Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

Default Anti-Heal Deck

This is just a random build and a deck I've been wanting to make since I've discovered it. Feel free to rate and comment as necessary. I don't duel in tournaments FYI, I duel for fun, but I still want this deck to be as competitive as possible for the few people I do duel.

Monsters: 13

2x Cardcar D
2x Lava Golem
1x Marshmallon
2x Metaion, the Timelord
3x Nurse Reficule the Fallen One
3x Swift Scarecrow

Spells: 11

2x Messenger of Peace
1x One Day of Peace
2x Pot of Duality
3x Soul Taker
3x Upstart Goblin

Traps: 16

2x Bad Reaction to Simochi
1x Ceasefire
2x Dark Bribe
3x Gift Card
3x Magic Cylinder
2x Metal Reflect Slime
1x Solemn Judgment
2x The Paths of Destiny

Extra Deck: 1

1x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max

If you have PayPal or are willing to use concealed cash and are interested in me working on a coding project for you, please contact me at corythecoder[@]gmail.com (with the brackets removed, of course) and we can talk business. Scammers beware: I have some expertise with knowing how to deal with you.

Last edited by Cory : 03-23-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
Simba21

Three nurse and three simochi tend to be a little much. I'd drop a simochi. Secret Barrel tends to hit for more than Just Desserts, so I'd drop a dessert for barrel. Ceasefire also tends to hit for a lot.

I'd also add another tomato, maybe drop a fader or Marshmallon.

Gravity Bind and Level Limit aren't seeing much use anymore because of all the xyz spam, so I'd another another Messenger of Peace and maybe some dimensional prisons.
Simba21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

Dropping one Bad Reaction to Simochi doesn't sound like it would hurt me too much, but remember this deck is somewhat useless without Bad Reaction to Simochi and Nurse Reficule the Fallen One. That is, Soul Taker, Upstart Goblin, Gift Card and The Paths of Destiny would possibly end up increasing my opponents life points if I do not have one of them on the field. It sounds to me like I need to fit more cards that increase my opponents life points for both of their effects, or is inflict life points cards perfectly acceptable to use in this type of deck? Either way, you're burning your opponent. It's kind of old, but I found this: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=192480

True, Secret Barrel did 2100 to my opponent yesterday, whereas I usually do 1500 with Just Desserts.

What's a good replacement for Ceasefire? I have only one flip-effect monster in this deck, so Ceasefire does sound like a good card to use.

Changes I made:

- Battle Fader
- Level Limit - Area B
- Gravity Bind
- Just Desserts

+ Mystic Tomato
+ Messenger of Peace
+ Dimensional Prison
+ Secret Barrel

If you have PayPal or are willing to use concealed cash and are interested in me working on a coding project for you, please contact me at corythecoder[@]gmail.com (with the brackets removed, of course) and we can talk business. Scammers beware: I have some expertise with knowing how to deal with you.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Simba21

You could take out another dessert. Ceasefire doesn't actually require any monsters to be flipped face up to do damage, only how many effect monsters are on the field. So essentially, ceasefire is doing 500 damage for every monster on your opponent's side of the field as well as your side of the field, where as Just Desserts is only doing damage for the ones on your opponent's side of the field.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
T-REX
Lurking...

For Stalling Swift Scarecrow is far better than Battle Fader... Unless you want to run both that is...
However due to Swift Scarecrow being much harder to counter you max out on that before including any Battle Fader's.

You also want to run 2 Pot of Duality, 1 isn't enough.
For more Draw power... And Draw power is never a bad thing include 3x One Day of Peace.

You can drop the Dimensional Prison a Marshmallon and Mystic Tomato doesn't help you outside of game 1... If at all. I don't use it.

Waboku is also great for this Deck, it is a good way to prevent Nurse from being Destroyed by a battle.

Always run 3 Nurse but I find 2 Bad Reaction to be ideal, this way 1 in every 8 cards is an anti-heal card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrel Dragon_080 View Post
T-Rex, you are one of the most logical and sane people on this site (seriously), I've seen many of your arguments and they pretty much all make perfect sense and are logical.
The HELP HUB... The Help Hub Strategy Guide Link Thread. The Help Hub... Team Thread.
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
T-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Simba21

I feel like One Day of Peace in a nurse burn deck isn't the best choice. Shard of Greed might be a little better.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba21 View Post
I feel like One Day of Peace in a nurse burn deck isn't the best choice. Shard of Greed might be a little better.
All Burn Decks benefit from being able to Stall and this does exactly that, plus it isn't vulnerable to removal, Shard of Greed is hence why it isn't as good as one want's it to be.

Nurse Burn can go from being able to Destroy your opponent right after they Draw their first card to struggling to defend itself for more than a couple of turns.

One Day of Peace helps to give it a few more turns of life, Shard of Greed does not, you in fact may never ever get to draw the cards by Shard of Greed's effect because you have lost!!!
Quote:
T-Rex, you are one of the most logical and sane people on this site (seriously), I've seen many of your arguments and they pretty much all make perfect sense and are logical.
The HELP HUB... The Help Hub Strategy Guide Link Thread. The Help Hub... Team Thread.
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
T-REX
Lurking...

Plus this Deck greatly benefits if you can add in Cardcar D... 3 is ideal

Plus any of Chain Strike, Secret Barrel, Just Desserts or Ceasefire... Mostly depending on your preference and the Deck you are facing greatly helps you out in pushing out a bit of extra damage.
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
Simba21

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REX View Post
All Burn Decks benefit from being able to Stall and this does exactly that, plus it isn't vulnerable to removal, Shard of Greed is hence why it isn't as good as one want's it to be.

Nurse Burn can go from being able to Destroy your opponent right after they Draw their first card to struggling to defend itself for more than a couple of turns.

One Day of Peace helps to give it a few more turns of life, Shard of Greed does not, you in fact may never ever get to draw the cards by Shard of Greed's effect because you have lost!!!
Yeah, I can agree with that. Good point.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

So with One Day of Peace you could use like a lot of inflict damage cards, then active One Day of Peace so essentially your opponent is the only one that can't do any damage to you, correct?

I see Waboku has gone through many erratas.

If I can ever get 3 Cardcar D's, I'll deck them, but it's one of the most sought after cards at the moment it seems like.

I mainly duel with my dad and chains confuse the heck out of him (me too), so I'm not sure about Chain Strike.

Here's the changes I've made so far:

- Battle Fader x2
- Marshmallon
- Bad Reaction to Simochi
- Just Desserts

+ Swift Scarecrow x2
+ Pot of Duality
+ Ceasefire
+ Waboku

Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Roberts View Post
So with One Day of Peace you could use like a lot of inflict damage cards, then active One Day of Peace so essentially your opponent is the only one that can't do any damage to you, correct?

I see Waboku has gone through many erratas.
With Waboku that was ALWAYS it's effect, however it is now clear rather than not.
It prevents you from taking battle damage and it also prevents your monsters from being destroyed by battle.

With One Day of Peace there are many ways to use it... Other than just activating it and then ending your turn.

You CAN inflict Effect damage and then activate ODoP.
You CAN inflict Battle damage and then activate ODoP in Main Phase 2.
You CAN activate ODoP and then Chain a Burn card to it, the Chain resolves backwards... The Burn card inflicts damage and then ODoP makes you both Draw a card and then no damage is inflicted. The EXACT same would occur if you are/ were using Anti-Heal cards in conjunction with the Chain.

DON'T let anyone tell you that One Day of Peace prevents them from paying Lifepoints for a Solemn card, they may say something like It's taking damage so I don't have to pay it... Wrong!!! It's a COST, ODoP doesn't stop you from paying a cost!!!

Once you have activated One Day of Peace and it's effect has resolved neither you or your opponent CANNOT take Damage until the End of your opponetns nest turn... No exceptions!!!
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Keeper of Grav View Post
- Activate Gift Card x3
- Activate Bad Reaction to Simochi
- Opponent activates Mystical Space Typhoon

LOL GGNORE
Chains Dark Bribe... F'U... Goodbye...
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #13
Sanwitch'd
Wow Vet

I would take out the 2 mystic tomatoes for 2 Tour Guides. Also add staple rank 3s and 4s and Sanwitch ( so broken!). I'd also take out Waboku for Threatening Roar now that you dont run mustic tomato. I also think that Dimensional Prison should be replaced with Magic Cylinder or Mirror Force. Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #14
MachineMadness
Head of the Pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble_Angler View Post
I would take out the 2 mystic tomatoes for 2 Tour Guides. Also add staple rank 3s and 4s and Sanwitch ( so broken!). I'd also take out Waboku for Threatening Roar now that you dont run mustic tomato. I also think that Dimensional Prison should be replaced with Magic Cylinder or Mirror Force. Hope this helps.
Sanwitch!?!?!? Shapesnatch is better
My Current Decks / Dark World April 2014
If you ever wanna play Goats or just play Yugioh in general, msg me on DevPro at "GadgetGuy123" or on DN (rarely used) at "Banana Buddy"
J ❤ V
MachineMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

Is Sanwitch and Shapesnatch a joke, or is there a hidden secret behind these cards I'm unaware of?

Does Xyz monsters really fit into a Anti-Heal deck? It seems like it would take away the focus of the deck.

Magic Cylinder fits in this deck better, but Mirror Force seems more powerful. Which would you run?

There's a lot of topics on Waboku vs. Threatening Roar on Google, I'll have to check them out.

Changes I made:

- Mystic Tomato x2
- Dimensional Prison

+ One Day of Peace x3

Was that a good change?

Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
T-REX
Lurking...

Quote:
Is Sanwitch and Shapesnatch a joke, or is there a hidden secret behind these cards I'm unaware of?
They are a joke!!!
Much like Skull Servant before it ever got support.

Does Xyz monsters really fit into a Anti-Heal deck? It seems like it would take away the focus of the deck.
It could be used as a "Tech" but really I would use Tour Guide From the Underworld to search out Sangan faster that's all. Problem is it takes up valuable Deck space that would be better taken up by somethng REALLY supporting your strategy.
Magic Cylinder fits in this deck better, but Mirror Force seems more powerful. Which would you run?
Generally Burn Decks run Burn cards, 1 Magic Cylinder activation may well be more than enough to win you the game.
There's a lot of topics on Waboku vs. Threatening Roar on Google, I'll have to check them out.
I like Waboku in here simply because if your opponent attacks Morphing Jar it Flips face up yet does not die by that battle. However both are pretty much of a muchness, Threatening Roar prevents your opponent from declaring an attack... Remember though you must activate it BEFORE your opponent declares an attack otherwise they can still continue the declared attack... If they decide to play by the strictest of rules.
Changes I made:

- Mystic Tomato x2
- Dimensional Prison
Good, you didn't need them.
+ One Day of Peace x3
Great card...
Was that a good change?
So yes, it was a good change.
My thoughts in Orange...
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

Thanks for the comments, so does my current setup look pretty good, anymore changes you think I should make?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
T-REX
Lurking...

You definitely want a 3'rd Swift Scarecrow and you only have 2 The Paths of Destiny, generally you would run 3 of that.

But you have a much better balance of Draw/ defence and Burn cards than originally which is good.

Hope you have some luck with it all.
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide:
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

- Cyber Valley or - Marshmallon (Which one?)

+ Swift Scarecrow

Which trap would you minus for another The Paths of Destiny?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
Redsmas
Let It Go

Nurse burn can be very good in a slow format. Your almost there with it.
I would - valley for the scarecrow.

Threatening Roar before Waboku. This is mainly due to some decks benefiting from being able to attack. And if your worried about people trying to rule shark you saying that you need to use it before they declare an attack tell them they didn't declare the start of their battle phase ^_^

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Redsmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
bambooking1
Sig making god.

Could drop Just Desserts for ceasefire because its gonna do same or more damage.
bambooking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

Mind giving some examples of "This is mainly due to some decks benefiting from being able to attack"?

That's a good change to make, bambooking1, but it can't be done. I already have a Ceasefire in my deck and it's limited to 1 at this time. I suppose dropping Just Desserts for another The Paths of Destiny would work, as I usually end up doing 1500 with Just Desserts and The Paths of Destiny would do 2000.

I would like one or two more opinions on this:

Quote:
- Cyber Valley or - Marshmallon (Which one?)
Changes I have made:

- Just Desserts

+ The Paths of Destiny

Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #23
Redsmas
Let It Go

Quote:
Mind giving some examples of "This is mainly due to some decks benefiting from being able to attack"?
Waboku doesn't affect your opponent so they could attack with zenmaines into your nurse to destroy a card.
Gladiator beasts attack in order to tag out.
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
The Six Samurai - Zanji

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Redsmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
Cory
нιgн ση ρσנσ

I think I understand, somewhat.

I suppose I will use Threatening Roar then, it sounds like Waboku has more disadvantages.

Changes I made:

- Waboku

+ Threatening Roar

Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
T-REX
Lurking...

You would drop Cyber Valley to fit in the 3'rd Swift Scarecrow.

I would expect Ceasefire to do MORE damage than Just Desserts and it can also stop stuff like Ryko's from destroying stuff at an inconvenient time.

And I see that you have added in the third The Paths of Destiny... Which is good.

I think you are pretty much done... Time to get some practice in now!!!
Good luck.
Quote:
Self-FTK Strategy Guide: