Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Stray

Default Hunder deck

I decided to try a slight variation to this deck because it looked so fun to use after dueling another person who ran this deck. His deck focused more on Xyz monsters, though, while I integrated a Synchro aspect to it. This can easily crank out Lv. 8 Synchro Monsters as well as Rank 4 Xyz.

UPDATED OP

Monsters: 18

x3 Mahunder
x3 Pahunder
x2 Sishunder
x3 Thunder-King Rai-Oh
x3 Batteryman AAA
x1 Honest
x3 Vylon Prism

Spells: 12

x2 Recycling Batteries
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Pot of Avarice
x2 Pot of Duality
x2 Smashing Ground
x1 Dark Hole

Traps: 10

x1 Solemn Judgment
x2 Solemn Warning
x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Starlight Road

Side Deck: 15

x2 Cyber Dragon
x1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (for matchups against Gadgets/Geargia/Karakuri/etc.)
x2 Effect Veiler
x1 Ally of Justice Catastor (Just in case)
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x2 Fiendish Chain
x2 D.D. Crow
x2 Maxx "C"
x2 Soul Taker (For HERO matchups)

Extra Deck: 15

x1 Stardust Dragon
x1 Crimson Blader
x1 Light End Dragon (I haven't used it yet since I just made this deck, but on paper it would come in handy with Prism)
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
x1 Avenging Knight Parshath
x1 Constellar Omega
x1 Daigusto Emeral
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Number 16: Shock Master
x1 Number 32: Shark Drake
x1 Number 39: Utopia
x1 Photon Papilloperative
x1 Vylon Disigma
x1 Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon

Rates/Fixes are always appreciated!

Last edited by Stray : 10-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
RawrMeCookie
Killua Zoldyck

3 Recycling Batteries might be a dead draw, how about:

-1 Recycling Batteries
+1 Dark Hole

RawrMeCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

As an avid Thunder family user and the writer of the 2nd model of the strategy guide, allow me to offer some things that can assist you.

First, I'd drop each of these:
-1 Sisthunder
-1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
-1 Recycling Batteries
-2 Smashing Ground
-2 Dimensional Prison
-1 Mirror Force

Sisthunder and Recycling, while great cards, are reliant upon Monsters existing in the Graveyard. If you were to open with more than 3 of any combination of those 6 cards, you're in danger of having a dead hand that will lose quickly. As for Thunder King Rai-Oh, he's a nice beatstick, but his ability clogs Pot of Duality (as well as the first Monster I am going to post in my replacements below). Smashings aren't that useful in comparison to the other cards you can use to make this deck good. And D-Prisons and Mirror Force require the opponent to attack, meaning they may get destroyed before that happens in a 3 MST/1 Heavy format. They can be easily replaced by the Traps I'm going to suggest.

Now, replace with these:
3x Thunder Seahorse
1x Dark Hole
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Monster Slots OR Tragoedia

Considering you have Photoknight Paladius in your Extra Deck, I am assuming you're not basing your deck on TCG. So why did Seahorse get left out? This card is what sets up your plays. Seahorse grabs whatever you need from the deck, save for Rai-Oh. Dark Hole you may have mistakenly overlooked, and compared to Smashing Ground, is much better. Compulsorys are damn-near staplish these days -- everyone runs Xyz; HEROs have their Fusions; and some people still run the occasional Synchro. Plus Compulsory is chainable, so you can lure your opponent's MST on occasions, netting a solid +1 if the Compulsory target is one of their Tokens or Extra Deck Monsters. Finally, I leave up to you if you prefer Monster Slots, Tragoedia, or one of each. Monster Slots works great with the build as it's mostly LV4's, and you can Banish Seahorses for the activation. If nothing else it's close to a free draw for you. Tragoedia, on the other hand, is a beast for this deck. He can manipulate his level for Xyz/Synchro Summons; he can steal your opponent's Monsters if they have any spare LV4's out (or any other Levels you can send for Tragoedia's effect to steal); AND he can help prevent OTKs if your hand size is large enough (which with Seahorse, Sis, and Recycling, most of the time it will be). If you could find a way to get 2 each of Trago and Slots, that'd be even more advantageous as Trago can work with Slots and ANY Monster in your Grave if you had Monsters other than LV4 (like Cyber Dragon, Maxx "C", D.D. Crow, etc.).

Additional Comment:

Oh, one last fix -- cut Vylon Epsilon for Scrap Dragon. By the efforts of Vylon Prism, it's the same thing, only Scrappy is better.

If you want, my model is in my sig. Have a look if you would like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2
Two Penguin Soldiers walk into a bar. One flips out, and they both go home.

Last edited by Sephiroth : 10-10-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Stray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawrMeCookie View Post
3 Recycling Batteries might be a dead draw, how about:

-1 Recycling Batteries
+1 Dark Hole
I'll try that for this deck. But so far, Batteries hasn't clogged.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
As an avid Thunder family user and the writer of the 2nd model of the strategy guide, allow me to offer some things that can assist you.

First, I'd drop each of these:
-1 Sisthunder
-1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
-1 Recycling Batteries
-2 Smashing Ground
-2 Dimensional Prison
-1 Mirror Force

Sisthunder and Recycling, while great cards, are reliant upon Monsters existing in the Graveyard. If you were to open with more than 3 of any combination of those 6 cards, you're in danger of having a dead hand that will lose quickly. As for Thunder King Rai-Oh, he's a nice beatstick, but his ability clogs Pot of Duality (as well as the first Monster I am going to post in my replacements below). Smashings aren't that useful in comparison to the other cards you can use to make this deck good. And D-Prisons and Mirror Force require the opponent to attack, meaning they may get destroyed before that happens in a 3 MST/1 Heavy format. They can be easily replaced by the Traps I'm going to suggest.

Now, replace with these:
3x Thunder Seahorse
1x Dark Hole
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Monster Slots OR Tragoedia

Considering you have Photoknight Paladius in your Extra Deck, I am assuming you're not basing your deck on TCG. So why did Seahorse get left out? This card is what sets up your plays. Seahorse grabs whatever you need from the deck, save for Rai-Oh. Dark Hole you may have mistakenly overlooked, and compared to Smashing Ground, is much better. Compulsorys are damn-near staplish these days -- everyone runs Xyz; HEROs have their Fusions; and some people still run the occasional Synchro. Plus Compulsory is chainable, so you can lure your opponent's MST on occasions, netting a solid +1 if the Compulsory target is one of their Tokens or Extra Deck Monsters. Finally, I leave up to you if you prefer Monster Slots, Tragoedia, or one of each. Monster Slots works great with the build as it's mostly LV4's, and you can Banish Seahorses for the activation. If nothing else it's close to a free draw for you. Tragoedia, on the other hand, is a beast for this deck. He can manipulate his level for Xyz/Synchro Summons; he can steal your opponent's Monsters if they have any spare LV4's out (or any other Levels you can send for Tragoedia's effect to steal); AND he can help prevent OTKs if your hand size is large enough (which with Seahorse, Sis, and Recycling, most of the time it will be). If you could find a way to get 2 each of Trago and Slots, that'd be even more advantageous as Trago can work with Slots and ANY Monster in your Grave if you had Monsters other than LV4 (like Cyber Dragon, Maxx "C", D.D. Crow, etc.).

Additional Comment:

Oh, one last fix -- cut Vylon Epsilon for Scrap Dragon. By the efforts of Vylon Prism, it's the same thing, only Scrappy is better.

If you want, my model is in my sig. Have a look if you would like.
Whoa holy crap. That's a ton of help. :P

I'll definitely look into this. Testing right now atm, though.
Also, I didn't know Paladius wasn't TCG. I was just looking through card lists on DN.

Last edited by Stray : 10-10-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray View Post
Whoa holy crap. That's a ton of help. :P

I'll definitely look into this. Testing right now atm, though.
Also, I didn't know Paladius wasn't TCG. I was just looking through card lists on DN.
What can I say? I'm a nice guy, for someone who stabbed a girl in the back, unleashed a horde of WEAPON monsters bent on destroying all life, and almost caused a giant regenerating meteor to crash into the planet. Did I mention I have a sword larger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's ego?

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Stray

Quote:
What can I say? I'm a nice guy, for someone who stabbed a girl in the back, unleashed a horde of WEAPON monsters bent on destroying all life, and almost caused a giant regenerating meteor to crash into the planet. Did I mention I have a sword larger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's ego?
Dear God, that's horrible and hilarious at the same time.

Also:
-1 Rai-Oh
-2 Smashing Ground
-2 D-Prison
-1 Sishunder
+1 Dark Hole
+2 Tragoedia
+2 Compulsory

-1 Paladius
-1 Epsilon
+1 Scrap Dragon
+1 Photon Papilloperative (unless there's a better suggestion)

I'm still not sold on Monster Slots. Never liked the idea of banishing my monsters, but I'll try it anyway.

Last edited by Stray : 10-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

I will recommend this -- I've been hearing from the TCG-model players that they weren't so efficient with Slots. I'm thinking it's best used in decks that run the Seahorses, as they make prime Banishing targets.

Also, you took out 6 and added back 3, aren't you a bit short? Or was your deck size over 40?

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Stray

Quote:
I will recommend this -- I've been hearing from the TCG-model players that they weren't so efficient with Slots. I'm thinking it's best used in decks that run the Seahorses, as they make prime Banishing targets.

Also, you took out 6 and added back 3, aren't you a bit short? Or was your deck size over 40?
I added 6. Monster Slots were put in plus two Trag and 2 Compulsory.

The deck became a lot slower when I added Trag and Slots, though, IMO. It gets kinda dead late in the game

Additional Comment:

Bump. Also...

After a few additional changes, here's how it looks so far.

Monsters: 18

x3 Mahunder
x3 Pahunder
x3 Sishunder
x3 Thunder-King Rai-Oh
x3 Batteryman AAA
x1 Honest
x2 Vylon Prism

Spells: 12

x2 Recycling Batteries
x2 Mystical Space Typhoon
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Pot of Avarice
x2 Pot of Duality
x2 Smashing Ground
x1 Dark Hole

Traps: 10

x1 Solemn Judgment
x2 Solemn Warning
x2 Bottomless Trap Hole
x2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
x1 Mirror Force
x1 Torrential Tribute
x1 Starlight Road

Side Deck: 15

x2 Cyber Dragon
x1 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
x2 Effect Veiler
x1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Mystical Space Typhoon
x2 Fiendish Chain
x2 D.D. Crow
x2 Maxx "C"
x2 Soul Taker

Extra Deck: 15

x1 Stardust Dragon
x1 Crimson Blader
x1 Light End Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
x1 Avenging Knight Parshath
x1 Constellar Omega
x1 Daigusto Emeral
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
x1 Number 16: Shock Master
x1 Number 32: Shark Drake
x1 Number 39: Utopia
x1 Photon Papilloperative
x1 Vylon Disigma
x1 Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon

This deck's so fun to use, and watching how a lot of people quit out of the duel on DN makes me laugh. I haven't dueled any "top tier" decks lately, though.

Last edited by Stray : 10-10-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
pithollow

my build is almost as yours. The only difference is that I added 2 Summoner Monk instead of 1 TKRO and 1 Sishunder.

P.D: Thunder king is Mahunder's lover in this deck XDD
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
pithollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
Stray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pithollow View Post
my build is almost as yours. The only difference is that I added 2 Summoner Monk instead of 1 TKRO and 1 Sishunder.

P.D: Thunder king is Mahunder's lover in this deck XDD

Wow, why didn't I think of that card? I'll take out one of each and try that. :b

Uh-oh. Dischord in the family. 8C
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
pithollow

monk is a good tech card most of the time due to the spell count you have and can make avarice more useful in case you get a dead draw with it. Just remember that monk is always a -1 card in your hand but gives you access to synchro,xyz or any hunder member you might need at the moment.

I hope the idea works for you my friend :b
Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

Of course Monk is also the worst Veiler target, as you now make their Veilers break even.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
pithollow

hahahahaha some minor details that every player has to deal with XDDD
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
Stray

I don't usually see Veiler (or Fiendish Chain) during my duels unless it's to stop one of the Hunders. They're walking Double Summons/Recycling Batteries (if you count Sishunder).

Also, I'd only play Monk if I didn't have a Ma or Pa available.

Additional Comment:

Bump

Just made a Dino Rabbit deck quit a few minutes ago. Opponent brought out 1st turn Laggia, forced it to waste its effect on a Smashing Ground, then nuked it and a facedown Snowman Eater with Dark Hole. Wasted their Solemn Judgment on a Heavy Storm. We both waited, drawing cards until things sped up again.

Opponent used Dark Hole to clear the field to bring out Rabbit, but was quickly nuked with a Warning. Set a Starlight Road one or two turns later. Brought out Mahunder and Pahunder before having his Torrential Tribute try and wipe the field before countering with Starlight. Brought out a Shock Master after summoning Batteryman. He used Veilers on both Stardust and Shock Master, so I knew he probably had Mirror Force/D-Prison waiting. Ended turn without attacking. He set another monster and backrow before ending, then I made a big play:

Shock Master effect, detach Batteryman. Recycling Batteries, bring back Mahunder and Pahunder to hand. Summon Mahunder, Summon Pahunder, Summon Sishunder, banish Batteryman to bounce him back to my hand at the end of my turn. Opponent quit before the big boom happened.

Rabbit's tears brings me joy.

Last edited by Stray : 10-15-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pithollow View Post
hahahahaha some minor details that every player has to deal with XDDD
I'm simply stating that if you had to choose, you'd rather your opponent Veilers your Fa/Mo than your Monk, as the Monk ditches a card to cost. Minor detail? Maybe. Huge difference in advantage factor? Definitely.

Stray, think you can update the OP with the latest model?

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
Stray

Quote:
I'm simply stating that if you had to choose, you'd rather your opponent Veilers your Fa/Mo than your Monk, as the Monk ditches a card to cost. Minor detail? Maybe. Huge difference in advantage factor? Definitely.

Stray, think you can update the OP with the latest model?

Updated just now. Took out Summoner Monk because it affected Mahunder and Pahunder allowing for an extra summon along with discarding spells I might've needed later on. It's definitely a nice tech, though. I could actually use it to turn the deck into a chaos variant. I'd just need the right cards (aside from BLS and Chaos Sorcerer).

So far, it's been making people quit quite often. The only problem it has is being vulnerable to cards that negate effects and the occasional bad hand (but usually I can work my way out of it).
Old 10-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #17
Sephiroth
Dragonzord Power!

I still think you should drop a Rai-Oh and a Prism for 2x Trago. Stop OTKs, steal Monsters, help Extra Deck Summons...

Quote:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
G-wheeler
The Guy

why no Thunder Sea Horse??

Hide if you want, we'll find you
G-wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote