Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Blackfish
• Ophions Legend •

Blackfish is on a distinguished road
Default Which is the best Exodia deck for March 2013 list?

So i am in the process of building a competitive exodia deck for the march 2013 list that's effective, and i came across a million different types of the build.

So far i have discovered:

Standard Exodia

Destiny Hero Exodia

Dragon Draw Exodia

Appropriate Exodia

Dark World Exodia FTK

Inmato Exodia

WattExodia FTK

Worm Exodia

Hope for Escape Exodia

Spellbook Exodia

and that's about how many builds i have discovered. with what the top tier decks are at this point, what do you think the strongest and most consistent build to run?

ALSO: if you would like to see a decklist of a certain exodia deck, just ask and i will edit the OP with decklists.

Sig by Twisted Keyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKagome View Post
Senseker's final post reminded me of those farting clouds in Super Paper Mario...

Last edited by Blackfish : 04-28-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Blackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
966socho
Child of Magic

966socho is on a distinguished road

Define Standard. I'm assuming it's just Library abuse?

Just about any draw loop can become an Exodia deck. Off of the top of my head, there is Heart of the Underdog Exodia, Bistro+Battle Searcher Exodia, X-Saber Exodia, Gateway of the Six Samurai Exodia, and Gishki Loop Exodia. Of course, this doesn't mean that they have any amount of consistency.

There are a few notable ones that you didn't list though. One is Hope for Escape Exodia, with the ability to side/main Self-Destruct Button with ease.

If we ever get the Chibi Elemental Dragons in the TCG, E-Dragon Exodia could be a thing. Super Rejuv with Hand Destruction makes a mean turbo draw engine, while giving you beaters to protect yourself while waiting for limbs.

My current favorite is Spellbook Exodia. You have the option of beating down your opponent with Junon if gathering the limbs seems unfavorable. And no one sees it coming until they destroy your first Star Hall. Go find it in the Exodia thread buried in here somewhere.
966socho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
Blackfish
• Ophions Legend •

Quote:
Originally Posted by 966socho View Post
Define Standard. I'm assuming it's just Library abuse?

Just about any draw loop can become an Exodia deck. Off of the top of my head, there is Heart of the Underdog Exodia, Bistro+Battle Searcher Exodia, X-Saber Exodia, Gateway of the Six Samurai Exodia, and Gishki Loop Exodia. Of course, this doesn't mean that they have any amount of consistency.

There are a few notable ones that you didn't list though. One is Hope for Escape Exodia, with the ability to side/main Self-Destruct Button with ease.

If we ever get the Chibi Elemental Dragons in the TCG, E-Dragon Exodia could be a thing. Super Rejuv with Hand Destruction makes a mean turbo draw engine, while giving you beaters to protect yourself while waiting for limbs.

My current favorite is Spellbook Exodia. You have the option of beating down your opponent with Junon if gathering the limbs seems unfavorable. And no one sees it coming until they destroy your first Star Hall. Go find it in the Exodia thread buried in here somewhere.

yeah, standard is pretty much library abuse to draw cards.

i added hope and spellbook exodia to the main OP, and i like the other ones you posted about, it seems that you can make an exodia deck out of just about anything with a good draw engine.

what do you think would be the most consistent at this point with the meta?

Sig by Twisted Keyblade

Quote:
Senseker's final post reminded me of those farting clouds in Super Paper Mario...
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
966socho
Child of Magic

966socho is on a distinguished road

Honestly? None of them are going to be at all consistent in the competitive scene. After game one, if you won, you're going second and the side is going to destroy you. The fastest builds suffer against either Decree or Macro, and the slower ones can't pack enough protection against today's meta decks. An experienced player could stop you cold with a well-timed Mind Crush. You can't side in much to help you counter those counters in fear of losing consistency.
966socho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Blackfish
• Ophions Legend •

Quote:
Originally Posted by 966socho View Post
The fastest builds suffer against either Decree or Macro, and the slower ones can't pack enough protection against today's meta decks.

not necessarily, if you plan exodia around todays meta, it could work extremely well. just side againts what you know your opponents would side in against exodia, and everything will work out.

Sig by Twisted Keyblade

Quote: