Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
RQPegasus

Location: Canada, Somewhere Decks: Hieratic Ruler, Wind-Up, Mecha Phantom Beast
RQPegasus is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Ultra Consistent Ninja deck list 2013!

Hey Pojo!

**Lots of new updated info for all previous subscribers**
If you are looking for a powerful, adaptable, an flexible new archetype then this is your build*

So I sat down one day and I told myself I would create an extremely flexible and powerful Ninja build. Seeing all the new 'Armor Ninja', and 'Armor Ninjitsu' cards. So I went online and looked up a bunch of different Ninja builds, but there wasn't one I really thought maximized the Ninjas to their full potential. So I started from scratch on Dueling Network, and after months of tearing and rebuilding the deck I finally finished! The deck outputs both power, flexibility and above all its ability to adapt to the different game environments. The deck competes well against Lightsworn, Lswarm, Dragon plants, Hieratics, and a bunch of other popular meta. So without further delay here is the deck that brought me much success:

Monsters:*16

Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo*x3
Upstart Golden Ninja*x3
Earth Armor Ninja*x2
Flame Armor Ninja*x2
White Dragon Ninja*x1
Photon Thrasher x2
Uria, Lord of Searing Flames*x1
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning*

Spells:*10

Pot of Duality*x3
Warrior Returning alive x1
Reinforcement of the Army*
Dark Hole
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Forbidden Lance x2

Traps:*16

Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation*x2
Armor Ninjitsu Art of Freezing*x2
Armor Ninjitsu Art of Rust Mist*x2
Ninjitsu Art of Duplication*x2
Fiendish Chain x2
Bottomless Trap Hole*
Call Of The Haunted*x3
Solemn Warning
Malevolent Catastrophe x2

Last publish I was lazy with the extra deck (sorry for that) I hammered down on that this format. Mainly because my knowledge and experience of the game has increased significantly since I last posted. Secondly I think the extra deck is extremely important in the deck list and ignoring it would be a waste of a thread. So here it is! I must tell you that this extra deck I hand-picked, with help from some of my friends. It has really mended into the flexible play style that I offered in this decklist. Probably 3-4 hours of play testing this extra deck and frequent change-ups. So if you are going to look at one thing on this thread I suggest taking a look at the extra.

Extra:

Number 61: Volcasaurus x1
Tiras Keeper of Genesis x1
Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja*x1
Blade Armor Ninja*x2
Heroic Champion Kusanagi‎ x1
Vylon Disigma*x1
Number 69: Heraldry Crest x1
Number 39: Utopia*x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Starliege Paladynamo x1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn*x1
Heroic Champion - Excalibur*x2
Steelswarm Roach x1

There is not one simple explanation to the build.... I designed it to be flexible and adaptable to your opponent.

There are 4 main conceivable plays:

White Dragon Ninja

If you draw/duality Hanzo, normal summon him, get his search effect to search for Ninjitsu Art Of Super - Transformation. Then set it and another trap as a diversion, and end your turn. As soon as your opponent summons a level 3 or higher monster you can immediately flip Super - Transformation send both his monster and Hanzo to the grave to bring out*White Dragon Ninja from your Deck (Super-Transformation works on*Stardust Dragon!). Not only did you send your opponents monster to the grave but you also got out a 2700 attack beater. Additionally White Dragon Ninja's effect protects your backrow.

Upstart FTK/OTK

This can bring out an FTK/OTK that is rather consistent due to the fact that you can easily draw up this hand almost every game opening way to more FTK combos. To start the play, all you need in hand is*Upstart Golden Ninja*and 3 trap cards. Very common to draw this because the deck is very trap heavy. From here you simply summon Upstart, activate his effect to send a trap from your hand to the grave to special summon one lv 4 or lower Ninja monster from your deck in either face-up defense or face down defense. So you search for*Upstart Golden Ninja*to special summon in faceup defence. Then you activate its effect to special summon another*Upstart Golden Ninja, sending another trap from your hand to the grave. Lastly you activate the last Upstart eff and so on... allowing you to summon another Ninja, This time you can search for Hanzo the S.S triggers his effect to search any ninja to your hand. Overlay for 2*Blade Armor Ninja's detaching Hanzo and Upstart to the grave to give both Blade Armor Ninjas The ability to attack twice. Then you have chaos fodder in your grave. So if you have a chaos monster in your hand you can bring it out banishing your opponents monster) and then deal 8800LP. (Warning: This is very aggressive play, don't overextend unless you are sure that you will maintain your field presence for the end of the game.). Upstart really pops out quick wins were your opponent doesn't expect it, and brings shear power to the deck.

Upstart FT Lockdown

This first turn lock I created myself, very fun to pull off and is quite effective. G1 locks are generally more successful just because people tend to side in spot removal, from time to time. The lock works similarly to the upstart FTK, summon upstart bring out upstart etc.. bring out hanzo, SS effect triggers; searches a ninja, Now from here you can bring out 2 Rank 4 Xyz, first bring out Steelswarm Roach, his effect will prevent your opponent from special summoning lv 5 and higher monsters. Next bring out Heroic Champion: Gandiva, his effect prevents your opponent from special summoning level 4 or lower monsters. A complete monster lock, basically shuts down any deck that relies on monster advantage to win. In total this play is a -3 similar to upstart FTK. Not recommended for G2 because your opponent will find a way to side against this combo, and if he does you will be in a tight situation.

Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja Indestructibility

Number 12 is probably one of the better Rank 5 XyZ monsters out there. This card is the only reason I run Earth and Flame in the first place. Very easy to summon by simply having*Earth Armor Ninja*and Flame Armor Ninja*in hand, while your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters. You special summon*Earth Armor Ninja*from your hand and normal summon Flame Armor activating his effect to increase his level to 5. Overlaying for Number 12. You can literally sit on your ass with this card and she will output 2400atk and can't be destroyed. So you can use this to keep drawing cards until you draw up an Upstart or a Hanzo to fuel your upcoming plays. When Number 12 fights alongside White Dragon or*Blade Armor Ninja*your opponent is hurting because while you have Crimson with XyZ materials all your Ninjas become Indestructible. You can also combine the Upstart play with this combo by starting with the special summon of*Earth Armor Ninja, bring out the 3 Upstarts and the last Ninja you bring out is Flame Armor, activating his effect you will end up with 3 Lv4's and 2 Lv5's. So you can go into Blade and Crimson right off the bat, and still have a left over Upstart for next turn combos.

Anyways there are numerous other combos you can pull off with the deck. But that is up to the pilot to discover. BE CREATIVE!!!

Update Explanation:

Forbidden Lance – protection for upstart FTK and upstart lock as well a great general tech to get over big monsters.

Photon Thrasher – To compete to faster decks of the format I added a little boost through Photon Thrasher, he allows for an extra lv 4 Light attribute warrior, to help go into some great Xyz monsters. Great card to summon pre-upstart.

Malevolent Catastrophe – Man this card is epic this format, people who think they can set 4, go to hell because this card ***** your opponent. When they attack you flip this and they loose their entire hand. You have to be careful with this card because if used incorrectly could mean minuses for the pilot. Make sure you have little no important set spell/traps when you use this. TIP: If White Dragon is live you can use malevolent without worrying about your set cards.

Fiendish Chain – There shouldn’t be a need to explain this card. Its a ***** this format... run it. PS this card doesn’t stop card effects that resolve off the field just to make that clear. (This includes Cardcar D)

3 Duality? - Its not because the deck is not consistent, its mainly because Duality - Hanzo is so great. Generates pluses where there is none.

Thanks for reading my thread! Subscribe for more, and comment if you have any further questions about the deck, or submit possible change ups to make it even better. Stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited by RQPegasus : 10-15-2013 at 06:57 AM.
RQPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
966socho
Child of Magic

966socho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Solemn Warning...can't touch your XyZ[sic] monsters
Why won't they just warning Upstart Golden Ninja? Then you are out one trap card and without a play this turn. Getting TT or Veilered will hurt a lot. Ebisu can only Return an exact amount, meaning 4 if you are going for the OTK like you said, not 3 not 2 not 1. I'm not going to set 4 without any answers to that kind of a play.

Some Extra Deck variety would be nice. Also, it seems that you have no way of retaining card advantage outside of Hanzo, so you will running out of steam fairly quickly.

By the way, this is the Strategy Forum, where people discuss ways to play different deck types. This is more of a "Advanced" Deck Discussion for a single deck.
966socho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
RQPegasus

Agreed No deck is perfect, but if you can't overextend with the build, You normally have a hand with 2 different plays, so if one fails you have a second safer option. And how can I switch the thread out of startegy?

Additional Comment:

Yea Ebisu effect has to meet exact requirements. he is still a toolbox, for example you can bring out Upstart and activate his eff to bring out Ebisu to Return one S/T to hand. Or bring out enough Ninjas to Return equal number of cards to your opponents hand

Last edited by RQPegasus : 04-10-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
HazyWazy

HazyWazy is on a distinguished road

wouldn't Forbidden Lance help protect your upstart chain
HazyWazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
RQPegasus

Yep... Just looking for room... the deck is trap reliant so compromising trap cards is an issue

RQPegasus
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
HazyWazy

HazyWazy is on a distinguished road

you could possibly remove ebisu, i mean is he that useful to your deck
HazyWazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
RQPegasus

He is a toolbox. But he does make the deck slower :/ ill see to it

Additional Comment:

Taking Ebisu out of the build. He no longer offers the support i need within the play, Limits the deck as well

Thanks for the tips

RQPegasus

Additional Comment:

Hey I need support for a new Archetype called Chaos Armor Ninjas
... A combination of both Armor Ninjas XYZ power and the chaos Ninja agressivity.

RQPegasus

Last edited by RQPegasus : 04-29-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Vortegon
Giga Veteran

Vortegon is on a distinguished road

The only problem i see would be little to no draw power =(
you could use magical planter and allure if you'd like
i personally try to fit some form of draw power into all my decks
pretty solid and interesting build =) i don't see too many people use freezing, rust mist, and duplication but i dont think those are bad cards

Why Konami?
Vortegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
RQPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortegon View Post
The only problem i see would be little to no draw power =(
you could use magical planter and allure if you'd like
i personally try to fit some form of draw power into all my decks
pretty solid and interesting build =) i don't see too many people use freezing, rust mist, and duplication but i dont think those are bad cards
Allure would be good if I ran more Darks because it will just end up being dead, but i am thinking of more duality because duality, Hanzo is just amazing thanks for your feedback and i will be updating for the new banlist within the next few days... stay tuned.

"...Your sin is your very being..." -Pandora Hearts
RQPegasus
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
daggerdawg
Just Got Here

daggerdawg is on a distinguished road

How about a Senior Silver Ninja plus Desert Sunlight for late game plays? I know it hurts the consistency a tad, but you could pretty easily do some pretty crazy stuff. Call Of The Haunted on Hanzo, then use his effect to bring Silver to your hand, and tribute set Silver with Hanzo. Next turn flip summon Silver. If some of your plays got stopped and you have a White Dragon Ninja, Number 12, Blade Armor Ninja, etc. in grave, you could pull off a quick win. After summoning, activate Desert Sunlight and wait a turn, then change battle positions and attack.

Now that I've thought about it, this is just too slow and situational of a play. I could test it out on dueling network, but it's just doesn't fit into the deck and wouldn't ever get any use. Well it was a thought, maybe i'll come up with something else. I'm trying to make some alterations to personalize the deck, I hate cookie-cutting, but its hard to find any ways to change it What about adding two Reborn Tengu's, just for some added variety on the upstart searches and hanzo plays?

Last edited by daggerdawg : 10-13-2013 at 06:29 PM.
daggerdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
SpeedTrapEvaded
Just Got Here

SpeedTrapEvaded is on a distinguished road

can Super-Transformation synchro summon?
SpeedTrapEvaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
966socho
Child of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrapEvaded View Post
can Super-Transformation synchro summon?
What? No, of course not. Super Trans summons from the Main Deck, and it doesn't say "Perform a Synchro Summon" on it, so it doesn't.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
SpeedTrapEvaded
Just Got Here

SpeedTrapEvaded is on a distinguished road

Lol that what i thought but i was confused cuz op said "(Super-Transformation works on*Stardust Dragon!)."

Last edited by SpeedTrapEvaded : 10-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.
SpeedTrapEvaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #14
966socho
Child of Magic

Quote:
Lol that what i thought but i was confused cuz op said (Super-Transformation works on*Stardust Dragon!).
The OP is saying that if your opponent has one, you can use Super Trans to get rid of it.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
RQPegasus

Quote:
Lol that what i thought but i was confused cuz op said "(Super-Transformation works on*Stardust Dragon!)."
Sorry should of been more specific. My Mistake

RQPegasus
Old 10-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
daggerdawg
Just Got Here

Why use 2 super-transformations with only 1 target (1 White Dragon Ninja)?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #17
966socho
Child of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerdawg View Post
Why use 2 super-transformations with only 1 target (1 White Dragon Ninja)?
You can discard it with Upstart Golden Ninja.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
daggerdawg
Just Got Here

Ah, same for duplications then? I don't see any other use for them.

Additional Comment:

Here's a Ninja/Heroics deck I've been working on: http://i.imgur.com/vluT5wW.png

I need some feedback. It's capable of all of the ninja plays, except the Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja play. I took out the Earths and Flames because there just isn't any room, and I decided I could do without any rank 5 xyz's. The Thrashers, Goblindberge, and Butterspy are an engine for rank 4s that require 3 materials, such as Vylon Disigma and Heroic Champion - Kusanagi. The idea was variety; to have multiple combinations to get off the xyz's with several different hands. To list a few: SS Thrasher, NS Goblindberge, use his effect on anything possible in your hand = 3 level 4s; SS Thrasher, NS any level 4 in hand, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s; NS Goblindberge, use effect on anything possible in hand, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s; NS Heroic Challenger - Double Lance, use effect to search another Double Lance, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s. You can take this a step further and create an alternate method of summoning 2 Blade Armor Ninjas: SS Thrasher, NS Goblindberge OR Double Lance and activate effect, SS Butterspy = 4 level 4 warriors.

The deck is based around xyz's; that's why I think heroics will split well with ninjas. The idea is to use Heroic Challenger - Ambush Soldier to recycle Heroic Challenger - Extra Swords for extreme xyz plays. He is easily searched through Reinforce Truth, Call Of The Haunted, etc. The Swords of Revealing Light is a way to keep him alive in case I draw him rather than search from deck/graveyard. Heroic Challenger - Clasp Sword is a pseudo-extra sword, he is used to search the second extra when only 1 is available for Ambush.

The rest should be self-explanatory, and the extra deck is under construction. Thoughts?

Last edited by daggerdawg : 10-19-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
RQPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerdawg View Post
Ah, same for duplications then? I don't see any other use for them.

Additional Comment:

Here's a Ninja/Heroics deck I've been working on: http://i.imgur.com/vluT5wW.png

I need some feedback. It's capable of all of the ninja plays, except the Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja play. I took out the Earths and Flames because there just isn't any room, and I decided I could do without any rank 5 xyz's. The Thrashers, Goblindberge, and Butterspy are an engine for rank 4s that require 3 materials, such as Vylon Disigma and Heroic Champion - Kusanagi. The idea was variety; to have multiple combinations to get off the xyz's with several different hands. To list a few: SS Thrasher, NS Goblindberge, use his effect on anything possible in your hand = 3 level 4s; SS Thrasher, NS any level 4 in hand, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s; NS Goblindberge, use effect on anything possible in hand, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s; NS Heroic Challenger - Double Lance, use effect to search another Double Lance, SS Butterspy = 3 level 4s. You can take this a step further and create an alternate method of summoning 2 Blade Armor Ninjas: SS Thrasher, NS Goblindberge OR Double Lance and activate effect, SS Butterspy = 4 level 4 warriors.

The deck is based around xyz's; that's why I think heroics will split well with ninjas. The idea is to use Heroic Challenger - Ambush Soldier to recycle Heroic Challenger - Extra Swords for extreme xyz plays. He is easily searched through Reinforce Truth, Call Of The Haunted, etc. The Swords of Revealing Light is a way to keep him alive in case I draw him rather than search from deck/graveyard. Heroic Challenger - Clasp Sword is a pseudo-extra sword, he is used to search the second extra when only 1 is available for Ambush.

The rest should be self-explanatory, and the extra deck is under construction. Thoughts?
Answering your first question: the duplication is there just in case the first transformation were to get lanced by your opp, That would instantly make your White Dragon Ninja in your deck dead, Secondly, it is fuel for upstart to use, Third, when in grave it counts towards your continous trap count for uria

For your deck...not Bad i never like to hit on creativity... your deck is very creative and honestly we need more people like that in this game. However its not a competitive deck. First:you need protection for your combos, Because you could have 4 lv 4 warriors live on the field and then a TT will force you too scoop. You need room for lance. Also i like the Reinforce Truth/call for ambush soldier, but drawing Reinforce Truth or cards for that combo early in the game when you have no heroics in the grave, it will mean minuses for you. You want to avoid ss from your hand as much as possible. Work on finding out the best way to special summon from the deck and adding to your hand as much as possible so you dont lose hand advantage.

RQPegasus