Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Phatnicity
Learning the Ropes

Phatnicity is on a distinguished road
Default Harpie Lady's 2013

Hey everyone. Lately, I've been fiddling with this variant of Harpie's over on DevPro, and have liked it. I've been going back and forth between a Dark Simorgh type of build, and the build I've listed below. I really like how the deck runs around Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones. I find it much better then running Pet Dragon, which can be cloggy most of the time. I've also been trying to run a build that goes along with utilizing Harpie Dancer 's effect to further the swarming potential of the deck. Let me know what y'all think and what might need testing. For the most part, its rather consistent.

Just the only thing is, you banish your Harpie's fast to get/keep Tempest on the field. So I've been thinking about running Necroface or siding Return from the Different Dimension as Judgment's cost is a bit steep to run two LP halving cards. But I could run a Megamorph for the lulz.

Onto the deck list;
Total Monster count: 19

x3 Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones
x3 Harpie Queen
x3 Harpie Channeler
x3 Harpie Dancer
x2 Harpie Lady 1
x2 Summoner Monk
x2 Lightning, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones
x1 Cyber Harpie Lady

Total Spell count: 15

x3 Hysteric Sign
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x2 Divine Wind of Mist Valley
x2 Terraforming
x1 Harpie's Hunting Ground
x1 Elegant Egotist
x1 Allure of Darkness
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm

Total Trap Count: 6

x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Dimensional Prison
x1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
x1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck Count: 15
x2 Mecha Phantom Beast Dragosack
x1 Number 11: Big Eye
x1 Gagaga Cowboy
x1 Lightning Chidori
x1 Sylphine, the sub-zero Siren
x1 Evigishki Merrowgeist
x1 Harpie's Pet Mirage Dragon
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Emeral Daigusto
x1 Number 16: Shock Master
x1 Evilswarm Ouroboros
x1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
x1 Mist Wurm

Some things I've been thinking about doing, have been to take out a teraforming for another Hunting Ground, and possibly Siding the MST for some more Traps, like Breakthrough Skill or either main or side Deck Effect Veiler or Maxx "C". Also as mentioned in the header, I need to be able to recycle cards from the banished zone, so alongside a needed Pot of Avarice, Necroface and possibly Return from the Different Dimension A Number 7: Lucky Straight might be in order too.

Just to run through why I only run 1 Elegant Egotist, its because I can search it from my deck or grave with Sign, making it somewhat unneeded to run any more then that, and again, you run through Harpie's really fast with keeping Tempest on the field too. The deck runs smoothly, able to try and keep field control rather consistently, but any help to consistency is appreciated.
Phatnicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

ArmadilloZ is on a distinguished road

Needs some Windrose and more Harpie's Pet Dragon.
ArmadilloZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
boots88
hehe boobs

boots88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloZ View Post
Needs some Windrose and more Harpie's Pet Dragon.
I disagree. Harpies don't have much grave manipulation and tempest is better than HPD.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

Telvin123 has a spectacular aura aboutTelvin123 has a spectacular aura about

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1102106

Here's my build. There are a few awesome plays in there that you should be aware of, and I also hope it coerces you to run Birdman and the Lv7 Synchros.

Anyways, 3 Tempest is just unnecessary. You say Pet Dragon clogs, but if you ever draw into another Tempest or draw into another one, then that will definitely be dead. I'd say it's fine at one, but if you're that reliant on it, (which you shouldn't be) leave it at 2.

Here are my changes:

-2 Tempest (1 Pet Dragon, 1 Tempest is fine imo)
-1 Harpie Queen (Should match the amount of Hunting Ground you run)
-2 Lightning
-2 MST (Hunting Ground is very searchable and gets the job done better in most scenarios. Side MST instead.)
- 1 Allure of Darkness (You only run 2 DARKs... How could you think this would work?)
- 1 Compulsory (Weak this format. Good in Divine builds, I know, but Solemn is better.)
- 2 Dimensional Prison

As for the Extra Deck, I'd advise you to look at mine for a good template.

+ 1 Hunting Ground
+ 2 Mist Valley Falcon (A powerful beatstick that gets over Thunder King Rai-Oh, Recycles Hysteric Sign, Hysteric Party. And he makes it much smoother and easier to Shift between Divine and Hunting Ground. And allows access to the best Synchro in this build: Mist Valley Thunder Lord.)
+ 2 Genex Ally Birdman (Dude, you need to trigger Divine Wind as much as possible. Plus, the Lv7 Synchos are pretty amazing, and can exceed with Channeler if the need for that arises.)
+ 1 Genex Blastfan (Gives you a plus when you summon it. Free hand advantage is always good, especially when it searches out a tuner.)
+ 2 Hysteric Party (I can't believe you neglected to run our themed Rekindling. For shame...)
+ 2 Breakthrough Skill (Makes sure that LADD, Jowgen, Ophion, and lots of other monsters don't get in your way. It's even decent fodder for Hysteric Party.)
+ 1 Pot of Avarice (Play the deck right, and you'll always wish you had this card.)

The two big differences between your deck and mine would probably be that you're more concerned with Rank 7s. But truthfully, only Channeler can do that with ease, so it's best to focus on your Rank 4s. We are one of the few decks that can make Shock Master 1st turn, so I'd abuse him more often if I was you, especially if you want to stand a chance against Prophecy and Elemental Dragons.

Please don't add stuff like Windrose or anything, as they are largely win-more. A nice tech you may want to consider is Quill Pen of Guilldos. It recycles your targets for Channeler, and then after that, it can do a variety of things. From reusing Divine Wind, triggering it's effect, bouncing an opponent's boss monster, it really is a multi use card.

Last edited by Telvin123 : 04-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Telvin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Phatnicity
Learning the Ropes

To be honest, the build listed is just a tweak of my Dark Simorgh build, hence the Allure and some missing cards, like Avarice. Were I ran 2 Tempest, 2 TGU's and a Bus along with the Monks. I was wanting to go into a more mixed build with synchro, hadn't thought of Birdman for whatever reason and would be better then teching a Tuner target for Monk, like Mist Valley Soldier or Scrap Beast.

And believe me, I've tried Hysteric Party, but eventually moved it to the side deck. I got discouraged over it when I drew it when, A. It was dead, or B. It was dead. Hard to think of, yes. But I'd open with it first turn all the time and nothing to swarm the field with, so it was useless. Then again, I only ran one at the time.

As for Tempest, I was wanting to try three in this second version of them. I always happened to draw into him or Lightning and at least one Channeler.

In the Dark Simmy verison, I only run one of each Rank 7.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Telvin123
Yamato's Protégé

Telvin123 has a spectacular aura aboutTelvin123 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatnicity View Post
To be honest, the build listed is just a tweak of my Dark Simorgh build, hence the Allure and some missing cards, like Avarice. Were I ran 2 Tempest, 2 TGU's and a Bus along with the Monks. I was wanting to go into a more mixed build with synchro, hadn't thought of Birdman for whatever reason and would be better then teching a Tuner target for Monk, like Mist Valley Soldier or Scrap Beast.

And believe me, I've tried Hysteric Party, but eventually moved it to the side deck. I got discouraged over it when I drew it when, A. It was dead, or B. It was dead. Hard to think of, yes. But I'd open with it first turn all the time and nothing to swarm the field with, so it was useless. Then again, I only ran one at the time.

As for Tempest, I was wanting to try three in this second version of them. I always happened to draw into him or Lightning and at least one Channeler.

In the Dark Simmy verison, I only run one of each Rank 7.

I forgot one more thing... run a third copy of Divine Wind. No reason not to.

Maybe Hysteric Party is only dead because you're going around banishing everything with Simorgh in your other build, and Tempest in this build. If you really swarmed, your grave will have plenty of targets in no time. And opening with it is actually pretty good, assuming the rest of your hand is manageable. No matter what build you run, you should always have at least one copy.

Birdman is a tuner that triggers Divine Wind, nuff said. Any build that relies on Divine Wind (Except for maybe Apex Ninjas) will run Birdman. You won't always have Dancer to rely on, and trust me, there will be plenty of times where it gets Veiler'd, meaning Birdman's up next.
Telvin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
gelobutac

gelobutac is on a distinguished road

i think harpie decks need at least 1 Harpie's Pet Dragon for the easy rank 7 xyz summon with Harpie Channeler Combo but o well..

hmm.. it's safe to use Tour Guide From the Underworld instead of using Summoner Monk.. just to summon Leviair the Sea Dragon because it can recycle banished monster and because Summoner Monk requires a spell card to discard, it can be a disadvantage to you if you don't hold a hysteric sign

try to run 2 tempest as your boss monster and try to run one more lightning

running 1 Breakthrough Skill is worth it.. i say run 2 because you don't have Effect Veiler..

i see your running a harpie/dragon deck.. why not use Queen Dragun Djinn?

btw here's what harpie deck i'm using
http://i.imgur.com/1XoobK7.png

if you want, use some Mist Valley Soldier, Mist Valley Thunderbird and Genex Ally Birdman to abuse the bouncing effect of Harpie Dancer and to summon Leviair the Sea Dragon and recycle those banished monster.

Last edited by gelobutac : 04-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.
gelobutac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
I disagree. Harpies don't have much grave manipulation and tempest is better than HPD.
You can't use Channeler on Tempest. You need at least 1 for Channeler's effect to be abused.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Phatnicity
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloZ View Post
You can't use Channeler on Tempest. You need at least 1 for Channeler's effect to be abused.
You can't pull Tempest with Channeler, no. But Tempest is still a Dragon that's easier to spam then Pet Dragon, meaning, if you get it on the field, Channeler is still a Level 7. Leaving you the option to pull another Harpie that isn't Pet Dragon, usually netting you a Chidori, Sylphine, or if you have another CHanneler in hand, you can go into Dancer, bounce her for it, then go into another Lady to go into Mirage or even Shock Master, or if you used Shock Master, Ouroboros if you run it.

I still think Sylpine is too good.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
gelobutac

gelobutac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatnicity View Post
You can't pull Tempest with Channeler, no. But Tempest is still a Dragon that's easier to spam then Pet Dragon, meaning, if you get it on the field, Channeler is still a Level 7. Leaving you the option to pull another Harpie that isn't Pet Dragon, usually netting you a Chidori, Sylphine, or if you have another CHanneler in hand, you can go into Dancer, bounce her for it, then go into another Lady to go into Mirage or even Shock Master, or if you used Shock Master, Ouroboros if you run it.

I still think Sylpine is too good.
yeah sylphine is quite good, she is a biggie when facing another deck that also have good swarming ability.. + she have an effect like Tiger King..

i'm still confused at the effects of Tempest..
correct me if i'm wrong, his 3 effects that can be choose from are
- tempest can special summon by banishing 2 dragon or wind cards on either hand or graveyard. then if he is special summoned, on your opponent's end phase he will bounce back.
- then i can discard this + another wind card, to fetch a dragon card
- last, if this card was banished, fetch a wind dragon card.

so basically, i can discard 1 tempest, then get another tempest, but i can't summon a tempest because it says only one effect can be activated per turn?

and if i banished 1 tempest, to special summon another tempest, i can't fetch a wind dragon card right?

while i'm play testing it on DN, i feel that there is something wrong with my plays, but i think tempest can set much faster than Dark Simorgh because he can banish from hand or on graveyard.

i think tempest will maximize it's capability on harpie/dragon builds..
we just need to pick the right dragons we will be using..
gelobutac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
WayneDrain
Agent Vet.

WayneDrain is on a distinguished road

Why would you not play Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite in this? And damn i cant find an actual tcg build anywhere for the pure rank 4 spam without dancer, since we wont get her for decades, so ive gone back to playing the 3 edragons and 1 pet, though i have 0 rank 7s lol

Additional Comment:

also, allure needs to be cut from this list

Additional Comment:

one last consideration, if you play like 2 pet dragons, you can play that seven star sword thing, i hear thats good

Last edited by WayneDrain : 06-04-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WayneDrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Why are we bumping threads that have been dead for 2 months? This user has also not been on for 2 months...