Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Default Hieratic OTK Deck

http://i.imgur.com/oVOlF.png

I play One Day of Peace because i dont have Cardcar D and im actually liking it over it because it gives me protection while im trying to get my OTK pieces together....So theres that answer lol anyways let me know what you guys think of the deck
My Youtube Channel

Stand up my Vanguard! Vanguard Deck Gallery!

Stand up My Vanguard! Vanguard Trade Thread!

Over The Nexus! Yugioh Trade Thread!

Last edited by Riley Misawa : 12-29-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Riley Misawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Alexander96
Learning the Ropes

I dont play cardcar either, i run this deck irl and i have won a few tournaments, my suggestions are

- I run 3 Reckless Greed
- Genex Neutron
- Allure of Darkness, really helpful when i have 2 birdmans in my hand
- Maxx c will just slow down the hands, you need to have the otk as fast as you can
-Gorz instead of a trag
- 2 night beams, they are really good
and dont play more than forty maybe cut the Swing of Memories

Good luck with your deck, hieratics are really good
Alexander96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander96 View Post
I dont play cardcar either, i run this deck irl and i have won a few tournaments, my suggestions are

- I run 3 Reckless Greed
- Genex Neutron
- Allure of Darkness, really helpful when i have 2 birdmans in my hand
- Maxx c will just slow down the hands, you need to have the otk as fast as you can
-Gorz instead of a trag
- 2 night beams, they are really good
and dont play more than forty maybe cut the Swing of Memories

Good luck with your deck, hieratics are really good
So maybe -2 maxx for 1 Genex Neutron and make it 40 ?
My Youtube Channel

Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Alexander96
Learning the Ropes

Yeah, very cool deck, side the maxx c for wind uo and stuff like that, Genex Neutron is really good, it makes the only otk piece that cannot be searched searchable
Alexander96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander96 View Post
Yeah, very cool deck, side the maxx c for wind uo and stuff like that, Genex Neutron is really good, it makes the only otk piece that cannot be searched searchable
I will def try that out thanks dude
My Youtube Channel

Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
jt1232
Banned User

love the deck good job on this. you should try to make Mokey Mokey otk
jt1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1232 View Post
love the deck good job on this. you should try to make Mokey Mokey otk
Thanks and a friend of mine played a Mokey Mokey OTK deck awhile back i hated losing to it lol

Additional Comment:

Updated build
My Youtube Channel

Last edited by Riley Misawa : 12-29-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Sozin
Tomato

dont all hieratic decks otk? so whats the point of calling it hieratic otk?
Sozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
dont all hieratic decks otk? so whats the point of calling it hieratic otk?
Because its a Hieratic deck...and it can otk...
My Youtube Channel

Old 12-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #10
realsoupersand
Matthew 22:35-40

You've got a good start. I'm impressed. Most Hieratic builds I see on here are pretty bad.

-1 Wattaildragon, +1 Luster Dragon #2 (the level 6 one)

This is just in case your opponent sides in Chain Disappearance. If they use it on your Wattaildragon, you'll still have Luster Dragon. You'll play a bit slower, but that doesn't mean you're screwed over.

-1 Genex Neutron

Running triple Birdman is usually enough, though I will explain another OTK you can do later on. This will eliminate the need to quickly draw into Birdman, though I still use Birdman in my build (which is in my signature).

...Nebthet... you can use 1 or 2. It's up to you. I don't like using 2, but I do use 2 in my build. Just throwing that out there.

+1 Forbidden Lance to your side deck
+1 My Body as a Shield to your side deck (I'm currently maining 3 Lance and 2 MBaaS)

-3 One Day of Peace

I understand why you run this in here. From my own testing, though, it has usually been more of a dead draw. I'll either draw it while I have an OTK ready or I won't draw it at all. If you draw it while you've got the OTK ready, you should just go for the OTK. Not taking damage is, of course, nice, but One Day of Peace isn't necessary in the deck at all. It's really up to you there.

-1 Pot of Avarice

You don't really need to recycle monsters back to your deck, though the second OTK I will explain below does actually do a lot of recycling.

-1 Swing

No need for it. Your Hieratics can do enough recycling from the graveyard.

...Compulsory Evacuation Device... hm... it's a good card. I used to use 2 in my build. I use 2 Dimension Slice now. I prefer that.

Extra deck stuff:

Pretty typical extra deck, though you should make a few small changes. I'll just post my extra deck. Pick and choose cards from it that you want:

Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
Constellar Pleiades (using Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon for now)
Photon Strike Bounzer (a must have)
Inzektor Exa-Beetle
Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7 (a must have when it comes out... using Number 25: Force Focus for now)
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum x3
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger x3
Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max (with your current build, you will almost never bring out Gustav. I will explain a new Gustav OTK later on in this reply)
Stardust Dragon (I almost never bring this guy out, so he's really not that necessary. You could even go for Colossal Fighter, since that guy technically prevents your opponent from attacking directly. I wouldn't suggest it, but there are other cards that can be used. I'm keeping Stardust in my deck just in case, though)
Scrap Dragon
Void Ogre Dragon (just a fun tech card. If you've got no hand, Void Ogre Dragon can be a great way to stall a bit by making the opponent play much more cautiously)

Side deck:

-Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

He's good, yeah, but you don't want to banish your Light monsters and you don't run enough Dark monsters to bring him out often enough.

-1 Koaki Mei'ru Drago

Drago is a great card, but it really isn't that necessary. You would only be using it against other Hieratic decks (or maybe Chaos Dragons), but there are other ways to get around that.

+2 Chain Disappearance

This will cover you against any deck that relies on having one monster with 1000 attack or less used frequently.

-Sangan, -2 TGU

No need here. Focus on making your side deck more anti-meta.

-2 Swing
-Ancient Sacred Wyvern

+cards to counter your meta

Examples are Gemini Imps (if Dark World decks are around a lot), D.D. Crow (against basically anything reliant on the graveyard), Mind Crush (good tech, but not necessary), Chain Disappearance, Night Beam (I wouldn't run more than 2 in the side deck if you use it), Debunk (2-3 is nice. Great against Effect Veiler, great against Swift Scarecrow, great against Battle Fader, etc), and cards like that.

I currently use:

Gemini Imps x2
Maxx "C" x2
Effect Veiler x2
Night Beam x2
Chain Disappearance x2
Mind Crush x2
Debunk x3

So, onto the second OTK. You do it all through Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord. Not only does Exodius remove the desire to recycle cards (meaning you'll never have to worry about having REDMD in the grave because you can just put it back into your deck) and the need to recycle cards, it also gives you access to rank 10 XYZs very easily, since all that is required for the special summon of Exodius is for you to put every monster from your graveyard back into your deck.

The basic Exodius OTK is:

1) Summon Tefnuit/Eset
2) Summon Su, bring out Wattail
3) Overlay into Atum, detatch for REDMD
4) Summon Wattail with REDMD
5) Special Exodius by returning Tefnuit/Eset/etc. to your deck
6) Overlay Gustav on REDMD and Exodius
7) Overlay Gaia on Atum
8) Detatch from Gustav to do 2000 burn
9) Attack with 2500 + 2600 + 3000 (8100 + 2000 burn = 10100) for game

Running 2 copies of Exodius and 3 copies of Birdman means that 1/8 of your deck gives you access to OTKs that Hieratics couldn't pull off on their own. That's a pretty nice number.

Check out the build in my signature for more ideas.

~Undying~

Last edited by realsoupersand : 12-30-2012 at 03:01 AM.
realsoupersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Riley Misawa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapsoul964 View Post
You've got a good start. I'm impressed. Most Hieratic builds I see on here are pretty bad.

-1 Wattaildragon, +1 Luster Dragon #2 (the level 6 one)

This is just in case your opponent sides in Chain Disappearance. If they use it on your Wattaildragon, you'll still have Luster Dragon. You'll play a bit slower, but that doesn't mean you're screwed over.

-1 Genex Neutron

Running triple Birdman is usually enough, though I will explain another OTK you can do later on. This will eliminate the need to quickly draw into Birdman, though I still use Birdman in my build (which is in my signature).

...Nebthet... you can use 1 or 2. It's up to you. I don't like using 2, but I do use 2 in my build. Just throwing that out there.

+1 Forbidden Lance to your side deck
+1 My Body as a Shield to your side deck (I'm currently maining 3 Lance and 2 MBaaS)

-3 One Day of Peace

I understand why you run this in here. From my own testing, though, it has usually been more of a dead draw. I'll either draw it while I have an OTK ready or I won't draw it at all. If you draw it while you've got the OTK ready, you should just go for the OTK. Not taking damage is, of course, nice, but One Day of Peace isn't necessary in the deck at all. It's really up to you there.

-1 Pot of Avarice

You don't really need to recycle monsters back to your deck, though the second OTK I will explain below does actually do a lot of recycling.

-1 Swing

No need for it. Your Hieratics can do enough recycling from the graveyard.

...Compulsory Evacuation Device... hm... it's a good card. I used to use 2 in my build. I use 2 Dimension Slice now. I prefer that.

Extra deck stuff:

Pretty typical extra deck, though you should make a few small changes. I'll just post my extra deck. Pick and choose cards from it that you want:

Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
Constellar Pleiades (using Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon for now)
Photon Strike Bounzer (a must have)
Inzektor Exa-Beetle
Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7 (a must have when it comes out... using Number 25: Force Focus for now)
Hieratic Dragon King of Atum x3
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger x3
Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max (with your current build, you will almost never bring out Gustav. I will explain a new Gustav OTK later on in this reply)
Stardust Dragon (I almost never bring this guy out, so he's really not that necessary. You could even go for Colossal Fighter, since that guy technically prevents your opponent from attacking directly. I wouldn't suggest it, but there are other cards that can be used. I'm keeping Stardust in my deck just in case, though)
Scrap Dragon
Void Ogre Dragon (just a fun tech card. If you've got no hand, Void Ogre Dragon can be a great way to stall a bit by making the opponent play much more cautiously)

Side deck:

-Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

He's good, yeah, but you don't want to banish your Light monsters and you don't run enough Dark monsters to bring him out often enough.

-1 Koaki Mei'ru Drago

Drago is a great card, but it really isn't that necessary. You would only be using it against other Hieratic decks (or maybe Chaos Dragons), but there are other ways to get around that.

+2 Chain Disappearance

This will cover you against any deck that relies on having one monster with 1000 attack or less used frequently.

-Sangan, -2 TGU

No need here. Focus on making your side deck more anti-meta.

-2 Swing
-Ancient Sacred Wyvern

+cards to counter your meta

Examples are Gemini Imps (if Dark World decks are around a lot), D.D. Crow (against basically anything reliant on the graveyard), Mind Crush (good tech, but not necessary), Chain Disappearance, Night Beam (I wouldn't run more than 2 in the side deck if you use it), Debunk (2-3 is nice. Great against Effect Veiler, great against Swift Scarecrow, great against Battle Fader, etc), and cards like that.

I currently use:

Gemini Imps x2
Maxx "C" x2
Effect Veiler x2
Night Beam x2
Chain Disappearance x2
Mind Crush x2
Debunk x3

So, onto the second OTK. You do it all through Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord. Not only does Exodius remove the desire to recycle cards (meaning you'll never have to worry about having REDMD in the grave because you can just put it back into your deck) and the need to recycle cards, it also gives you access to rank 10 XYZs very easily, since all that is required for the special summon of Exodius is for you to put every monster from your graveyard back into your deck.

The basic Exodius OTK is:

1) Summon Tefnuit/Eset
2) Summon Su, bring out Wattail
3) Overlay into Atum, detatch for REDMD
4) Summon Wattail with REDMD
5) Special Exodius by returning Tefnuit/Eset/etc. to your deck
6) Overlay Gustav on REDMD and Exodius
7) Overlay Gaia on Atum
8) Detatch from Gustav to do 2000 burn
9) Attack with 2500 + 2600 + 3000 (8100 + 2000 burn = 10100) for game

Running 2 copies of Exodius and 3 copies of Birdman means that 1/8 of your deck gives you access to OTKs that Hieratics couldn't pull off on their own. That's a pretty nice number.

Check out the build in my signature for more ideas.
Thanks alot for your advice I will definitely take it all in consideration and as for the side deck lol it's not my actual side it's just stuff I have taken out of the deck over time and have just not gotten rid of it but thanks
My Youtube Channel