Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
Dragonboy

Dragonboy is on a distinguished road
Default My march 2013 banlist

Yeah its early but before I begin I am going to say that no cards will be touched by anything in Return of the Duelist and onwards with the exception possibly being Legendary Collection 3

Forbidden

Dark Armed Dragon My reason for this is I can see this getting a lot more play in a tele dad decks and it will become a lot more consistant.

Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning, Personally I love this card but it needs to go the only chaos monster available right now should be Chaos Sorceror.

Ally of Justice Catastor, The reason I say that is because it is one of the more powerful synchros and I believe it will get hit so people will start playing more xyz's and kill decks like Junk Doppel.

Leviar the Sea Dragon, when this card is gone then Dino Rabbits can go all out for all I care because this card constantly bringing back Rabbit is a pain and there is no cost, they can make a new XYZ that at least makes you pay like 3000 lp to activate the eff.

Wind Up Hunter: Someone will figure out how to loop without zenmaighty this card needs to go fast.

GateWay to the Six, I run Six Sams now but I think this card needs to go in order for other support to come back.

Limited

Evolsaur Dolka and Evolsaur Laggia I'll put them both as a set these two don't need the ban but we don't need these getting spammed out in evols or Dino Rabbit so best to limit then and we only have to deal with one.

Black Rose Dragon, Konami logic the card is at 3 now but Konami want us to go XYZ they will limit this first and in september probably ban it.

Final Countdown: Yes screw the stallers.

Light Pulsar Dragon and Hiratic Dragon of Atum These two can go to one but for reasons I'll put in the semi limit Section.

Witch of the Black Forest (I just want to play the card.)

Semi Limited

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon Dragons were over killed limiting LightPulsar and Hiratic Atum and no Future Fusion balances this card a bit.

Inzektor Dragonfly This is not the card that should've been hit only hornet Dragonfly at 2 makes the deck playable again and without Black Luster Solder Envoy of the beginning and Dark Armed Dragon the deck is more balanced.

Chaos Sorceror to compensate for the now banned BLS

Black Wing Gale the Whirlwind to give Blackwings a bit of love.

Unlimited

Lumina Give Lightsworns a little more love

Tour Guide, was never the problem Leviar was take that away sure they can make zenmaines or Leviar but that's it.

Anyways thats my list.
Dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
AcselOfDarkness
Dark Acceptance

AcselOfDarkness is on a distinguished road

Is this meant to be a prediction list?

If not, some of the hits are horrible.

DAD - Sure
BLS - Sure
Catastor - Um, no. Only other Synchro that even needs a hit is Librarian.
Leviair - No. Not a problem card until you can summon it too easily, eg Tour Guide.
Hunter - Sure but no point until there is actual proof. Albeit there are plenty of ways to loop something but they are much less consistent.
Gateway - Sure

Dollka and Laggia - They don't need to be hit. The problem has always been Rabbit here, not the monsters it summons for no cost.
Black Rose - Doesn't need to be at 1 but your logic is probably correct,
Light Pulsar and Atum - Maybe, depends how the deck actually does.
Witch - Random reasoning, no reason either way.

REDMD - As long as powerful Dragons exist, you can't balance it. Keep it at 1.
Dragonfly - Fine where it is, could go to 2 but could cause problems.
Sorcerer - Sure, hell put it to 3.
Gale - We just got Kalut back but sure.

Lumina - Sure, I guess. Not really had much experience with Lightsworn so I'm not entirely sure.
Tour Guide - Ha ha ha. The ability to toolbox any generic rank 3 for no cost is ok? Tour Guide is played outside of Rabbit you know. It could easily go to 1.

Mental Seeker Stall/Deck Out
Psychic Norleras
YouTube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by petqwe View Post
Pojo should add an upvote button for you.
AcselOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
nukm4
Grammar Nazi

nukm4 is on a distinguished road

Must... resist... urge... to... flame. Must... not... say... "******"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpknight View Post
Nukm's post was the only respectable thing said thus far.
nukm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
cccombo_breakerrr

cccombo_breakerrr is on a distinguished road

Teh butthurt, I see. But seriously some hits were and moves were ok but aoj catastor dafaq
cccombo_breakerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
T-REX
U look like lunch!

T-REX is just really niceT-REX is just really niceT-REX is just really niceT-REX is just really niceT-REX is just really nice

Yet another random list... IMPRESSIVE!!! LOL.

Really???
Think things through you may just seem less ****** that way!!!
Strategy Guide Link Thread.
Self-FTK Strategy Guide.
Pojo Card of the Day reviewer.
T-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

Chaos Pancake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcselOfDarkness View Post

DAD - Sure
BLS - Sure
Leviair - No. Not a problem card until you can summon it too easily, eg Tour Guide.
Hunter - Sure but no point until there is actual proof. Albeit there are plenty of ways to loop something but they are much less consistent.
Gateway - Sure

Dollka and Laggia - They don't need to be hit. The problem has always been Rabbit here, not the monsters it summons for no cost.

Lumina - Sure, I guess. Not really had much experience with Lightsworn so I'm not entirely sure.
Tour Guide - Ha ha ha. The ability to toolbox any generic rank 3 for no cost is ok? Tour Guide is played outside of Rabbit you know. It could easily go to 1.
Pretty much what I was going to say. Some good hits and some completely unjustified and ridiculous hits.
Chaos Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Barrel Dragon_080
Master of Machines

Barrel Dragon_080 has a spectacular aura aboutBarrel Dragon_080 has a spectacular aura about

I think people need to wake up and realize that DAD isn't going to be banned. He's fine at 1. I mean if he wasn't hit after the last format where crazy DARK decks like Inzektor, Chaos Dragons, AND Dark World were running rampant then it's almost certainly not gonna happen in March.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
^This, for the umpteenth time people get off their backs. Lags and Dolks don't deserve your animosity. Tour Guide and to a lesser extent Rabbit do.

Last edited by Barrel Dragon_080 : 09-05-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Barrel Dragon_080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
MAX-COLA-POWER!
Pojo Veteran

MAX-COLA-POWER! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
Yeah its early but before I begin I am going to say that no cards will be touched by anything in Return of the Duelist and onwards with the exception possibly being Legendary Collection 3

Forbidden

Dark Armed Dragon My reason for this is I can see this getting a lot more play in a tele dad decks and it will become a lot more consistant.

Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning, Personally I love this card but it needs to go the only chaos monster available right now should be Chaos Sorceror.

Ally of Justice Catastor, The reason I say that is because it is one of the more powerful synchros and I believe it will get hit so people will start playing more xyz's and kill decks like Junk Doppel.

Leviar the Sea Dragon, when this card is gone then Dino Rabbits can go all out for all I care because this card constantly bringing back Rabbit is a pain and there is no cost, they can make a new XYZ that at least makes you pay like 3000 lp to activate the eff.

Wind Up Hunter: Someone will figure out how to loop without zenmaighty this card needs to go fast.

GateWay to the Six, I run Six Sams now but I think this card needs to go in order for other support to come back.

Limited

Evolsaur Dolka and Evolsaur Laggia I'll put them both as a set these two don't need the ban but we don't need these getting spammed out in evols or Dino Rabbit so best to limit then and we only have to deal with one.

Black Rose Dragon, Konami logic the card is at 3 now but Konami want us to go XYZ they will limit this first and in september probably ban it.

Light Pulsar Dragon and Hiratic Dragon of Atum These two can go to one but for reasons I'll put in the semi limit Section.

Semi Limited

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon Dragons were over killed limiting LightPulsar and Hiratic Atum and no Future Fusion balances this card a bit.

Inzektor Dragonfly This is not the card that should've been hit only hornet Dragonfly at 2 makes the deck playable again and without Black Luster Solder Envoy of the beginning and Dark Armed Dragon the deck is more balanced.

Unlimited

Tour Guide, was never the problem Leviar was take that away sure they can make zenmaines or Leviar but that's it.

Anyways thats my list.
Go back to butt hurt land Chaos Dragon user-v-.

90% of teens today would die if Facebook had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this into your signature!
MAX-COLA-POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

Chaos Pancake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrel Dragon_080 View Post
I think people need to wake up and realize that DAD isn't going to be banned. He's fine at 1. I mean if he wasn't hit after the last format where crazy DARK decks like Inzektor, Chaos Dragons, AND Dark World were running rampant then it's almost certainly not gonna happen in March.

Additional Comment:

^This, for the umpteenth time people get off their backs. Lags and Dolks don't deserve your animosity. Tour Guide and to a lesser extent Rabbit do.
No body things konami will ever ban DAD but if someone puts DAD on their dream list then its justified.
Chaos Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
AcselOfDarkness
Dark Acceptance

The question though: Is this a prediction or want list? I'd say want list overall but some bits seem like prediction.

Psychic Norleras
YouTube Channel
Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Alchadylan
YOLODBLPOST

Alchadylan is on a distinguished road

Wait until we see the contents of Cosmo Blazar before making predictions like this.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
The New TefnuitDAD Guide
Alchadylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
AcselOfDarkness
Dark Acceptance

More like wait for the Abyss Rising TCG exclusives

Psychic Norleras
YouTube Channel
Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
Dragonboy

Quote:

DAD - Sure
BLS - Sure
Gateway - Sure

Hyper Librarian isn't available everywhere yet he's still a promo and generally Konami don't hit promo's until they have been reprinted.

Leviar brings the Rabbit back no Leviar they have to draw into the other rabbit and only get 2 uses Rabbit and would ave to rely on cards like Return of a different dimension and Burial of a different dimension if they even wanted to get out Rescue Rabbit but at a huge cost.

I don't have a problem with Tour Guide at 3 as long as the XYZ's she makes are not extremly overpowered.

The Semi Limiting of Dr Red means the limiting of Atum and lightpulsar meaning Dragons will simply be a tier 2 deck at best.

Dragonfly at 2 makes Inzektors playable but not overpowered as it was before.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
Bolfar

Bolfar is on a distinguished road

this list is stupid. march is 6 months away. how would you know what to hit already are you from the future? you just mad cause you lose to these cards probably
Bolfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
kazu
Yata Cultist

kazu is on a distinguished road

If this is a prediction list, DAD probably won't be banned, unless they REALLY want to push the elemental theme. Hunter and Gateway won't be banned. They don't ban archetype cards. Catastor is suitably random though, good job there. Leviair won't be banned, they wouldn't ban any Xyz unless it is a Dark Strike Fighter situation.

If this is an ideal list, it is pretty bad.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.
kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
Dragonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolfar View Post
this list is stupid. march is 6 months away. how would you know what to hit already are you from the future? you just mad cause you lose to these cards probably

Please don't assume I'm mad as I am not losing is part of the game whether I lose to a BLS or to Final Countdown or to Exodia it makes no difference to me I either win or I lose.

I see these cards as the ones to be hit so that people focus on the newer decks like Geagia's and Constellars.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Hydronix
Machiner

Hydronix is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Forbidden

No on Wind-Up Hunter and Ally of Justice Catastor.

Hunter was never, ever, the problem. The problem is the engine that abuses his effect. Which means Zenmaity or Rat(or both) to 1 is the first step in fixing them.

We need Catastor due to some ridiculously overpowered monsters, and yes, they still exist right now. There's nothing wrong with his design at all. Yes, Librarian should be banned regardless of a reprint. It's completely broken.

Limited

Quote:

Put REDMD to 1 instead. It should stay there. The other two are not worth hitting with REDMD.

Final Countdown is not enough of an issue to be anything beyond a semi-limit.(which cuts consistency) You need to hit One Day of Peace if you want to stop the overall problem. Because FC isn't the only deck that it's abused in.

Black Rose Dragon... is not hitworthy at all. Leave it at 3. It's not even that good anymore. The only combo it can do is with either Pot of Avarice or Monster Reborn, both very banworthy cards.

Laggia and Dolkka don't need a hit with Leviair banned. Especially a limit.

Semi Limited

Quote:

Gale can move up if Kalut moves down. You're giving BW too much. No on Dragonfly. Unless you plan to limit Centipede, it should not move up. Their consistency is somewhat shattered now.

Quote:
Unlimited

Anyways thats my list.
TGU was not the problem in the Leviair combo, true, but it is way too splashable everywhere else. 2 seems utterly fair overall.(in addition to the Leviair-that-is-horribly-designed ban)

Any card not mentioned is fine where it is.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
kazu
Yata Cultist

kazu is on a distinguished road

Do you know what a prediction is Hydronix?

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.
kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
timii
System Down=broke

timii is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Forbidden

Dark Armed Dragon My reason for this is I can see this getting a lot more play in a tele dad decks and it will become a lot more consistant. -Sure why not?

Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning, Personally I love this card but it needs to go the only chaos monster available right now should be Chaos Sorceror. -Should be banned but I doubt it. It seems Konami has a fetish for this card.

Ally of Justice Catastor, The reason I say that is because it is one of the more powerful synchros and I believe it will get hit so people will start playing more xyz's and kill decks like Junk Doppel. -Not so sure about this one. If you really wanted to kill Junk Doppel then ban Formula, Librarian, or Quasar. Although those hits are probably not gonna happen :P.

Leviar the Sea Dragon, when this card is gone then Dino Rabbits can go all out for all I care because this card constantly bringing back Rabbit is a pain and there is no cost, they can make a new XYZ that at least makes you pay like 3000 lp to activate the eff. -Rabbit has been semi'ed and Tour Guide is at 2. I think they've been hit enough :\

Wind Up Hunter: Someone will figure out how to loop without zenmaighty this card needs to go fast. -They should've just banned Hunter and left Zenmaighty alone :\

GateWay to the Six, I run Six Sams now but I think this card needs to go in order for other support to come back. -Sure why not? As long as Shi-En doesn't go up. I'd rather not stare down at 2 Shi-Ens first turn 0_0

Limited

Evolsaur Dolka and Evolsaur Laggia I'll put them both as a set these two don't need the ban but we don't need these getting spammed out in evols or Dino Rabbit so best to limit then and we only have to deal with one. -These guys aren't the problem. It was Rabbit. Outside of rabbit, the only deck that can use these cards were evols :P.

Black Rose Dragon, Konami logic the card is at 3 now but Konami want us to go XYZ they will limit this first and in september probably ban it. -Doubt it. Again, nobody really uses this card in their extra deck anymore.

Final Countdown: Yes screw the stallers. -Noooooo not my deck . But lol yeah sure.

Light Pulsar Dragon and Hiratic Dragon of Atum These two can go to one but for reasons I'll put in the semi limit Section. -Nah

Witch of the Black Forest (I just want to play the card.) -trololololol

Semi Limited

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon Dragons were over killed limiting LightPulsar and Hiratic Atum and no Future Fusion balances this card a bit. -I used to run dragons and REDMD needs to stay put for now. This coming from a dragon player.

Inzektor Dragonfly This is not the card that should've been hit only hornet Dragonfly at 2 makes the deck playable again and without Black Luster Solder Envoy of the beginning and Dark Armed Dragon the deck is more balanced. -Nah, they just got hit and they're fine the way they are now.

Chaos Sorceror to compensate for the now banned BLS -Sure

Black Wing Gale the Whirlwind to give Blackwings a bit of love. -Kalut just came back so maybe wait on this one.

Unlimited

Lumina Give Lightsworns a little more love -Sure

Tour Guide, was never the problem Leviar was take that away sure they can make zenmaines or Leviar but that's it. -NO!!!!!!1111eleventyone11! This card should be limited LOL.

Anyways thats my list.
Thoughs in red.

What's up my fellow simpeltons?!?!?!?! LOL

Trades:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1177404
timii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Bolfar

Bolfar is on a distinguished road

why you wanna kill junk doppel. the deck is pretty much a fun deck.
Bolfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
cccombo_breakerrr

cccombo_breakerrr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hyper Librarian isn't available everywhere yet he's still a promo and generally Konami don't hit promo's until they have been reprinted.
im pretty sure it is in REDU SE with number 30 acid golem?
cccombo_breakerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #22
Hydronix
Machiner

Hydronix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccombo_breakerrr View Post
im pretty sure it is in REDU SE with number 30 acid golem?
Yep. Pretty early for the Special Edition, notably. If only I could get it before Regionals.

But seriously, they banned Spore after a special edition release, so I don't see them avoiding a ban on Librarian this time around. Especially with Lavals able to make her consistently enough(due to Handmaiden and 3 Rekindling, etc.)