Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
05pathanz
₪ ř lll ·o.

Default "Convergence is coming" - Evilswarm May 2013

"Your time has come. No need to be frightened. No reason to fight. Many have gone before us, and now it's time for us to take the voyage together, to transcend death... and let the future take its course. Join me, as I gaze upon the face of God!"

Well, the format has gone to crap. Time to run something mindless that has a shot at slowing down the oncoming Judgment Day.

The decklist:

Monsters:
Evilswarm Thunderbird X2
Evilswarm Kerykeion X3
Evilswarm Castor X3
Evilswarm Mandragora X2
Evilswarm Heliotrope X3
Rescue Rabbit X2
Maxx "C" X2
Effect Veiler X2

Spells:
Infestation Pandemic X3
Forbidden Dress X2
Book of Moon
Reinforcement of the Army
Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn

Traps:
Infestation Infection
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning
Torrential Tribute X2
Bottomless Trap Hole X2
Fiendish Chain
Memory Loss
Compulsory Evacuation Device X2

Extra:
Ally of Justice Catastor
Evilswarm Ophion X3
Evilswarm Bahamut X2
Evilswarm Ouroboros
Blade Armor Ninja
Gagaga Cowboy
Abyss Dweller
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Photon Papilloperative
Gem-Knight Pearl
Number 16: Shock Master
Number 39: Utopia

Side:
Droll & Lock Bird X2
Mystical Space Typhoon X2
Deck Devastation Virus
Eradicator Epidemic Virus X2
Imperial Iron Wall X2
Macro Cosmos X2
Soul Drain X2
Mind Drain X2
RĘVES

Last edited by 05pathanz : 05-22-2013 at 04:45 PM.
05pathanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
GrafOrlockVII
Pojo Veteran

-1 Dark Armed Dragon
-1 Mystical Space Typhoon
-2 Maxx C
-2 EEV (Both this and Maxx C are better as side cards.)
+1 Infestation Pandemic
+1 Forbidden Dress
+1 Dark Hole (You run a searchable lance, and clearing the field can sometimes be very important. If you don't think so, then I don't see why you're maining two Torrential Tributes.)
+2 Compulse/Dimensional Prison/Fiendish Chain/Breakthrough Skill (depends on what you like better and fits your playstyle.)
+1 THRIO

As for your extra deck, I suggest a Blackship of Corn if you're in the US/just playing online. Assuming you're not, Catastor is not really all that necessary. You'll want to keep veiler in your hand for effect negation anyways. Take out Catastor and Blade Armor Ninja (Castor + Castor is uncommon and not recommended) for Abyss Dweller and Diamond Dire Wolf.

Take out the Chaos Hunter in the side. Imperial Iron Wall does the same thing without the cost and without Ophion making it dead.
GrafOrlockVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
05pathanz
₪ ř lll ·o.

[Dark Armed has been testing fine in the main. He used to be in the side, but I brought him in Game 2/3 so many times it was better to main him.

1 MST helps.

This deck is meant to counter the meta, and that means having to main-deck cards which you normally side (Maxx "C" and EEV). Look at E-Dragons - they main Droll&Lock and EEV so they don't lose to Prophecy..

I would run 3 Pandemic, but I can't get a third (for some reason every card shop in Birmingham is sold out of HA07 til next month, and no-one is willing to trade me 1 Pandemic).

Can't get a third Dress either, but it isn't really needed.

Dark Hole isn't as useful as it used to be - Prophecy run a searchable Lance too, Dracossack is a b*tch, Mermails can just make the same moves after the nuke, Infernity's have Barrier, Constellars have Omega etc. Besides a couple of rogue match-ups Dark Hole is pretty much redundant. Torrential is reactive however, being able to break up their plays.

Already run Compuls, want to run D-Prison, but can't find anything I can't drop to make space for it. I'll test the deck a little more tomorrow and see what I can do.

Huge Rev is good, and I want to make space for it.

I'm in Europe, so no Broke Ship. Abyss Dweller is the same as Pandemic and Dress. Dire Wolf would be nice if I could get it cheap.

Chaos Hunter works even if my opponent goes first, but I'll test Iron Wall instead.
RĘVES
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
GrafOrlockVII
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05pathanz View Post
[Dark Armed has been testing fine in the main. He used to be in the side, but I brought him in Game 2/3 so many times it was better to main him.
The main problem, is that you have two forms of graveyard control: Kerykeion and Emeral. So, you have to draw DAD in time. You have to draw enough Kerykeions and make sure Emeral stay alive in order to properly manipulate the graveyard. On top of this, if you're sitting on an Ophion when all this is occuring, DAD stays dead.

Quote:
[1 MST helps.

This deck is meant to counter the meta, and that means having to main-deck cards which you normally side (Maxx "C" and EEV). Look at E-Dragons - they main Droll&Lock and EEV so they don't lose to Prophecy..
1 MST does nothing. I get maining MST in this when others hate it. I do. It gets rid of Fire Fist backrows. It gets rid of bothersome field cards like Gates of the Dark World. It destroys Sphere before it resolves. If you want to go this route, don't main one MST. The reason being, you'll never draw it when it's useful to you. You're essentially leaving it to luck that you'll draw MST right when you need it, and that one MST will substantially change the game. If you want to main MST, at least main two of them.

Quote:
[
If those are in to specifically counter your meta, then fair enough. They do take up valuable space, but if you feel this helps you in your area, then by all means.

Quote:
[Can't get a third Dress either, but it isn't really needed.

Dark Hole isn't as useful as it used to be - Prophecy run a searchable Lance too, Dracossack is a b*tch, Mermails can just make the same moves after the nuke, Infernity's have Barrier, Constellars have Omega etc. Besides a couple of rogue match-ups Dark Hole is pretty much redundant. Torrential is reactive however, being able to break up their plays.
Is three needed? No. Is three optimal? Yes.

Dark Hole is a powerful option. At the very worst, it baits out these problematic cards you listed. It baits out dracossack tokens, forces mermails to Reload, forces Omega to use his effect, forces Infernity to waste resources to survive, and forces Prophecy to use Wisdom (which then you can summon and torrential anyways). At best, it resets the field. Does it honestly hurt that much to have such an option? Dark Hole is one of those cards that can turn the tide of a game. Plus, if you think it's redundant, then I don't see the point in siding it either.

Quote:
[Already run Compuls, want to run D-Prison, but can't find anything I can't drop to make space for it. I'll test the deck a little more tomorrow and see what I can do.

Huge Rev is good, and I want to make space for it.

I'm in Europe, so no Broke Ship. Abyss Dweller is the same as Pandemic and Dress. Dire Wolf would be nice if I could get it cheap.

Chaos Hunter works even if my opponent goes first, but I'll test Iron Wall instead.
Again, your maining of side cards may be useful to you...but it's also taking up precious real estate. Just remember that.
GrafOrlockVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
05pathanz
₪ ř lll ·o.

Tested the deck for most of the day, kept tweaking the build. Then I saw the build Gabe Perez ran and based it off of his. Memory loss is hilarious XD

Main points:
- Good bye Dark Armed, you will be missed
- Dark Hole is back in the main
- Surprisingly few people still run Prophecy (I only know 1 person who managed to get a playset of Judgment Day, I'm pretty sure everyone else sold their decks). So EEV is back in the side.
- The side has been cleaned up.
- Still want to run Huge Rev/Starlight, but I still don't know what to drop (I might just make the deck 41).
RĘVES
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
freon_ninja
freo (n_n) inja

although i'm not religious at all the story in the beginning was beautiful
Life flows on within you... and without you.
./ \
.\ /
./_\
freon_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
05pathanz
₪ ř lll ·o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freon_ninja View Post
although i'm not religious at all the story in the beginning was beautiful
XD
You realise the quote is from Dead Space? It's basically telling everyone to accept the Necromorph Virus.
RĘVES
Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
freon_ninja
freo (n_n) inja

i knew it was from something but none the less it is a beautiful quote
Life flows on within you... and without you.
./ \
.\ /
./_\
freon_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #9
05pathanz
₪ ř lll ·o.

I'm thinking of dropping the Fiendish Chain for another copy of Memory Loss.
RĘVES