Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Default Bloody Mist Village (March 2013) Mist Valley Ninjas

The Originial "Bloody Mist Village: Mist Valley Ninjas"
Designed by Diabound777

This deck has seemingly took pojo by Storm, inspiring a new way of running ninjas. Focused on Avian's negation, the deck differs from normal Mist Valley Builds because of its purposeful omission of Divine Wind in the main deck and the versatility afforded to it by the particular card choices that took it's place. Using numerous combos that step outside of the simple Avian+Divine Wind set up, this deck has proven to be far more consistent and effective than other previous Mist Valley Ninja builds. As the originator of the deck, this is it's planned design after the release of HA07.

Quote:

Bloody Mist Village: 7 Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist
(click for image)

Monsters 16

3 Mist Valley Falcon
3 Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
3 Upstart Golden Ninja
2 Karakuri Ninja mdl 339 "Sazank"
1 Strike Ninja
1 Red Dragon Ninja
1 Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
1 Dark Simorgh
1 Mist Valley Apex Avian

Spells 6

2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army

Traps 18

3 Call Of The Haunted
3 Ninjitsu Art of Transformation
3 Fiendish Chain
2 Anti-Spell Fragrance
2 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Ninjitsu Art of Duplication
1 Starlight Road

Extra Deck 15

2 Heroic Champion - Excalibur
1 Evilswarm Ouroboros
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Starliege Paladynamo
1 Diamond Dire Wolf
1 Lightning Chidori
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Gagaga Cowboy
1 Stardust Dragon

Side Deck 15

2 Macro Cosmos
2 Soul Drain
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Mind Crush
2 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Icarus Attack
1 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
The deck originally earned it's name because it originally only ran seven different monsters at any given time, giving it amazing consistency and what I've found to be the perfect ratio. The deck has changed drastically from it's initial beginnings, once focused on White Dragon Ninja, and then eventually a variant that could side between two builds. Nonetheless, after mastering my own way of running them I find Mist Valley Ninjas to be superior and prepared a complete side deck in order to maximize its effectiveness against essentially any meta deck. For further details, read the post below for a more indepth guide of the deck and it's mechanics.

Additional Comment:

Strategy Guide:

The best comparison for the playstyle of this deck is a more consistent Dino Rabbit. Using Hanzo and RoTA, the deck has an extremely high chance of opening with what's needed to bring out Apex Avian following your first turn. Not only that, but factor in the possibility of opening with NAT and Upstart as another way of bringing him out, the deck almost always consistently brings out it's "Laggia" of sorts in the opening turn. Using Avian in a similar fashion, the deck uses extensive backrow to force your opponent into a grind out game, luring them into over extension. However, it's the deck's other mechanics which imo make it superior. Focusing on Advantage, in terms of hand as well as field presence, the deck uses stun not in order to create locks, but simply to disrupt. Using said disruption, and operating efficiently, it is able to compete with an otherwise overpowering meta.

Instead of 1900/1700 Vanillas the deck features Mist Valley Falcon. In addition to fueling Avian's negation, Falcon recycles ninjitsu arts, Fiendish Chain, Call Of The Haunted, and can even bounce Hanzo's back to your hand just by attacking. Getting over the bothersome TKRO, Falcon is a key in the deck's consistency, allowing it to generate advantage and stage comebacks from broken set ups.

Nevertheless, after bringing out Avian, the deck has several other follow up plays centering around it's other ninjas: Upstart Golden Ninja, Sazank, and Red Dragon Ninja. The first, Upstart, is a widely discredited card. Using it's effect, while costing a trap (of which I run 18) allows me to summon a Hanzo who then searches another ninja (usually another upstart). In other words, I essentially +1 in order to summon a rank 4 (warrior exclusive ones included) as well as ensuring a follow up play next turn by adding another Upstart to my hand. Some may have their qualms about the card, but since the deck focuses on advantage, he is actually the perfect side kick for Hanzo.

The second ninja, Sazank is perhaps the best spot removal in the game. The specific wording in its effect to send a monster to the grave, rather than destroy, allows it to get over essentially anything, especially when attacked in the battle phase. Not only this, but it adds another target for Hanzo to search when special summoned, as well as a rank 3 engine of sorts when used with Red Dragon Ninja and Duplication, leading into the last ninja.

Red Dragon Ninja, as many may know, is a card I feel very strongly about. It seems few understand the power of this card, but put simply, it wins games. This deck, as stated, focuses on advantage. After luring my opponent into using the majority of their resources, spinning one of their last few cards and cutting off their draw (as well as revealing what the set card was) essentially functions as an archetypal Yata-lock. Instead of giving my opponent the chance to top deck that MST, Heavy Storm, BLS, Dark Hole, etc., I trap them in a loop.

This, however, is not Red Dragon Ninjas only use, as it functions as a rank 3 engine of sorts by using Duplication to tutor two Sazank from the deck. Utilizing it in your opponent's end phase can essentially lead to 3 of the deck's marquee plays: an OTK, a costless shock master, or a 3 card Falcon-Avian set up.

The final aspect of the deck's strategy revolves around Dark Simorgh. The crippling Anti-Spell Fragrance combo is capable in this deck, but that, however, is not where Simorgh shines. In fact, Simorgh's value comes from his understated revival effect. Initially seeming like a harsh -2, forcing you to banish 1 Wind and 1 Dark monster, the deck actually makes use of this effect rather effectively. With Avian bouncing itself and Falcons to your hand in order to negate cards, Simorgh will almost always have Wind fodder for his effect. Nonetheless, it is the inclusion of Strike Ninja which really makes it all possible, giving the deck a searchable dark for exactly this purpose. Using the Rise Simorgh, Rise! combo, you can effectively bring Simorgh from the deck to your field as a product of an Upstart play. With it's built in stun effect and it's ability to be special summoned from the grave, Simorgh has become a huge part of the deck by helping preserve field presence and making use of that in-hand Avian. It's strongest attribute, however, is definitely it's ability to be used with both of the side-decked Viruses, making it even deadlier game 2 and 3.

Deck Combos:

Quote:
Duplication (OTK, Falcon-Avian, or Shock-Lock)

All you need is Hanzo and a ninjitsu art card in your opening hand. Summon Hanzo to search the other ninjitsu art you need, then as stated, use it in an opponent's end phase. Activate NAT to summon Red Dragon Ninja, banishing Hanzo to spin one of their set cards. Next, use duplication to tribute Red Dragon Ninja and tutor out two Sazanks (setting if needed to clear opponent's monsters). In your turn, flip and overlay them into Leviair who can then special summon Hanzo, allowing you to search a ninja from your deck (Upstart Golden Ninja). Now you have 3 options, depending on your hand. If you have a trap on hand, you can do as follows:

Summon Upstart Golden Ninja and use his effect to discard a trap and summon Hanzo, allowing you to search another ninja (+1). Now, if the opponent's field is clear/vulnerable, you can OTK by overlaying Upstart with the newly summoned Hanzo to make Blade Armor Ninja. Now you will have exactly 8000 damage on the field, stemming from 3 cards (Hanzo, a Ninjitsu Art, and Trap). A more consistent approach than the OTK is to use all three ninjas to overlay into Shock Master. This formation gives you a more secure way to continue to lock out your opponent without risking things like Gorz, Trag, etc. In addition, Red Dragon Ninja's effect gives additional assistance in reading what to call with Shock Master's.

The other option differs from the other two, whereas instead of a trap you require Mist Valley Falcon to be present in your hand (or some way to summon it). Essentially, instead of summoning Upstart, you summon Falcon whom you attack with in order to bounce the NAT left behind by Red Dragon Ninja. Then, using it in your opponent's next standby, you can then tutor out Apex Avian. Once again, you will have an established field (Falcon, Avian, and Leviair) all from essentially 3 cards (Hanzo, Ninjitsu Art, and Falcon). In either case, the amount of advantage generate from this one play is staggering (not to mention the amount of deck thinning it results in).
Quote:
The Ultimate Triangle (Avian-Falcon lock)

All you need for this is Hanzo, NAT, and CoTH in your opening hand. With 2 Dualities, RoTA and 3 of each combo piece, this happens more often than one would think. Summon Hanzo to search another NAT, then in your opponent's standby phase, use it to bring out Avian, following with CoTH to bring back Hanzo and search a ninja. Finally, use your last NAT to bring out a Falcon, and now you have 2 lines of negation, and in your turn, when/if you attack with Falcon you can bounce CoTH. Perhaps the best play in the deck.
Quote:
Costless Shock Master

All you need is CoTH, a spare trap, and a Hanzo in grave. Simply use CoTH on Hanzo, search Upstart and summon it to use it's effect to bring out another Hanzo and search another Upstart. Now you can make shock master or any rank 4 xyz that needs 3 materials.
Quote:
Elite XYZ OTK

For this you need a grave with either Upstart or Hanzo as well as Zephyros and will need two cards: CoTH+a spare trap. Simply use CotH to bring back Hanzo/Upstart, where in the case with Hanzo you search Upstart to summon it. Then using Upstart's effect summon another Upstart (in the case of reviving Upstart with CoTH, summon Hanzo to search a Upstart you can then normal summon). Then, overlaying Hanzo with the used Upstart, overlay into Blade Armor Ninja. Next, special summon Zephyros from the grave and bounce CoTH to your hand in order to discard it for a second Upstart effect, summoning Hanzo and searching another ninja. Now overlay Upstart and Hanzo into Excalibur and you will have 10,000 worth of attack power on the field. If zephyros is not in your grave, you can adjust the combo overlaying the first Hanzo+Upstart into Lavalval Chain and dump it that way. The only issue is at the end of that combo there will only be 7,800 worth of attack power on the field, but in many occasions, this will still be enough. Similarly, in late game scenarios where you may have too many of your Hanzo's/Upstart's in the grave, you can summon Daigusto Emeral for the first rank 4 to recycle the ninja engine as well as draw a card, making the combo essentially costless advantage wise.
Quote:
Red Dragon Ninja Loop

Using CoTH and Falcon, you continously revive and destroy Red Dragon Ninja by bouncing CoTH with Falcon when you attack. Once Red Dragon Ninja's effect goes off 2-3 times you'll usually win the game. The combo also serves as a good way to bring out Avian since it's not abnormal to have a dead NAT waiting around for Falcon to bounce and use on Red Dragon Ninja.
Quote:
Rise Simorgh, Rise!

Essentially, you will more times than not have a wind monster on hand from negating with Avian. This combo is a way to give you instant field presence for OTK scenarios, or just to bring out Simorgh in general. All you need, not counting Avian/a wind monster, is Upstart and a trap. Essentially, assuming you used Avian to negate a card, you can use Upstart to summon Hanzo and search Strike Ninja. Next, overlay into Lavalval Chain and dump Simorgh, following up by banishing Avian and Strike Ninja from your hand to revive it with it's effect. Really useful way to make one of your boss monsters live without much set up.

The Side Deck:

Before fully understanding the side deck you must understand the deck in and of itself. The main things to note in this section are the stun cards: Fiendish Chain (to some extent), Anti-Spell Fragrance, and Vanity's Emptiness. Fiendish Chain pretty much slows down any deck, especially at 3. Anti-Spell Fragrance is perhaps the first card many will see and question. In order to understand it's placement, however, you must conceptualize it in actual practice. From an opening turn, most players rely on spells to do a number of things:

1. Clear the opponent's backrow
2. search necessary combo pieces/offer consistency (POD, etc).
3. Clear problems their monsters cannot otherwise get over

A first turn Anti-Spell Fragrance (especially in a deck with only 7 spells) is absolutely devastating and throws off the opponent completely. Now, plays which may have been live, are delayed. The entire timing of their deck is thrown off and as a result the flow suffers. Dueling under Anti-Spell, the opponent is forced to sit on top decks which may have otherwise drastically changed the game. Perhaps the most beneficial aspect of Anti-Spell Fragrance is how it completely trolls first turn Heavy Storms, as well as securing that Avian stay out long enough to summon a Falcon the following turn.

The next card, perhaps the most skillful aspect of the deck, is Vanity's Emptiness. Once the timing is mastered, Vanity's Emptiness, in the right hands, is essentially a one sided Royal Oppression. This is because Falcon makes it the biggest troll card in the game, bouncing it, allowing you to special summon and re use it to stop your opponent. Not only this, but after establishing solid field presence, Vanity's makes it extremely hard for your opponent to answer your 2k+ beaters. Especially with Solemn being cut down to 1, Vanity's is extremely necessary.

Now you may ask, "WTF does this have to do with the side deck?" The fact is, many cards/methods people would side deck normally are already featured in my deck. While many players rely on specific hard sides, game 2 or 3, while they may have more answers for the opponent, they do so at the cost of their own consistency/deck synergy. For example, take this match against Fire Fists. I won game 1 by using Avian+Falcon to bait out all his back row and securing advantage. The next game, my opponent sides in multiple veilers, and even a rivalry of the warlords while I only sided in a extra MST and Dust Tornado. While my cards didn't mess with my consistency at all, his were heavily hindered when all he drew were cards he sided and not the necessary parts of his consistency engine. Sure, he slowed down my deck (using veiler on both Hanzo summons) but at the cost of not having cards to make his own strategy work. In this way, I've built the side deck to whereas there are only specific circumstances/match ups that call for preplanned siding. They are the following:

Quote:
2 Macro Cosmos
2 Soul Drain

These two are pretty straight forward. You can stop a lot of decks with Macro and Soul Drain, and in some match ups, having either/both out will force them to auto-lose. Obvious candidates are Dark World, Merlanteans, Fire Kings, etc.

2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Mind Crush
[i]
Need added back row for a grind-out match? These get the job done. CED is probably one of the best chainable traps, and Mind Crush let's you disrupt your opponent's plays before they happen. These do well against a wide-range of decks, with CED being an obvious out to Ophion for the Verz match up. Mind Crush can shut down a lot of the advantage meta decks are able to generate, and if sided alongside the Viruses, it can be absolutely devastating.

2 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
1 Deck Devastation Virus

The Virus cards. Simorgh allows you to access both, with Ouroboros and Blackship of Corn being other options from the extra deck. Side as needed, since both can be devastating after assessing the match up. Obviously this works well against Prophecy, Verz (for traps), etc. Nonetheless, side these in whenever you notice your opponent having an unbalanced amount of spells/traps or monsters below 1500. Even if it isn't the auto-win condition as in some match ups, by allowing you to see your opponent's hand, the viruses are huge since much of Avian's strategy depends on reading the opponent.

1 The Transmigration Prophecy

Tech card that does well against grave reliant decks such as Dark World, Fire Kings, etc. Also if you find yourself relying on the Upstart engine, this card can help you extend it.

1 Dust Tornado
1 Mystical Space Typhoon

Added backrow removal, enough said...

1 Karakuri Ninja Mdl 339 "Sazank"

Ophion/Laggia Killer, helps a lot, especially when going second since it gives the deck a consistent defensive option.
FAQ:

Quote:
What are your bad match ups?

In terms of the TCG meta, atm I would say no. The toughest is perhaps Dark World whom can sack you if you don't set up fast enough a d since they side EEV and sometimes Skill Drain. Anything that uses those two cards is bad news for this deck. This is off set by the deck having answers for most decks you can expect in a competitive environment.
Quote:
Why do you use Strike Ninja?

Many may know, Strike is one of my favorite cards. Nostalgia aside, however, he is a key contributor to this deck, giving it an extra Level 4 Ninja to bring out Level 7 NAT targets. In addition, being Dark, he is searchable Simorgh fodder I am willing to part with, and enables one of the deck's most basic combos which focuses on maintaining field presence after Avian bounces itself. His eff. is not the reason I run him, and if you look at him for his effect alone, you're missing the point of his inclusion in the deck. Not to mention, Hanzo searches from him being special summoned is one of the key ways this deck maintains advantage. Strike helps extend the use of those tactics, as well as giving you options other than Sazank, Upstart, or RDN.
Specific Match Ups:

It's often asked how this deck matches up with other decks, as well as specifically what do I side in or out for each match up. In order to help out, being that this is an important part of understanding this deck, I have made a generic guide that should give you somewhat of an idea of what to do for the top 4 match ups: Prophecy, Verz, Water, and Fire Fist. The key word is "generic." This is made in a general sense, and you should always account for an opponent's playstyle, personal tech's, as well as if you are going first or second. Most of these decisions were made by siding out ineffective (or less effective) cards in order to fit in hard counters, or cards that fare better.

Quote:
Prophecy

The main additions are 2 Macro, 2 Mind Crush, and 2 EEV, in exchange for Sazanks, Mirror Force, Starlight Road, 1 Fiendish Chain and Duplication. Since priestess tends to pop those cards before they are of use, or they are simply negated, they are dropped for hard counters which if used from early on can ensure game or at least disrupt them. EEV is auto-win at pretty much any point, and the main decked anti-spells also put in work.

Verz

Once again, EEV is a primary addition, as well as 2 CED, Dust Tornado, and the third Sazank. Taking out Mirror Force, Duplication, Zephy, Starlight Road, and the 2 Anti-spells, the deck drops semi-non effective cards for more spot removal. In addition EEV and the added backrow removal helps combat their heavy back row.

Water

In this instance I add in 2 Macro, 2 Soul Drain, 2 Mind Crush, MST, and DDV, taking out Sazanks, Zephy, both Anti-Spells, Mirror Force, Starlight Road and Duplication. Macro and Soul Drain put them in a tough situation and DDV can drain a lot of their resources. The extra MST is to shut down their sphere plays. Mind Crush allows for you to disrupt the searches they get.

Fire Fist

For this match up, the key additions were 2 EEV, 2 CED, 2 Mind Crush and MST, taking out Sazanks, Mirror Force, Duplication, Vanity's, and Starlight Road. These adjustments were mostly made to shut them down via virus or disrupt their plays with added back row/back row removal. Mind Crush shuts down Tenki searches, making them a lot easier to deal with as well. By taking out Sazank who is likely to get popped and other less effective cards, the deck makes room for hard counters.
Examples:

Quote:
Duplication OTK

Simple Duplication play with the added bonus of having Call Of The Haunted in the mix. Second turn OTK.
Quote:
Red Dragon Ninja For Game

Red Dragon Ninja spins Starlight Road to the top of my opponent's deck to go for game. Avian's negation ensured it.
Quote:
Simorgh Seals the Deal

Red Dragon Ninja not only clears the way for Simorgh, but by sending it to the top of my opponent's deck, and bringing out Simorgh in the standby, it turned their top deck into a dead draw causing scoopage.
Quote:
Garasu-Jitsu

First using RDN on Token Stampede to send it to the top of my opponents deck, the following turn I spun it again by summoning Lightning Chidori, ensuring game.
Quote:
Rise Simorgh, Rise!

Using the Rise Simorgh, Rise! combo to finish off an OTK. Had summoned Chain during my first turn to dump Avian and revive it with Monster Reborn He eventually baited Avian's negation but I used CoTH in his end phase to bring back Hanzo, search Upstart, who I summoned to summon another Hanzo and search Strike Ninja. Dumped Simorgh with Lavaval Chain, and brought back Simorgh banishing Avian and Strike.
Quote:
Simorgh's Bloody Lock Down

Just how it sounds, locked down a Sams player with the Simorgh lock, flipping Vanity's after his first summon. Needless to say, he was powerless to deal with that type of lock. Experience told me take a picture before he raged, and wow was I right. Guy threw a tantrum, called the admin and tried trolling saying continuous traps go to the grave during the end phase like abyssphere -_- (true story, ask the witnesses). That's the type of rage this deck creates.
Quote:
Bird Flu

Making the best of Upstart and 3 NAT, I discarded one to bring out Hanzo (searching another Upstart), set the other 2 along with EEV and MST, then forced a rage quit game 3. In his standby I activated both NAT to bring out Simorgh and Avian, using EEV on Simorgh and calling spells.
Quote:
Upstart's Rebellion

In classic fashion, Upstart shows his worth. I didn't open with Hanzo, but he got the job done as an NAT tribute to make the Simorgh lock. Using Call Of The Haunted and a trap, I brought out Lavalval Chain and Shock Master the next turn for a +1. Breakdown: CoTH on Upstart, Upstart's eff. to summon Hanzo and search Upstart. Overlay Hanzo and Upstart into Lavalval Chain, dump Zephy, use Zephy's eff. to bounce a trap (in this case I chose fiendish). Summon Upstart, use it's eff. sending the bounced trap to the grave, summon Hanzo, search a ninja, and overlay all three into Shock Master.
Quote:
Bird Control

No explanation needed, but since it's E. Dragons :-p...Basically, used Upstart to bring out Hanzo and open with the Simorgh lock and Avian on the side. I guess he planned on adding burner back to his hand and then trying to do some damage, but when I summoned Hanzo, and brought out Falcon in his next standby phase, things got complicated.

Last edited by diabound777 : 04-20-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
Deck-Crafter001
Dragonslayer

I like it a lot, but do you ever actually side in Strike Ninja? I feel like a second Simorgh might work better in that spot.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
under666
Sage

One of the best decks I've ever laid my eyes upon. Great job as always, man. Sad to see you go, I've always thought you are a great player. Hopefully we will keep in contact through DN/PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck-Crafter001 View Post
I like it a lot, but do you ever actually side in Strike Ninja? I feel like a second Simorgh might work better in that spot.
Yeah, whenever I side in my 2-3 Thunderbird (normally siding out Sazanks) I always try and fit in Strike Ninja to keep my ninja ninjitsu art ratio somewhat balanced, especially since the added darks help with its effect. I never expect to use his effect more than once, twice tops, but the extra level 4 ninja is always useful especially in match ups I need to rely on my rank 4 toolbox. Not to mention as a dark, it's fodder for times I have Simorgh sided in and just a decent card imo in comparison to other lvl 4 ninjas, whereas they all have situational effects. I find it more fit for my purposes (getting past extensive backrow). I suppose to that same extent I could test Ebisu....was always kind of turned off from him since it required another ninja and for your opponent to have at least that same amount of backrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by under666
One of the best decks I've ever laid my eyes upon. Great job as always, man. Sad to see you go, I've always thought you are a great player. Hopefully we will keep in contact through DN/PM.
For sure man, keep in touch. I really appreciate the kind words. DN's your best bet to catch me since I'm not sure how often I'll be logged in on pojo after a week or so.

Additional Comment:

Updated with complete guide and explanation of side deck. At the bottom I have a section "Areas for Improvement" for people who want to help me fix/make changes. Those are the main changes I'm looking to make.

Additional Comment:

Bump, added combos to the guide.

Last edited by diabound777 : 02-21-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
DassTheBoss

Why no use of Safe Zone? Very versatile with Falcon and all.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
btothewood
Crazy Canuck

I like this thread a lot, lots of good ideas. Can you explain why no divine wind though? Even at 1-2 it can be devastating with avian on field.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
under666
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by btothewood View Post
I like this thread a lot, lots of good ideas. Can you explain why no divine wind though? Even at 1-2 it can be devastating with avian on field.
Inconsistency. Bad hands.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
btothewood
Crazy Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by under666 View Post
Inconsistency. Bad hands.
Huh. Just seems that negations would be harder to achieve (not counting when apex bounces itself) with no field spell to easily bounce.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
under666
Sage

This deck plays similar to dino rabbit. A play with Avian is like a play with Laggia; avian with a couple of traps and just bounce itself if needed. One-time negation, but it will still be able to come back and, if you have a falcon, even better.

Divine Wind is just inconsistent.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DassTheBoss View Post
Why no use of Safe Zone? Very versatile with Falcon and all.

No Safe Zone because I don't have any main deck monsters that need it (like WDN or Simorgh). Avian is it's own protection and more often than not it would end up having to bounce itself and detach from Safe Zone anyways. It does have some nice utility with Falcon, but I find there are other cards that serve in a wider array of situations. Safe Zone is more so for builds focused on establishing locks, and that's not what I attempt to do in my playstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btothewood
The thing is, even though Divine Wind does give that extra line of negation, that is usually it's only purpose, and as such, is very situational. There are builds designed to abuse it's actual effect, but they suffer from the inconsistency with the added focus on wind monsters (though they do have some really nice combos when it gets going). The main thing though is that I try and build my decks to have as much synergy as possible, and without Apex, Divine Wind has pretty much no synergy with the other pieces of the deck. Essentially every card I run warrants a spot over it. From an openning hand, Apex+3-5 Backrow is what I rather rely on as to negate/control the game.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
btothewood
Crazy Canuck

That's fair, I can understand that. How about BLS? Generally a win condition on his own, and I usually find that the ninjas toolbox enough to bring him out pretty easily.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
under666
Sage

i agree on BLS. too broken to not run. i would -1 Mirror Force +1 bls
Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
xTenraix
Spurs > Heat

Wow, this looks absolutely amazing. Do you mind if I test this out?
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by btothewood View Post
That's fair, I can understand that. How about BLS? Generally a win condition on his own, and I usually find that the ninjas toolbox enough to bring him out pretty easily.
Quote:
i agree on BLS. too broken to not run. i would -1 Mirror Force +1 bls
That's true...In the building process I never used him too much, either because I didn't draw him or when I did I didn't need him. While he is broken, what made me decide against maining it was how I liked that pretty much every part of the deck was searchable. The true strength of this deck is it's consistency, because outside of drawing Avian/Red Dragon Ninja (the latter not being nearly as bad) you can pretty much rely on the deck to provide you with whatever you need since I max all the combo pieces. If I did add him in I would have to drop a monster for him though because I'm really happy with my ratio for upstart plays and overall control purposes. For now I'll try and fit it into the side since the most likely candidate whom I would swap him out for is Zephy, and as you see, I just stumbled on a solid OTK with him lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix
Wow, this looks absolutely amazing. Do you mind if I test this out?
Thanks. And sure you can test it, my main thing is just give credit.

Last edited by diabound777 : 02-21-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
under666
Sage

http://i.imgur.com/0PW9cAu.png

combo is incredibly easy to pull off...
Old 02-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
xTenraix
Spurs > Heat

He pretty much scooped.
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/0PW9cAu.png

combo is incredibly easy to pull off...
Yea, between the new Zephy OTK and Duplication combos, the deck randomly just spams XYZ. It's pretty crazy how broken these combos are.

@xTenraix Get used to it, lol. You will barely get to finish your games. People give up out of frustration. Almost all my examples are rage quits for a reason. I rarely get to play out my games :-\
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #18
Gem0
Garden Duelist

I know my ninja deckness is ignorant, but what is the point of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
your a genius your like the Jesus of Gravekeeping! lol
Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
under666
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem0 View Post
I know my ninja deckness is ignorant, but what is the point of Ninjitsu Art of Duplication?
Duplication (OTK, Falcon-Avian, or Shock-Lock) - All you need is Hanzo and a ninjitsu art card in your opening hand. Summon Hanzo to search the other ninjitsu art you need, then as stated, use it in an opponent's end phase. Activate NAT to summon Red Dragon Ninja, banishing Hanzo to spin one of their set cards. Next, use duplication to tribute Red Dragon Ninja and tutor out two Sazanks (setting if needed to clear opponent's monsters). In your turn, flip and overlay them into Leviair who can then special summon Hanzo, allowing you to search a ninja from your deck (Upstart Golden Ninja). Now you have 3 options, depending on your hand. If you have a trap on hand, you can do as follows:

Summon Upstart Golden Ninja and use his effect to discard a trap and summon Hanzo, allowing you to search another ninja. (+1) Now, if the opponent's field is clear/vulnerable, you can OTK by overlaying Upstart with the newly summoned Hanzo to make Blade Armor Ninja. Now you will have exactly 8000 damage on the field, stemming from 3 cards (Hanzo, a Ninjitsu Art, and Trap). A more consistent approach than the OTK is to use all three ninjas to overlay into Shock Master. This formation gives you a more secure way to continue to lock out your opponent without risking things like Gorz, Trag, etc. In addition, Red Dragon Ninja's effect gives additional assistance in reading what to call with Shock Master's.

The other option differs from the other two, whereas instead of a trap you require Mist Valley Falcon to be present in your hand (or some way to summon it). Essentially, instead of summoning Upstart, you summon Falcon whom you attack with in order to bounce the NAT left behind by Red Dragon Ninja. Then, using it in your opponent's next standby, you can then tutor out Apex Avian. Once again, you will have an established field (Falcon, Avian, and Leviair) all from essentially 3 cards (Hanzo, Ninjitsu Art, and Falcon). In either case, the amount of advantage generate from this one play is staggering (not to mention the amount of deck thinning it results in).

Additional Comment:

this is what i am using: http://i.imgur.com/rLm0xcB.png

Last edited by under666 : 02-21-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
Gem0
Garden Duelist

Thank you for clarifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
your a genius your like the Jesus of Gravekeeping! lol
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

http://i.imgur.com/ypTTj3l.png

^ Got a good pic of a successful OTK.

Opened with Hanzo, Falcon, Vanity's Emptiness, CoTH, MST, and Fiendish Chain. In typical fashion I summoned Hanzo, searched NAT, set everything but Vanity's and brought out Apex in my opponent's standby phase. He played POD, grabbed Mind Control, set 1 backrow and 1 monster, then in his end phase I use MST (forget what I hit) and play CoTH on Hanzo, searching Upstart. My turn, I draw Sazank, summon Upstart, use it's effect and pitch Vanity's to summon another Upstart. I overlay Hanzo with the used Upstart to make Lavalval Chain and dump Zephy with it's eff. Then, bouncing CoTH, I resummon Zephy and pitch CoTH for Upstart's eff to summon another Hanzo and search Upstart. Finally I overlay into Blade Armor Ninja and proceed to OTK.

OAN, really liking Mirror Force. Since I have so many ways of protecting my backrow, it really can stop an opponent's big pushes. Actually won me the second game of that match after my opponent exploded. It also has a similar effect to Starlight Road, whereas after using it once the opponent second guesses their plays.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Duplication (OTK, Falcon-Avian, or Shock-Lock) - All you need is Hanzo and a ninjitsu art card in your opening hand. Summon Hanzo to search the other ninjitsu art you need, then as stated, use it in an opponent's end phase. Activate NAT to summon Red Dragon Ninja, banishing Hanzo to spin one of their set cards. Next, use duplication to tribute Red Dragon Ninja and tutor out two Sazanks (setting if needed to clear opponent's monsters). In your turn, flip and overlay them into Leviair who can then special summon Hanzo, allowing you to search a ninja from your deck (Upstart Golden Ninja). Now you have 3 options, depending on your hand. If you have a trap on hand, you can do as follows:

Summon Upstart Golden Ninja and use his effect to discard a trap and summon Hanzo, allowing you to search another ninja. (+1) Now, if the opponent's field is clear/vulnerable, you can OTK by overlaying Upstart with the newly summoned Hanzo to make Blade Armor Ninja. Now you will have exactly 8000 damage on the field, stemming from 3 cards (Hanzo, a Ninjitsu Art, and Trap). A more consistent approach than the OTK is to use all three ninjas to overlay into Shock Master. This formation gives you a more secure way to continue to lock out your opponent without risking things like Gorz, Trag, etc. In addition, Red Dragon Ninja's effect gives additional assistance in reading what to call with Shock Master's.

Additional Comment:

this is what i am using: http://i.imgur.com/rLm0xcB.png
Just realized, you can do the zephy play from duplication as well. Simply summon Upstart, but use it's eff to bring out another upstart. (Leviair, Hanzo, Upstart, Upstart*). Overlay Hanzo and Upstart to make Lavalval Chain and dump Zephyros. Then, bounce NAT/Duplication or w.e. to fuel upstart's* eff. and summon Hanzo, searching another ninja (Leviair, Lavalval Chain, Zephy, Upstart, Hanzo). Now you can make Shock Master/Ouroboros or OTK. If Zephy's already in the grave it's pretty much an automatic OTK since you can summon Excalibur instead of Lavalval Chain and finish off with Shock Master to prevent hand traps/whatever.

Damn, it's insane how well these cards work together. I love my deck

Last edited by diabound777 : 02-21-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
under666
Sage

http://i.imgur.com/HoeRr5R.png

jeez wooooot
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
Deck-Crafter001
Dragonslayer

Well I need to find room for Zephyros again.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
diabound777
Oni No Hanzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck-Crafter001 View Post
Well I need to find room for Zephyros again.
I'm telling you, it's busted AF. It made it an entirely different type of beast. The possibilities are endless.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
under666
Sage

dude, it's like, you designed your own archetype lol.