Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
SE: Lain
Pojo Veteran

Default Is Chain Burn the Deck that symbolizes the worst of Yu-Gi-Oh?

There virtually no skill or thought process behind playing Chain Burn, and every player that plays this sad, seedy Deck, is a completely rude POS, and or cynical brat. This in particular comes to mind. I've never met a nice Chain Burn player in the years I've played this game.

It seriously occurs to me, is this Deck just meant for the lower scum in Yu-Gi-Oh?

Last edited by SE: Lain : 02-14-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Cirrostratus
Pojo Veteran

The deck requires tons of knowledge of Chains up to the little intricacies. You have to be able to pilot it well in order to achieve good results. Sure a scrub can be decent at it, but to be really good you have to put the time and effort into analyzing a situation the difference in knowledge can result in a loss that a more seasoned chain burn player would have won.

This is coming from a non-chain burn player.

Also, stop generalizing people as scum, some times people have no money and that's all they can build.

Though it can be a salty loss, man up, you shouldn't be losing to those decks game 2 and 3 anyway.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStormRegalia View Post
The deck requires tons of knowledge of Chains up to the little intricacies. You have to be able to pilot it well in order to achieve good results. Sure a scrub can be decent at it, but to be really good you have to put the time and effort into analyzing a situation the difference in knowledge can result in a loss that a more seasoned chain burn player would have won.

This is coming from a non-chain burn player.

Also, stop generalizing people as scum, some times people have no money and that's all they can build.

Though it can be a salty loss, man up, you shouldn't be losing to those decks game 2 and 3 anyway.
It strips player interaction on a level unlike any other Deck I've seen. And there are no nice CB players. They're ALL cynical little, cowards. Believe me, I've seen Chain Burn players in DN and in real life. Whenever you ask for a rematch, they just give some smug remark and flee.

That's Chain Burn and it's playerbase.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Cirrostratus
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keeper of Grav View Post
It strips player interaction on a level unlike any other Deck I've seen. And there are no nice CB players. They're ALL cynical little, cowards. Believe me, I've seen Chain Burn players in DN and in real life. Whenever you ask for a rematch, they just give some smug remark and flee.

Well that's you. What you are doing is being prejudice. Not ALL chain burn players are *********s, that's like saying ALL the people who play dino rabbit are unskilled. That is simply untrue and you know it.

Most chain burn players have obviously left the game for fun, or are trying to get their rating up. If you want a rematch then play match in dn, it's not that hard click a dot for pete's sake. If you are playing IRL most people don't "flee". Why would you play against a CB player if it wasn't in a tourney, in which they would be required to play the match.

I'm not saying that you are wrong by pointing out that MOST Chain players are pretty nasty just stop assuming it's all of them. Unless of course you have played every single chain burn player in the whole entire world, which you haven't.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Well that's you. What you are doing is being prejudice. Not ALL chain burn players are *********s, that's like saying ALL the people who play dino rabbit are unskilled. That is simply untrue and you know it.

Most chain burn players have obviously left the game for fun, or are trying to get their rating up. If you want a rematch then play match in dn, it's not that hard click a dot for pete's sake. If you are playing IRL most people don't "flee". Why would you play against a CB player if it wasn't in a tourney, in which they would be required to play the match.

I'm not saying that you are wrong by pointing out that MOST Chain players are pretty nasty just stop assuming it's all of them. Unless of course you have played every single chain burn player in the whole entire world, which you haven't.
I think anyone that doesn't play 2 out of 3, be it real life or DN, is a coward who fears that the opponent will catch on to their feeble tactics.

It's just my philosophy, and you should agree no? It's like those people that play Dark World and do not do game 2-3.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #6
boots88
More like..boobs88

There is no thought process behind stupid comments that degrade people for playing a certain kind of deck. Every person that feels a player must play a conventional deck can't look past the fact that this is a GAME with MANY ways of winning.

If you are brought to emotion because people use a certain kind of deck and constantly dwell on it you need help. So what if you don't like the person, you don't know them and even if they're not the nicest person in the world if you were any type of normal person you'd suck it up and move on with your day.

Additional Comment:

You're blowing this way out of proportion.

Last edited by boots88 : 02-14-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
There virtually no skill or thought process behind playing Chain Burn, and every player that plays this sad, seedy Deck, is a completely rude POS, and or cynical brat. This in particular comes to mind. I've never met a nice Chain Burn player in the years I've played this game.

It seriously occurs to me, is this Deck just meant for the lower scum in Yu-Gi-Oh?
Quote:

So you are another one of these CLEARLY ignorant idiots that frequent these forums...

And although is is totally true that anyone CAN play this Deck (Chain Burn) it actually takes an extremely skilled and knowledgable player to make it win consistently...

High knowledge of Chains and Chaining is EXTREMELY important and "Timing" your plays has huge impact on the result...

You can win on occasion with Chain Burn if you have all of the right cards but to win not only consistently but easily and without issue takes real skill...
I'm talking about long term trends someone has with the Deck, not a 1 Tournament or game "Wonder"
And dealing with Decks that are HARD to beat and beating them regardless... Namely Wind-Up's and Six Sams requires intimate knowledge of YOUR Deck and a very good knowledge of their Deck!!!

If you want a REAL "Troll" play against unrestricted Makyura Exodia... Or Self-Destruct Button Decks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrel Dragon_080 View Post
T-Rex, you are one of the most logical and sane people on this site (seriously), I've seen many of your arguments and they pretty much all make perfect sense and are logical.
The HELP HUB... The Help Hub Strategy Guide Link Thread. The Help Hub... Team Thread.
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REX View Post
So you are another one of these CLEARLY ignorant idiots that frequent these forums...

And although is is totally true that anyone CAN play this Deck (Chain Burn) it actually takes an extremely skilled and knowledgable player to make it win consistently...

High knowledge of Chains and Chaining is EXTREMELY important and "Timing" your plays has huge impact on the result...

You can win on occasion with Chain Burn if you have all of the right cards but to win not only consistently but easily and without issue takes real skill...
I'm talking about long term trends someone has with the Deck, not a 1 Tournament or game "Wonder"
And dealing with Decks that are HARD to beat and beating them regardless... Namely Wind-Up's and Six Sams requires intimate knowledge of YOUR Deck and a very good knowledge of their Deck!!!

If you want a REAL "Troll" play against unrestricted Makyura Exodia... Or Self-Destruct Button Decks!!!
I'm not ignorant or an idiot. I just hold overwhelming disdain for players who play volatile Burn Decks, and today, I've decided to release some of my thoughts.

And Exodia does not prevent you from playing the game, unless you consider inconsistent FTKs legitimate.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
I think anyone that doesn't play 2 out of 3, be it real life or DN, is a coward who fears that the opponent will catch on to their feeble tactics.

It's just my philosophy, and you should agree no? It's like those people that play Dark World and do not do game 2-3.
While that MAY be true... In many regards the great thing about DN is that you can only play 1 game if you desire.

Some Decks that you play cannot be countered by your opponent and vice versa... This said I'll most times more than happily play a game 2 against an opponent... That also said I don't play unpopular Decks... Unless I REALLY need to test something out... On DN.

But many players in Rated are using Decks such as Darkwords to raise their rating... That's why I LAUGH when I'm using my Macro Deck... It makes them RAGE that their supposedly easy win and points goes right down the crapper!!!

If I have had a good duel against someone I'll Duel against them again... And if they want to test out a Deck and they have a bad match-up I've also many times CHANGED MY DECK so that they can test it out without having such an imposing restriction on them.

Plus because of connection issues and Game and Rating losses that haven't been warranted I now only play Unrated so that if I lose... Who cares...
Quote:
T-Rex, you are one of the most logical and sane people on this site (seriously), I've seen many of your arguments and they pretty much all make perfect sense and are logical.
The HELP HUB... The Help Hub Strategy Guide Link Thread. The Help Hub... Team Thread.
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
I'm not ignorant or an idiot. I just hold overwhelming disdain for players who play volatile Burn Decks, and today, I've decided to release some of my thoughts.

And Exodia does not prevent you from playing the game, unless you consider inconsistent FTKs legitimate.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Burn Decks DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM PLAYING THE GAME...
SO WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE THEN????????????????????????????????
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
Khellendros1

Location: Kingston Area, Ont. Decks: Chaos Dragons, SoDM Lockdown, Doom Vice

Whats with all this hostility?. Mad at a play style because you can't beat it.. are you 12? Instead getting mad at it, get even with it and find a way to beat it :P. Always fun to make decks specifically to 'Anti deck' your friends lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Pojo Veteran

I'm shocked how you guys can defend Burn Decks.

I started this with the intent of gathering like minded people, to protest to Konami, but I guess it's in vain now.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
Cirrostratus
Pojo Veteran

Quote:

I started this with the intent of gathering like minded people, to protest to Konami, but I guess it's in vain now.
Well your kinda being d*** about it. Would have had no problem if you insulted the deck. You insulted the PEOPLE who play it.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:

Konami is more than aware of the situation of those type of Decks...

But that you attack Burn decks is also equally shocking...
They can be EASILY sided against Game 2 and 3!!!
Royal Decree normally being a Side Deck staple for such a reason!!!
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #15
Khellendros1

Location: Kingston Area, Ont. Decks: Chaos Dragons, SoDM Lockdown, Doom Vice

Try one out for yourself. They're much fun, especially when you get sore losers who will throw their decks around in a fit of abject despondency. Good for a laugh. It's a game, and games are meant to be fun. If you can't have fun (even at the other players expense) well, why play. :P Don't hate the player
Old 02-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Well your kinda being d*** about it. Would have had no problem if you insulted the deck. You insulted the PEOPLE who play it.
Exactly!!!
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REX View Post
Exactly!!!
But the people that play Burn Decks are scrubs or crooks that don't do game 2-3, as I stated before. I feel like I'm entitled to insult them, because everyone else hates these players, and they're cynical anyways
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Lyra
Pegasister

The only place I can see Chain Burn being really annoying is in tournaments like a YCS (yeah it can be a pain on DN, but that's some guy playing one game over the internet so who cares?), but you can side for games 2 and 3 to stop your opponent *cough* Royal Decree *cough*...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelio View Post
Name-calling, insistence on real-world superiority, claims of **********ity...

This is as cliche as internet arguments get.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #19
calm_thinker
dgz veteran

*sighing* 10char
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmushroom View Post
The only place I can see Chain Burn being really annoying is in tournaments like a YCS (yeah it can be a pain on DN, but that's some guy playing one game over the internet so who cares?), but you can side for games 2 and 3 to stop your opponent *cough* Royal Decree *cough*...
Not every Deck can side Decree, especially Gravekeeper's. Even then, why would I side Decree for the minuscule chance some no-life Chain Burn mongoloid will appear?

God I hate Burn players and Burn in general.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
But the people that play Burn Decks are scrubs or crooks that don't do game 2-3, as I stated before. I feel like I'm entitled to insult them, because everyone else hates these players, and they're cynical anyways
Like I also said above... Or did you MISS that part???

I don't play those Decks on DN because I know how everyone hates them...

The only HATED Deck that I have played on DN is Empty Jar because I wanted to test out several theories... And it's an extremely inconsistent OTK/ FTK anyhow... Plus I would only play that in unrated and if any one wanted a Game 2 or 3 I would happily accept... After all it's MUCH harder to win with it Game 2 and 3 and I enjoyed the challenge of trying to win with that disadvantage.

I feel you are more pointing your abuse to those aholes on DN that mock you when they play those type of Decks and win because somehow they are so good!!! Or when they win they just quit without even a word and if they lose they are bad sports and don't even say "GG"

I hate those type of people also, but I normally "GG" them anyhow if they have been reasonable.

I have also tested out Nurse Burn... I also HAPPILY have played Game 2 and 3 with that... If I lose then it gives me opportunity to assess the Deck in more depth... If all I do is WIN it means that when it comes to IRL I will be useless!!!

When I play my Chain Burn, I play it In Real Life that has always seemed the "Honest" way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

I see your point... And I can actually agree with you... But insulting people isn't fair...
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
Cirrostratus
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
As I have stated before, your being worse by generalizing people who play it, your basically, by all means, being the equivalent of racist in yugioh.

This thread now just reeks of a butthurt yugioh player.

EDIT: I'm done trying to convince you, I'm out.
Also, you are never entitled to insult someone unless they have physically or mentally harmed you. Take your head out of your ass.

Last edited by Cirrostratus : 02-15-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #23
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Not every Deck can side Decree, especially Gravekeeper's. Even then, why would I side Decree for the minuscule chance some no-life Chain Burn mongoloid will appear?

God I hate Burn players and Burn in general.
See... Here I am TRYING to be NICE... TO YOU...
But all you can do is be a real pi-crk about it and I really hate ctnu's...
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #24
bambooking1
Sig making god.

I've always found that it's a lot of fun to play against chain burn if they don't open the nuts. It really takes a lot of skill from both players and makes me think a lot.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #25
digimon1111

Dude stop insulting people who play chain burn,they just want to have fun at yugioh with a cheap deck.