Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Card Collecting Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

Default I like to double sleeve my extra deck do you?

I don't know why it's easier to tell when doing game 2s and 3s.

I started to double sleeve my extra when I couldn't tell where my synchros where in my graveyard.

So I always double sleeve, it's easier to tell, you can use different colors. And you don't get rule shark because of it.

Try it one time it may help you from game losses.
Heir Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Homer of Chaos
Punish And Enslave

Keep your extra deck in a drastically different color sleeve than your main to prevent confusion.

You can easily count how many cards you have when you pile shuffle so that would catch anything as well.

Self-Proclaimed Champion Duelist
Yu-Gi-Oh! H/W List
Homer of Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer of Chaos View Post
Keep your extra deck in a drastically different color sleeve than your main to prevent confusion.

You can easily count how many cards you have when you pile shuffle so that would catch anything as well.
I always do, my main deck is bright colors while my extra is dark colors.

That's why I hate using white sleeves. It's like....meh.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Sword_Stalker
something else

i consider any double sleeving as a possibility of cheating.

like having a Black Rose Dragon behind a card just in case.

this is also why i sometimes ask how many extra deck cards are there if it looks big, and if its tournament make them keep the extra visible.

even without cheating, its an opportunity to cheat. i use multiple sleeve colors, and sometimes no sleeves.
Sword_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Boltizar
I'mma champion!

Anyone remember PJ posting a Dark End Dragon in an enormous plastic prize case? Good times.

I usually like to keep my Extra Deck sleeves relatively uniform in some way. My "fit in everything" Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters get Majestic Star Dragon sleeves, while everything else usually gets those "black-back" ones. Right now, those are for HERO Fusions (Attributes and Neos) and Aesir. They're slightly larger than my normal deck sleeves so I don't accidently shuffle them from the graveyard to the main deck.

You know you love me ~♥ | Singing Soul Gould Star Count: 1
Boltizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
PrixPwr
A New Dawn Arrives

I just use differently colored sleeves.

My main deck is white, and my Extra Deck is black. The black sleeves are also the old Ultra Pro ones that stick out a bit more at the top. It's almost impossible for me not to notice an Extra Deck card in my main deck.

Then there are also aesthetics. Double sleeves just look ugly.

[Everywhere: PrixPwr]
PrixPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
disposableaccount234
Pojo Veteran

always double sleeve my extra, easy to keep out of the main deck when getting ready for game 2 and 3. always leave it on the table, on the mat, IN THE SPOT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PLACED ON. I'm feeling like being a rule-sharking B!T#% about it if my opponent doesn't, preciely because of packing in too many into a deckbox and pulling out whatever.
Side Transplant and declare EARTH summon that veiler and make Naturia Beast. Epic win strategy.
Trade thread! DRAGONS UP FOR GRABS
disposableaccount234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
L0rdacex
Mewtwo Veteran

I use a different Werewolf Art sleeve for my extra deck and my ultra pros for my deck. It has never been a problem.
L0rdacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
LadyKagome
Lusty Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_Stalker View Post
i consider any double sleeving as a possibility of cheating.

like having a Black Rose Dragon behind a card just in case.

this is also why i sometimes ask how many extra deck cards are there if it looks big, and if its tournament make them keep the extra visible.

even without cheating, its an opportunity to cheat. i use multiple sleeve colors, and sometimes no sleeves.
At large events lists have to be registered anyway, and our locals requires deck regs as well, to help avoid or at least slow down cheating in some areas.

When the tears of the pariah kiss the ground
The Hell he carries shall be unbound
LadyKagome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
meta14
Dino Rabbit

It's useful so you don't accidentally shuffle your extra deck into your deck. Also, double sleeving your extra is legal, even though double sleeving your main deck isn't, btw.
Also, Aarikku is paying me, but he's also blackmailing me for accepting bribes, so it ends up evening out.
meta14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
1Dwuzzle
Pojo Veteran

I don't double sleeve my extra deck cards, but what I like to do is color co-ordinate them. Use white sleeves for the synchros (that I still use, mostly Catastor, Black Rose, the soon to be banned Brionac, and a few others) and these black sleeves that I used to use for a deck that have these holo swirls across them, for my XYZ's.
1Dwuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
eSTAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir Kaiba View Post
I don't know why it's easier to tell when doing game 2s and 3s.

I started to double sleeve my extra when I couldn't tell where my synchros where in my graveyard.

So I always double sleeve, it's easier to tell, you can use different colors. And you don't get rule shark because of it.

Try it one time it may help you from game losses.
I always double sleeve my extra deck because those super sexy anime sleeves only come in the huge size...so the the only time i can use them is on my extra deck xD
eSTAR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
Barrel Dragon_080
Master of Machines

In answer to the thread title:

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberdarkWarrior1# View Post
Painful Choice (Not even relevant anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalestalk View Post
I still say Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End wasn't/isn't so bad. I never played, and do not remember playing against it, but not so bad.
Barrel Dragon_080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
MasterSephiroth
#obeybunilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta14 View Post
It's useful so you don't accidentally shuffle your extra deck into your deck. Also, double sleeving your extra is legal, even though double sleeving your main deck isn't, btw.
Go read again the policies. Double sleeving is not legal for the Main, Side AND Extra Deck.
MasterSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSephiroth View Post
Go read again the policies. Double sleeving is not legal for the Main, Side AND Extra Deck.
I've done it in regionals in the past they haven't said anything.

I've re-read it.

Nothing about extra.

Just says side and main.

Last edited by Heir Kaiba : 08-27-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #16
Awesomesaurus
Pojo Veteran

I just give my Extra Deck monsters cases that match their colors and look good with them. My extra deck is a rainbow of color compared to everyone else's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludrah View Post
How is getting laid better than playing yu-gi-oh?
Trades:
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...0#post28274030
Awesomesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
Skeleton Knight

I normally double sleeve main side and extra with clear polyprop (dont stick through liquid, hand sweat, greast residue like PC's) sleeves, upside down on flashier graphic sleeves containing the card.

Double sleeves not allowed on the Konami tournament policy is the dumbest thing i have seen in my life. Consider the following

1. The double sleeve put upside-down protects cards long term from liquid, spills and floods. The world is a crazy place you never know where water will come from

2. One sleeve, especially in the popular but hard-edged ultra pro's and Pc's still damages your cards over the long term. The sharp edges slide across the tin Surface of the clear film, scratching through it oftentime. People are also aggressive shufflers

3. The above sleeving makes each card very solid, hard to bend, better survives drops and doesnt scratch through 2 films. Futhermore, its harder to cheat since double sleeving with plastics makes every card easier to see, as they are larger

Obviously they want the long term-collectors of this game to destroy their cards at these ridiculously hectic events and eventually have to replace them, since it would take a massive amount of ******ation to enact the policy they did.
Skeleton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
Sword_Stalker
something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Knight View Post
I normally double sleeve main side and extra with clear polyprop (dont stick through liquid, hand sweat, greast residue like PC's) sleeves, upside down on flashier graphic sleeves containing the card.

Double sleeves not allowed on the Konami tournament policy is the dumbest thing i have seen in my life. Consider the following

1. The double sleeve put upside-down protects cards long term from liquid, spills and floods. The world is a crazy place you never know where water will come from

2. One sleeve, especially in the popular but hard-edged ultra pro's and Pc's still damages your cards over the long term. The sharp edges slide across the tin Surface of the clear film, scratching through it oftentime. People are also aggressive shufflers

3. The above sleeving makes each card very solid, hard to bend, better survives drops and doesnt scratch through 2 films. Futhermore, its harder to cheat since double sleeving with plastics makes every card easier to see, as they are larger

Obviously they want the long term-collectors of this game to destroy their cards at these ridiculously hectic events and eventually have to replace them, since it would take a massive amount of ******ation to enact the policy they did.
your logic makes no sense. you could put that same thought process to the main deck. since the main deck is obviously a single sleeve, it would be the same with the extra.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
G. Sleeves
A player may choose to use plastic card sleeves to protect their cards during the course of a tournament.
All sleeves must be identical in terms of color, wear, and design, and all cards must be placed into
sleeves in the same direction and manner. Players may not “double sleeve” their decks. If a player
chooses to use sleeves, they may only have one sleeve per card.
At Competitive Level events, the quality of player’s sleeves will be held to a higher standard. Any sleeves
with noticeable patterns or wear may be subject to penalties. Sleeves with highly reflective backs are
not allowed.
Sleeves with excessive wear, noticeable patterns, or other identifying characteristics may be disallowed
by the Head Judge. If you have a question about the legality of your sleeves, the Head Judge is the final
arbiter as to whether or not your sleeves can be used in that tournament.
in the policy. doesn't even say extra deck is separate. in the policy it makes it sound like the extra and main deck have no difference. in fact it sounds like your extra has to have the same sleeves.

Last edited by Sword_Stalker : 08-28-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

But I've done it before where my extra was double and my main and side where the exact same color. =/
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #20
ccayco
Pojo Veteran

My Extra is always a high contrast color to my Main (usually whites for Main, pink for Extra), and the Extra is double sleeved with clears.
ccayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Sword_Stalker
something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir Kaiba View Post
But I've done it before where my extra was double and my main and side where the exact same color. =/
ok. though its clearly stating that isn't allowed. though it also says all sleeves have to be the same.

there is no distinction between extra and main in the policy document.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #22
Asherpotter
The Frank Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_Stalker View Post
ok. though its clearly stating that isn't allowed. though it also says all sleeves have to be the same.

there is no distinction between extra and main in the policy document.
I've played and judged at many events and I've never been to one where a player was not allowed to double sleeve their Extra Deck. Obviously it's the head judge's discretion, but they tend to not care. How it works is generally if you ask a head judge whether you're allowed to use a certain altered card, or double sleeve your extra deck, or whatever, and they'll always say you're better off not doing so, but will rarely stop your duel and issue you a penalty. That would probably only ever happen if your opponent specifically complained, and even then judges tend to abhor sharks.