Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default The Best Gravekeeper's Deck(s) for March 2013; Huge tips available!

Note, I am not on a PC currently, therefore this is all being written from my IPad. Some people have begun to doubt my legitimate skills with Gravekeeper's, and with me personally being disappointed with the decklists of them being posted here, I've decided to compile most of my knowledge and general Decklist here. This should not only inspire newcomers to join our ancestors, but reinforce the belief that I am one of the more competent Gravekeeper players as of now.

Decklist(s)

- Monsters -
Gravekeeper's Assailant x1: You want to always run one and no more or no less. At heart, this card is not very good, but with Necrovalley present, she becomes a mighty force to be reckoned with, as she can easily walk over any level 4 or lower monster, and exploit monsters like Marshmallon and Spirit Reaper. She can even run over boss monsters such as Ophion, Zealgigas, and provide a leverage for Gravekeeper's Commandant, who's superior ATK of 2100 can typically slay the average 2000 DEF of many bosses.

This card shouldn't be run at any number beyond one, as she is used at specific points, and her aforementioned uselessness without Necrovalley. She is also among the worst monsters to open with, so beware.

Gravekeeper's Commandant x3: Key card. Always run 3, as he searches out the primary card for your success. I have attempted to play Commandant at 2 before in an attempt to boost the Tour Guide engine, but it yielded in negative results. At 1600-2100, he is also by far the strongest Gravekeeper in your Deck, and if Necrovalley is plenty available in your hand or access, feel free to send him to battle.

Gravekeeper's Descendant x2 (3 Optional): Formerly the card I used to intensely rely upon to win, I have gradually been using Descendant less and less, and as a result of varying factors, I have brought him down to two. He is a crucial monster to making some of the best plays, and recycling Gravekeeper's are feared for, however, ironically, opening multiple copies of Gravekeeper's Descendant is typically what warrants a loss. It is very likely to happen, if he is at three, and considering how easily he is searched out, it is highly unnecessary to have him at max.

Gravekeeper's Recruiter 3x: Always run three, no question. This is basically your primary monster, and you will see and use him more frequently than most other monsters in your lineup. For more information on how amazing this card is, and the variety of ways it can be used, refer to the ongoing Gravekeeper strategy guides in Pojo's Strategies section.

Gravekeeper's Spy 3x: As far as monsters go, Spy is the best in the Deck, or in the entire archetype for that matter. As such, he is a staple, and must always be at three. This card is responsible for starting combos, and loops, but beware, as it is the best card in the Deck, it is primarily the card people aim to stop. As a Flip Effect monster, it is also fairly slow, and as a result, is vulnerable to effects.

Aside from the great effect, and key to comboing, this monster also boasts the highest DEF in the Deck, at 2000, to a staggering 2500.

*Warning, the following is irrelevant as of Tuesday/March 20th/2013. Rank 3 tactics still apply, however, ignore the following.*

Tour Guide From the Underworld 2x: The use of this card in my build, has drawn criticism and controversy from players who proclaim apparent superiority to me, however I will establish why TGU is an amazing option to your two monster seats, and the potential problems that come along with it.

When TGU is summoned, and successfully manages to bring out it's sister, you can begin by immediately swinging at your opponent with the present Gravekeeper's to see if Gorz or Tragoedia will appear, and if not, you successfully drilled 2000+ damage. With TGU, you can then summon three monsters varying on the situation at hand.

! Wind-Up Zenmaines: Classic Wall to deter your opponent, and can punish them for attempting to play against it. Early on, this is typically your best bet, and it's main use is to deter your opponent while pressuring them with other tactics.

! Leviathan: 2500 beatstick. This card is only summoned if I Royal Tribute and successfully confirm there will be little to stand against it, and so I can quickly drop my opponent to a unwinnable situation. On rare occasions, I summon this on other occasions to win over a boss that cannot be beaten in certain situations.

! Sea Dragon: The best card to summon with Tour Guide late game. While situational early on, it can create so many combos, and provide you with great advantage late-game.

Examples...

- Summon Sea Dragon, flip Spy, retrieve Recruiter, retrieve Descendant from banished zone.
- Summon Sea Dragon, retrieve TKR.

The massive downside to using TGU in Gravekeeper's, is if it is stopped before the other reaches the field, the other becomes nothing more than a cute face, as you are not including other fiends to support this engine. If the other dies after reaching the field, to the least, you thinned your Deck of a useless card. All in all, TGU is just a great, risky engine that will benefit you greatly if it succeeds, but trouble you otherwise.

*Obsolete Info ends here*

Gravekeeper's Guard 2x: While I was skeptical of this monster at first, this is actually a great card, despite his abysmal stats. The card is effectively a trap in its own way, and the way it is mostly just set on the field constantly, without moving it's position, tends to cause the opponent to panic and waste resources on it. It is a fantastic way to surprise your opponents, or disrupt Stardust Dragon or resistant XYZ plays. It is the perfect fodder for Gravekeeper's Descendant as well, considering it's slow presence.

Another minor, and extremely helpful aspect of this card is it is just short of 100 DEF off Spy, making it the second most resilient monster in your arsenal, and with Necrovalley present, it can stave off decent beaters, assuming it hasn't launched their butts back to the hand from where they came!

That covers the Main Deck Monsters!

- Spells -
Dark Hole 1x: Staple. Obvious uses, but beware of using it recklessly.

Gravekeeper's Stele 2x: A great card that gives the finger to Royal Tribute and Necrovalley. However, two is generally enough, and as in the case of Gravekeeper's Descendant, opening multiple copies of this card is generally what warrants a loss.

As a result of it being at two, do mind how you use it.

Necrovalley 3x: Heart of the Deck, and your main win card. Try to maintain it as best as you can, and be cautious on recklessly using it at random times. Best of luck.

Pot of Duality 2x: Staple. Great card, and helps fish out Royal Tribute or important cards, but it interferes with Gravekeeper's Spy at times.

Royal Tribute 2x: The most broken card in the Deck, and one of the most despised cards in general, part of the reason I stated Necrovalley is a win card, is due to this card. In most cases, it is too good to pass up turn 1 for confirmation on opponent's Deck, and should be used immediately. Has little effect against Spellbooks however.

The primary drawback is if you use it on turn one, without doing the aforementioned confirming of your opponent's Deck, you may unintentionally use this card against a Dark World player, losing you the game. This card, at both copies, should always be sided out against Dark World.

That covers spells!

- Traps -
Bottomless Trap Hole 2x: Always run two. Staple, and a great card, that potentiallt feeds Sea Dragon later on.

Dimensional Prison 3x (2 Optional): I find this card amazing, and best at 3, over another Mirror Force, as smart use of this card will soothe the concern of troublesome monsters such as Grapha.

Fiendish Chain 2x: There is controversy over this card being lesser or superior to the new Breakthrough Skill, but as it stands, I find this card valuable. Two should be the total run.

Mirror Force 1x (2 Optional): As of late, I dislike this card at two, but nevertheless, regarding this card, is all personal preference.

Solemn Judgement 1x: Staple. I primarily use it to dispose of Heavy Storm, but in rare, desperate occasions, for other uses.

Solemn Warning 1x: Staple. At its limitation, beware of how you use it.

Torrential Tribute 2x: Staple. Punishes extreme transgression, and doesn't really hamper you if Gravekeeper's Recruiter or Maestroke is present.

Compulsory Evacuation Device 2x: I'm skeptical of this card as of now. But it is a nice filler card, and murders XYZ monsters, and can pull your monsters out of enemy Traps.

- The Anti Heavy Storm Trio -
As we all know, Heavy Storm is a mongoloid card, that supports stupid, brainless play, and is the primary enemy of this Deck, and so, you have the choice of running exactly two of the following cards, however, I will not dictate you on what to run. My personal preference is Starlight Road.

Dark Bribe: Easily the most versatile of the three, and can be used to also stop MSTs. However, it's drawback may be too severe depending on your preference, and aside from the negation, it provides no benefit to you whatsoever.

It is also a Counter Trap, meaning there is little that can be done to it.

Starlight Road: The least versatile, and most risky of the three, this is not a Counter Trap, and as a result, a Chain MST can prevent Stardust Dragon from appearing, and due to its's summoning effect, it can be stopped by Solemn Warning, which can prove disastrous. However, the benefits that come from successfully using this card, is generally game-winning.

Huge Revolution is Over&partner=POJO" class="hover" rel="http://www.pojo.biz/board/CardHover/hoverYGO.php?CN=The Huge Revolution is Over" target="new">The Huge Revolution is Over: Much like Dark Bribe, this is a Counter Trap, so little can stop it, and it actually has one, minor benefit; it permanently banishes the offender.

As of late, I am slightly leaning more on this card than SLR. However, it's benefits are perhaps too minuscule.

Note aside from the humorous title, please note these cards are also used in response to cards such as Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute. However, Heavy Storm is your primary target.


That covers traps and the main Deck. I put a lot of work into this by just typing, and will update the Side Deck and Extra Deck tommorow. I hope this encourages people to see Gravekeeper's are still strong, and newer players to grasp a better understanding of the Deck.

As this is my personal Deck, and not a guide, please refer to the Strategies Section for more information.

Thanks, and I hope you guys leave feedback (even my haters).

- Edit: Monday/March 4th/2013 -
Updating the rest as promised.

- Side Deck -
By admission, my Side Deck is awkward, but mainly aimed at banishment, so if you disagree, feel free to criticize.

Dimensional Fissure 3x
Mystical Space Typhoon 3x
Macro Cosmos 3x
Curse of Darkness 3x (Removed )
????
Droll and Lock Bird 3x

That covers the Side Deck as of now. However, as it is always a changing matter, I would honestly advise you to make a Side Deck to your liking, as I mostly aim to harm very particular Decks such as Dark World and Mermail.

- Extra Deck -
Stardust Dragon 2x: Due to the fact that I am currently using Starlight Road as my destruction removal, this card is in the Deck. Provides big advantage, for a less than great way of summoning it.

Abyss Dweller 1x: A very rare tech option that I summon in desperate situations. Otherwise, I do not use or interact with this card much, but it is a nice filler card for when you need to use it, so one will do.

Alchemic Magician 1x: With Exodia and other Solitare Decks that use monsters from the hand to succeed slowly evaporating due to the One Day of Peace hit, I am considering to remove her in favor of Roach or Zenmaister. Her primary use is to fetch out Royal Tribute, but it is arduous to pull off against anyone who is able to actively stop you, or retaliate. Nevertheless, she stands as an interesting tech at one.


Gagaga Cowboy 1x: Gravekeeper's will frequently swing for roughly 5700 damage at best, and normally, that doesn't quite cut it, so use Cowboy to quickly end the game. In rare cases, use Cowboy to run over bosses that other XYZs are not too suited for.

Gem-Knight Pearl 1x: A very generic 2600 hulk. Used primarily to get over 2500 bosses like Stardust Dragon, otherwise, he's not that good, so use one only.

Sea Dragon 1x: Refer to TGU section above.

Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn 1x: This will be your primary XYZ monster, and how you use it, can often Shift the tide of the game in your favor. The best times to use Maestroke is when you have no traps to protect your Gravekeeper's out in the open, and you want to go into a more defensive play. Maestroke can also dispose of some bothersome boss monsters with low DEF much like Assailant, at the cost of it's material. Utilize him as best as you can, and good luck!


Number 16: Shock Master x1: With Cowboy often sealing the game for me, the use of this card is fairly non-existent to me as of late. Primarily used to stun your opponent when you are ahead of them, or against the now defunct Solitare Decks such as Exodia.

Leviathan 1x: Refer to TGU section above.

Number 39: Utopia 1x: A generic 2500 beater that is typically used out of desperation if you cannot seem to get your plays going. Fantastic counter to decks such as Gladiator Beasts.

Number 50: Blackship of Corn 1x: Primarily used to get rid of Gachi Gachi, Zenmaines, and other resistant monsters that Assailant cannot get rid of swiftly. Other than that, be wary of use, as 2100 ATK is the same as Gravekeeper's Commandant so you are not likely to use this other than the aforementioned purposes.

Photon Papilloperative 1x: Filler XYZ monster put it because of chance. You will hardly ever use this card, as its role is meager and already filled out by Assailant.

Temtempo the Percussion Djinn 1x: Definition of filler. I have used this monster one time in my entire time playing the Deck so far. Not even worth going into TGU for. If you do manage to get this monster to work, you can easily have a powerful boss fortunately.

Wind-Up Zenmaines 1x: Refer to TGU section above.


Extra Deck is covered, and Decklist is complete for now!

- Wednesday/March 6th/2013 -
Updating an alternative technology section in the event TGU or something otherwise is not your preference.

I apologize for the delay, as my interest in World of Warcraft has renewed over my interest in YGO as of late. I realize that some people in here, actually benefited from this decklist, and to those minority, I simply ask you to not let psychopathic neanderthals like ChaosNagato and T-Rex dishearten you, as this Decklist was initially made to help those having trouble or new to this archetype, and I hope to continue.

*Outdated*

Gravekeeper's Guard: Observation of this card is came from a set with Calm Thinker. While I did seize victory, this card did not contribute to the victory, and I think it is a mediocre, but resourceful way to catch your opponent off guard, as they will not suspect this card. Due to its nature, it is also a nice bait for cards such as Nobleman of Crossout, as opponentswill suspect it is a Spy or Recruiter, as setting is a major part of Gravekeeper shenanigans. All in all, not bad, but only run one.

*Outdated info ends here*

Malefic Cyber End Dragon: Observation from various duels. Fairly useless due to the copious amounts of backrow hate, but if successfully left unattended, this card will simply win the game in a matter of two turns or less. Mediocre, but if you like, you can run one.

It is also a target for Eradicator Epidemic Virus and Deck Devastation Virus.

Malefic Stardust Dragon: Observation from many duels 2012-2013. He protects Necrovalley, which is a fantastic addition to the stun. Unfortunately, keeping Necrovalley is not too much of a concern nowadays, and the Field Spell can simply be overplayed by another. At 2500 ATK, he also slows down the Deck to an iron chain ball degree, and that is the primary reason I despise using this card, and would recommend 0 of use. Strongly suggest Cyber End over this monster, despite the flaws.

Like Cyber End Dragon, this card is also a target for Eradicator Epidemic Virus and Deck Devastation Virus.

Card Car D: Good card, and at the expense of getting good damage in, it adds immense advantage to your favor. However, if it is stopped, you will be very angry. If using this, run two.

Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo: While most players prefer to have this monster standing out, I prefer to use it as a bomb face-down, in the event my opponent is skillfully playing Solitare with his monsters. This is an amazing tech, and should be run at two, over the TGUs if you dislike them.

Book of Moon: A versatile staple. Not my thing, but this is a very good card. Run one (maximum).

Eradicator Epidemic Virus & Deck Devastation Virus: Mediocre techs, as the chances of you running more than one is unlikely, let alone drawing into them. I would not suggest putting these in a non-Malefic dedicated GK deck.

Spellbook of Wisdom: People seem to overlook the fact GKs have access to the Forbidden Lance that does not have any drawbacks. Run two if you plan on using this.

More to come!

- Sunday/March 10th/2013 -

I have removed the TGU engine. It's simply too risky if it is stopped, and can result in imminent loss, and so I need other suggestions to fill in the two holes.

- Wednesday/March 20th/2013 -

Gravekeeper's Guard, at two, has replaced TGU. Tactics updated.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)

Last edited by SE: Lain : 03-20-2013 at 12:49 AM.
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink
 
Ender Wiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Battle School
Posts: 29,760
iTrader: 40 (100%)
Ender Wiggin is on a distinguished road
Default

The only thing I disagree with is Dprison 3 is definetly overkill and I don't even like the card at all.
__________________
It's been fun. But this game has gotten to autoplay and boring to waste the little free time I have at the moment. Thank you all for putting up with me and giving me a great time these past few years. If you need me HMO on Smogon or AppInvasion.
Ender Wiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow Time View Post
The only thing I disagree with is Dprison 3 is definetly overkill and I don't even like the card at all.
I hope this thread gets the intended attention, as it'll be the last of a GK decklist I post. Did you find it resourceful?

And as stated, DP and Mirror Force counts are honestly preferences to the players taste.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Ender Wiggin
Igotalifeithink
 
Ender Wiggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Battle School
Posts: 29,760
iTrader: 40 (100%)
Ender Wiggin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keeper of Grav View Post
I hope this thread gets the intended attention, as it'll be the last of a GK decklist I post. Did you find it resourceful?

And as stated, DP and Mirror Force counts are honestly preferences to the players taste.
It was very good.

I would give an honorable mention to the Malefics.
__________________
It's been fun. But this game has gotten to autoplay and boring to waste the little free time I have at the moment. Thank you all for putting up with me and giving me a great time these past few years. If you need me HMO on Smogon or AppInvasion.
Ender Wiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebow Time View Post
It was very good.

I would give an honorable mention to the Malefics.
Malefics, along with other tech options such as Guard will be updated tommorow.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS
 
ChaosNagato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadow Realm
Posts: 7,953
iTrader: 16 (90%)
ChaosNagato is on a distinguished road
Default

Is it so hard to make a regular list? I do almost all mine on either an iPad or iPhone...

Anyway, 2 TGU is still a waste of space and ineffective use of cards in a GK deck. Can't say that enough times.
3 DPris while it is somewhat valid would be better used at 2 to make space for a BoM. You also need to be maining 1-2 MST at almost all times. Other than that GKs are pretty standard build.

Your neglect of Malefic techs is somewhat irritating but that's just my stance.
__________________
YGOPro - ChaosNagato
DN - The God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Gambit View Post
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.


ChaosNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosNagato View Post
Is it so hard to make a regular list? I do almost all mine on either an iPad or iPhone...

Anyway, 2 TGU is still a waste of space and ineffective use of cards in a GK deck. Can't say that enough times.
3 DPris while it is somewhat valid would be better used at 2 to make space for a BoM. You also need to be maining 1-2 MST at almost all times. Other than that GKs are pretty standard build.

Your neglect of Malefic techs is somewhat irritating but that's just my stance.
I have run Malefics in the past. Needless to say they are not good for varying reasons. Actually, not Malefics, specifically aiming to Malefic Stardust and Cyber End.

They're incredibly slow, and their attack limitations detract from the normal damage output Gravekeeper's can accomplish in one turn (excluding Cyber End, but we'll get to that in one moment).

Malefic Stardust Dragon at 2500 ATK is simply not worth feeding with Descendant, and the only time it is truly useful is if you and your opponent are pushed against the wall. All in all, the Field Protection is not worth it.

Now Cyber End Dragon on the other hand, is an immensely risky, semi-useless tech, that can create very short games with it's colossal ATK and Descendant Engine, but as it does not protect Field Spells, it is quickly brought down before it goes too nuts.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS
 
ChaosNagato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadow Realm
Posts: 7,953
iTrader: 16 (90%)
ChaosNagato is on a distinguished road
Default

stardust is always worthy of note. Yes Malefics are a bit slow, but that's why they work with GKs. GKs are best played as a control deck, which takes time. 2500 atk is nothing to snort at when it is backed up with grave and field controlling spells and traps, and is more than enough to poke people to death. The field protection is a huge deal since that is what GKs rely on so much.
__________________
YGOPro - ChaosNagato
DN - The God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Gambit View Post
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.


ChaosNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

It's done. I didn't cover Guard and the Malefics since we discussed it here, but I hope people enjoy, and leave genuine criticism.

All done because I love GKs
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #10
khalildh
Cogitate!?!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,021
iTrader: 0
khalildh is on a distinguished road
Default

Cute
Its too generic. It might have been good when plants were around.
__________________
I win.
khalildh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #11
calm_thinker
Infernity Scrub
 
calm_thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Australia
Age: 16
Posts: 7,969
iTrader: 2 (75%)
calm_thinker will become famous soon enoughcalm_thinker will become famous soon enough
Default

You have learnt nothing....
__________________
DS Friend Code: 3136 - 7992 - 6088
DS Games: Pokémon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
Infernities | Sylvans
calm_thinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix will become famous soon enoughxTenraix will become famous soon enough
Default

Tour Guide from the Underworld is terrible in the deck. Why would you run such a lackluster card that doesn't help the overall strategy of the deck? Zenmaines? CED, Fiendish Chain, Breakthrough Skill, Tiger King, Skill Drain, etc. Leviathan Dragon? Are you serious? The only deck that should ever be ran in is Mermail Atlantean because it sets off the effects of the Atlanteans. It's a lack luster card that is very vulnerable. Leviair? Your monsters will most likely NEVER be banished unless you're siding in Macro Cosmos or you're going against Macro Cosmos. Why you would even go into this irks me. The card also makes Royal Tribute potentionally dead or causes you to minus yourself which is bad in this deck because you want to keep your card advantage up while slowly dwindling your opponent's down until he has none left.

And you left out Book of Moon, one of the most versatile cards in the entire deck?! Allows you to recycle Spies and slows down your opponent which will be needed for this deck because of the fact that it can't keep up with a lot of decks. Why you didn't list this is beyond me and is entirely disrespectful to the deck itself because it's a staple card.

Then you leave out cards such as Fossil Dyan Pachy and Malefic Stardust Dragon. Why why why? Fossil Dyna is arguably one of the best cards to main in this deck because of many decks it counters. You know, because ALL Tier 1 decks and most viable decks rely upon special summoning. Malefic Stardust Dragon protects your Necrovalley which is VERY important for this deck. It should be mained or sided at all times. Besides, it's a friggin' target for DDV and EEV which DESTROY decks by theirselves.

******* seriously.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #13
Cirrostratus
Training
 
Cirrostratus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Posts: 5,891
iTrader: 0
Cirrostratus is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post

******* seriously.
It's funny how even with all the points given here, he is probably going to dismiss eveything you just said.
__________________
Cirrostratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #14
darkcounter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 247
iTrader: 0
darkcounter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStormRegalia View Post
It's funny how even with all the points given here, he is probably going to dismiss eveything you just said.
You think by using reverse psychology and saying that will actually make him respond to it? ;o
darkcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #15
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
Tour Guide from the Underworld is terrible in the deck. Why would you run such a lackluster card that doesn't help the overall strategy of the deck? Zenmaines? CED, Fiendish Chain, Breakthrough Skill, Tiger King, Skill Drain, etc. Leviathan Dragon? Are you serious? The only deck that should ever be ran in is Mermail Atlantean because it sets off the effects of the Atlanteans. It's a lack luster card that is very vulnerable. Leviair? Your monsters will most likely NEVER be banished unless you're siding in Macro Cosmos or you're going against Macro Cosmos. Why you would even go into this irks me. The card also makes Royal Tribute potentionally dead or causes you to minus yourself which is bad in this deck because you want to keep your card advantage up while slowly dwindling your opponent's down until he has none left.

And you left out Book of Moon, one of the most versatile cards in the entire deck?! Allows you to recycle Spies and slows down your opponent which will be needed for this deck because of the fact that it can't keep up with a lot of decks. Why you didn't list this is beyond me and is entirely disrespectful to the deck itself because it's a staple card.

Then you leave out cards such as Fossil Dyan Pachy and Malefic Stardust Dragon. Why why why? Fossil Dyna is arguably one of the best cards to main in this deck because of many decks it counters. You know, because ALL Tier 1 decks and most viable decks rely upon special summoning. Malefic Stardust Dragon protects your Necrovalley which is VERY important for this deck. It should be mained or sided at all times. Besides, it's a friggin' target for DDV and EEV which DESTROY decks by theirselves.

******* seriously.
As it stands, Effect Veiler is not present enough to warrant me dismissing TGU yet. However, I have recently seen when it does become a problem, and if Veiler becomes more frequent, I will look back on this. Again, you somewhat misunderstand the power TGU can bring if it is successfully going (Bowser saw me do a pretty cool combo, so you can refer to him for details).

Fossil Dyna is nice, however, it hinders you, as well as having the base ATK of a unbuffed Gravekeeper's Recruiter. It's best purpose is it's bomb effect, but people will catch on.

I dislike Book of Moon, and it's hardly needed as a staple from my long time of playing. I ran BoM and Tsukuyomi, at different occasions, and grew out of them.

I discussed Malefics with that fellow a few scrolls up.

And watch the language, don't be rude and insolent.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #16
calm_thinker
Infernity Scrub
 
calm_thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Australia
Age: 16
Posts: 7,969
iTrader: 2 (75%)
calm_thinker will become famous soon enoughcalm_thinker will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keeper of Grav View Post
As it stands, Effect Veiler is not present enough to warrant me dismissing TGU yet. However, I have recently seen when it does become a problem, and if Veiler becomes more frequent, I will look back on this. Again, you somewhat misunderstand the power TGU can bring if it is successfully going (Bowser saw me do a pretty cool combo, so you can refer to him for details).

Fossil Dyna is nice, however, it hinders you, as well as having the base ATK of a unbuffed Gravekeeper's Recruiter. It's best purpose is it's bomb effect, but people will catch on.

I dislike Book of Moon, and it's hardly needed as a staple from my long time of playing. I ran BoM and Tsukuyomi, at different occasions, and grew out of them.

I discussed Malefics with that fellow a few scrolls up.

And watch the language, don't be rude and insolent.
I counter Argued everything you said right there on a different thread. Must I do it again, for you to understand at full? Or will you continue being ignorant?
__________________
DS Friend Code: 3136 - 7992 - 6088
DS Games: Pokémon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
Infernities | Sylvans

Last edited by calm_thinker : 03-04-2013 at 03:30 AM.
calm_thinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #17
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix will become famous soon enoughxTenraix will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keeper of Grav View Post
As it stands, Effect Veiler is not present enough to warrant me dismissing TGU yet. However, I have recently seen when it does become a problem, and if Veiler becomes more frequent, I will look back on this. Again, you somewhat misunderstand the power TGU can bring if it is successfully going (Bowser saw me do a pretty cool combo, so you can refer to him for details).

Fossil Dyna is nice, however, it hinders you, as well as having the base ATK of a unbuffed Gravekeeper's Recruiter. It's best purpose is it's bomb effect, but people will catch on.

I dislike Book of Moon, and it's hardly needed as a staple from my long time of playing. I ran BoM and Tsukuyomi, at different occasions, and grew out of them.

I discussed Malefics with that fellow a few scrolls up.

And watch the language, don't be rude and insolent.
Every deck will be running Effect Veiler in their decks, possibly even 3 of them. If Tour Guide gets Veilered your opponent has a free target to deal quite a bit of damage to you. Besides, the card doesn't offer enough for it to be good in the deck. Maybe a cool little play here and there but other than that it's not worth the space at all. There are more efficient cards to be ran within the deck that will end games and start games better than Tour Guide.

Fossil Dyna is nice? Fossil Dyna is absolutely amazing in the deck. You realize you don;t have to special 24/7 using Spy and whatnot? It's effective having Fossil Dyna backed by backrow. Defeats decks by itself. And so what if it hinders you a bit? It hinders other decks a helluva lot more than it does us.

How can you hate Book of Moon? It has won me plenty of games, saved my ass when I really needed to stall out for a turn. Allows you to reuse Spy's effect which is absolutely awesome for this deck. Amazing defensive card, very flexible card, what more could you possibly want out of a card? Seriously.

You discussed the Malefics but your opinion is incorrect.

Watch my language? I didn't know we were in a ******* church.


Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_thinker View Post
I counter Argued everything you said right there on a different thread. Must I do it again, for you to understand at full? Or will you continue being ignorant?
I'd like to see this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.

Last edited by xTenraix : 03-04-2013 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #18
calm_thinker
Infernity Scrub
 
calm_thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Australia
Age: 16
Posts: 7,969
iTrader: 2 (75%)
calm_thinker will become famous soon enoughcalm_thinker will become famous soon enough
Default

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1114015

In fact, the thread gave birth to this one lol.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosNagato View Post
stardust is always worthy of note. Yes Malefics are a bit slow, but that's why they work with GKs. GKs are best played as a control deck, which takes time. 2500 atk is nothing to snort at when it is backed up with grave and field controlling spells and traps, and is more than enough to poke people to death. The field protection is a huge deal since that is what GKs rely on so much.
READ THIS POST. You forgot to.
__________________
DS Friend Code: 3136 - 7992 - 6088
DS Games: Pokémon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
Infernities | Sylvans

Last edited by calm_thinker : 03-04-2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
calm_thinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #19
bowser100
Pojo Veteran
 
bowser100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,771
iTrader: 0
bowser100 is on a distinguished road
Default

I was on DN and I had the chance to spectate Keeper.

I can confirm that he does indeed play Gravekeepers on DN.

Keeper why you no like Gravekeeper's Guard he returns OP monsters to their hand, and his not afraid to show some skin.

Also consider siding something for them OP burn decks Trap Stun, Royal Decree, Rainbow Life, etc.
bowser100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #20
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS
 
ChaosNagato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shadow Realm
Posts: 7,953
iTrader: 16 (90%)
ChaosNagato is on a distinguished road
Default

keeper... You said you were going to quit. Do us all a favor and do so, so we don't have to listen to you anymore. Just walk away.
__________________
YGOPro - ChaosNagato
DN - The God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Gambit View Post
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.


ChaosNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #21
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,695
iTrader: 0
SE: Lain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser100 View Post
I was on DN and I had the chance to spectate Keeper.

I can confirm that he does indeed play Gravekeepers on DN.

Keeper why you no like Gravekeeper's Guard he returns OP monsters to their hand, and his not afraid to show some skin.

Also consider siding something for them OP burn decks Trap Stun, Royal Decree, Rainbow Life, etc.
I do like Guard, but he's too slow as I stated. Maybe when the TGU engine dries out, at some point, he will come back.

And Nagato is seemingly an ******* with no redeeming qualities, so I'll leave him yap, but I am taking Tenx advice on Fossil.
__________________
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Fri 11:36 AM, November 15th 2013 (Temporarily)
Quit Yu-Gi-Oh Sat 11:15 AM, December 14th 2013 (for good)
SE: Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #22
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix will become famous soon enoughxTenraix will become famous soon enough
Default

Honestly, I hate Guard. Now that Wind-Ups are no longer an issue I feel no need to run him any longer. Plus it frees up space for other things of more valued usage. This is the same reason why I no longer run Compulsory Evacuation Device. I used to love the card but I just no longer like the card anymore. I end up not needing it at all. Here's my build if you're interested. And yes, I know 42 cards seem like a bit too much but it's honestly not and the deck runs perfect at 42.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #23
Black_Lord_Crow
Gusto Master
 
Black_Lord_Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decks: Psychic Gusto (Master),Blue-Eyes Maiden (Master), Gagaga Deck (Fun Deck)
Age: 22
Posts: 1,588
iTrader: 6 (88%)
Black_Lord_Crow is on a distinguished road
Default

So all of that Ranting about GK's being too slow, and practically a dead deck for what exactly. You now have the backbone to pick up the Deck again and try to adapt it to the ever changing Meta.

What makes you think that GK's are dead anyway?

Just because you as a player cant win with them doesn't mean other players are having the same single minded aproach your having on the deck. In reality, Yes GK's cant keep up but thats only because the Meta decks now rely on Monster effects as much as the graveyard.
The other thing is they dont interact with anyother card in the GY now or activate when sent for a cost such as Mermail. So if yoir going to continue whinning about the March 2013 Meta you may aswell stop playing now and save yourself the heartache, and the rest of us your droll rants about the same thing.

Either learn to play against the Meta using GK's, get another Anti Meta Deck or Stop playing.

Duel Hard or go Home.
__________________
Black_Lord_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #24
khalildh
Cogitate!?!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,021
iTrader: 0
khalildh is on a distinguished road
Default

Nice build tenrai I might test it later.

I seriously can't see why other people don't think they should be running 2x Mind Crush and 2x DDV main decked.

Especially DDV, GK can play that card turn 1 or 2 with relative ease, usually if drawn they have the ability to set up for it quicker than a dark world deck would be able to.
__________________
I win.
khalildh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 AM   #25
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix will become famous soon enoughxTenraix will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalildh View Post
Nice build tenrai I might test it later.

I seriously can't see why other people don't think they should be running 2x Mind Crush and 2x DDV main decked.

Especially DDV, GK can play that card turn 1 or 2 with relative ease, usually if drawn they have the ability to set up for it quicker than a dark world deck would be able to.
I may run them in the main deck after Tachyon Galaxy.

Mind Crush + Royal Tribute = Profit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.