Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Miscellaneous Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
NCFUmozzy511
Learning the Ropes

Default My Phantom BeastCraft deck list.

Monsters 26

3 Genex Controller
2 Effect Veiler
3 Genex Ally Birdman
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
3 Phantom BeastCraft- Black-Falcon
3 Phantom BeastCraft- Ham-Strato
3 Phantom BeastCraft- Mega-Raptor
3 Phantom BeastCraft- Ray-Stealth
3 Phantom BeastCraft- Tether-Wolf
Ryko,Lightsworn Hunter

Spells 7

Dark Hole
Heavy Storn
Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Upstart Goblin

Traps 12

Bottomless Traphole
2 Call Of The Haunted
2 Dimensional Prison
Mirror Force
2 Reckless Greed
Solemn Judgment
Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute

Side 7

Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning
Chaos Sorcerer
2 Number 92: Heart-Earth Dragon
2 Number 9: Dyson Sphere
Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer

Extra Deck 15

2 Genex Ally Triarm
3 Genex Ally Triforce
3 Windmill Genex
Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7
2 Number 11: Big Eye
2 Phantom BeastCraft- Drago-Sac
Photon Strike Bounzer
Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
NCFUmozzy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
BouH

Man really? You have 43 cards and add those upstar goblins??
And why people try to put those two lightsworns on every single deck? What you trying to send to grave? And for the last do you think just adding 3x all beast planes would be a OK? you even dont add any bast plane's spells/traps.
BouH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
so0meone
Just Got Here

People run Lyla and Ryko for field control, not necessarily for the mills. I do agree with the Upstarts though, bad idea in all non-40 card decks.

For the deck itself, have you tried using additional Token generators? I run Dandylion and Black Garden in my PBC deck, which can make your Beastcrafts very annoying to face. You may also consider cards such as Zerozerock to prevent your opponent from attacking your Phantom Beastcraft Tokens, essentially forcing them to attack something that cannot be destroyed in battle if they attack at all.

As far as the Beastcraft Spell/Traps go, I did not find any particularly useful. The staples and external support filled up the space I had originally tried to use for them (I limit my decks to 40 cards) and using cards like Pot of Duality and Phantom Beast Cross-Wing helped me a lot more than they did. Speaking of Cross-Wing, Phantom Beastcraft is considered a sub-archetype of Phantom Beast so Cross-Wing and Thunder Pegasus can be used for additional support.

Limiter Removal is another great card for them. If you have any Tokens out, your Beastcraft will not be destroyed in the End Phase, meaning you get a turn of doubled Atk at no downside. As the deck does seem rather lacking in external support, you may want to look into Removal and the aforementioned Cross-Wing, Dandylion and Black Garden.

I'm still working on making my Phantom Beastcrafts more consistent as well, but I've noticed additional Token sources do help, especially when you have Mega-Raptor out.

Finally, Cyber Summon Blaster can combo with all of your Token-generating effects and Scramble (if you run it, I do not) for a fair amount of passive damage.
so0meone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Camero
Hipsteroid

I don't know a WHOLE lot about this archetype, but you're missing out on some obvious stuff here.

-You want "Barrel Roll" and "Scramble".

-You do not need 3 Genex Controllers. If you insist on running the Genex Synchros that require him, use Genex Ally Remote instead. (1800 DEF is going to be more useful than 1400 ATK). Or, use some of the support that lets you search for Genex Controller. But really, you don't need that many Tuners.

-Some of the Token support may be worth looking into. Token Stampede and Token Sundae are the ones to look at. Token Christmas may be useful when it comes out.

New to the game? Want to get better? Read this article!
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1167007

This is definitely not a shameless plug for my CAC set!
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1149606
Camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Ender Wiggin
#HailHydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero View Post
I don't know a WHOLE lot about this archetype, but you're missing out on some obvious stuff here.

-You want "Barrel Roll" and "Scramble".

-You do not need 3 Genex Controllers. If you insist on running the Genex Synchros that require him, use Genex Ally Remote instead. (1800 DEF is going to be more useful than 1400 ATK). Or, use some of the support that lets you search for Genex Controller. But really, you don't need that many Tuners.

-Some of the Token support may be worth looking into. Token Stampede and Token Sundae are the ones to look at. Token Christmas may be useful when it comes out.
Wrong.

Barrel Roll and Scramble are terrible cards.

DN: bm1yugioh
Ender Wiggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
NCFUmozzy511
Learning the Ropes

I find that the upstarts are better than having three Reckless Greed. And that having three of every beastcraft are very useful and that the spell/traps that "supports" cards that they clog the deck up so much that I cannot place the cards that are necessary to make this deck work. But having Genex Controller is better than remote because of my Windmill Genex and that I really dont like Genex Ally Remote is really not useful for me.
NCFUmozzy511 is offline   Reply With Quote