Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Urnighter
Simply Divine
 
Urnighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Citadel
Posts: 3,219
iTrader: 0
Default

Good name name is good.
__________________

~By Twisted Keyblade~
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Urnighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnighter View Post
Good name name is good.
Thanks.
__________________
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Urnighter
Simply Divine
 
Urnighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Citadel
Posts: 3,219
iTrader: 0
Default

No Tiras? I find he is my most used Rank 5.
__________________

~By Twisted Keyblade~
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Urnighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnighter View Post
No Tiras? I find he is my most used Rank 5.
I rarely use rank 5's. And if I had to chose I use Volcrasuarus. What I am hoping for is when we get our new support, I can take Birdman and Rabbit out and then take the Syncros out. That way I can fit in more of the XYZs.

Additional Comment:

Updated with Lord of Tachyon cards.

Additional Comment:

Updated after testing.
__________________

Last edited by GKP22 : 05-14-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Urnighter
Simply Divine
 
Urnighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Citadel
Posts: 3,219
iTrader: 0
Default

Moar bunny.
__________________

~By Twisted Keyblade~
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Urnighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnighter View Post
Moar bunny.
Trying it out without Bunny.
__________________
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
Xephyr Kaji
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0
Default

In the bunny build, how fair Macro Cosmos?
Xephyr Kaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #9
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephyr Kaji View Post
In the bunny build, how fair Macro Cosmos?
Not well. Banishing our Equips just hurts us to much.
__________________
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Dv2270390
Registered User
 
Dv2270390's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Redlands,CA
Age: 23
Posts: 104
iTrader: 0
Default

Is Medrauts effect able to be used twice in one turn? In other words does it reset his effect when the noble arms is detached and then reattached later in the turn? Or is it only once per turn period by that card.
Dv2270390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv2270390 View Post
Is Medrauts effect able to be used twice in one turn? In other words does it reset his effect when the noble arms is detached and then reattached later in the turn? Or is it only once per turn period by that card.
Does he leave the field?

If not, then no.

Here's a scenario that is plausible though.

MP1:

Summon Medraut, equip, pull laundsallyn, trib laundsallyn, get arms. Now Atk, opponents trap/spell, medraut dies & goes to GY.

MP2:

Activate Monster Reborn, Reborn that same Medraut, equip, get Knight/Laundsallyn. go from there.

In that way you can technically use that same Medraut's effect twice, but he would have need to leave the field first for his effect to "reset".

Last edited by BPortugal : 06-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
magicians4ever
Master of Spells
 
magicians4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPortugal View Post
Does he leave the field?

If not, then no.

Here's a scenario that is plausible though.

MP1:

Summon Medraut, equip, pull laundsallyn, trib laundsallyn, get arms. Now Atk, opponents trap/spell, medraut dies & goes to GY.

MP2:

Activate Monster Reborn, Reborn that same Medraut, equip, get Knight/Laundsallyn. go from there.

In that way you can technically use that same Medraut's effect twice, but he would have need to leave the field first for his effect to "reset".
So, say i SS launds with medrauts eff and then tibute launds for his own eff. Can i then play Monster Reborn, get launds back and use its eff. again?
__________________
Spellbooks
magicians4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicians4ever View Post
So, say i SS launds with medrauts eff and then tibute launds for his own eff. Can i then play Monster Reborn, get launds back and use its eff. again?
No.

The difference here is in the way the "once per turn" is worded on the cards.

Mordred specifically does not reference the card's name in his effect as tied to the effect not being able to be used more than once per turn.

Quote:
"Once per turn, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position, except "Noble Knight Medraut", and if you do, destroy 1 Equip Spell Card you control."

Whereas laundsallyn specifically states that his effect cannot be used more than once a turn and references the card's name tied to the effect.

Quote:
"You can only use this effect of "Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn" once per turn. "

The difference in the wording makes a big difference on why you can activate Medraut's effect again after he's left the field (resetting his effect) as long as you can fulfill the requirements. While no matter if Laundsallyn leaves the field and returns later on, why you can no longer use his effect for that turn.

Last edited by BPortugal : 06-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.
BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
magicians4ever
Master of Spells
 
magicians4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPortugal View Post
No.

The difference here is in the way the "once per turn" is worded on the cards.

Mordred specifically does not reference himself in his effect.
"Once per turn, if you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position, except "Noble Knight Medraut", and if you do, destroy 1 Equip Spell Card you control."


Whereas laundsallyn specifically states that his effect cannot be used more than once a turn.
"You can only use this effect of "Ignoble Knight of Black Laundsallyn" once per turn. "


The difference in the wording makes a big difference on why you can activate Medraut's effect again after he's left the field (resetting his effect) as long as you can fulfill the requirements. While no matter if Laundsallyn leaves the field and returns later on, why you can no longer use his effect for that turn.
Ah ok. Would be sweet if it was the other way though
__________________
Spellbooks
magicians4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicians4ever View Post
Ah ok. Would be sweet if it was the other way though
Lol had to edit it again so as not to be confusing. (your quote is the original)

But yes, that would be, but unfortunately that might be a tad OP seeing as as long as you can pay Laundsallyn's cost to SS you can bring him back repeatedly in one turn.

Which by the way is a legal move, but you can't activate his search effect again once its been used.
BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
magicians4ever
Master of Spells
 
magicians4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPortugal View Post
Lol had to edit it again so as not to be confusing. (your quote is the original)

But yes, that would be, but unfortunately that might be a tad OP seeing as as long as you can pay Laundsallyn's cost to SS you can bring him back repeatedly in one turn.

Which by the way is a legal move, but you can't activate his search effect again once its been used.
it would be a bit OP, yes. Rabbit for 2 arty's and send One for One to grave to SS launds every time and thus use his eff. twice. 2 arms extra to equip to your medraut.
__________________
Spellbooks
magicians4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicians4ever View Post
it would be a bit OP, yes. Rabbit for 2 arty's and send One for One to grave to SS launds every time and thus use his eff. twice. 2 arms extra to equip to your medraut.
And then....

BAM!

CED.

BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
magicians4ever
Master of Spells
 
magicians4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPortugal View Post
And then....

BAM!

CED.

a pain i know all to well.

Additional Comment:

still, got the answer to that problem though

The Round Table of Camelot
XP
__________________
Spellbooks

Last edited by magicians4ever : 06-04-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
magicians4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
Dv2270390
Registered User
 
Dv2270390's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Redlands,CA
Age: 23
Posts: 104
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPortugal View Post
Does he leave the field?

If not, then no.

Here's a scenario that is plausible though.

MP1:

Summon Medraut, equip, pull laundsallyn, trib laundsallyn, get arms. Now Atk, opponents trap/spell, medraut dies & goes to GY.

MP2:

Activate Monster Reborn, Reborn that same Medraut, equip, get Knight/Laundsallyn. go from there.

In that way you can technically use that same Medraut's effect twice, but he would have need to leave the field first for his effect to "reset".
For sure thanks! just wanted to make sure, buddy of mine does that constantly -.-.
but anyways i really hope they release more support and make this an even better archtype

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKP22 View Post
Trying it out without Bunny.
How is that going so far? is pure noble build doing well? i tried it maybe im playing it wrong but it feels a little sluggish

Last edited by Dv2270390 : 06-04-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dv2270390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #20
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv2270390 View Post
For sure thanks! just wanted to make sure, buddy of mine does that constantly -.-.
but anyways i really hope they release more support and make this an even better archtype

Additional Comment:


How is that going so far? is pure noble build doing well? i tried it maybe im playing it wrong but it feels a little sluggish
Just let him know Medraut has to leave the field to be "reset".
(Technically, it could also be flipped face down and then face up again somehow..)


I run Rabbitless, set artorigus to 2, and havnt noticed any sluggishness.

Then again I run the Summoner Monk/Kagetokago engine also, with Allure of Darkness, and 3 Reckless Greed .... so.... lol
BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #21
MeddlingMage
Master of the RKO!
 
MeddlingMage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Waynesboro PA. Decks: Not right now. Currently on a break!!!
Posts: 21,198
iTrader: 91 (99%)
Default

I like the deck, man. Nice job. I just got one question, is Photon Thrasher really good in the deck? Or is it not needed.
__________________

THE INFESTATION WILL CONSUME YOU!!!!

Sig done by: Kuro vi Lolitannia
MeddlingMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
BPortugal
Pojo Veteran
 
BPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadowrealm, TX
Posts: 2,935
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMage View Post
I like the deck, man. Nice job. I just got one question, is Photon Thrasher really good in the deck? Or is it not needed.
You ask me its not really needed.
BPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #23
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

As a general response to all the above, the deck is working pretty well. The only time I have a problem with it is when I don't see a Medraut for an entire game, which happens from time to time. Until we get a true Stratos like searcher that problem will just be here. Tho right now I am testing a build with Upstart Goblin to try and increase my Medraut draw. Doing fairly well so far.

Additional Comment:

Yesterday I went undefeated at locals against Darkworld, Heretic, Battlin Boxe, spellcounter and a Photon Galaxy deck.
__________________

Last edited by GKP22 : 06-07-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #24
magicians4ever
Master of Spells
 
magicians4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKP22 View Post
As a general response to all the above, the deck is working pretty well. The only time I have a problem with it is when I don't see a Medraut for an entire game, which happens from time to time. Until we get a true Stratos like searcher that problem will just be here. Tho right now I am testing a build with Upstart Goblin to try and increase my Medraut draw. Doing fairly well so far.

Additional Comment:

Yesterday I went defeated at locals against Darkworld, Heretic, Battlin Boxe, spellcounter and a Photon Galaxy deck.
I know the feeling. I'm getting more beat than I win with this deck. Still, i can see its potential and what its flaws are, and those can all be solved with new support.

Also, GKP, that photon galaxy deck seems interesting. I've been looking through their thread here and it seems like they spam alot of rank 8's and above. Am i right?
__________________
Spellbooks
magicians4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
GKP22
Once & Future King
 
GKP22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Camelot
Posts: 4,941
iTrader: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicians4ever View Post
I know the feeling. I'm getting more beat than I win with this deck. Still, i can see its potential and what its flaws are, and those can all be solved with new support.

Also, GKP, that photon galaxy deck seems interesting. I've been looking through their thread here and it seems like they spam alot of rank 8's and above. Am i right?
Ya. And 4s and 5s. Its a fun deck.

Additional Comment:

Also that's suppose to say undefeated. Apparently my phone auto corrected it.
__________________

Last edited by GKP22 : 06-07-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GKP22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.