Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Discussions, News & Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default What Decks Will Be Tier 1 Come September

What decks do you think will be up there, and do you have a new top 3?




I'm not even going to guess what will happen to Dragon Rulers, Prophecy, Evilswarms, Mermail, etc because all I'll be doing is making false hopes....


A few decks that I see coming up include: Bujin, Mecha Phantom Beast (Yes dracossack will have his flying mates), 3-Axis Fire Fist (Please God let chicken be released soon), and many other new decks....*cough* Ghostricks *cough*


Decks Established as Being "Good" Next Format:
Fire Fist, Constellar, Bujin, Dragon Ruler, Prophecy, Tidal Mermail,
__________________

Last edited by ItzBroken1 : 07-08-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
TeslaMouse
I <3 my kanojyo :)
 
TeslaMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 70,803
iTrader: 773 (100%)
Default

Depends on the banlist, which we do not know about.
__________________
Quote:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1192903

Looking for Cash and high ends. Now accepting money orders! Also want a Lightsworn ruler deck
Pokémon x friend code: 4613 7604 1572

SV: 4086
TeslaMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default

To be honest, banlist or not I think one deck that could be on the rise are Mecha Phantom Beast. They have both the synchro/xyz summoning ability, and also with those new synchros coming out in JOTL I wouldnt be surprised to see them tier 1.5.
__________________
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Phantom Strike
You give me chills
 
Phantom Strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,543
iTrader: 4 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzBroken1 View Post
To be honest, banlist or not I think one deck that could be on the rise are Mecha Phantom Beast. They have both the synchro/xyz summoning ability, and also with those new synchros coming out in JOTL I wouldnt be surprised to see them tier 1.5.
"Yeah, I think he forgot to pick up his meds today. Can you run to CVS and get them?"
Phantom Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzBroken1 View Post
To be honest, banlist or not I think one deck that could be on the rise are Mecha Phantom Beast. They have both the synchro/xyz summoning ability, and also with those new synchros coming out in JOTL I wouldnt be surprised to see them tier 1.5.
JOTL does make MPB better but as long as these other decks are around they definitely aren't as good, when dragons get hit hopefully dracossack will drop so I can finally finish my MPB deck
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Brettski
New Guy1
 
Brettski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,307
iTrader: 44 (100%)
Default

Definitely depends on the Ban list.
I could see some of these cards showing up on the limited list:
Big Eye
Dracossack
Rejuv

MAYBE a card or two from Mermail's but they've already been rendered not "top tier". Abysslinde and/or Dragoons would probably hurt most.

Prophecy should see 1-2 cards either limited or semi-limited (judgment/Secrets/Priestess).

Tenki will definitely be limited or semi-limited.

That would allow the current decks to be playable but less broken.

Knowing Konami though they will probably decimate some of the decks by banning certain cards or limiting way too much.

All in all that can be a good thing. I always like to see innovation. So point remains, we won't know until we have a ban list.
__________________
Trade List
Brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
bmtrocks
Pojo Veteran
 
bmtrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 22
Posts: 7,196
iTrader: 0
Default

If The big five decks get hit on an equal level, Evilswarm probably. The deck is still good even if you limit Ophion or Rabbit or whatever kind of hit the deck could get.
bmtrocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
[Hiita]
Burning Up
 
[Hiita]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 3,115
iTrader: 0
Default

Number 11: Big Eye, Gold Sarcophagus, and Super Rejuvenation are all valid cards I can see getting smacked as far as Dragons go.

Spellbook, I only want to see Judgment banned. The deck isn't good without it.

Evilswarm...it's hard to know what to hit in this deck while still keeping it viable. There's no real standout OP card, maybe Kerky?

Hitting Linde or Teus would help tremendously in keeping Mermail down.

There is no fifth deck in the top (^^^) not sure what you're referring to.
__________________
Top 4 Dallas/Ft. Worth LTGY Regional Qualifier 2013 (1st Place)
Top 16 Dallas/Ft. Worth JOTL Regional Qualifier 2013 (11th place)
Top 4 Dallas/Ft/ Worth SHSP Regional Qualifier 2014 (4th Place)
[Hiita] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
TeslaMouse
I <3 my kanojyo :)
 
TeslaMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 70,803
iTrader: 773 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
Number 11: Big Eye, Gold Sarcophagus, and Super Rejuvenation are all valid cards I can see getting smacked as far as Dragons go.

Spellbook, I only want to see Judgment banned. The deck isn't good without it.

Evilswarm...it's hard to know what to hit in this deck while still keeping it viable. There's no real standout OP card, maybe Kerky?

Hitting Linde or Teus would help tremendously in keeping Mermail down.

There is no fifth deck in the top (^^^) not sure what you're referring to.
He's probably referring to fire fists..

Nothing needs to be hit in evilswarms. The moment decks that special summon LV5s or higher are out of tier, the deck becomes all around garbage. More so than now.
__________________
Quote:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1192903

Looking for Cash and high ends. Now accepting money orders! Also want a Lightsworn ruler deck
Pokémon x friend code: 4613 7604 1572

SV: 4086
TeslaMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #10
[Hiita]
Burning Up
 
[Hiita]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 3,115
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaMouse View Post
He's probably referring to fire fists..

Nothing needs to be hit in evilswarms. The moment decks that special summon LV5s or higher are out of tier, the deck becomes all around garbage. More so than now.
Thing is, nobody's playing those decks right now (ie Frognarchs), and the top decks won't be out of tier for a while.
__________________
Top 4 Dallas/Ft. Worth LTGY Regional Qualifier 2013 (1st Place)
Top 16 Dallas/Ft. Worth JOTL Regional Qualifier 2013 (11th place)
Top 4 Dallas/Ft/ Worth SHSP Regional Qualifier 2014 (4th Place)
[Hiita] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
TeslaMouse
I <3 my kanojyo :)
 
TeslaMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 70,803
iTrader: 773 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
Thing is, nobody's playing those decks right now (ie Frognarchs), and the top decks won't be out of tier for a while.
I'm referring to Prophecy and Dragon rulers. Once those get hit to the point where the dragon rulers are only used in elemental based decks, Evilswarms won't need to be hit. They're not even overpowered at the moment, anyways
__________________
Quote:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1192903

Looking for Cash and high ends. Now accepting money orders! Also want a Lightsworn ruler deck
Pokémon x friend code: 4613 7604 1572

SV: 4086
TeslaMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #12
[Hiita]
Burning Up
 
[Hiita]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 3,115
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeslaMouse View Post
I'm referring to Prophecy and Dragon rulers. Once those get hit to the point where the dragon rulers are only used in elemental based decks, Evilswarms won't need to be hit. They're not even overpowered at the moment, anyways
I was also referring to those two decks. They won't go away after banlist, the dragons will be untouched
__________________
Top 4 Dallas/Ft. Worth LTGY Regional Qualifier 2013 (1st Place)
Top 16 Dallas/Ft. Worth JOTL Regional Qualifier 2013 (11th place)
Top 4 Dallas/Ft/ Worth SHSP Regional Qualifier 2014 (4th Place)
[Hiita] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
TeslaMouse
I <3 my kanojyo :)
 
TeslaMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 70,803
iTrader: 773 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
I was also referring to those two decks. They won't go away after banlist, the dragons will be untouched
Oh okay. I'm just not seeing the big deal about evilswarms. Their best consistent play is to get ophion on the field. Verz are nothing more than a dark themed anti-meta deck that won't be anti-meta when the aforementioned decks die and something new comes along.
__________________
Quote:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1192903

Looking for Cash and high ends. Now accepting money orders! Also want a Lightsworn ruler deck
Pokémon x friend code: 4613 7604 1572

SV: 4086
TeslaMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default

yea i wouldnt be surprised if evilswarms werent hit. Also wouldnt be surprised if Konami left Prophecy and Dragon Rulers untouched because they could juice money out of them for another format.....I just really want dracossack to be reprinted or at least brought down ALOT so I can build MPB.
__________________
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #15
Neo Zerato
Dreamer
 
Neo Zerato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,355
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzBroken1 View Post
yea i wouldnt be surprised if evilswarms werent hit. Also wouldnt be surprised if Konami left Prophecy and Dragon Rulers untouched because they could juice money out of them for another format.....I just really want dracossack to be reprinted or at least brought down ALOT so I can build MPB.
Prophecy already have enough time, so they will touch them, and Dragon Rulers (Even when they are being released in tins) will be touched, maybe semi'ed, but their key cards like Sarcophagus and SuperReju will be limited.

Evilswarms probably Ophion at 1, but I see nothing else (Maybe Kerykeion), And Mermails I don't know what they would touch because everything seems fine, maybe Abysslinde, Abyssgunde and Abyss-sphere.
__________________
Neo Zerato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
Son Gokū
YO! I'm from Earth
 
Son Gokū's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 439 East District, Mount Paozu
Posts: 4,658
iTrader: 13 (100%)
Default

How can you tell without the ban list...
__________________
"I am the hope of the Universe! I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace! I am protector of the innocent! I am the Light to the Darkness! I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" _Me as a Super Saiya-jin

YO! It's Goku's Yu-Gi-Oh! Trade Thread! Trade with Goku here!

Welcome to ~Super Saiyan Techs~
Son Gokū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Zerato View Post
Prophecy already have enough time, so they will touch them, and Dragon Rulers (Even when they are being released in tins) will be touched, maybe semi'ed, but their key cards like Sarcophagus and SuperReju will be limited.

Evilswarms probably Ophion at 1, but I see nothing else (Maybe Kerykeion), And Mermails I don't know what they would touch because everything seems fine, maybe Abysslinde, Abyssgunde and Abyss-sphere.
If those decks are touched and chicken is released then 3-axis fire fist will be the "deck" even though semi-limiting tenki is a probably inevitable
__________________
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Patrick_Star
iWumbo
 
Patrick_Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 8,547
iTrader: 118 (100%)
Default

If we get Tomahawk and I think Giantrainer, IncarnateKuri could be Tier1 easily.
__________________
What's "God"?
Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you.
Patrick_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default

oh yea completely forgot about that. That deck will easily be tier 1 with the combos...o_O
__________________
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
[Hiita]
Burning Up
 
[Hiita]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 3,115
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzBroken1 View Post
oh yea completely forgot about that. That deck will easily be tier 1 with the combos...o_O
Well, we are getting all of the pieces in Number Hunters. And Giaintrainer is a pretty nutty card.
__________________
Top 4 Dallas/Ft. Worth LTGY Regional Qualifier 2013 (1st Place)
Top 16 Dallas/Ft. Worth JOTL Regional Qualifier 2013 (11th place)
Top 4 Dallas/Ft/ Worth SHSP Regional Qualifier 2014 (4th Place)
[Hiita] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #21
sd800
Coat of Arms
 
sd800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,841
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Gokū View Post
How can you tell without the ban list...
Speculation. That's the name of the game.
sd800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
ItzBroken1
BMO
 
ItzBroken1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,494
iTrader: 148 (100%)
Default

Anyone got any thoughts on bujins?
__________________
ItzBroken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Ventoreck
Bad Ass Duelist
 
Ventoreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,670
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzBroken1 View Post
Anyone got any thoughts on bujins?
No doubt in my mind that they will be tier one. Right now their only rival is prophecy, and when they are hit, Then it will be the time to rise and conquer!

But really, they are AMZING!
__________________
Sig by NexusShriker

Forever A Bad Ass On The Realm Of Pojo

The Official DD Thread - No, This isn't The D.D Thread

My Custom Decks

Ventoreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
wiselstorm
Chickie Bear Mania
 
wiselstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arc cradle
Posts: 4,077
iTrader: 0
Default

Yes Bujins are awesome especialy with Number 66 and Vanity Emptiness.
__________________
Currently played decks:
LS Rulers
Shadolls
Dragonstars
Satellaknights

Join us at Industrial Illusions!
~Vecdog~
wiselstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
iRenzo
Pojo Veteran
 
iRenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: on the Bandwagon
Posts: 2,260
iTrader: 0
Default

Probably the top 4 decks right now plus Constellar, Gadgets and Fire Fist (if they get chicken). With hopefully everything slowing down decks that were outpaced this format would probably be a viable choice aswell (Heroes, Geargia, Infernity etc). Mecha Phantom Beasts feel as though they are 2 or 3 cards away from being competitive.
iRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.