Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #51
tony1337
Pojo Veteran

No. They are just good, but nowhere near broken. A very slow deck though, compared to pretty much anything out right now. Control is the name of the game, though if it you use the garden build ironically even though it keeps its slow pace it gives you OTK potential as early as turn 2 sometimes.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #52
SavrCosmicFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyeninja View Post
Are Bujins broken? Since it is a new deck I'm debating whether or not to make it irl. I like speed, is it a fast deck or a slow deck?
broken is opinion
if you're looking for something speed like E-Dragons this isn't it

YGO: X-Saber/Constellar/Bujin/Noble Knight/Artifact/Fire Fist/Tellaknight/Dragonstar
CFV: Liberator/Jewel Knight/Beast Deity/Blue Storm/Blaukluger/Musketeer
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #53
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

If I focused more on Black Garden, and ran Decree and what not, Enemy Controller sounds like a useful tech...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssDuelist View Post
Test everything before you make conclusions.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #54
Kingsley650

Has anyone else tried maining Magic Deflector? Some Evilswarm player was scared to battle Yamato because I mindhax'd him into thinking my Mikatsuchi was a Crane. So he tried to torrential + infestation me but I rejected him with Magic Deflector and summoned Mikatsuchi. He was so mad he forgot to use Thunderbird's effect.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #55
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

It's an interesting counter against Prophecy, but I have yet to test it myself.
Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
speedbump07
Pojo Veteran

Wouldn't The Dark Door be better than kaiser coliseum for bujins? Susano'o van attack all their monsters, and can easily deal with their single attack, while kaiser limits him to one monster.

I suppose it'd stop them from xyzing... Maybe both? I dunno
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #57
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

Kaiser stops them from summoning more than one monster.
Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #58
meadowfresh
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley650 View Post
Has anyone else tried maining Magic Deflector? Some Evilswarm player was scared to battle Yamato because I mindhax'd him into thinking my Mikatsuchi was a Crane. So he tried to torrential + infestation me but I rejected him with Magic Deflector and summoned Mikatsuchi. He was so mad he forgot to use Thunderbird's effect.
I was testing it out and put into my side deck for one local tournament but never drew/needed it so took it out. Locals has been quiet recently due to Summer and pre holiday tests etc ><" Now that I am on holiday from work as well going to track down some more tournaments to test the deck out in.
Please check out my Ebay page for OCG goodies! Deck boxes/sleeves etc Also feel free to PM me with any requests, and if you do purchase something please tell me your from these forums so I can add in something extra ^_^ You can also hit me up on my Face Book page.

Ebay: plasticanomaly

Facebook: plasticanomaly
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #59
DuelistKing!
Pojo Veteran

all the deck needs for it be good off the bat is a Castor (Double Summon monster) bujin that's a beast warrior and the deck would be viable upon release. Hope something like this is one of the tcg exclusives.

CFV H/W List

Goku Kagero

Gravekeeper's

Madolche

6-2 (17th place) 1-13-2013 with Gravekeepers
Invite to Nats 2013
Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #60
Kingsley650

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowfresh View Post
I was testing it out and put into my side deck for one local tournament but never drew/needed it so took it out. Locals has been quiet recently due to Summer and pre holiday tests etc ><" Now that I am on holiday from work as well going to track down some more tournaments to test the deck out in.
For some reason I keep opening with it and I'm only running 2.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #61
meadowfresh
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
For some reason I keep opening with it and I'm only running 2.
Its funny how that happens... I can't remember what card it was now but in one deck I drew it all the time despite only having one copy but in my other deck I had 2-3 copies of it and hardly ever saw it >_>
Please check out my Ebay page for OCG goodies! Deck boxes/sleeves etc Also feel free to PM me with any requests, and if you do purchase something please tell me your from these forums so I can add in something extra ^_^ You can also hit me up on my Face Book page.

Ebay: plasticanomaly

Facebook: plasticanomaly
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #62
SavrCosmicFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelistKing! View Post
all the deck needs for it be good off the bat is a Castor (Double Summon monster) bujin that's a beast warrior and the deck would be viable upon release. Hope something like this is one of the tcg exclusives.
problem is it would take away from the deck in regards to how they are being released right now
i.e. Bujin base, set of Bujingi weapons, Full Armor Bujintei

plus they already provided 3 articles on Bujins with nothing new to the sort aside from name changes which would give the idea that there won't be anything Bujin direct support wise as TCG exclusives

sure we have 8 missing tcg slots so we'll see

YGO: X-Saber/Constellar/Bujin/Noble Knight/Artifact/Fire Fist/Tellaknight/Dragonstar
Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #63
ProphetOfCreation
Banned User

Sample Black Garden build? Looking to upgrade from standard to that. Plus I haven't used the black gardens I have since 2008/2009
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #64
ensane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetOfCreation View Post
Sample Black Garden build? Looking to upgrade from standard to that. Plus I haven't used the black gardens I have since 2008/2009
So I'm guessing you didn't even skim the OP
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #65
DuelistKing!
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavrCosmicFighter View Post
problem is it would take away from the deck in regards to how they are being released right now
i.e. Bujin base, set of Bujingi weapons, Full Armor Bujintei

plus they already provided 3 articles on Bujins with nothing new to the sort aside from name changes which would give the idea that there won't be anything Bujin direct support wise as TCG exclusives

sure we have 8 missing tcg slots so we'll see
Understandable. Its just that when i play the deck, Having only one beast warrior make me want to cry at times. Its so bad, i'm thinking of playing FF-Tensu just to speed up summoning susano. (my other beast warrior) I'm just saying the Konami damaged the archtype badly by making the monsters different types when beast warriors at the moment helps to make the deck more consistent.

CFV H/W List

Goku Kagero

Gravekeeper's

Madolche

Invite to Nats 2013
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #66
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

This is what a standard build would like, more or less.

You can decide for yourself if you want Terraforming, Regalia the Sword, etc.
Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #67
SavrCosmicFighter

Quote:
Understandable. Its just that when i play the deck, Having only one beast warrior make me want to cry at times. Its so bad, i'm thinking of playing FF-Tensu just to speed up summoning susano. (my other beast warrior) I'm just saying the Konami damaged the archtype badly by making the monsters different types when beast warriors at the moment helps to make the deck more consistent.
If you're trying to speed your way to Susanowo that's only asking for trouble mainly because it wasn't designed with rush xyz plays in mind
As for the typing being with all the recent cards supporting the beast series it shouldn't be a surprise that they implement it in another archetype (first being hazy flames)

Susanowo was designed to be the resort measure only after Yamato isn't enough (in which the duels I've used them in doesn't seem to be as big an issue as I feared back then)

Try adjusting to their intended play style before putting your own touch otherwise you will hit consistency issues which no one wants

I'm still getting used to the deck myself which is why I'm able to understand you problem as its similar to the one I had when I first picked up the deck a couple of months ago

Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #68
DuelistKing!
Pojo Veteran

Well, I'm not trying to rush into susano, i just want to play the deck and not want to face palm if i can't set up yamato early/ get the card. When I draw the others without yamato, I let out a heavy sigh and attempt to play. Then I realize that the only card that stand alone well on the field is the yamato and those great bujins that activate in grave love yamato over everything else. I'll try to give the deck another go, (getting a few boxes of JOTL so why not). Want to play it but maybe I'm treating the deck too much like fire fist which is why I struggling with a build.

CFV H/W List

Goku Kagero

Gravekeeper's

Madolche

Invite to Nats 2013
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #69
Kingsley650

Can we add a section for weakness and/or side deck options for bad matchups to the OP?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #70
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

Quote:
Can we add a section for weakness and/or side deck options for bad matchups to the OP?
Will do.

If anyone has any insightful tips for beating a certain, as well as what to side in/out for certain matchups, don't hestitate to tell me.
Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #71
Zephur
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvin123 View Post
The only card I included myself was Scrap-Iron Scarecrow.... As for the ratios, those are the exact same ones from the original OP. Same with the skeleton. The general consensus is still that 3 Mikazuchi and 3 Apparition are way too excessive. :3
Well yeah lol the main consensus would be that way if that's the only build being promoted. Builds should be consistently refined, not copied and pasted.
To make space for Armament, I dropped Hetsuka to 2, Quilin to 2 (considering dropping to 1, monsters never seem to be a problem and face-up s/t can be taken care of by centipede). That way if you have Armament, instead of dropping another Hetsuka if you use the first, you can drop a Quilin/Centipede and recycle Hetsuka only if you need it, etc. Where Yamato provides hand correction, Armament provides both grave and hand correction. Anyways the main problem I have is not even mentioning Upstart Goblin when it makes for a faster Heavy Storm, faster Yamato, faster Monster Reborn. I wouldn't consider dropping 3 and for people who have problems with deck space, all I can say is: make space.

Quote:

And yes, I came up with using Black Garden in Bujins. It has several names: Black Garden Bujins, Bujin Garden, even Garden of Eden.
Oh nothing official then. I was thinking Rose Gods sounded nice, or Bujinken (Bujins+Tokens for little otaku nerds/japanese fanboys like me)

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Well, I'm not trying to rush into susano, i just want to play the deck and not want to face palm if i can't set up yamato early/ get the card. When I draw the others without yamato, I let out a heavy sigh and attempt to play. Then I realize that the only card that stand alone well on the field is the yamato and those great bujins that activate in grave love yamato over everything else. I'll try to give the deck another go, (getting a few boxes of JOTL so why not). Want to play it but maybe I'm treating the deck too much like fire fist which is why I struggling with a build.
That's what Mikazuchi is for. Makes all your relics live. Also yup, Bujin is absolutely nothing like Fire Fist, it's a control deck with occasional xyz bursts. Fire Fist is completly aggro.

Last edited by Zephur : 07-22-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #72
OmniHelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
Anyways the main problem I have is not even mentioning Upstart Goblin when it makes for a faster Heavy Storm, faster Yamato, faster Monster Reborn. I wouldn't consider dropping 3 and for people who have problems with deck space, all I can say is: make space.
lol, the deck space is extremely tight....you're not going to find room for 3 Upstarts in a Garden build without compromising the integrity of the deck.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #73
Zephur
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniHelix View Post
lol, the deck space is extremely tight....you're not going to find room for 3 Upstarts in a Garden build without compromising the integrity of the deck.
A good deck doesn't rely on 40 cards to maintain integrity, refine your deck building skills.

Quote:
Will do.

If anyone has any insightful tips for beating a certain, as well as what to side in/out for certain matchups, don't hestitate to tell me.
The main weakness of this deck I find is your standard graveyard hate: Soul Drain, Imperial Iron Wall, Macro Cosmos. Light-Imprisoning Mirror is a rare sight nowadays, but if Bujin becomes very popular, that could easily turn around. I always make sure I have triple MST and Heavy Storm.

Last edited by Zephur : 07-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #74
OmniHelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
A good deck doesn't rely on 40 cards to maintain integrity, refine your deck building skills.
Actually, a good deck DOES in general rely on a 40 card deck to help maintain integrity. However, deck size was not what I was referring to.

Finding 3 individual cards to take out of the Garden build, to replace with 3 Upstarts, is simply unlikely in the current state of the build.

Are you going to take out traps? Take out lances? Take out Dualities? Don't think the main needs any Mst's? What about Tenki? Storm, Reborn?

Perhaps you should work on your logic before you criticize someone.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #75
Zephur
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniHelix View Post
Actually, a good deck DOES in general rely on a 40 card deck to help maintain integrity. However, deck size was not what I was referring to.

Finding 3 individual cards to take out of the Garden build, to replace with 3 Upstarts, is simply unlikely in the current state of the build.

Are you going to take out traps? Take out lances? Take out Dualities? Don't think the main needs any Mst's? What about Tenki? Storm, Reborn?

Perhaps you should work on your logic before you criticize someone.
My logic's sound. You on the other hand mention a few cards that shouldn't be taken out and seem to imply that therefore all 40 slots are taken.
Also, I never said you needed 3. I just personally would never drop below 3, and the more, the better.
Closed Thread