Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
MasterFox72
#BestiTo3
 
MasterFox72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United States!! Deck: Gladiator Beasts
Posts: 7,269
iTrader: 0
MasterFox72 is on a distinguished road
Default Seven Gladiators and Six Samurai

7 Gladiators 6 Samurai

I made a similar deck called Six Gladiator that worked, although with many more consistency problems.

This deck is much more efficient and can get first turn Shi En in 80% of games. Then while he holds the field I can use the Gladiator Beasts to churn for advantage. The extra quickplay protection is very important because I need protection to be live when drawn, not have to wait for it to be set.

War Chariot is too powerful not to play at 3 and it is live almost everytime it is played anyways.

The deck has strong matchups against Prophecy due to Beast access and Fire Kings due to Retiari.

Siding in triple Mind Crush against WATER and FIRE is enough to beat them.

Dark Worlds, oddly enough is giving the deck a lot of trouble. Even with Retiari, they set up too fast and hit too hard it's difficult to keep up with Game 1. Game 2 side D-Fissures and its good game.

Comments saying play Six Sams or play GBs will be ignored. The purpose of the deck is to use the different archetypes strengths to fill their particular weaknesses.

Also 45 cards is fine. Any more and it gets to be dicey but 45 is manageable since almost half the spells are some sort of searcher and half of the monsters search each other out, I never have a problem with having the monster I need in hand. Although I could draw Gateway/War Chariot more...
Samnite maybe?

Monsters: 18

1 Elemental Hero Prisma
1 Gladiator Beast Bestiari
1 Gladiator Beast Laquari
1 Gladiator Beast Equeste
1 Gladiator Beast Darius
1 Gladiator Beast Hoplomus
1 Gladiator Beast Murmillo
1 Gladiator Beast Retiari
3 Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan
2 Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki
2 Kagemusha of the Six Samurai
1 Elder of the Six Samurai
1 Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
1 The Six Samurai - Zanji

Spells: 20

3 Six Samurai United
3 Asceticism of the Six Samurai
3 Shien's Smoke Signal
3 Forbidden Lance
2 Forbidden Dress
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Gateway of the Six
1 Gladiator Proving Ground
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: 7

3 Gladiator Beast War Chariot
3 Safe Zone
1 Solemn Judgment
MasterFox72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
bloom04
#1 LLORT
 
bloom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 522
iTrader: 1 (100%)
bloom04 is on a distinguished road
Default

Surprisingly this works well. Just beat a noob on dueling network he tried to use junk destroyers effect i just used war chariot, OWNED!!!
bloom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
HorrorAvengers
Smokin'
 
HorrorAvengers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lodi, CA
Posts: 3,635
iTrader: 2 (75%)
HorrorAvengers is on a distinguished road
Default

o.o trippy... I dont see the synergy, so off to testing I go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplay View Post
You assume what you say = what I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revives View Post
I'll kill you all and commit suicide just so I can kill you all again in the next life.
It's party time. P, A, R, T. Y? Because I gotta!
HorrorAvengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
MasterFox72
#BestiTo3
 
MasterFox72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United States!! Deck: Gladiator Beasts
Posts: 7,269
iTrader: 0
MasterFox72 is on a distinguished road
Default

The synergy lies in the essences of each deck.

Gladiator Beasts are about control of the field and gaining advantage by surviving battle and tagging and grinding their opponent. They are more of a passive deck in terms of strategy in order to win. As they are a 100% recyclable deck, their cars are essentially free and so they can slowly gain advantage over the opponent with their free MST, Disappear, Monster Reborn, Feather of a Phoenix and Smashing Ground on legs. However, their weakness also lies in the control that the deck has. As a result of this, the deck cannot ever explode and OTK and it has trouble against decks that can quickly amass beatsticks or that negate effects.

Six Samurai are an aggressive deck, dropping your entire hand in nearly a single turn and then lock down the field temporarily for a quick win. In longer matches, they trail off because if this initial wave is fended off, Six Samurai are put in a difficult position. Six Samurai are not as good on the defensive. They rely on their overwhelming offensive potential to win quick and easily.

Therefore the synergy relies on using the early strength of the Samurai to carry the Gladiators to where they shine the most: a simplified late game state.

Together, this makes for a more well-rounded duel in its entirety.

Six Samurai can easily summon Shi En on the first turn and use this free negation to slow the opponent down. However, even for Samurai decks, this is often not enough. With Gladiator Beasts they can use this as a free Forbidden Lance every turn and grind the opponent with their effects. Furthermore, to this end, your defensive spells and traps can then be used to protect Shi En while Shi En protects your GBs.

Chariot fills the gaping weakness of Six Samurai while Shi En gives GBs back a pseudo Solemn Judgment.

Lastly, this deck has more strong matchups than either pure GBs or Six Sams across the board.

-Prophecy: Six Sams win this with Beast easily, but GBs have some difficulty keeping up with Prophecy.

This deck can get out Beast turn 1 which is GG Prophecy.

-Fire Kings/Dark World: Six Sams have a tough time with these match-ups. GBs use Retiari and its an easy win.

Retiari can be used with ease in this deck too.

-Fire Fist: Sams and GBs have a moderate matchup here. Both probably 40:60 in favor of Fire Fist and this deck probably maintains that game 1 ratio.

-WATER: Chariot provides the answers needed to this deck. Furthermore an easy Shockmaster with triple Kizan is good too.

If you want a deck that summons Gyzarus often though, this isn't the right deck. I don't pull Gyzarus too often in this deck. But the thing is I often don't need to.
MasterFox72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
HorrorAvengers
Smokin'
 
HorrorAvengers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lodi, CA
Posts: 3,635
iTrader: 2 (75%)
HorrorAvengers is on a distinguished road
Default

I think I would go at it a different way with a minimalistic Sam engine, just what they use to get shi ens, but it looks really good. I'd probably run 2-3 smoke, 2-3 kageki, 2 kagemusha, 2 elder, and an asceticism, but I will test it... eventually.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplay View Post
You assume what you say = what I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revives View Post
I'll kill you all and commit suicide just so I can kill you all again in the next life.
It's party time. P, A, R, T. Y? Because I gotta!
HorrorAvengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
social analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 192
iTrader: 0
social analyzer is on a distinguished road
Default

Can I see you play this on DN?

OP, what is your DN username?
social analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
MasterFox72
#BestiTo3
 
MasterFox72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United States!! Deck: Gladiator Beasts
Posts: 7,269
iTrader: 0
MasterFox72 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorAvengers View Post
I think I would go at it a different way with a minimalistic Sam engine, just what they use to get shi ens, but it looks really good. I'd probably run 2-3 smoke, 2-3 kageki, 2 kagemusha, 2 elder, and an asceticism, but I will test it... eventually.
The thing is Asceticism is the fastest way I know currently to get to Shi En, but if you run it without the second targets being Kizan and Zanji, you just get a bunch of dead Asceticism later.

Conversely I suppose you could drop the Kizans, Zanji and Grandmaster and add an Elder and then your second Elder would just be for Beast or Shi En if you started Beast.

If you don't invest at least that much into Sams, then it's not worth it because first turn Shi En becomes less consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by social analyzer View Post
Can I see you play this on DN?

OP, what is your DN username?
Sure. I'm on pretty often.

DN User: MasterFox72

Same as here.
MasterFox72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Pikachu/Kuriboh
Registered User
 
Pikachu/Kuriboh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 236
iTrader: 0
Pikachu/Kuriboh is on a distinguished road
Default

this deck..wut.
I see what you mean with your explanation but with 45 this deck will not be very consistent at all.
Pikachu/Kuriboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #9
MasterFox72
#BestiTo3
 
MasterFox72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United States!! Deck: Gladiator Beasts
Posts: 7,269
iTrader: 0
MasterFox72 is on a distinguished road
Default

45 is fine when 5 of them are direct search cards. Asceticism is essentially a search card. The GBs all search each other. And Gateway is an ultimate search card.

If you REALLY despise 45 I do have an untested 40 card build. I don't like it as much though. It loses the OTK power of the Sam hybrid.

Six Gladiator Slim

Additional Comment:

Deck has shown quite the potential. It has taken on Prophecy and Elemental Dragons.

I've been testing Enishi, Shien's Chancellor over Prisma though and have found him more useful. I think I will make that switch.

I have also been considering dropping the Dresses for MSTs.

Thoughts?

Last edited by MasterFox72 : 03-25-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MasterFox72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
Magnum
Learning the Ropes
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0
Magnum is on a distinguished road
Default

I would like to see Side and Extra decks :P
Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #11
MasterFox72
#BestiTo3
 
MasterFox72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United States!! Deck: Gladiator Beasts
Posts: 7,269
iTrader: 0
MasterFox72 is on a distinguished road
Default

Check picture in the OP.
MasterFox72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.