Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
tribunal4555

tribunal4555 is on a distinguished road
Default Machina Geargia- All I do is Plus

I never really understood the Geargia hype, but now that I've built and played them myself... that card advantage... just amazing. As usual, some notes:

Testing Threatening Roar instead of Effect Veiler. So far, results have been mixed- reduces my ability to interrupt my opponents, but it helps keep my Geargiarmor alive to exceed the following turn.

Gear Gigant X at 3- yeah, I actually have gone into three of him before, and besides, there's not much else I can put in there that's a generic Rank 4, except like, Kochi Kochi Dragon or Gem-Knight Pearl.

Forbidden Lance is good to protect Fortress/Gigant from Bottomless/Torrential, and lets them swing unhindered for 1700/1500 respectively. Good card. Currently testing dropping it for triple Call Of The Haunted, though. CoH is just amazing- it either lets you exceed, brings back a clutch Fortress, or it plusses, since you can chain it to MST to bring back Geargiaccelerator, then activate Accel's second effect for a free Geargia to hand.

Testing a tech'd Meklord Emperor Wisel, and so far he's been incredible. He's usually the first thing I search with Gear Gigant X, forcing opponents to play around him, since he can completely shut down their momentum. Craps all over Abyssmegalo + Salvage plays and the like. He has great synergy with my three copies of CED, too, since I can bounce him back to the hand to reuse him/work around his attack restriction fairly easily.

So yeah, R/F/C as usual.

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-25-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tribunal4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
ivan84
Pojo Veteran

ivan84 is on a distinguished road

Looks good...how about -1 Machina Force +1 Machina Cannon its more usefull in my opinion also wheres Limiter Removal? Too good not to run with machines, and lastly i would run Swift Scarecrow over threatning roar its more of a personal preference.
ivan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
tribunal4555

The one thing I like about T-Roar is that it's chainable to MST and prevents your set Armor from being run over.

I have to admit, I'm in love with Wisel. Maybe I should work a Torrential Tribute in here.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as Force versus Cannon is concerned- I only run Force to prevent DDV from crushing my Fortress fodder. I know that Cannon can be summoned in a pinch, but the Dark World players in my local meta love hitting me with DDV game 2 ><

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-21-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Htaedkrad

Htaedkrad is on a distinguished road

no mk2 or geno? i think geno would work really good with coh, and u also plus with x with one in the gy, i would try to fit in 2 geno if i were u, then u can also fit sum rank 3s n ur extra
Htaedkrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro

xTenraix will become famous soon enoughxTenraix will become famous soon enough

-1 Machina Force
-1 Meklord
-1 CED
-1 CotH

+1 Machina Cannon
+1 Geargiano
+2 Effect Veiler/Maxx "C"
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htaedkrad View Post
no mk2 or geno? i think geno would work really good with coh, and u also plus with x with one in the gy, i would try to fit in 2 geno if i were u, then u can also fit sum rank 3s n ur extra
Good point. I just didn't really like the "feel' of the deck with Rank 3s as well; felt too crowded, almost, but it does open up more plays. I guess I will have to try those out again (with Mk II, he's better than the original in every relevant way imo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
-1 Machina Force
-1 Meklord
-1 CED
-1 CotH

+1 Machina Cannon
+1 Geargiano
+2 Effect Veiler/Maxx "C"
Reason for Force over Cannon is listed above. It's a meta call.

Meklord is debatable, but I'm liking him! It definitely throws opponents for a spin. Don't know if I'll keep him, but you should certainly try it out. Not a fan of the original Gergiano- I think Mk II is much better, even just for retrieving, since he stays on the field for Rank 3 exceeds, and he can bring himself back to facilitate that.

As far as Veiler vs C- I definitely wouldn't main 2 copies of C (again, a meta call), but he's sitting in my side atm. Veiler is good (I originally ran two), but as I noted I'm testing alternatives. The reasoning for this is that I want to set the tempo G1. G2/G3, opponents side in cards, so I need to side in to counters, as well as disruption of my own; it's more of a grind game. Rather than play a reactive G1, though, I try to be proactive and aggressively force the issue. I usually side into Veiler G2/G3, but imo, the deck is consistent enough G1 that Veiler isn't needed.

At least, those are my impressions thus far.

Additional Comment:

Bump for Wisel goodness!

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-21-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
Killic

Killic is on a distinguished road

Chaining COTH to an MST won't get you accelerator's second eff; It'll miss timing.
Killic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
coltsdaman
SACK MASTER

coltsdaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killic View Post
Chaining COTH to an MST won't get you accelerator's second eff; It'll miss timing.
No it wont...? Call is link 2 MST link 1. Call summons accel, MST destroys call, and then call is destroyed sending accel to grave. The last thing to happen is accel hitting the grave, so u get eff
Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsdaman View Post

Call is link 2 MST link 1. Call summons accel, MST destroys call, and then call is destroyed sending accel to grave. The last thing to happen is accel hitting the grave, so u get eff
^ This is correct.

Additional Comment:

Don't you wish your Wisel was
holo
mine

Additional Comment:

Don't you wish your Wisel won
games
mine

Additional Comment:

Don't you wish your bosses were
broke
mine

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-24-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
TheSonicVision
Mathematician

TheSonicVision is on a distinguished road

i see some good ideas and some bad ideas:

- wisel is not a bad idea. searchable, powerful, useful. not a bad idea. i might try it myself.

- sticking with lvl 4s and rank 4s? good idea. you don't want any headaches when creating your extra deck. right now, rank 4s provide a complete toolbox anyway. you don't need rank 3s.

- no Geargiano? bad idea. if you're really about "plusing," you should have exactly 1 x Geargiano. anytime gigant leaves the field- be it via compulsory, bottomless, torrential, Mirror Force, etc.- you get to ss a monster to the field (READ: geargiano is better than you think it is for all the combos). giano fuels the grave for avarice without using up a normal summon (i.e. via arsenal's effect) and is a great search target for gigant x. it's the ideal discard cost for fortress.

- zero hand traps? bad idea. run gorz and veiler.

- Pot of Duality? bad idea. it's only good if you're gonna set armor or summon gearframe and nothing else. also, knowledge is power. i ss almost every turn in my machina geargia deck. you want to use your summons to bait enemy traps and then summon some more. you don't need duality.

- 3 x compulsory? great idea. i also use 3 x compulsory in my geargia machina deck. it's amazing right now. best way to deal with xyz. it also allows you to re-use gearframe and plus like crazy.

- Call Of The Haunted? not a bad idea, i suppose, but 3 x call is too much. 2 x call is more than enough.

Gold Star Dark World (Advanced, April 2013)

Super Broken Burial Chaos Plant Turbo (Traditional, March 2014)

TheSonicVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonicVision View Post
- wisel is not a bad idea. searchable, powerful, useful. not a bad idea. i might try it myself.
Definitely try it. It puts in so much work. It's usually the first card I seach with Gigant. Now your opponent knows that when they attempt to clear your field, they'll have a 2500 mini-Shi En beatstick to contend with. Obviously it requires some discretion, so you don't lock your own monsters out of your battle phase unnecessarily, but overall, it's a great card. It's never dead either, since you can use it as Fortress fodder if it's sitting in your hand.

Quote:
- sticking with lvl 4s and rank 4s? good idea.
Yeah, extra deck space was tight enough with just Rank 4s, so I'd rather not worry about the rank 3s.

Quote:
- no Geargiano? bad idea. if you're really about "plusing," you should have exactly 1 x Geargiano.
Good read. I'll try out a Geargiano.

Quote:
- zero hand traps? bad idea. run gorz and veiler.
Here I disagree. I keep hand traps in the side. G1 I want to play my own game and advance my win condition as fast as possible. G2/3 are more about disruption. Also, Gorz is dead a lot of the time with Call sitting on my field (if I exceed).

Quote:
- Pot of Duality? bad idea.
Again, I disagree. Duality is great. It sets up combos and provides you outs for sticky situations. Sure, Duality is a little dead mid-game, but early on, when you're just sitting behind Armor, it's a great draw, and late game, when you want to set up for one last push, it's also a great draw.

Quote:
- 3 x compulsory? great idea.
It combos really well with Wisel as well. You can bounce him back to the hand to let your other monsters attack, or in order to reuse him.

Quote:
- Call Of The Haunted? not a bad idea, i suppose, but 3 x call is too much. 2 x call is more than enough.
Call is amazing. It baits out MST, saving your other traps, and plusses with Geargiaccelerator in the grave. It can also bring back a Fortress for a clutch play. I'm a huge fan of it, but I'll test dropping 1 for a Geargiano.

Additional Comment:

Okay, you've sold me on Geargiano. It's been clutch all day today. Definitely a keeper in my book- one copy is just the right amount.

Additional Comment:

Bump! Any suggestions?

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-26-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost