Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Vendetta
[Plagued]
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shadows.
Posts: 5,841
iTrader: 0
Vendetta will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Top Decks of March 2013

It's this time of the format where I hold this thread. What do you guys think will be Tier 1-2 for the March 2013 format. Discuss!
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Loran23
Pojo's Best Otaku
 
Loran23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Washington State
Age: 21
Posts: 9,957
iTrader: 122 (100%)
Loran23 is on a distinguished road
Default

Shapesnatch OTK.
Loran23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!
 
Pliko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deep Sea
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 0
Pliko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loran23 View Post
Shapesnatch OTK.
*Sigh* gonna be another OTK format...dam shapesnatch
__________________
TRADES: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1161323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
MyDadWorks4Konami
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 42
iTrader: 0
MyDadWorks4Konami is on a distinguished road
Default

let me look into my crystal ball of awesomeness so i can successfully determine the banlist, future tcg/ocg exclusives, promo cards, etc. then combine my hindsight with vigorous playtesting against myself, and then i will let you know what the best decks will be.
MyDadWorks4Konami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
fridaythe13thxx
Unique Meta
 
fridaythe13thxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,387
iTrader: 0
fridaythe13thxx is on a distinguished road
Default

I feel it is too early to tell, because first what we gotta see what cards are going to get hit and then hidden arsenal comes out.

The Following IMO:

Tier 1
Evilswarm
Mermail
Macro Rabbit
Fireking
Fire Fist/rabbit
Prophecy (I can see this hitting the meta hard)

Tier 2
Not sure yet because I'm sure the decks that will get hit will fall here depending. But...

Agents
Samurai
Geargia Hybrids : I feel they are going to be less played.
Chaos Dragon
inzektor
Madolche
wind-ups (if hit good enough)

I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot, but that is all I can think of for now.
fridaythe13thxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!
 
Pliko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deep Sea
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 0
Pliko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaythe13thxx View Post
I feel it is too early to tell, because first what we gotta see what cards are going to get hit and then hidden arsenal comes out.

The Following IMO:

Tier 1
Evilswarm
Mermail
Macro Rabbit
Fireking
Fire Fist/rabbit
Prophecy (I can see this hitting the meta hard)

Tier 2
Not sure yet because I'm sure the decks that will get hit will fall here depending. But...

Agents
Samurai
Geargia Hybrids : I feel they are going to be less played.
Chaos Dragon
inzektor
Madolche
wind-ups (if hit good enough)

I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot, but that is all I can think of for now.
Geargias are already less played because of mermails, if anything they will see more play IF mermails are hit.

They were topping like mad in TCG until ABYR came out, then they sort of fell off the map. Stupid atlantean marksman -____-
__________________
TRADES: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1161323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
fridaythe13thxx
Unique Meta
 
fridaythe13thxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,387
iTrader: 0
fridaythe13thxx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliko View Post
Geargias are already less played because of mermails, if anything they will see more play IF mermails are hit.

They were topping like mad in TCG until ABYR came out, then they sort of fell off the map. Stupid atlantean marksman -____-
True very true, but we have to consider that Evilswarm Ophion AKA DERPHION is going to stop Geargia Hybrids on their tracks and Agents.

Last edited by fridaythe13thxx : 01-16-2013 at 01:44 AM.
fridaythe13thxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #8
Fresh Lemonade
<3's Rogue Decks
 
Fresh Lemonade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Look at my horse, my hors
Posts: 1,078
iTrader: 5 (100%)
Fresh Lemonade is on a distinguished road
Default

Mermails are not getting hit. I've noticed a trend where these dominant Tier 1 decks stick around for at least 2 formats.

Dino Rabbit survived 3 formats before getting hit by the list;
Inzektors survived 2;
Chaos Dragon survived 2;
Wind-Up (Hand Drop) survived 2
Tengu Plant survived at least 2, maybe 3.

On the contrary, Gishki Hand Drop survived 0 formats. I think this is the only known case of a deck being nerfed BEFORE being TCG legal.

I predict Merlanteans are not getting hit for at least another YEAR, based off this information.

This thread is semi-pointless right now, seeing that we don't know what the banlist is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Pimpson View Post
Hey guess what dude? This is 'Murica. I have a right to ride which ever schlong I want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb View Post
fresh lemonade speaks the truth.
YCS Providence 2012 - 85th (8-3) with Mist Valley Ninja

Youtube Channel

Fresh Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #9
fridaythe13thxx
Unique Meta
 
fridaythe13thxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,387
iTrader: 0
fridaythe13thxx is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Lemonade View Post
Mermails are not getting hit. I've noticed a trend where these dominant Tier 1 decks stick around for at least 2 formats.

Dino Rabbit survived 3 formats before getting hit by the list;
Inzektors survived 2;
Chaos Dragon survived 2;
Wind-Up (Hand Drop) survived 2
Tengu Plant survived at least 2, maybe 3.

On the contrary, Gishki Hand Drop survived 0 formats. I think this is the only known case of a deck being nerfed BEFORE being TCG legal.

I predict Merlanteans are not getting hit for at least another YEAR, based off this information.

This thread is semi-pointless right now, seeing that we don't know what the banlist is.
Thats what I said, but its fun discussion it.

Take a shot a this fun thread lol what do you think.....anazlyze the format after arsenal hits in april lol...
fridaythe13thxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #10
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!
 
Pliko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deep Sea
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 0
Pliko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Lemonade View Post
Mermails are not getting hit. I've noticed a trend where these dominant Tier 1 decks stick around for at least 2 formats.

Dino Rabbit survived 3 formats before getting hit by the list;
Inzektors survived 2;
Chaos Dragon survived 2;
Wind-Up (Hand Drop) survived 2
Tengu Plant survived at least 2, maybe 3.

On the contrary, Gishki Hand Drop survived 0 formats. I think this is the only known case of a deck being nerfed BEFORE being TCG legal.

I predict Merlanteans are not getting hit for at least another YEAR, based off this information.

This thread is semi-pointless right now, seeing that we don't know what the banlist is.
Inzektors survived March 2012, I don't see how Hornet and Dragonfly to 1 can be considered as "survived"

Windup hand loop survived March 2012, was unachievable with zenmaity to 1 (still competitive, just not the loop version)

Tengu plant survived so many formats, that's why Konami got pissed and went HAM on them

Yes to Chaos dragons

Yes to rabbit




Thing is, all your assumptions so far are based on the fact you think all those decks will be nerfed before March, which is only really the case with windups.


Also, did you really want that gishki loop thing? I'm guessing it got hit before getting TCG legal because HA07 comes out in April, which meant another format of gishki loops in OCG, which I guess they couldn't handle

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaythe13thxx View Post
True very true, but we have to consider that Evilswarm Ophion AKA DERPHION is going to stop Geargia Hybrids on their tracks and Agents.
Time to main snowman eaters....??
__________________
TRADES: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1161323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN

Last edited by Pliko : 01-16-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #11
calm_thinker
Brainshock
 
calm_thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Australia
Age: 16
Posts: 8,289
iTrader: 2 (75%)
calm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the rough
Default

Infernity FTW!!!
__________________
DS Friend Code: 3136 - 7992 - 6088
DS Games: Pokémon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
Infernity | Infernity HERO | Sylvan | Ritual Beast
calm_thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #12
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!
 
Pliko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deep Sea
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 0
Pliko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_thinker View Post
Infernity FTW!!!
SACK WORSE THAN LIGHTSWORN!!!!!!
__________________
TRADES: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1161323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #13
Fresh Lemonade
<3's Rogue Decks
 
Fresh Lemonade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Look at my horse, my hors
Posts: 1,078
iTrader: 5 (100%)
Fresh Lemonade is on a distinguished road
Default

Inzektors did play part of the Sept 2011-Mar 2012, so I count that as participating in a format. Even though it didn't have much tournament success, it did force people to main double or triple Veiler.

Same with Wind-Up.
----------

Now, as for the thread topic, I'll take a shot at it.

Verz Rabbit
WATER
Wind-Up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Pimpson View Post
Hey guess what dude? This is 'Murica. I have a right to ride which ever schlong I want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhb View Post
fresh lemonade speaks the truth.
YCS Providence 2012 - 85th (8-3) with Mist Valley Ninja

Youtube Channel

Fresh Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #14
Vendetta
[Plagued]
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Shadows.
Posts: 5,841
iTrader: 0
Vendetta will become famous soon enough
Default

I hope they hit Ophion, but not likely. I'd love to say they will hit Verz but realistically being Konami they won't.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 AM   #15
Pliko
50+ Regional Tops!
 
Pliko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deep Sea
Posts: 1,641
iTrader: 0
Pliko is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Lemonade View Post
Inzektors did play part of the Sept 2011-Mar 2012, so I count that as participating in a format. Even though it didn't have much tournament success, it did force people to main double or triple Veiler.

Same with Wind-Up.
----------

Now, as for the thread topic, I'll take a shot at it.

Verz Rabbit
WATER
Wind-Up
So, less than 2 months is considered Sept 2011-March 2012?

That's like saying Fire fists have been around since YCS Toronto

Order of chaos came out in the last week of January, I don't consider that a format.

And as for on-topic discussion, Wind-ups gonna be banhammered, so don't stock up on secret rabbits
__________________
TRADES: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1161323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Corn, on the topic of his recent DQ View Post
They took me behind that little black curtain they have at every YCS where they do **** that they don't want anybody else to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
Ask Kevin, oh wait you can't; he probably died during his money bath.
"pliko" on DN
Pliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #16
fridaythe13thxx
Unique Meta
 
fridaythe13thxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,387
iTrader: 0
fridaythe13thxx is on a distinguished road
Default

@ Pliko snowman eaters and Thunder King Rai-Oh

@Striker I was hopping the same, at least to one. If not i see a couple of synchro cards coming back to 1.

Prophecys though man lol I see them being meta, no doubt.
fridaythe13thxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
digimon1111
Registered User
 
digimon1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: singapore
Posts: 339
iTrader: 0
digimon1111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Dragunity :P
__________________
Touhou is the best music people
digimon1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #18
Deck-Crafter001
Dragonslayer
 
Deck-Crafter001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gaming ETC, CT. Deck: Click my sig.
Age: 22
Posts: 14,568
iTrader: 2 (100%)
Deck-Crafter001 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hazy Beast Cerberus is ridiculous, play Assault of the Fire Kings and either go into a rank 6 or just let it die and search another, Rekindling already loaded. Searchable by Firedog, can be normal summoned, not a bad effect at all. I am confident that Rekindling is going to be big this meta. I just need to stock up on Firedogs, Cerberus, holo Rekindlings, etc...
__________________
Fire Toolbox
Deck-Crafter001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #19
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix has a spectacular aura aboutxTenraix has a spectacular aura about
Default

My thoughts on the meta next format:

Tier 1:

Verz Rabbit
Fire Fist Rabbit
Merlanteans
Macro Rabbit

Tier 2:

Agents
Six Samurai
Wind-Ups
Chaos Dragons
Inzektor
Prophecy
Chain Beat

Tier 3:

HERO
Gravekeepers
Infernity
Dragunity
and other random decks I don't feel like listing.

Why no Fire Kings as Tier 1? No Yaksha for god knows when.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #20
digimon1111
Registered User
 
digimon1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: singapore
Posts: 339
iTrader: 0
digimon1111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
My thoughts on the meta next format:

Tier 1:

Verz Rabbit
Fire Fist Rabbit
Merlanteans
Macro Rabbit

Tier 2:

Agents
Six Samurai
Wind-Ups
Chaos Dragons
Inzektor
Prophecy
Chain Beat

Tier 3:

HERO
Gravekeepers
Infernity
Dragunity
and other random decks I don't feel like listing.

Why no Fire Kings as Tier 1? No Yaksha for god knows when.
Lol 3 rabbit decks,rabbit is gonna get banned sooner or later
__________________
Touhou is the best music people
digimon1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 AM   #21
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro
 
xTenraix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Shadow Realm
Age: 18
Posts: 30,346
iTrader: 0
xTenraix has a spectacular aura aboutxTenraix has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimon1111 View Post
Lol 3 rabbit decks,rabbit is gonna get banned sooner or later
Once it goes down to one, it will hurt the consistency too much for it to be competitive, except Gem-Knights. They only truly need one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Chef View Post
Personal Preference
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #22
calm_thinker
Brainshock
 
calm_thinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Australia
Age: 16
Posts: 8,289
iTrader: 2 (75%)
calm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the roughcalm_thinker is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
My thoughts on the meta next format:

Tier 1:

Verz Rabbit
Fire Fist Rabbit
Merlanteans
Macro Rabbit

Tier 2:

Agents
Six Samurai
Wind-Ups
Chaos Dragons
Inzektor
Prophecy
Chain Beat

Tier 3:

HERO
Gravekeepers
Infernity
Dragunity
and other random decks I don't feel like listing.

Why no Fire Kings as Tier 1? No Yaksha for god knows when.
I think Infernity has tier 2 potential.
__________________
DS Friend Code: 3136 - 7992 - 6088
DS Games: Pokémon X/Y, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo DS
Infernity | Infernity HERO | Sylvan | Ritual Beast
calm_thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #23
yugioh fanatic
Pojo Veteran
 
yugioh fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 556
iTrader: 18 (95%)
yugioh fanatic is on a distinguished road
Default

If Chaos Sorcerer and Lonefire Blossom goes to 2 like I predict, I'd say chaos variants and plants will be amongst the top.
__________________
yugioh fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #24
Powelly
ayyy lmao
 
Powelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,371
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Powelly will become famous soon enough
Default

Well Gem-Knight rabbits are pretty OP, clearly rabbit needs to be fully banned.

Anyhow, my speculations are much the same as Tenrai, unless rabbit gets banned, it will be in the majority of the top tier decks. I think the format will be less diverse.

I can definitely see fire kings topping, and maybe some rogue decks that people haven't considered yet. Only the banlist will tell.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmar View Post
How good is Burning Abyss without Dante?
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\
Powelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #25
WindUpMerchant
Fiery Fists of Sex
 
WindUpMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,443
iTrader: 0
WindUpMerchant is on a distinguished road
Default

Tier 1

Evilswarm
WindUpMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.