Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Default September 1st, 2013 ban list thoughts

It is too early for a legitimate ban list prediction, but not to early for some discussions on ideas. I think there are certain decks and cards that need a hit and need to help an Arch-Type or deck out in some way, shape, or form.

Newly Forbidden:
Ultimate Offering
This card is extremely good in many decks such as Madolche, Gadgets, Constellar, and more. Once tinplate Goldfish comes out for TCG, I think it will make a big difference in many decks. This card seems like it has a possibility of getting banned.

Newly Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons
This card can search out any Sea Serpent in any deck running Sea Serpents. Example would be Genex Merlantians with Heavy Infantry, Marksman, and not to mention the Water Elemental Lord Moulinglacia. To 1 or to 2 would satisfy me.

Burner, Elemental Dragon of Fire
This card may make it so you have to discard another dragon from your hand and Blaster cannot attack, but it still is really good on getting First turn LaDD and the Xyz Number 11: Big Eye and Mecha Phantom Beast Drago-Sack. The mini Elemental Dragons gave Elemental Dragons the edge they needed along with Drago-Sack and Big Eye to top in OCG, you can only imagine if they are tearing up in OCG, that they will do a lot in the TCG. I understand that OCG is way different, but some decks can do in TCG what they do in OCG. The minis are normally run at 1-2 Burner, 1-2 Lightning, 2-3 Reactan, and 2-3 Stream.

Lightning, Elemental Dragon of Wind
Same reasoning as Burner, but for the bigger form, Tempest.

Reactan, Elemental Dragon of Earth
Same reasoning as Burner and Lightning, but for the bigger form, Redox.

Stream, Elemental Dragon of Water
Same reasoning as Burner, Lightning, and Reactan, but for it's bigger form, Tidal. Not to mention it can help cause Mermail Abyssgaios to come out.

Spellbook Judgment Day
This card is such a plus for Spellbooks. It gives them the edge they need to become a top tier deck. In OCG, they are the 2nd best deck. They are extremely consistent with this card and it is normally run at 2-3 in the vast majority of decks I have seen top. This card should get Limited. I am glad to see them do something, but at the same time, it seems too good of a card.

Daigusto Emeral
I think this card is the issue in the Six Samurai loop. The only reason you can loop the whole hand is because of 3 Emeral, 3 Ouroboros, 1 Gateway, and 3 Kizan. Hitting Emeral to 1 will keep it from being too much. It will also keep Samurai alive with Gateway.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Mezuki
This card is very helpful to zombies. They finally topped a YCS last format and have not done anything since nor before it. I feel they need some support of some sort. Bringing either this to 2 or Plaguespreader Zombie could give them a little more of a push.

Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas
The Elemental Dragon Arch-Type is a very versatile deck. Blaster is capable of destroying any card on the field by discarding himself and another FIRE monster to do so. The Elemental Dragons I feel should get hit, not because of the deck itself, but because they go in the decks of their Attribute. I feel they will not kill the supported decks, but they will make it so they aren't too good. elemental Dragon decks will not be doing what they are doing now in my opinion if this happens.

Redox, Elemental Dragon of Crags
Same reasoning as Blaster, except it is discarding himself and another EARTH monster to target a monster in your Grave and Special Summon it. I think that is a little too good. I can see it being run in Karakuri, Machina, and Geargia decks.

Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones
Same as Blaster and Redox, except you discard himself and another WIND monster to add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. Imagine how good it can be in Dragunity. Dragunity have been showing up in the OCG so far because of Tempest being around along with Crimson Blader.

Tidal, Elemental Dragon of Cascades
Same as Blaster, Redox, and Tempest, but you discard himself and another WATER monster to send 1 monster from your deck to the Grave. You can run this in Mono Mermails or Genex Merlantians. You can even use it in Frog decks.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari
I know I have said it should stay at 1 because of Gazyrus Spam, but I think Gladiator Beast need another push to be able to compete in the format other than in the beginning of the format as it always is.

Lonefire Blossom
This card will give a nice needed boost to plant decks with its powerful ability. Without being able to interact with glow up bulb I am curious to see how this card would function at a higher level. If it proves to be trouble it can be bumped right back down to a lower level. I don't see why not go to 2, as long as Glow-Up Bulb does not come back, it should be fine.

T.G. Striker
T.G. decks are no longer an issue anymore, but they are not longer on the map anymore for decks that are generally played anymore. I think to help them and Agents, this should go to 2. I don't think it should have gone to 1. It feels like going to 1 was not the best choice.

Black Whirlwind
Blackwings are nearly back to how they were prior to Xyz. They have 3 of everything except Black Whirlwind and Gale. Both are at 1, yet they have only topped 1 Regional (to my knowledge) and do nothing in a YCS competition so far. I thought 3 Kalut would have helped along with their new support. Perhaps 2 Black Whirlwind will help. Wind-Up Factory and Black Whirlwind seem similar and yet Wind-Up Factory is at 3.

Fire Formation - Tenki
This card is going to be run in Gladiator Beast, Fire Fist, Constellar, War God, and many other decks involving Beast Warriors. It is even being run in Wind-Ups. The card is really good to help give a 100 ATK boost, but it also allows searching. It is fine at 1 being activated per turn, but Search cards that can do this should be at 1 or 2. I think to 1 is too harsh to do for the time being, so 2 is more justifiable.

Book of Moon
I honestly feel I was wrong about this card needing to stay at 1. I think it should help out in slowing down the Aggro that March is always causing. Nobody ever likes the March format since it is always a little too much aggro. I think putting this to 2 will slow down some of the aggro that this format will bring. I feel March 2013 will be the most Aggro format ever.

Abyss-sphere
Mermail is a very good deck, I feel it may be too good. I have played the deck for a long time and have notice the combos that cause the most issues is caused by Abyss-sphere and Abyss-squall. I think putting Abyss-sphere to 1 or 2 would help slow them down. Mermail saw nothing on the March 2013 ban list and I feel they should see the September list somehow.

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi
This card is not run in any deck since it is too slow to play. It should be fine at 3. It is no longer an issue like it was back when it was banned.

Debris Dragon
I think that hitting Elemental Dragons, I think putting this to 3 is fine. It is not much of a threat at 3 when the deck it is mainly ran in is hit pretty good.

-------------------

That is all I have come up with currently. I will add more after discussions have been made on it. This is not a prediction, just ideas on what could possibly see the list in September.

Discuss!
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Envoy Shien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
HarleyThomas
Crunk Ain't Dead

>Thinks Emeral is the problem in Six Samurai
>Is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffygull View Post
Like Goddamn, apostrophes and unnecessary commas. My **** went soft so fast I passed out from a rush of blood to the head.
HarleyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyThomas View Post
>Thinks Emeral is the problem in Six Samurai
>Is bad
If Emeral goes to 1, what do you really think Samurai will be able to do with the loop? They will be limited, I also think Ouroboros should get limited as well. Like I said, thoughts being inputted in. Let me guess, you would say ban Gateway problem solved? That's another typical Pojo thought. Gateway should be banned, but it won't yet.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

I would rather see Glow-Up Bulb be brought to 1 than Lonefire Blossom to 2.

Otherwise, not bad list.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
kazu
Yata Cultist

lol @ diagusto emerald ban. That's the single most stupid hit ever, besides that one guy that goes nuts over Maxx "C" all the time.

With all the big guys limited I doubt the smallies need to be touched.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.
kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazu View Post
lol @ diagusto emerald ban. That's the single most stupid hit ever, besides that one guy that goes nuts over Maxx "C" all the time.

With all the big guys limited I doubt the smallies need to be touched.
1st of all, Emeral Limited not banned -_- you need to learn how to read if you thought he was under my ban thought lol

2nd of all, The big guys help support the other decks. Dragunity wouldn't be doing anything in OCG if it wasn't for the new elemental Dragons and support coming out. Tempest is boosting that, just like the others boost their attribute. So semi-limited and hitting the minis will cause a brake on the speed of the deck and how explosive it is while keeping the help for the other decks alive
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
HarleyThomas
Crunk Ain't Dead

Ban Gateway. Not only does it eradicate a number of loops, it overall makes the deck less sackarrific with "I drew Gateway, time to follow through with every monster in my hand and lose no advantage."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffygull View Post
Like Goddamn, apostrophes and unnecessary commas. My **** went soft so fast I passed out from a rush of blood to the head.
HarleyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyThomas View Post
Ban Gateway. Not only does it eradicate a number of loops, it overall makes the deck less sackarrific with "I drew Gateway, time to follow through with every monster in my hand and lose no advantage."
Gateway is only as broken as your hand is. What are you going to do if you draw Gateway but can't do anything for 3 turns? Yeah it is definitely broken then too right? -_- It is not going to get banned just yet.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Winston
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy Shien View Post
Gateway is only as broken as your hand is. What are you going to do if you draw Gateway but can't do anything for 3 turns? Yeah it is definitely broken then too right? -_- It is not going to get banned just yet.
You could substitute "Yata Garasu" in for gateway in that argument, it means nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero
God you guys are thick. The purpose of the banlist is to make OTHER people change THEIR decks, not to make me change mine.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonShnozwick View Post
You could substitute "Yata Garasu" in for gateway in that argument, it means nothing.
If Gateway was really that broken and Samurai were really that good, don't you think they would have done something more than what they have been doing? Obviously Konami isn't going to ban something that has not boosted Samurai into the top tier. Gateway is only as broken as your hand is. I will keep saying it because it is true. Limiting Emeral will restrict the loop to an extent, same with hitting Ouroboros. I doubt anything will get hit but that's just me.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
y2k1
Pojo Veteran

For ***** sake just ban Gateway and limit United or Kagemusha. Kill this first turn troll deck already. 90% of Yugioh players despise the deck with the other 10% being the Sam Players, who only enjoy it because they don't have to think.

Inventor of Water-Hero/ Magical Explosion OTK (2013)

(possibly the most consistent Magical Explosion OTK created)

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1138865
y2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
KingdomheartsXIII
Hero to Zero

You're out of your mind if you think Gateway isn't problematic.

NEW - Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIN8V5CPvo

Trade Thread:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1182813
KingdomheartsXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
y2k1
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomheartsXIII View Post
He's a Sam player. You can't reason with Six Spamurai proponents. They just want to play a deck where they don't have to think, a bit like Dino Rabbit.

Just ignore him.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
JSteele
POWERFUL

Ive seen worse lists.

Still, 4 Limits and 4 Semis on EDragons may be a bit too much.

Also BAN THE GATEWAY AND LEAVE POOR EMERAL ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetimilk, about using Iron Call over Monster Reborn View Post
iron call cant be negated by Call of Darkness and Call of the Grave
JSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

I play both sides of Samurai. I don't run them irl anymore but still play them on DN and DevPro. I am a Six Samurai Master and I know how they work and believe me, they don't need Gateway to spam field and OTK. Gateway just helps them plus more. IRL I play Inzektors and soon Wind-Ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k1 View Post
For ***** sake just ban Gateway and limit United or Kagemusha. Kill this first turn troll deck already. 90% of Yugioh players despise the deck with the other 10% being the Sam Players, who only enjoy it because they don't have to think.
If you ban Gateway you don't need to hit anything else. They won't be as explosive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomheartsXIII View Post
Where in anything did I say it wasn't problematic? Please, enlighten me.

Quote:
He's a Sam player. You can't reason with Six Spamurai proponents. They just want to play a deck where they don't have to think, a bit like Dino Rabbit.

Just ignore him.
You don't think Samurai players have to think? lol you are very mistaken sir/ma'am. There are times we can easily just go off, and there are times where we need to actually think carefully on what we can do without being stopped or at least to be able to have a defense of some sort. Obviously I don't want Gateway banned, but if it was really as much of a threat as it is made out to be, don't you think they would have banned it by now? Hmmm makes you wonder. Dino Rabbit's only play is Dolkka and Laggia, that's all they try to go for 90% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
Ive seen worse lists.

Still, 4 Limits and 4 Semis on EDragons may be a bit too much.

Also BAN THE GATEWAY AND LEAVE POOR EMERAL ALONE
If you hit Emeral and Ouroboros, you can keep Samurai in the competition and stop the loop. Hitting Gateway is enough but so is limiting both of those. Ouroboros is ran at 1 as it is and emeral barely ran at all in OCG. So limiting both makes everyone happy, except those butt hurt by Samurai.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
y2k1
Pojo Veteran

It's because of Six Spamurai that we have the travesty that is Heavy Storm

Special summon Shi-En get a load of free goodies, such as from United/Gateway
Set a bunch of back row and end turn. That's Six Sam 'strategy' for you. Rinse and repeat. As I said the only reason players play Spamurai is because they don't need to think. The cards do all the work for them and stop the opponent from playing. There's nothing clever about Shi-En + 4/5 backrow. The deck set a dangerous precedent in Yugioh, of what you can do on the first turn and should be wiped from the sands of time.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
DeathIncarnate
Death

no Rescue Rabbit i love the list
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #18
N.Nick
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Yeah. Limit the book, it's not like they can reuse it each turn anyway.
N.Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
YugiohExpert98
Psychosocial

None of the Elemental Dragons are going to be hit btw since the Mini's aren't coming out yet.

Additional Comment:

Oh and all the Big Dragons are ran at 3 the Mini's are all ran at 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetized View Post
Never been in a fight before. But I've watched enough Naruto and DBZ to know how to kick some ass. /s
Why my pojo name is YugiohExpert98

Last edited by YugiohExpert98 : 03-27-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
YugiohExpert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #20
JFMaverick
Banned User

atleast envoy shien and silencer can acknowledge that their deck is still trash at the end of the day even if they do have unfair cards that should have been killed by the list.
JFMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
megaman97897
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YugiohExpert98 View Post
None of the Elemental Dragons are going to be hit btw since the Mini's aren't coming out yet.

Additional Comment:

Nevertheless the minis are still the problem.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
It is too early for a legitimate ban list prediction, but not to early for some discussions on ideas. I think there are certain decks and cards that need a hit and need to help an Arch-Type or deck out in some way, shape, or form.

Newly Forbidden:
Ultimate Offering
This card is extremely good in many decks such as Madolche, Gadgets, Constellar, and more. Once tinplate Goldfish comes out for TCG, I think it will make a big difference in many decks. This card seems like it has a possibility of getting banned.

Newly Limited:
Atlantean Dragoons
This card can search out any Sea Serpent in any deck running Sea Serpents. Example would be Genex Merlantians with Heavy Infantry, Marksman, and not to mention the Water Elemental Lord Moulinglacia. To 1 or to 2 would satisfy me.

Burner, Elemental Dragon of Fire
This card may make it so you have to discard another dragon from your hand and Blaster cannot attack, but it still is really good on getting First turn LaDD and the Xyz Number 11: Big Eye and Mecha Phantom Beast Drago-Sack. The mini Elemental Dragons gave Elemental Dragons the edge they needed along with Drago-Sack and Big Eye to top in OCG, you can only imagine if they are tearing up in OCG, that they will do a lot in the TCG. I understand that OCG is way different, but some decks can do in TCG what they do in OCG. The minis are normally run at 1-2 Burner, 1-2 Lightning, 2-3 Reactan, and 2-3 Stream.

Lightning, Elemental Dragon of Wind
Same reasoning as Burner, but for the bigger form, Tempest.

Reactan, Elemental Dragon of Earth
Same reasoning as Burner and Lightning, but for the bigger form, Redox.

Stream, Elemental Dragon of Water
Same reasoning as Burner, Lightning, and Reactan, but for it's bigger form, Tidal. Not to mention it can help cause Mermail Abyssgaios to come out.

Spellbook Judgment Day
This card is such a plus for Spellbooks. It gives them the edge they need to become a top tier deck. In OCG, they are the 2nd best deck. They are extremely consistent with this card and it is normally run at 2-3 in the vast majority of decks I have seen top. This card should get Limited. I am glad to see them do something, but at the same time, it seems too good of a card.

Daigusto Emeral
I think this card is the issue in the Six Samurai loop. The only reason you can loop the whole hand is because of 3 Emeral, 3 Ouroboros, 1 Gateway, and 3 Kizan. Hitting Emeral to 1 will keep it from being too much. It will also keep Samurai alive with Gateway.

Newly Semi-Limited:
Mezuki
This card is very helpful to zombies. They finally topped a YCS last format and have not done anything since nor before it. I feel they need some support of some sort. Bringing either this to 2 or Plaguespreader Zombie could give them a little more of a push.

Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas
The Elemental Dragon Arch-Type is a very versatile deck. Blaster is capable of destroying any card on the field by discarding himself and another FIRE monster to do so. The Elemental Dragons I feel should get hit, not because of the deck itself, but because they go in the decks of their Attribute. I feel they will not kill the supported decks, but they will make it so they aren't too good. elemental Dragon decks will not be doing what they are doing now in my opinion if this happens.

Redox, Elemental Dragon of Crags
Same reasoning as Blaster, except it is discarding himself and another EARTH monster to target a monster in your Grave and Special Summon it. I think that is a little too good. I can see it being run in Karakuri, Machina, and Geargia decks.

Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Cyclones
Same as Blaster and Redox, except you discard himself and another WIND monster to add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. Imagine how good it can be in Dragunity. Dragunity have been showing up in the OCG so far because of Tempest being around along with Crimson Blader.

Tidal, Elemental Dragon of Cascades
Same as Blaster, Redox, and Tempest, but you discard himself and another WATER monster to send 1 monster from your deck to the Grave. You can run this in Mono Mermails or Genex Merlantians. You can even use it in Frog decks.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari
I know I have said it should stay at 1 because of Gazyrus Spam, but I think Gladiator Beast need another push to be able to compete in the format other than in the beginning of the format as it always is.

Lonefire Blossom
This card will give a nice needed boost to plant decks with its powerful ability. Without being able to interact with glow up bulb I am curious to see how this card would function at a higher level. If it proves to be trouble it can be bumped right back down to a lower level. I don't see why not go to 2, as long as Glow-Up Bulb does not come back, it should be fine.

T.G. Striker
T.G. decks are no longer an issue anymore, but they are not longer on the map anymore for decks that are generally played anymore. I think to help them and Agents, this should go to 2. I don't think it should have gone to 1. It feels like going to 1 was not the best choice.

Black Whirlwind
Blackwings are nearly back to how they were prior to Xyz. They have 3 of everything except Black Whirlwind and Gale. Both are at 1, yet they have only topped 1 Regional (to my knowledge) and do nothing in a YCS competition so far. I thought 3 Kalut would have helped along with their new support. Perhaps 2 Black Whirlwind will help. Wind-Up Factory and Black Whirlwind seem similar and yet Wind-Up Factory is at 3.

Fire Formation - Tenki
This card is going to be run in Gladiator Beast, Fire Fist, Constellar, War God, and many other decks involving Beast Warriors. It is even being run in Wind-Ups. The card is really good to help give a 100 ATK boost, but it also allows searching. It is fine at 1 being activated per turn, but Search cards that can do this should be at 1 or 2. I think to 1 is too harsh to do for the time being, so 2 is more justifiable.

Book of Moon
I honestly feel I was wrong about this card needing to stay at 1. I think it should help out in slowing down the Aggro that March is always causing. Nobody ever likes the March format since it is always a little too much aggro. I think putting this to 2 will slow down some of the aggro that this format will bring. I feel March 2013 will be the most Aggro format ever.

Abyss-sphere
Mermail is a very good deck, I feel it may be too good. I have played the deck for a long time and have notice the combos that cause the most issues is caused by Abyss-sphere and Abyss-squall. I think putting Abyss-sphere to 1 or 2 would help slow them down. Mermail saw nothing on the March 2013 ban list and I feel they should see the September list somehow.

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi
This card is not run in any deck since it is too slow to play. It should be fine at 3. It is no longer an issue like it was back when it was banned.

Debris Dragon
I think that hitting Elemental Dragons, I think putting this to 3 is fine. It is not much of a threat at 3 when the deck it is mainly ran in is hit pretty good.

-------------------

That is all I have come up with currently. I will add more after discussions have been made on it. This is not a prediction, just ideas on what could possibly see the list in September.

Discuss!
So many things wrong here. Gateway is not the problem? How not? Might i add in that nobody is mentioning the loop as the only reason for gateway simply to be banned but because it is already a WIN button and the loop just makes it more offensive, serious limiting Daigusto Emeral to save Sackway is ******ed. All i have say about this, "This card is going to be run in Gladiator Beast, Fire Fist, Constellar, War God, and many other decks involving Beast Warriors. It is even being run in Wind-Ups. The card is really good to help give a 100 ATK boost, but it also allows searching. It is fine at 1 being activated per turn, but Search cards that can do this should be at 1 or 2. I think to 1 is too harsh to do for the time being, so 2 is more justifiable.", is that search cards are just fine. Want my reasoning on that? How about your reasoning that you have stated in this thread for why gateway is not banworthy: "Gateway is only as good as your hand", well search cards are only as good as their targets.

Thank You NexusShiker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar123
Wait till you see what the minis do with Super Rejuvenation.

Divine Judgment ain't got **** on that. I like the idea of drawing 4 cards for literally no reason in a deck filled with gigantic backwards mezukis that summon from the deck or graveyard.

Stay classy Konami.

Last edited by megaman97897 : 03-27-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
megaman97897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #22
Shinji Mimura
Low Tier Captain

Typical Pojo idiots not reading.

He never once said Gateway was a problem, in fact, he acknowledged that it should be banned on Post #3!

Anyways...

1. No Rescue Rabbit? :|

2. Plaguespreader to 2 > Mezuki to 2.

Otherwise, fantastic list.
Shinji Mimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMaverick View Post
atleast envoy shien and silencer can acknowledge that their deck is still trash at the end of the day even if they do have unfair cards that should have been killed by the list.
The deck is not trash. I stated they are not as good as they are madeout to be, otherwise they would do more than win a YCS and top a YCS. They topped 1-2 tournaments in OCG so far, but still being over run by Elemental Dragons, Spellbooks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YugiohExpert98 View Post

Additional Comment:

I stated already that the big guys are ran at max and the minis are mostly ran with 1-2 Burner, 1-2 Lightning, 2-3 Reactan, 2-3 Stream. OCG already has the minis, they didn't top or win until the Minis were released to them.

Quote:
It's because of Six Spamurai that we have the travesty that is Heavy Storm

Special summon Shi-En get a load of free goodies, such as from United/Gateway
Set a bunch of back row and end turn. That's Six Sam 'strategy' for you. Rinse and repeat. As I said the only reason players play Spamurai is because they don't need to think. The cards do all the work for them and stop the opponent from playing. There's nothing clever about Shi-En + 4/5 backrow. The deck set a dangerous precedent in Yugioh, of what you can do on the first turn and should be wiped from the sands of time.
It isn't just them that is why we have Heavy Storm. There are many other decks that are why we have it. Example is Ninja, Macro Rabbit, HERO, Malefic Stun, etc. Heavy Storm is an excellent card for our META. Gateway is only as broken as the hand is. If you can't open that broken, have fun opening as much as you can. Samurai can still spam and OTK, all Gateway does is help them plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino rabbit dude View Post
no Rescue Rabbit i love the list
The reason I didn't hit rabbit is because there are worse things that need a hit before Rabbit. Hitting Rabbit kills a lot of decks. Ophion should go to 2, Kerkyon should go to 1 or 2, and perhaps 1 or 2 other Evilswarm before Rabbit is thought of getting touched. I enjoy playing other decks with Rabbit, like Harpie Rabbit, Ninja Rabbit, etc. I hate Macro Rabbit and Verz Rabbit, but there are bigger problems than that, and no Tour Guide shouldn't get hit again, she is fine at 2, just like Rabbit is.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
Winston
Nope

Quote:
It isn't just them that is why we have Heavy Storm. There are many other decks that are why we have it. Example is Ninja, Macro Rabbit, HERO, Malefic Stun, etc. Heavy Storm is an excellent card for our META. Gateway is only as broken as the hand is. If you can't open that broken, have fun opening as much as you can. Samurai can still spam and OTK, all Gateway does is help them plus.
You are absolutely correct. This bully deck has far more problems with it besides gateway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero
God you guys are thick. The purpose of the banlist is to make OTHER people change THEIR decks, not to make me change mine.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Envoy Shien
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman97897 View Post
Additional Comment:
So many things wrong here. Gateway is not the problem? How not? Might i add in that nobody is mentioning the loop as the only reason for gateway simply to be banned but because it is already a WIN button and the loop just makes it more offensive, serious limiting Daigusto Emeral to save Sackway is ******ed. All i have say about this, "This card is going to be run in Gladiator Beast, Fire Fist, Constellar, War God, and many other decks involving Beast Warriors. It is even being run in Wind-Ups. The card is really good to help give a 100 ATK boost, but it also allows searching. It is fine at 1 being activated per turn, but Search cards that can do this should be at 1 or 2. I think to 1 is too harsh to do for the time being, so 2 is more justifiable.", is that search cards are just fine. Want my reasoning on that? How about your reasoning that you have stated in this thread for why gateway is not banworthy: "Gateway is only as good as your hand", well search cards are only as good as their targets.
There is a difference between Gateway and Tenki, Tenki can be used in multiple decks. Cards like Tenki should be at 2 at least in my opinion. If it was only for Fire Fist, I wouldn't care, but it is run in various decks. Gateway is only to Samurai. Gateway should be banned, but I don't think it will be banned yet. I honestly don't care because I don't run them irl anymore, but I still don't think it will. I also didn't say the loop is the only reason it should be banned. I also stated that perhaps Ouroboros should get hit as well. It can be run in multiple decks as well as Emeral. Other decks can some what do their own hand loop to an extent. So why not do something about both cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji Mimura View Post
Typical Pojo idiots not reading.

He never once said Gateway was a problem, in fact, he acknowledged that it should be banned on Post #3!

Anyways...

1. No Rescue Rabbit? :|

2. Plaguespreader to 2 > Mezuki to 2.

Otherwise, fantastic list.
The reason Rabbit was not hit for my list, is explained above the additional post this is under.

It is tough because I feel Mezuki would benefit more at 2 than Plaguespreader would. But I am currently looking up more on Zombies so I can be sure and edit accordingly.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonShnozwick View Post
You are absolutely correct. This bully deck has far more problems with it besides gateway.
If Six Samurai were doing what they should be doing, they would get hit. If they were doing what the Elemental Dragons are doing in OCG now, what Wind-Ups did in TCG and OCG last format, etc, they would see Gateway most likely banned and possibly hit another card. That is like banning Black Whirlwind when Blackwings do nothing important at all, even with 3 Kalut now. I don't think anything will happen to Samurai in September to be honest, unless Samurai do major things.
Sylvan
Bujin
Fire Fist
Noble Knight
Six Samurai

Last edited by Envoy Shien : 03-27-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost