Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Default Bujin aka Yamato.dek

Control deck with potential of being Meta? I couldn't miss that!
I think of it as a mixture of Pacman and Six Sams. You slowly build up momentum and at some point you are absolutely undefeatable, but it also relies on stun cards(mainly the turtle) and can toolbox it's way out of any situation by ultilizing the Relics.
The main problem, like in any stun deck is when you don't manage to get into your "boss" monster quickly. The deck is also pretty slow and lacks explosive plays.
The props are that you combine 4 honests with the immunity from targeting and the ability to pop your opponents stuff. Good huh?

Anyways, this is the build I've been testing, tell me what you think

DN link for those who are bored to check out each card seperately:
http://i.imgur.com/3nBuiyY.png

Quote:
Monsters:12
[3] Bujin - Yamato
[3] Bujin Relic - Habakiri
[2] Bujin Relic - Hetsuka
[2] Bujin Relic - Murakumo
[1] Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
[1] Honest

Spells: 14
[3] Fire Formation - Tenki
[2] Pot of Duality
[1] Foolish Burial
[3] Mystical Space Typhoon
[2] Forbidden Lance
[1] Heavy Storm
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Rise Of The Bujin no more links allowed
I'm only running one Rise because it conflicts with the basic strategy of the deck, keeping Yamata/Emperor on the field that is.

Traps: 14
[2] Call Of The Haunted
[3] Fiendish Chain
[2] Bottomless Trap Hole
[2] Mirror Force
[3] Dimensional Prison
[1] Solemn Warning
[1] Solemn Judgment

Anyways, tell me what you think about the build and also rate!

Additional Comment:

bump________

Last edited by Rescue-Caterpillar : 05-09-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Rescue-Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Crucify
I Own Swag.

I'd add Vivvid Knight, he adds a lot to the deck in terms of protecting Yamato.

She asked me why my drawers silk,
I told that trick versace.
Crucify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
bambooking1
Sig making god.

I like the card effects in the deck, do you know if these will be common or are from a structure deck? Also, it would be helpful to those viewing the deck list to attach a link to the trap card.
bambooking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
homerowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revives View Post
Even more useful in protecting Yamato, and actually having monsters to play with (3 tenki/2 duality is not enough search power to run 12 monsters) would be having 2 of the deck's best cards, the literal sword and shield, at 3 instead of two as they are right now. (Referring to Hetsuka, and Murakumo).
homerowed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerowed View Post
Even more useful in protecting Yamato, and actually having monsters to play with (3 tenki/2 duality is not enough search power to run 12 monsters) would be having 2 of the deck's best cards, the literal sword and shield, at 3 instead of two as they are right now. (Referring to Hetsuka, and Murakumo).
3 Tenki + 12 monsters= 15
fine with me. control decks can get away with a low monster count. The grave relics at 3 is just pure overkill, they are bad standalone cards and they have no further use outside of protecting Yamato. I have never found myself needing three, note that I can also recycle with Appartment Apparition

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooking1 View Post
I like the card effects in the deck, do you know if these will be common or are from a structure deck? Also, it would be helpful to those viewing the deck list to attach a link to the trap card.
These will be in the next set after Tachyon Galaxy, Judgment of the Light.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revives View Post
Yeah I know, he is kinda made for this deck.
I don't like him. He does not have any function here, the relics do all the work. The only thing he is better at, is that he removes Yamato from the field, thus protecting him from ALL attacks and ALL card effects for that turn, something the relics can't do. But hey, that's why I run so many traps...
Anyways I would definetely side him for the Mermail and Dragon match-up, but I don't feel he is that good maindecked. Personal preference

Last edited by Rescue-Caterpillar : 04-26-2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
-Noah-
~Thy Ruler~

Whats the extra look like? Vivid would help greatly in here. And thoughts on Flying "C"
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...9#post29081999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNYPE View Post
I personally think Incarnates are pretty terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastamancer View Post
Ugh, please don't use the term "chirping". Every time you do, a mother drowns her baby.
-Noah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Noah- View Post
Whats the extra look like? Vivid would help greatly in here. And thoughts on Flying "C"
Have no problem vs Verz, the deck this card mainly hurts. I wouldn't mind some help against rabbit though, but I would certainly not maindeck it. Extra is generic rank 4s + Emperor. Pretty standard. No need to show it to you. The deck goes into Emperor 90% of the time. I think I made my point about Vivvit.

Additional Comment:

Made changes to the deck
- Dark Hole
- Fiendish Chain
+2 CotH
it has been testing amazingly. Makes XYZing so much easier and also helps recycling Yamata. You can also revive Emperor with it, he can still attack every monster your opponent controls

Additional Comment:

le bump

Last edited by Rescue-Caterpillar : 04-27-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Regiruler
Expensive

No orochi? The card ends games and can get you a final push over a stall wall.

Personally I use 3 bujin rise because they make for nice backup plans and you can't really rely on the one. If you have a well-protected susano, the dead card doesn't really matter as you are in an advantageous position.
Regiruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regiruler View Post
No orochi? The card ends games and can get you a final push over a stall wall.

Personally I use 3 bujin rise because they make for nice backup plans and you can't really rely on the one. If you have a well-protected susano, the dead card doesn't really matter as you are in an advantageous position.
So I should maindeck an Orochi for that ****ed up situtation when my opponent is left with 1000 lp and has zenmaines on the field? Why not make Blackship of Corn? Sorry m8, orochi is bad.

Dead cards always matter. If you are in an advantageous position, you want to maintain that advantage and a dead draw does not help. Allthough it will regain you the advantage once you use it, you must first win the advantage to play it, so I focused more on winning the advantage, than having a back up plan if I lose it. That's what a control deck is all about. You could get away with 2, but 3 is definetely an overkill. It cloggs your opening hands and prevents you from setting up.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
RaiXUchiha
Madolche King

Deck looks solid to me. i hope ocg starts playing this but i doubt that will happen.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiXUchiha View Post
Deck looks solid to me. i hope ocg starts playing this but i doubt that will happen.
Probably after the dragons and spellcasters get whiped out of the picture and we Return to something like the last septembers format. Till then, it's just them

Additional Comment:

le bump

Additional Comment:

made changes to the deck
Apparition is gone for good
In its place I added a third Fiendish and a third Prison
Bumping for suggestions

Additional Comment:

bump

Additional Comment:

I spelled Yamato wrong. Changed it the OP. Is it possible to also fix it in the link? HALP

Last edited by Rescue-Caterpillar : 05-01-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #12
havingfunz

xyz reborn, Double Summon, also Forbidden Dress might be better, except against Creature Swap, i think -600 dmg only, he isn't destroyed by anything including monster eff and if he is targetted by anything u got the turtle

Last edited by havingfunz : 05-01-2013 at 10:14 AM.
havingfunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingfunz View Post
xyz reborn, Double Summon, also Forbidden Dress might be better, except against Creature Swap, i think -600 dmg only, he isn't destroyed by anything including monster eff and if he is targetted by anything u got the turtle
Xyz Reborn? I use xyz's like 1/2 games not even each game.
Double Summon? -2 for an Xyz? No thanks
Dress isn't a good idea, Lance and turtle protect from anything except like JD and Blackrose.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
havingfunz

um..I'm confused how do u have explosive finishers if u don't have orochi, pot of avaraice or armament apparition, habakiri and honest are good but what about six sams, fire king, evilswarm and other top tier decks....

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue-Caterpillar View Post
So I should maindeck an Orochi for that ****ed up situtation when my opponent is left with 1000 lp and has zenmaines on the field? Why not make Blackship of Corn? Sorry m8, orochi is bad.

Dead cards always matter. If you are in an advantageous position, you want to maintain that advantage and a dead draw does not help. Allthough it will regain you the advantage once you use it, you must first win the advantage to play it, so I focused more on winning the advantage, than having a back up plan if I lose it. That's what a control deck is all about. You could get away with 2, but 3 is definetely an overkill. It cloggs your opening hands and prevents you from setting up.
Um.....I don't know what your on about but with habakiri and orochi u can have an direct damage hit of either 3600 for yamata and 4800 for susano, and its not just against zenmaines or defensive deck, helps a lot against swarm decks too especially if swarm monsters have high attack, because honest allows your monster to stick with that attack gain till end of turn, but habakiri effect goes away after damage step, so if your opponent has 2 or more +2400 monsters on field then u would have to have 2 habakiri in your hand to take them out.

Last edited by havingfunz : 05-01-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
havingfunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
Rescue-Caterpillar
Used String Shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingfunz View Post
um..I'm confused how do u have explosive finishers if u don't have orochi, pot of avaraice or armament apparition, habakiri and honest are good but what about six sams, fire king, evilswarm and other top tier decks....
Pot of Avarice is bad here. I have almost never found myself with 5 monsters in the Grave. And even if I do, it's really late game, making PoA highly situational. I have tried Apparition. Good card, but I prefer Call over it.
The deck just wrecks sams and Evilswarm. It has a bad matchup vs Fire Kings but they are kinda irrelevant. Sams are also not high Tier

Additional Comment:

bump this up

Additional Comment:

Le bump

Last edited by Rescue-Caterpillar : 05-09-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost