Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
LordLeviathan

Default Ban the Jowgen

Why is oppression banned and this not. Look at it its even worse than oppression is basically the Imperial Order of oppression and doesn't even cost any life and you can kill it whenever you want AND ITS SEARCHABLE, AND ITS A MONSTER. You search it in your end phase this is why things like pachy isn't dead because with pachy you are going to lose your own special summons at least that turn with Jowgen you search it during your end phase which is always broken. Now look at jowgen you can kill itself just by discarding a card that's like Imperial Order stick it out and prevent opponent from playing then suddenly OH WOOPS I NEED TO OTK discard a card kill it that was easy. Or you can use it to turn any card in your hand into a Dark Hole if they somehow special summoned before it. And then you can easily just bring it back because its a spellcaster. Dark Hole is limited by itself yet a searchable version that's also a monster that's also searchable that also is an oppression that you can turn off whenever you want is at 3 what the heck. Look at pachy if you are playing anti meta you can do it without a discard but you cant do it while ITS OUT THERE special summoned itself! That's what makes it unfair you can special summon this card and then prevent special summons then kill it whenever you could try to do that with pachy but it cant turn itself off in that case and it isn't a Dark Hole and it isn't as easily searched or special summoned and the flip effect is actually god but not broken. Somebody is going to come and say that it isn't jowgens fault and that it is really the opponents fault for playing too many special summon monsters well then why is oppression banned! OH YEA THATS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T SPECIAL SUMMON. And im not some sort of special summon hipster I am just being realistic. I also want people to try normal summoning which is why I say pachy is fine because it cant turn off and cant be searched or special summoned itself as easy if you are going to be playing a card that makes it so the opponent cant summon then you shouldnt be able to special summon yourself otherwise its just totally unfair and if they would really be playing this deck then pachy would be better anyway because it has more attack and the Dark Hole effect is free on flip rather than discard the only time you would ever need jow gen is to try and turn it off which is unfair and also because it is easily special summoned itself which is also unfair because you can do it to the end phase which means you can still special summon that turn. Now you are going to say that is really the card that does the special summoning's fault but look at it eventually there is going to be another card that can special summon making this broken again. It can turn itself off which is obviously bad. And if there isnt a way of using it in a broken way like this then people wont play it because vanity monsters and pachy are just better in all other cases. The only time you would ever really use this is to try and be unfair. This card has only been used one other time and that other time it was also unfair yes I am talking about Last Turn. I know that Last Turn was banned but this is pretty obviously jowgen making it way more broken than it otherwise would have been. I mean I know that Last Turn would be broken now even if jowgen was banned but it would not have been broken at the time or at least nowhever near as bad as it was at the time same thing goes for spellbook it wouldnt be nearly as bad without jow gen. And maybe if they knew that Last Turn existed and wasnt banned they wouldnt have printed the other bad stuff that makes it broken and even if they did it still wouldnt have been nearly as bad. What is the point of a card that only serves to make things only worse when there are better subsstitutes for all uses that arent super broken?? This card needs to be banned the only thing it ever does is cause broken plays that prevent the opponent from special summoning while you can special summon as much as you want and makes other plays broken it can be done on first turn too so its just as bad as somethign like wind up loop and even worse than oppression.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Shuya
Pojo Veteran

Someone is bitter
Old 06-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Gaspar
Bored

I am a bookworm and I fear that wall of text.
If it is Spellbook of Judgment.dek related, why not hit Spellbook of Judgment instead of Jowgen?
If it is not, what the heck happened? Jowgen barely stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazriel View Post
You could build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a while. You could teach a man to build a fire, and he might understand. Or you can set that man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
chesster423

Ban Judgment. Problem Solved.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Pastamancer
Ape Dos Mil

My ******* eyeballs...

Do you remember how playable jowgen was before Judgement? I sure do, i remember throwing away a lot of them.

Like what has already been said, ban judgment and jowgen goes back to being garbo.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
kazu
Yata Cultist

ITT: Ban shockmaster variant number #2382.0

Also what the heck is "The Jowgen?" Is it like "The Google?"

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.

Last edited by kazu : 06-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
amn89
Backrow hater

I hope you are trolling,
I seriously do.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Rob_Lucci_CP8
Storm Wars Veteran

Location: F/L's Prison Cave Deck(s): Various Occupation: Pojo Surprise Debater

Only on Pojo.

Or DN Forums.

Actually, it's nice to know we aren't the worst Yugioh community anymore and there's one that manages to make F/L look like the MIT of Yugioh.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
BennehFishle
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
1) AND ITS SEARCHABLE, AND ITS A MONSTER.

~~~~~

2) You search it in your end phase this is why things like pachy isn't dead because with pachy you are going to lose your own special summons at least that turn with Jowgen you search it during your end phase which is always broken.

~~~~~

3) Now look at jowgen you can kill itself just by discarding a card that's like Imperial Order stick it out and prevent opponent from playing then suddenly OH WOOPS I NEED TO OTK discard a card kill it that was easy.

~~~~~

4) Or you can use it to turn any card in your hand into a Dark Hole if they somehow special summoned before it.

~~~~~

5) Dark Hole is limited by itself yet a searchable version that's also a monster that's also searchable that also is an oppression that you can turn off whenever you want is at 3 what the heck.

~~~~~

6) Somebody is going to come and say that it isn't jowgens fault and that it is really the opponents fault for playing too many special summon monsters well then why is oppression banned!

~~~~~

7) OH YEA THATS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T SPECIAL SUMMON.

~~~~~

8) Now you are going to say that is really the card that does the special summoning's fault but look at it eventually there is going to be another card that can special summon making this broken again.

~~~~~

9) The only time you would ever really use this is to try and be unfair.
1) Only by a broken card. Being a monster (outside of Judgment interaction) actually makes it worse than Oppression, because you must devote your normal summon to it to make it active, unlike RO where you can spam all you like then flip it to lock the opponent.

2) What is broken about its searching during the end phase? What makes that worse than summoning it in a main phase or the battle phase?

3) Prophecy don't OTK as much as other top decks. Jowgen pulling a kamikaze is very rare - you really need to sit on him for as long as you can in order to keep Dragons from doing all that **** they do.

4) During the end phase? You'll only do that if you normal summon Mr. The Spiritualist, which detracts from SMoP searches and Kycoo cockblocks.

5) The two cards perform wildly different functions. Plus, no-one uses more than 1 Jowgen, so a limit would be blatantly useless.

6) Uh...it's neither Jowgen's nor the opponent's fault. Surprisingly, the culprit is Spellbook of Judgment! I know, who'd have guessed, right?

7) You could, I don't know, get rid of Jowgen through the old-fashioned art of normal summoning and attacking. Actually, the only thing stopping that from being a legitimate answer to Jowgen is Spellbook of Fate.

8) No there won't, because I can be 99% certain that that card won't also be a +3-5 that is searchable by 6+ cards. But anyway, even if it were to be broken, then it would also get banned.

9) Uh, no, it's so to not get violated by those lovely colourful dragon fellows. Jowgen would probably just get sided at best without them, because Justice's +2 - including the new Judgment which can't be searched by Judgment itself in that end phase - is pretty darn important. Only the prospect of taking the fastest deck around right now to a total standstill can make them foresake that.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Omni~Mage
Hype Veteran

Jowgen has, what, 1300 defense?

Just mow him down.

Also everything Benneh said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWamts View Post
This ain't no prediction list. Prediction lists never have Magician of Faith at 3.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Winston
Nope

We need the kool-aid man to rescue us from that wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero
God you guys are thick. The purpose of the banlist is to make OTHER people change THEIR decks, not to make me change mine.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #12
Redsmas
Let It Go

Ever heard of the Return/enter key?

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
darkcrab
Pojo Veteran

oh the hell is this now? X_X
XD

Ahh, I'm glad I didn't go to locals on time today. This was worth it. You have my thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazu View Post
The hilarity of this thread is expanding the life time of several compiler errors significantly. This is your fault, darkcrab.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
Alice
<.<Nghtmare<.<

Wall of text.............
I am so not reading this.
Anyway,ban judgment or fate.
Problem solved.

^^^^Alice's Nghtmare Index.

Ghostrick thread XIV: My heaven is your annoyance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
Alice confirmed to be Ghostrick Dorklord. Hue.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
ShinShin
Onodera's Vet

Hello, what's this jazz?

*looks*

Oh for the love of Celestia! My eyes!!!

Decks: Madolce /// Bujin /// Artifacts /// Link Joker /// Bermuda /// Nisekoi /// Psycho Pass
Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

ROFLMAAAAAAAAAAOOOOO...
DRAGON RULER PLAYER RAGEQUITS AFTER LOSING TO PROPHECY.

This is like Keeper of Grav all over again, but while Keeper was bad and played a bad GK deck he wasn't a netdecker using the most powerful deck around.
My dear scrub, I suggest you trade your Dragon Ruler deck for a Prophecy one.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #17
N.Nick
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Learn to use paragraphs first.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #18
kazu
Yata Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelLamperouge View Post
ROFLMAAAAAAAAAAOOOOO...
DRAGON RULER PLAYER RAGEQUITS AFTER LOSING TO PROPHECY.

This is like Keeper of Grav all over again, but while Keeper was bad and played a bad GK deck he wasn't a netdecker using the most powerful deck around.
My dear scrub, I suggest you trade your Dragon Ruler deck for a Prophecy one.
Judging from his previous thread and his name, he is playing a mermail or frog based deck.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Old 06-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
Hakan
Pojo Veteran

LordLeviathan, what are your thoughts on Archlord Kristya, Evilswarm Ophion, and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #20
Winston
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
LordLeviathan, what are your thoughts on Archlord Kristya, Evilswarm Ophion, and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo?
******* broken ****ed overpowered *******s linear thoughtless ****
Quote:
God you guys are thick. The purpose of the banlist is to make OTHER people change THEIR decks, not to make me change mine.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
Birdface
#FreeYata

Kristya actually is pretty messed up... Jowgen, Dyna and friends are cool though.

For example, for Birdface...
Replace: [quote=Birdface;29826133]
With: [quote="[YGOCARD]Birdface[/YGOCARD]"]
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
Winston
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by [YGOCARD
Birdface[/ygocard];27655801]Kristya actually is pretty messed up... Jowgen, Dyna and friends are cool though.
Only if you open with a perfect hand to drop him and then reuse honest for shenanigans. Otherwise it's situational and is very easy to take advantage of when you force your opponent into drawing it instead of something more useful.
Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #23
Birdface
#FreeYata

It doesn't need to be first turn... unless we're talking this format, in which case there isn't a problem with Kristya in the least.

For example, for Birdface...
Replace: [quote=Birdface;29826133]
With: [quote="[YGOCARD]Birdface[/YGOCARD]"]
Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
CED-CDS NUTS
Pojo Veteran

Well Jowgen with a Gagagashield pretty much means gg for the opponent since MST isn't maimed this format as much

Yu-Gi-Oh! Haves/Wants
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1149453
Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
kazu
Yata Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CED-CDS NUTS View Post
Well Jowgen with a Gagagashield pretty much means gg for the opponent since MST isn't maimed this format as much
Dude, loooooool. Is the OP this funny, because if so I should probably overcome my fear of walls and read it.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Closed Thread