp summons two of his dragons to xyz into Master of blades. From there on he proceed to sit on it plus a heavy he search with gold sarch and just keep attacking me with it for game.

I honestly, didn't know what to do and found myself clueless. All I managed to do was swarm the field, with Vanity's Emptiness for a while. I didnt draw into my switchitter until my Last Turn of the game :/

2nd E- Dragon (1-2)
Game 1: My opponent goes first, and goes for 1st turn LaDD. It completely shut me down from my traps and spells and rota (which Is what I only happen to drew.) I misplay hard by Fiendish Chain his Ladd, through allowing him to summon into another Dracosack and then Heavy my backrow. My turn I scoop, Ladd too good

Game 2: I opened up with my sided cards. My opponent sees me flipping both Vanity's Emptiness and Imperial Iron Wall, and immediately scoops. Again. He tells me it is game, unless he draws into Heavy :/

Game 3: This game was the weirdest but on the same the time 2nd most fun of my other games I had. This game went back and forward, mostly because I happen to stole with Sparrer eff and xyz into Maestroke, chain, etc. Also, I had answers against his plays, so I delay him thinking I d draw into Switch, I never did. He was also generous (For a E Dragon player ) and gave me some turns to live. I was cool with it, since if I could ve made Crimson Bladder, I would turn the tables around, while the other E dragon player was shaking his head and disapproving him Lol

Idk if this is in any relevant, but I just wanted to post my performance and give more of an awaraness of what Battlin Boxers can do (at least in a local level) Also, my choices for side deck and knowledge with the archetype help me a lot

Last edited by Creepy00 : 08-03-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Creepy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!

Pliko is on a distinguished road

How the hell do you make top 4 going 3-2? If there are enough people for 5 rounds, only 5-0's and a few 4-1's should make top 4.

Unless the 2nd e dragon was part of the top 4 playoff, however that's not stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Creepy00

Creepy00 is on a distinguished road

In order to save time, my local decided to cut top 8, and immediately go to top 4 (after round 4). As stated, I went undefeated until round 4 , and I was taken out in round 5, before finals (round 6.)

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the OP.
Creepy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Camero
Hipsteroid

Camero has a spectacular aura aboutCamero has a spectacular aura aboutCamero has a spectacular aura about

I find your lack of boxing related puns/references disturbing. At the very least, I should be able to read your tournament description with Howard Cosell's voice in my head.

Please edit your OP. :P

New to the game? Want to get better? Read this article!
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1167007

This is definitely not a shameless plug for my CAC set!
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1149606
Camero is offline   Reply With Quote