Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
jesseplaysyugioh
Pojo Veteran

Default my blackwing deck for march 2013

i played blackwings after they got hit by a few banlists, then two formats ago when chaos dragons, inzektors, and heros were everywhere. now here i am again dueling with blackwings.

if you want to test this deck:
-1 Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
+1 Forbidden Lance

http://i.imgur.com/55O5R3x.png

monsters: 25
2 Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
3 Blackwing - Bora the Spear
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
3 Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
3 Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
3 Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn
2 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
1 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Dark Simorgh
3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
2 Strike Ninja

spells: 10
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Dark Hole
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
2 Pot of Duality
1 Reinforcement of the Army

traps: 9
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Ninjitsu Art of Transformation
3 Icarus Attack
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Solemn Warning

if you have comments concerns or complaints let me know.

EDIT:
so il respond to the comments here.

the ninja engine is pretty straight forward. to explain it il take the engine out and explain the deck.

3 sirocco, 3 bora, 3 shura, 3 kalut, 2 blizzard 1 gale, 1 zephyros are the blackwings. how am i suppsoed to win with those? well, with support, shura brings out vayu and either uses icarus to tribute vayu to pop 2 to eventually turn that vayu into a +1 (blackwings gain slow card advantage honestly...) by using vayu and sirocco or armed wing to special summon a synchro, or shura and vayu can synchro summon gram, cough cough, Vortex the Whirlwind or catastor. both of those suck, level 5 synchros suck ****. maybe android over catastor, idk. blizzard is used to get that armed wing out. i only run 2 cuz 3 means il open with it. i dont like opening with it. sirocco himself is cool to run over thunder kings, even at 2, heros opening fields, does really well against most opening fields, except set gk spy, at least kills Snowman Eater, which is fine with me, sirocoo needs to be in the grave.

so since i need sirocco and vayu in the grave to get my added bonuses i run the ninja engine. i normally dont run Dark Simorgh or the 2 strike ninjas, but they both work in blackwings. i have tons of darks in the grave that arent vayu and sirocco/armed wing, so Strike Ninja is useful to avoid traps/poke for 1700(really useful). he also acts as a target for hanzos second eff, which doesnt happen often but it does, or allows me to have more ninjitsu art targets in case i draw it. Strike Ninja + transformation is actually pretty brutal. i can also pull a turn one Dark Simorgh if i go first. i never know when to play the transformation, ie wait for them to summon, but sometimes poeple set first. it sucks, but i cant take the risk a lot of the time.

without the 9 card ninja engine, the deck relys on blizzard and being able to normal sirocco alone to have any card advantage with vayu. Foolish Burial isnt needed in this deck because of transformation. its both Foolish Burial, or an extra direct attack, or a sirocco. its whatever i need. why bother running any other traps and what not if i can run what i need? the faster i get what i need the better chance i have at winning. playing a slow paced trap game allows both players to gather cards. being able to go summon sirocco turn 1, then turn 2 summon hanzo set ninjitsu, if i didnt open it, turn 3 i have major plays. if things dont go as planned, i have sirocco + vayu in the grave. bora just makes everything better. summon hanzo, they set, if i have bora, i can transform into sirocco, special bora, and pierce for 3700. the ninja engine just allows for consistency and versatility. whereas adding staple traps allows for unneeded reassurance for when my opponent makes better plays than me.

Last edited by jesseplaysyugioh : 02-25-2013 at 03:45 PM.
jesseplaysyugioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
ROBO1975
Just Got Here

-1 Simorgh(put in side deck)
-1 Sirroco(put in side deck)
-2 Ninjitsu Art of Transformation(put in side deck)
-2 Strike Ninja(put in side deck)
-2 Forbidden Lance
+1 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8
+1 Royal Decree
+2 Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation
+2 Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV6
+2 Forbidden Dress

Side into Simorgh/Strike Ninja/sirroco/Ninjutsu Trans if needed after game one.
Hope this was some help.

Source:
Blackwing Player 2013

Last edited by ROBO1975 : 02-24-2013 at 09:52 AM.
ROBO1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
jesseplaysyugioh
Pojo Veteran

The changes you suggested lean towards a more ninja stun deck. I don't want to runs. ninja deck. the ninjas are in there as extra copies of any Blackwing i need at any time. Whether it be transform into Shura and combo with kalut or bora, or transform into sirocco and drop a gale or bora or vayu or something, swap into simorgh turn one to be a ****. The simorgh play hurts everyone iv tested against but six sams because they gateway otk me reguardless. Gate way needs to be banned...

If you took out all the ninja stuff, the 3 hanzo 2 strike 2 art and the simorgh, you would be takingout the decks consistency. You remove my ability to transform into the piece i need, vayu or sirocco. If I can get two sirocco out and special a gale or bora iv got gg.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
selficide

dark simorgh doesn't really have synergy in blackwings because all of them are dark. you need wind targets for summon consistency. the tech with ninjas does let you search, but when you look at it this way you have 5 targets for ninjitsu art transformation. with 25 monsters total the deck will slow down considerably. if you want to speed it up you need more ninjas such as Upstart Golden Ninja

if you are wanting to keep playing DaD having the ninja tech wouldn't be as effective as something with graveyard control

personally my fix for you would be drop the ninja tech and go for staples.
-1 simorgh
-3 hanzo
-2 strike
-2 NaT

+6 Call Of The Haunted, Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force any combo
+1 Forbidden Lance
+1 dprison

if you really had to you could go

3 hanzo
3 upstart
2 NaT

Last edited by selficide : 02-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.
selficide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
jesseplaysyugioh
Pojo Veteran

Dark simorgh is a winged beast, icarus target. He's allure food if I draw him and have no ninja play. but I open hanzo a lot. So first turn simorgh hurts a lot of decks.

But, with transformation, I get sirocco or vayu if it needs be. The ninjas are just for added consistency.

I have tons of grave control. Strike Ninja and vayu. And blizzard.

Additional Comment:

bump for updated OP

Last edited by jesseplaysyugioh : 02-25-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

I really hope you are joking with the -1 Kalut.. And your Ninjas and Simorgh just very effectively slow this deck because that is what it looks you are trying to do.

-ALL ninja $#!1
-2 Sirocco (Really? 1 is needed)
-1 Vayu (^ again)

+1 Blizzard
+1 Gorz
+2 TKRO

-2 Duality (This deck spams like crazy and you want to slow that down?)
-1 ROTA

+2 Dark Eruption (Great in this deck)
+1 Foolish Burial (For Vayu/Sirocco/Any other Blackwing to use the effect of Vayu)
+2 MST (Needed to counter your opponent because of the lack of protection)

-1 Icarus Attack (2 is enough)
-2 Ninjitsu

+2 Torrential

That also solves your problem of being way over 40... And your explanation sucks about the Ninja engine because it doesn't work that good. Pure Blackwings is much faster. Wow Tenrai was right about how you post crap decks/comments everywhere.
ArmadilloZ is offline   Reply With Quote