Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
tribunal4555

Default Macro Rabbit

My take on a trap heavy Dino Rabbit with Macro main decked. Once I settle on a final deck list, I'll be building this IRL. Shouldn't be too bad- already have the Guides, most of the extra, and the S/T staples/side deck staples. Just need to pick up the Rabbits, dinos, Evolzars, and the Abyss Rising cards. I'm running Utopia until Lavalval Chain gets released; I'm also trying to figure out a way to throw in Starlight Road in there. Free 2500 body that allows me to overextend = great, especially for that final massive push; although death by MST can make it dead from time to time..

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-21-2012 at 08:17 PM.
tribunal4555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
MarkValverde
The Head Thug

Take out Gorz.
MarkValverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
tribunal4555

Sorry, that was a relic from another deck (I copy paste the same template).

I'm running Snowman Eater in the main.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
th3m3rc
Pojo Veteran

X3 Call Of The Haunted grab dat Sangan/Dino
th3m3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
MarkValverde
The Head Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m3rc View Post
Lol that's too good especially with Macro Cosmos in the main board.
MarkValverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkValverde View Post
Lol that's too good especially with Macro Cosmos in the main board.

This. 10charz
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m3rc View Post
This is Macro Rabbit, not Dino Rabbit.....

How are you going to revive something that's banished?
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
This is Macro Rabbit, not Dino Rabbit.....

How are you going to revive something that's banished?
Leviair! :P

But yes, again, what he said. CoH = no.

Additional Comment:

Bump, dropped Judgment to side in favor of mained Fiendish Chains. Helps stop explosive plays without ridiculous LP costs.

It's a little trap heavy (considering Cardcar D isn't a conventional monster), but I like it.

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-12-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
xTenraix
more :] than Cirro

Have you considered adding PoD?
/ˈpəːs(ə)n(ə)l prɛf(ə)r(ə)ns/
noun
Justifying a suboptimal choice by claiming it is an opinion and therefore cannot be 'wrong'.
See also: Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGoemon View Post
Just watch it burn. Pojo works itself out.
xTenraix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTenraix View Post
Have you considered adding PoD?
I have! It certainly warrants testing.

Especially after the handful of times CCD draws into a vanilla and makes me cry

I still like CCD overall though (helps that I have a pair, but don't have Dualities -__-). I'll definitely try swapping in PoD to see if it makes a huge difference. Honestly, I think they'll be about the same- the extra draw CCD makes will be useful but counterbalanced by its ending the turn and (sparingly, but still on occasion) drawing vanillas.

Is there anything other than CCD you think I should put it in for? I could try dropping Guaiba for 2 PoD and something else (maybe a Snowman). I'd be interested in hearing your recommendations/thoughts, especially if you've tried CCD yourself.

Additional Comment:

Bumpin- PoD is a great card, but I think I'll stick with Cardcard. Here's the breakdown:

PoD is better for most builds, I would say. Advantages- it lets you pick the card you'd like out of the three and shuffles the deck to (hopefully) prevent recurring bad draws. All this is good, but the real advantage is that you can keep your normal summon. This came in handy when I had a dino in hand along with a few traps. I found it better to drop the dino and protect it with the traps in my hand, then use PoD and work with the card I chose, versus CCD, which would force me to set my traps and leave my monster zone open, as well as prevent me from using the cards I drew, since the turn ends immediately. PoD is overall better for maintaining field presence, which is obviously critical for this deck.

At the same time, because I'm maining 3 Rai-Oh, Pot has a high probability of being dead in my hand, whereas CCD works beautifully with Rai-Oh. I also like that CCD plus ones, versus the One for One that is PoD, since hand advantage is difficult to come by. Despite drawing vanillas occasionally, CCD is good simply because you would have drawn the normal(s) on subsequent turns regardless had you not played the CCD (or PoD). In the worst case scenario, CCD speeds up the crap draws and thins your deck, whereas in the best case, it drops a gamechanging card in your lap. It's a solid card.

I'd definitely run one or the other. No deck should be without them- they offer a considerable boost to speed and consistency that we really need with Tour Guide and Rabbit both at Semi. Which one you choose is a matter of personal preference, cost (dat Secret Rare), and synergy with your build.

Additional Comment:

Still looking for thoughts!

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-12-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
TheSonicVision
Mathematician

i don't like the idea of "maining" Macro Cosmos right now. it doesn't really hurt geargias or wind-ups all that much. might be smarter to leave it in the side until you figure out what you're up against. it's a horrible top and can be very ineffective in Game 1.

last format was a better try for a macro rabbit deck, as chaos dragon decks were more prevalent.

still, the point of the thread is not to criticize your choice of deck, but to help you in constructing/fixing the deck you have chosen to use. so...

- 1 torrential, -3 guaiba, -1 Forbidden Lance
+ 1 gorz (makes a lot of sense when you run Cardcar D)
+1 Solemn Judgment
+ 2 Starlight Road
+ 1 night assailant

Gold Star Dark World (Advanced, April 2013)

Super Broken Burial Chaos Plant Turbo (Traditional, March 2014)

TheSonicVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonicVision View Post
i don't like the idea of "maining" Macro Cosmos right now. it doesn't really hurt geargias or wind-ups all that much. might be smarter to leave it in the side until you figure out what you're up against. it's a horrible top and can be very ineffective in Game 1.

last format was a better try for a macro rabbit deck, as chaos dragon decks were more prevalent.

still, the point of the thread is not to criticize your choice of deck, but to help you in constructing/fixing the deck you have chosen to use. so...

+1 Solemn Judgment
+ 2 Starlight Road
+ 1 night assailant
The meta where I live sees a lot of Dark World/Chaos Dragon/Agents, which is where Macro really puts in work. It's good against Mermails/Atlanteans too.

Torrential I like simply because if you lack field presence it helps you take care of a massive swarm of monsters. Without it I'd have been screwed over on several occasions.. it's basically insurance for when you don't open with the nuts. Lance puts in a lot of work to help defend your dinos/protect them from enemy traps. Damage step shenanigans are fun too~

I've actually been on the fence about Guaiba. On the one hand, he's weak against your standard 1800/1900 defense walls, but he has such great synergy with Lance and Fiendish Chain. Nothing feels quite so good as running over a Geargiarmor that you negated with Chain and dropping a Laggia for your efforts... I'd definitely have to test more to figure that one out.

Gorz is useless in this deck, and that pains me to say, because Gorz is easily my favorite card ever. Even when I play Cardcar, I'm not leaving my field completely open- there's always something set in S/T. Starlight Road was nice, but I found it dead sometimes, and that was at 1. I'd consider putting it back if I could find the space (assuming I drop Guaiba for instance) but definitely not at 2. I ran Night Assailant for a bit but didn't like it.. it wasn't something I wanted to draw, and I found that getting TGU off twice in a game was less of a priority than other things, like running a third MST for backrow hate or a third Rai-Oh to make sure I can grind my way to an exceed.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
saberkitty94
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSonicVision View Post

+1 Solemn Judgment
+ 2 Starlight Road
+ 1 night assailant
This guy clearly missed the sneek peak.
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...t=saberkitty94
saberkitty94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #14
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberkitty94 View Post
This guy clearly missed the sneek peak.
inb4 "Merlanteans are coming" overused Ned Stark meme
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
saberkitty94
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunal4555 View Post
inb4 "Merlanteans are coming" overused Ned Stark meme
I just noticed this guy said put in gorz... when you run mad countious traps. Uhh bad.
personal perf for me id run reaper and Night Assailant over ccd for tgu target and stall instead of drawing into dead rabbit situations with vinillas and blah blah etc
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...t=saberkitty94
saberkitty94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #16
NurseBaller87
Chain Beat Scholar

Is there a dino rabbit discussion thread anywhere?? I have yet to find one.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
tribunal4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberkitty94 View Post
I just noticed this guy said put in gorz... when you run mad countious traps. Uhh bad.
personal perf for me id run reaper and Night Assailant over ccd for tgu target and stall instead of drawing into dead rabbit situations with vinillas and blah blah etc
I guess it is personal preference- I prefer CCD just to speed up past it and not give my opponent as much time to gather resources. I just feel like Reaper is worse this format, what with all the effects that target nowadays- Photon Papiloperative is everywhere, for example.

I do sometimes wish I had another TGU target though, but I'm not sure what I'd drop for Assailant. Maybe a Rai-Oh- but if I only ran 2 Rai-Oh I'd probably run PoD over CCD.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseBaller87 View Post
Is there a dino rabbit discussion thread anywhere?? I have yet to find one.
This is the closest thing you'll find, but it's somewhat dead- http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=969040

If this takes off, it could be a decent thread-

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1091701

Additional Comment:

DN is borked. Drew all S/T in my opening hand and didn't draw a single monster except one Kabazaul all. game.

I epic stalled with S/T but it was inevitable.. ended up having a 1 monster 12 S/T ratio for draws. RNG was borked...

Additional Comment:

Definitely swapping Lavalval Chain in for Utopia when it becomes legal in TCG.

That thing is just great. Can't get out two dinos? XYZ into this with your two level 4s. It guarantees a next turn Dolkka/Laggia, and if you can keep it alive on your opponent's turn, subsequently lets you bring out yet another. Makes the deck less reliant on Leviair to bring back Rabbit, and speeds things up too- great for consistency.

Of course it's only useful when you don't have 2 dinos on the field, or if you're certain you can keep it alive the following turn and are willing to defer on an Evolzar for one turn in order to get out both. It's a great, if unorthodox, way to use Rai-Oh though.

That being said, I also switched to Duality over Cardcar. Like I said, the normal summon is just too important to give up this format. My main concern was Duality being dead courtesy of my own Rai-Oh, but everyone and their grandmother is throwing the kitchen sink at negating him, so it's not as big of an issue as I feared. Worst comes to worst, I just play around him.

My main issue is that I'm having trouble dealing with my opponent's big monsters. Without Acid Golem in the side, I can't run over a lot of things, not the least an enemy's Gorz, and that's cost me two games today.

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-13-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
MadCat55
Rogue reporting.

No Guardian Eatos?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
tribunal4555

No Guardian Eatos.

A) There's no space for it in the main deck.
B) I don't draw into Macro consistently enough to make Eatos worth it. No first turn Macro means Eatos is useless because I'm never going to tribute 2 monsters for a 2500 beater when I could just exceed em for a more useful Rank 3/4.

Additional Comment:

As much as I hate to admit it, lack of Acid Golem is screwing me over situationally...

sometimes I just need a beater to get past Hyperion or Gorz if I don't have Lance in hand, and Leviathan Dragon/Utopia just don't cut it. I'm seriously contemplating dropping Chimeratech (it'll free up side deck space also) but for the moment I'll just put in the big guy over Leviathan.

He'd be nice with Skill Drain in G2/3 too.. :x

Additional Comment:

to the top for moar advice!

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-13-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
JHendo812
Herp Derp Scoop

@Nurse no to Dino Rabbit but there is a Rescue Rabbit discuession thread for all variants

"The Square Rout Of 69 Is Ate Sum"

Evilswarm
Gadgets
GB's

JHendo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #21
tribunal4555

if you main macro and you love it clap your hands *clap clap*

Additional Comment:

bump, still think this could be improved!

Maybe -1 Rai-Oh -1 MST for +2 D Prison from the side?

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-14-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
PlanetCrack
Pojo Veteran

I don't like the duality. It doesn't seem like a good idea to thin your deck. If you don't pull anything good with duality such as a Tour Guide or Rabbit, then you just increase your chances of drawing a vanilla.
PlanetCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
tribunal4555

Duality is good. Thinning your deck helps you draw outs, as well as that Rabbit/Tour Guide. It's amazing for setting up the pieces to a combo, it's rarely ever dead in hand, and it never really causes me to draw vanillas.

Think of it this way- if you have to pick a subpar card, without Duality, you'd be drawing those three cards your next three turns. By shuffling your deck, you have a reasonable chance of drawing something better instead next turn. It's just an MVP card- it boosts consistency, sets up combos, and provides outs. What's not to love?

Additional Comment:

Come on, moar advice!

Last edited by tribunal4555 : 11-14-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #24
PlanetCrack
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribunal4555 View Post

Think of it this way- if you have to pick a subpar card, without Duality, you'd be drawing those three cards your next three turns. By shuffling your deck, you have a reasonable chance of drawing something better instead next turn. It's just an MVP card- it boosts consistency, sets up combos, and provides outs. What's not to love?

Additional Comment:

Come on, moar advice!

Think of it this way - Duality is a glorified Upstart Goblin. You're essentially running a 38 card deck with 6 Vanillas. I'm not doubting that occasionally it'll be awesome, but statistically it seems like a bad choice.
PlanetCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
tribunal4555

In my opinion PoD is much much better than Upstart Goblin, simply because you can pick one card of the top three- statistically doesn't seem likely that all three are going to be vanillas- and your opponent doesn't gain LP. It's just been so useful in putting a combo together/picking up an out, especially since you can always defer it to a turn you don't special summon.