Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default Infernity deck profile 2013

Been working on an infernity deck for a little bit and it's doing pretty good. I just can't find the consistency in this deck to explode as much as I'd like it to. Sure when avenger, necromancer, and archfiend are in the grave it's pretty easy for me to win, but I need some other options if I don't have my combo pieces in the grave, any changes are welcome.
http://i.imgur.com/wHQEzoD.png
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Orion3695
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0
Orion3695 is on a distinguished road
Default

In my I have 2 Inferno vs the fiendish chains.
Orion3695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
Thomo1126
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 547
iTrader: 0
Thomo1126 is on a distinguished road
Default

It needs a Lavalval Chain in the extra
__________________
Liverpool Regional - 8th - February 2013 - Prophecy
Blackpool Regional - 3rd - December 2013 - Prophecy
Thomo1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
coltsdaman
SACK MASTER
 
coltsdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Appointed Sack Master
Age: 21
Posts: 5,283
iTrader: 0
coltsdaman is on a distinguished road
Default

-2chainz (seewhatididthere?)
+1 compulse
+1 Breakthrough Skill

chain has potential to clog backrow
__________________
coltsdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

- 2 Fiendish Chain

+1 Forbidden Lance
+1 Book of Moon/Monster Gate/Infernity Break/Pot of Duality (Any of these high utility cards go great in Infernity)

And I have been play testing the lance for a while and its a beautiful card in Infernity. Gets over pesky T-Kings during damage step. Protects Archfiend from bottomless so you don't have to waste a barrier. Lance is sooooo good and it's perfect at 1.

I am not a huge fan of mirage myself but he isn't awful.
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
coltsdaman
SACK MASTER
 
coltsdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Appointed Sack Master
Age: 21
Posts: 5,283
iTrader: 0
coltsdaman is on a distinguished road
Default

Monster gate is a no go =P too many crucial S/T
__________________
coltsdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

What purpose does monster gate serve? And yah, now that I think about it, the 2chainz do clog
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsdaman View Post
Monster gate is a no go =P too many crucial S/T
I always have to fight for the Monster Gate tech...

If you are planning on playing Lavalval Chain upon it's release, I advise you to re-evaluate your stance on Monster Gate.

If you say that Monster Gate isn't viable for the TCG as it stands right now... I will still fight for it's viability. lol Yeah sure, you will hit a few spells and traps but it does a few amazing things. When you use a necromancer to bring back a fiend and you search that launcher then use Monster Gate on the used up necromancer... Monster Gate is there to give you a free special summon straight from the deck. Making that next launcher play that more explosive.

Monster Gate will speed up a hand that was otherwise extremely slow. And when an opponent Veilers a mirage... just Monster Gate it and get something else. All of the monsters in the infernity deck are typically good standalone monsters or combo pieces. When you sack into Archfiend off the top... thats enough of a reason to play Monster Gate.

You shouldn't be milling all three barriers. If you're luck is that bad then don't play yugioh. lol

A good infernity player can control a game with a void ogre or a stardust without having 3 barrier or break to back them up. Infernity is extremely versatile and can deal great even if they do mill a barrier or two. Monster Gate will literally win games if you have it mid-loop. Good card is good.

Transturn is better though. When it comes out, play that. lol
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.

Last edited by Jmval826 : 04-01-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

I'll have to try it out before I judge
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #10
jtm94
Pojo Veteran
 
jtm94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,536
iTrader: 57 (100%)
jtm94 is on a distinguished road
Default

It's easy to argue Monster Gate. Who cares if you mill Solemn Judgment, Monster Reborn and a Mirror Force? If it sets up the win condition it is worth running.
During any given duel you don't run into half of the spell or traps ran in a deck anyways.

I don't run Monster Gate myself, but it is nifty.
And transturn is seeming like a really nice card.
jtm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #11
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

Also, I would cut the second avenger. Its player preference but I wouldn't worry about getting him removed. That isn't really a problem unless you plan on playing a ton of GB's and Chaos Dragons. lol

I might just replace the second avenger with another spell or trap. I feel like your deck should be exploding pretty consistently.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post
It's easy to argue Monster Gate. Who cares if you mill Solemn Judgment, Monster Reborn and a Mirror Force? If it sets up the win condition it is worth running.
During any given duel you don't run into half of the spell or traps ran in a deck anyways.

I don't run Monster Gate myself, but it is nifty.
Thank you.

It's one of those player preference cards. I play it in nearly every build now. But not everyone likes it, and that's OK. lol
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.

Last edited by Jmval826 : 04-01-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
TopdeckArchfiendGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IN AMERICA
Posts: 70
iTrader: 0
TopdeckArchfiendGG is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm guessing that you want to keep it TCG since there's no Lavalval Chain, although it's a staple in the deck after Hidden Arsenal 7.

For the deck:
-1 Evac
-1 Mirror Force
+2 D Prison (Protection against a larger spectrum of monsters than the latter 2. Grapha, Zenmaines, Abysslinde etc)
-1 Mirage (You only need 1 for the HED loop, and if you draw it it's basically an Infernity Necromancer that's completely dead for the first couple of turns)
-1 Heavy Storm (You're running 17 backrow, and you're forced into setting everything before going off. Side it.)
+1 Arma Knight
+1 Book (Takes a lot of pressure off of Barrier and Break for removal)

For the extra:
-1 Iron Chain (You very rarely make Level 6 Synchros in here, and even if you did make them often Gaia would be a better choice)
-1 No 17. (You're not running Tour Guide, so you'll rarely need this)
+1 Maestroke
+1 Rank 4
TopdeckArchfiendGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

To be honest, I had no idea I was running heavy storm hahaha I've never drawn it
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
TopdeckArchfiendGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IN AMERICA
Posts: 70
iTrader: 0
TopdeckArchfiendGG is on a distinguished road
Default

Well yeah you sometimes just auto add it to a deck because it's what you usually put in everything.

What does the deck look like after all the suggestions?
TopdeckArchfiendGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

I'll let you guys see it when I get home from school
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post
It's easy to argue Monster Gate. Who cares if you mill Solemn Judgment, Monster Reborn and a Mirror Force? If it sets up the win condition it is worth running.
During any given duel you don't run into half of the spell or traps ran in a deck anyways.

I don't run Monster Gate myself, but it is nifty.
And transturn is seeming like a really nice card.
Exactly.

And I see transturn giving the deck another little boost it needs. It makes tour guide that much better. Being able to go tour guide into necro and then transturning it into a fiend seems like a very solid play to me.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopdeckArchfiendGG View Post
I'm guessing that you want to keep it TCG since there's no Lavalval Chain, although it's a staple in the deck after Hidden Arsenal 7.

For the deck:
-1 Evac
-1 Mirror Force
+2 D Prison (Protection against a larger spectrum of monsters than the latter 2. Grapha, Zenmaines, Abysslinde etc)
-1 Mirage (You only need 1 for the HED loop, and if you draw it it's basically an Infernity Necromancer that's completely dead for the first couple of turns)
-1 Heavy Storm (You're running 17 backrow, and you're forced into setting everything before going off. Side it.)
+1 Arma Knight
+1 Book (Takes a lot of pressure off of Barrier and Break for removal)

For the extra:
-1 Iron Chain (You very rarely make Level 6 Synchros in here, and even if you did make them often Gaia would be a better choice)
-1 No 17. (You're not running Tour Guide, so you'll rarely need this)
+1 Maestroke
+1 Rank 4
All good suggestions. Although I think the second mirage isn't bad because of One for One. Although personally, I don't like Mirage at all though... so awful to open it. I actually find myself exploding less when I play Mirage. But in builds that focus around it, I don't see 2 being awful.

Listen to this guy... you will rarely ever make a level 6.
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.

Last edited by Jmval826 : 04-01-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

Decided to just get ready for HA07 and put lavalval chain in there, here's the updated list
http://i.imgur.com/uzO2XuB.png
Haven't had the time to test Monster Gate yet so I just put it in the side
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #18
Skylinemaster
Registered User
 
Skylinemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 69
iTrader: 0
Skylinemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

This may just be me but what about a Threatening Roar? It is chainable to destruction and can help you early game as you are trying to go handless.
Skylinemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limblessknight View Post
Decided to just get ready for HA07 and put lavalval chain in there, here's the updated list
http://i.imgur.com/uzO2XuB.png
Haven't had the time to test Monster Gate yet so I just put it in the side
The deck looks really solid. Nice work.

A couple of ideas for the extra though.

Blackship could become an extra chain or Abyss Dweller... I know Blackship is a wonderful generic rank 4 but he was really a lot more powerful against the meta when Agents and Wind-Ups were more prevalent because it easily removed gachi gachi and zenmaines. Those decks arent that big of an issue to deal with anymore. While Blackship is good, I dont really see you pulling him out that much. You already have plenty of answers to stall in break and doom dragon.

I am going to catch flack for this next one... but I have quit playing Catastor altogether. I decided that Crimson Blader is a much better card right now. Definitely better against the plague of E-Dragons on DN, so I would personally run him over Catastor.

Lastly, Maybe the second Doom Dragon could be something with a bit more utility. Another really good Exceed would come in handy. I am going to argue a spot for that Abyss Dweller or Second Chain again on this one. Lol

The main deck looks awesome though. I went the opposite route of you though... I decided that I liked Heavy Storm wayyyy more than Dark Hole and decided to play it instead. Because opening Heavy is just way to powerful to pass up on.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinemaster View Post
This may just be me but what about a Threatening Roar? It is chainable to destruction and can help you early game as you are trying to go handless.
He doesn't have a problem going handless. While Threatening Roar is an interesting tech choice, Infernity would rather deal with the problem at hand with removal instead of dancing around it for a turn.

Break/Compulsory essentially does a better job than T-Roar simply because of it's versatility as a card. The deck already explodes hard around turn 2 or 3 with the right set-up.

Interesting thought though.
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.

Last edited by Jmval826 : 04-02-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
TopdeckArchfiendGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IN AMERICA
Posts: 70
iTrader: 0
TopdeckArchfiendGG is on a distinguished road
Default

I didn't notice that he was running 2 Doom Dragon lol.

Yeah run a Dweller or a 2nd Chain over the 2nd Doom Dragon. At least then you can say "2 CHAAAINZ" whenever you want.
TopdeckArchfiendGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Limblessknight
Registered User
 
Limblessknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AMERICA
Posts: 208
iTrader: 0
Limblessknight is on a distinguished road
Default

Yah I find myself wanting to go into level 8s a lot so I just threw another doom in there. I'll probably put in dweller instead.
__________________
Current Decks:
Vampire
Frog Monarchs
Limblessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
Jmval826
Pojo Veteran
 
Jmval826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,395
iTrader: 0
Jmval826 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopdeckArchfiendGG View Post
I didn't notice that he was running 2 Doom Dragon lol.

Yeah run a Dweller or a 2nd Chain over the 2nd Doom Dragon. At least then you can say "2 CHAAAINZ" whenever you want.
What is this "Whenever" business? Didn't you mean "Always"? Lol
__________________
Top 16 YCS Chicago with Infernity 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAAD View Post
Jmval's logic is like a constant beacon of hope that shines down on all of us.
Jmval826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.