Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Default Chain Beat Garden! - Nullifying the Meta with Style.

Aaaaah! I used to play a deck like this in the March '12 Format but it had a lot of anti-meta calls so the banlist and all these new archetypes made it obsolete. After seeing how no one posted anything like this here on Pojo so far, I decided to remake the deck.

I consider this the most versatile, most stunning and incredible Chain Beat variant. Garden already is an amazing card by itself but all the compatibility with Chain Beat takes it to epic levels! 'Nuff said about Rabbit and Thunderbird, it makes Needle Ceiling and Accumulated Fortune more reliable, heavily increase your stun aspect, gives you more reasons to run Bear and gives you access to the Best Counter Trap card in the entire game.

My favorite trap card and win condition, Robbin' Goblin shines here. I originally planned on using only 1 but after playing 1 game (in which I didn't draw the card) I had to heavily ponder if I would or not include..... a third copy!

Quote:
Just do it!
Quote:
8 Monsters:
2 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear
3 Evilswarm Thunderbird
3 Wind-Up Rabbit

11 Spells:
3 Fire Formation - Tenki
2 Pot of Duality
3 Black Garden
3 Terraforming

21 Traps:
3 Compulsory Evacuation Device
3 Accumulated Fortune
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Warning
1 Starlight Road
2 Needle Ceiling
2 Robbin' Goblin
2 Mirror Force
2 Pollinosis

Extra-Deck:
1 Stardust Dragon

1 Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Number 30: Giga-Brilliant
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Evilswarm Nightmare
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Evilswarm Ophion
1 Blackship of Corn
1 Gagaga Gunman
1 Abyss Dweller

Side-Deck - Screw the Meta -
1 Lava Golem
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Gorilla

3 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Forbidden Chalice
1 Dark Hole

2 Mind Crush
3 Macro Cosmos
:: Important Facts ::

Black Garden starts a Chain.
The monster must stay on the field for Black Garden to resolve. (and summon the token)
Black Garden does NOT activate on Flip Summons. Therefore 2 Bear.
This deck rocks.

Last edited by RaphaelLamperouge : 05-15-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: New Format and Side-Deck
RaphaelLamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Theoke

nice realy like it
Theoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
xTenraix
Spurs > Heat

Le'Gasp, so sexy.
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
ohnoufail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoke View Post
nice realy like it
I like how this dude is posting the exact same comment on every thread.

How is Pollinosis working out? It seems (to me) that it could be dead sometimes if your opponent is proactively destroying your tokens. Just curious to see results.
>>Tries to bring an army to lynch the Chain Burn Player
>>Everyone defends Chain Burn players with logical reasons
>>Offended person screams and rages like a 3-year old
>>Stay classy Pojo.
ohnoufail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoufail View Post
I like how this dude is posting the exact same comment on every thread.

How is Pollinosis working out? It seems (to me) that it could be dead sometimes if your opponent is proactively destroying your tokens. Just curious to see results.

Explain the meaning of "proactively destroying your tokens". If he's trying to focus something stupid as that then I won.

Additional Comment:

Bump for epicness :/

C'mon, it's the coolest variant, someone say something :O

Last edited by RaphaelLamperouge : 01-11-2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
Vendetta
[Plagued]

I really like this man, deck is nuts! Good job Raphy!
Vendetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
Redsmas
Let It Go

Aren't you worried about potential dead draws from the triple Terraforming, the Robbin' Goblins (darkworlds are a thing) and Pollinosis.

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Redsmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsmas View Post
Aren't you worried about potential dead draws from the triple Terraforming, the Robbin' Goblins (darkworlds are a thing) and Pollinosis.
Dark World already are an instant loss for any Chain Beat without Macro unless they're dumb. Grapha is a 2700 Beater that keeps coming back every turn. In this case, we have Garden to reduce him to 1350 so it's easier, and I can afford a 2nd Goblin.
Goblin is just TOO good here, you have a lot of monsters and your opponent has a lot of attack position tokens. Of course, against DW it's bad, but DW is 1 deck. It's like saying Laggia is bad because your opponent will run Rivalry/Gozen.

Black Garden is a S/T target and tends to die a lot, so drawing into 2 is really good. 3 is fine if you have monsters or Polli. 4~5 is obviously terrible, if you ever played Dino Rabbit. The point is that without Garden the deck loses a lot of meaning, it can still play excellently, but you lose Polli, Ceiling weakens, Treasure becomes harder to pull off, Robbin' weakens.

There ARE slow hands. But I run 8 Monsters and 3 Tenki, and Bear can search Tenki, so I'm very likely to get a monster out and solve the problem. Chain Beat is supposed to play slow, so waiting a Draw Phase or two is quite affordable. And nope, it doesn't happen often. At all.

EDIT: There is also always the trick of sacrificing a Garden mid-game to revive Bear or summon a Bear/XYZ.

Last edited by RaphaelLamperouge : 01-11-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
Redsmas
Let It Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelLamperouge View Post
Dark World already are an instant loss for any Chain Beat without Macro unless they're dumb. Grapha is a 2700 Beater that keeps coming back every turn. In this case, we have Garden to reduce him to 1350 so it's easier, and I can afford a 2nd Goblin.
Goblin is just TOO good here, you have a lot of monsters and your opponent has a lot of attack position tokens. Of course, against DW it's bad, but DW is 1 deck. It's like saying Laggia is bad because your opponent will run Rivalry/Gozen.
Bad logic is bad. Nobody main decks Rivalry/Gozen -_-

Quote:
Black Garden is a S/T target and tends to die a lot, so drawing into 2 is really good. 3 is fine if you have monsters or Polli. 4~5 is obviously terrible, if you ever played Dino Rabbit. The point is that without Garden the deck loses a lot of meaning, it can still play excellently, but you lose Polli, Ceiling weakens, Treasure becomes harder to pull off, Robbin' weakens.

There ARE slow hands. But I run 8 Monsters and 3 Tenki, and Bear can search Tenki, so I'm very likely to get a monster out and solve the problem. Chain Beat is supposed to play slow, so waiting a Draw Phase or two is quite affordable. And nope, it doesn't happen often. At all.[/quote]
Yeah but you don't make it worse by adding in more potential dead draws.
Quote:
EDIT: There is also always the trick of sacrificing a Garden mid-game to revive Bear or summon a Bear/XYZ.
Bear ain't gonna help you late game unless you have a tenki spare.

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Last edited by Redsmas : 01-11-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Redsmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

O.o' Calm down and then we can talk, take it easy :3

Grapha is a hopeless match-up for Chain Beat. Period. Adding Dragged Down or Robbin' Goblin doesn't make a difference.

Robbin' Goblin + Black Garden + Rabbit/Thundebird = The Terror. Epic Combo.
I gladly sacrificed a tad of consistency for it. It's almost a win condition early game. Dino Rabbit run 6 Vanillas and they still top.

Actually, Bear is really needed here. Should the opponent set anything with more than 1400~1500 DEF or 2000 DEF if you have a Thunderbird and boom. The monster will survive. It's the biggest problem when you run a Garden Control deck, Chain Beat has access to Bear, that can even search Tenki and make you plus.

Pollinosis is epic. I would never run Black Garden in a Chain Beat deck (unless it was 1 or 2) if I didn't have so many good support cards.

About Terraforming. Well, if I draw 3 Black Garden AND Terraforming then I'm screwed either way. But it's like drawing 4 Vanillas in a Dino Rabbit build. Still better as you can play around your own Black Garden and restore it should it be destroyed.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
PanchoVilla
Gladiator

Looks great, I love the idea of it, only suggestion is to just work on the side so people don't QQ about how DW would win Game 1. Just have 2 Dimensional Fissure/Macro Cosmos for them really.
PanchoVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
xTenraix
Spurs > Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoVilla View Post
Looks great, I love the idea of it, only suggestion is to just work on the side so people don't QQ about how DW would win Game 1. Just have 2 Dimensional Fissure/Macro Cosmos for them really.
Well, Macro Cosmos is pretty much staple in Chain Beat side decks so that's pretty much covered although it doesn't hurt to have D.D. Crow as well.
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoVilla View Post
Yeah, those are staples in any Chain Beat side or main deck :3
Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

The problem I had when trying a Garden control deck is that Maxx "C" allowed my opponent to draw every time they summoned anything, making mad combos.

Needs Jurrac Guiba for easy Dino Xyz.
Chaos Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
BennehFishle
i3WV6 3HL L507 I

I love it. A lot. It's very funny when halved opponents run into face-down Bears.

I don't like the idea of Robbin' Goblin. It has always been the quintessential win-more card, which is good when you're doing good and bad when you're doing bad. In this deck, the monster count is very low. You may like it, but it's very hard for me to believe that it can ever function effectively in a serious deck, let alone this one.

Where is Compulsory Escape Device? It's especially good here because your field is going to have tokens on it to make it live. It's a 2-3 staple in Chain Beat of any kind.

Triple Pollinosis isn't very effective imo. I'm going to test it at two and see how it works.

I may also try Guaiba.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennehFishle View Post
I love it. A lot. It's very funny when halved opponents run into face-down Bears.

I don't like the idea of Robbin' Goblin. It has always been the quintessential win-more card, which is good when you're doing good and bad when you're doing bad. In this deck, the monster count is very low. You may like it, but it's very hard for me to believe that it can ever function effectively in a serious deck, let alone this one.

Actually, it's the very inverse. While the monster count may be lower than most decks I have quick access to them AND it's Chain Beat, Rabbit and Thunderbird shall not leave the field. It's very easy to keep 3 monsters on here, SUPERBLY EASY.

In other deck-types Robbin' is a winmore card because dealing damage is unnecessary, you just need to establish a field advantage and then games normally end. This is very different in Chain Beat because even though you have a massive field presence you still haven't won. Chain Beat is a STUN deck, we define our field advantage and slowly kill our opponent's advantage as it comes to the field

What does Robbin' Goblin do? It makes all those useless small beaters you always have and turn them into a hunter loop. It's very easy to take 2~3 cards in a BP and even if it doesn't happen, card still works as a 1for1 and creates chains on it's own. This is works ESPECIALLY WELL HERE because every time you summon a monster, your opponent gets a token (well, you can banish them to avoid a token if you want, rite) and these same tokens are 800 targets in attack mode, asking to be destroyed by battle and net a -1 to their owners, you can even destroy their tokens using your monsters and net even more +s attacking directly with your own token.

Dark Scorpion is a classic in any Garden deck, but Chain Beat has enough field presence to take it a new level and make use of Robbin' Goblin.

Where is Compulsory Escape Device? It's especially good here because your field is going to have tokens on it to make it live. It's a 2-3 staple in Chain Beat of any kind.

It's a staple in any Chain Beat deck because you can banish your monsters and be untouched by it. Same does not happen here, your opponent may have a token and be untouched by Escape Device making it somewhat situational and even if they don't have any, you will be forced to shuffle your token and as you can see, this deck wants to abuse those tokens (polli and robbin'). So Escape Device is dead at times, -1 at others and some situations a 1for1.

This isn't the entire reason though, Escape would still be half good. But its usefulness is normally associated with shuffling facedowns (ryko!) and beaters (like Rai-Oh or XYZ). Chain Beat Garden has Garden to make those beaters very useless and since we're even more weak to facedowns, we use Bear to take of it. You don't wanna shuffle your bear.

But still! That doesn't end here! We already know Chain Beat always has (unless it was a very bad hand) at least 2 monsters out. Needle Ceiling can be often dead because you run so much backrow that your opponent doesn't really have monsters in multiples, but in Garden we have lots of tokens, so even if your opponent summoned 1 monsters, there will be 2. Needle Ceiling is great here, first time I main it with absolute confidence on its worth and knowing it will be never dead.

Triple Pollinosis isn't very effective imo. I'm going to test it at two and see how it works.

Mhm. It's been quite a while since this post, have you tested it? How did it perform? That isn't a bad idea.

I may also try Guaiba.

:O
Did it go well? It seems like there are too many things in the same deck, maybe if you take out Robin' but at least for me it's a win condition and superbly useful always when I draw it. Also, Lagia doesn't like Needle Ceiling nor Torrential.
Bump and thoughts in orange.

Last edited by RaphaelLamperouge : 01-15-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
Skrillex (Y)
Guess Who's Back?

Actually I have to Admit that Robbin' Goblin actually works really well.
Skrillex (Y) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrillex (Y) View Post
Actually I have to Admit that Robbin' Goblin actually works really well.

You're the 2nd POJO adept.

All my YGO friends are adept though since all of them were hand-***** by it at some point.

Robbin' is a really nice tech in Chain Beat but in this variant I'm pretty sure it can be considered a staple.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #19
coltsdaman
SACK MASTER

Token Sundae is a fun 1 of
Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsdaman View Post
Token Sundae is a fun 1 of

Pollinosis is better and people already hate it

But I agree.

Additional Comment:

Bump for Epicness. I love this deck. If any of you like the control aspect of Chain Beat then you HAVE to try out because it's amplified 10 times.

Last edited by RaphaelLamperouge : 01-15-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Tenga7

Ive been looking for a good Garden deck for a while now and this is by far the best one Ive played. Well done Raphael!
Tenga7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #22
RaphaelLamperouge
The King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenga7 View Post
Ive been looking for a good Garden deck for a while now and this is by far the best one Ive played. Well done Raphael!
That's much appreciated
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
nine-thirty
Learning the Ropes

What about Don Zaloog here?
nine-thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
Sanwitch'd
Wow Vet

Really nice deck bro
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #25