Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden/Limited List Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Saifullah
Regaining Sanity

Saifullah is on a distinguished road
Default Tier prediction for September 2012

I'll post some logic at the end

Tier 1:

HERO Variants (AHL, Hero Beat)
Dino Rabbit

Tier 1.5:

Lavals
Wind-Up
Dark World
Blackwings
Karakuri
Machina Gadget
Junk Synchron variants
Chaos variants (Dragon, Piper, whatever)
Spellbooks
Madolche
Atlantean
Gishki Variants (LV8 Control primarily, Zealgigas as well)
Agent variants (Standard, Herald, Psychic, Chaos, T.G to an extent)
Six Samurai

Tier 2:

Infernity
Gladiator Beast
Chain Burn
Inzektor
Worms
Exodia
Chain Burn

Anti-Meta:

Gravekeeper's
Final Countdown

Tier 1 logic:

With the ridiculously speedy decks gone or neutered (Dragons, Inzektor, Wind Ups, whatever), we will see the formerly low Tier 1 decks see a rise to the top. HERO is a very solid deck that escaped with nearly no hits (-1 AHL, and -1 Call which wasn't even used). It has solid offensive power now via the new warrior rank 4 xyz monsters, excellent defensive power with Gemini Spark/Hero Blast and other defensive traps/spells, and sides fluidly into various cards that have no effect on the deck itself (Skill Drain, SIM, etc). It will be our Tier 1 deck.

Dino Rabbit will still be Tier 1. 2 TGU and 2 Rabbit isn't enough to kill the deck. The deck will simply run +1 Gold Sarcophagus to ensure consistency. The deck can still control very well with its ability to churn out a 2400 walking Solemn Judgment. It can also main Macro Cosmos, which is a very powerful counter to many decks. It will still see play and will top often.

Tier 1.5 logic:

NOTE: My definition of Tier 1.5 is a deck that is powerful enough to contend with the Tier 1 decks and win, but on average will lose more games than it can win. That does not mean it CANNOT win against a Tier 1 deck, but that on average it will lose more than it will win.

As you can see from my list, the Tier 1.5 segment of the game has expanded greatly. Next format will be fairly diverse. The removal of Inzektor and the full Wind-Up loop will allow more non-chainable traps to be used once again (most notably Mirror Force and Dimensional Prison). A more expansive backrow means a larger diversity in the card pool (look at the 2011 heavyless format for proof).

A couple of decks move up simply by the removal of the top tier (Dark World, Karakuri, Machina Gadgets). Dark World in particular will be a very powerful borderline deck. The deck has an excellent matchup against Dino Rabbit, and the number of decks that can afford to use Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos has been reduced. Machina Gadgets will be powerful again in the TCG with the release of Gigant X. It does not need Offering at all to be good.

Karakuri has always been powerful, but the current format's ridiculous OTK potential required players to main 2-3 Veilers. With the next format looking to be HERO dominated, Veiler will see less maindeck play, allowing Karakuri to do well.

Junk Synchron variants will benefit greatly under this list. Spore and Debris moving up makes the deck much more consistent. BRD becomes a dangerous card once again. The deck can add generic support such as TGU and BLS easily (one of the reasons why Plant Synchro did so well), and with the reduction of the power levels of the top tier decks you can expect to see this deck do well.

Blackwings gain power under this list for two reasons: The first being the general reduction of power in the game, and the other being the semi-limitation of Kalut. Hand traps play powerful mind games with your opponent. 1 Kalut didn't really deter people from ramming into your Shura, but having 2 in the deck will make them think twice, giving you the time you need to develop your field. Blackwings suffered from a lack of development ability due to the ridiculous speed of the game. Kalut helps mess with your opponent's tempo in order to generate your own plays.

Chaos will still be relevant in all its forms. Piper gained a new toy in REDU (Where arf thou?), and Chaos Dragons are still good even with 1 REDMD. It will not be Tier 1, but it will always make a top here and there. Expect to see it and side accordingly.

Gishki hasn't made an impact in the TCG, but expect to see it more often once HA07 is released. The LV8 build is very powerful, with Levianima giving the deck powerful draw power and field presence. Zealgigas based decks can FTK you easily and generate massive plusses.

Some of the new themes will do very well. Madolche has a powerful search and summoning engine. Puddingcess is an amazing card that has to be dealt with immediately. The deck has a decent negation engine, and it can OTK with Offering. This card will make an impact.

Lavals will do well next format, but the continued existence of Dino Rabbit will ensure that this deck doesn't hit Tier 1 level. Quasar is still a powerful card, however, so make sure 2 Maxx "C" are in your sideboard.

The Spellbook theme is good, but what makes this theme so amazing is Prophecy Destroyer. The card +1's from the grave for doing nothing. Not many decks can make a +1 2500 beater for nothing. That very fact alone will ensure this deck will have presence in the metagame.

Wind Ups will still be a good deck. Shark+Magician is still a combo, even with 1 zenmaity. You don't need 3 Zenmaitys to play this deck. You can still loop 2 cards from your opponent's hand, you just have to be careful when to do it (i.e you'll want to wait until you know your opponent is holding something big and drop it like people used to hold Delinquent Duo in Goat Control format). It still toolboxes all the rank 3 xyz's, and it can toolbox the rank 4's. People didn't really bother and generally went for Hunter's hand popping power instead, but you can use that hunter to make rank 4's. The deck is still viable and is very flexible. Don't count it out.

Agents. This deck gets back Earth. It still has 3 Hyperion and 2 Kristya. It still has everything that made it a great deck. The difference? The top tier decks are gone, so this deck will now see a return in play. It has many viable variants due to its ability to integrate many different engines into the core engine. It can be played with Herald of Perfection, T.G , and even Chaos. It is one of the few decks that still has reliable access to Synchros, and now has access to Daigusto Phoenix, giving it a bit more OTK potential. It is a very versatile theme, and integrates new seemingly unrelated cards very well. Expect to see this top.

Anti Meta logic:

Gravekeeper's:

This is the deck people will run to counter everything else. The deck side decks into basically anything, has a very solid engine, and if you are good with bluffs you can bluff a Spy for a Recruiter and a Recruiter for an Assailant, etc. The deck runs massive backrow, has incredible Graveyard control, has a powerful hand obliteration card, and can toolbox rank 4 xyz's rather easily. It sides fluidly into the best anti meta cards in the game (Fossil Dyna, TKR, Skill Drain, etc) and has amazing consistency. It didn't do too well due to the lack of time to set up, but with a slower metagame GK will do well.

Final Countdown:

This deck will top more often. Expect it. The main reason this deck wasn't topping as often is because of the ridiculous swarming power Inzektor has. That's gone. The only other deck that can really churn out enough consistent power to pressure the deck is AHL HERO, but even that deck can't consistently churn out +3's every turn. This will be meta relevant, so side something against it. I consider it anti-meta because it essentially bypasses many of the issues of card advantage problems. The deck can still win even if the player is down in card advantage. That is true of other decks, it applies to this deck in particular. It also bypasses many common meta controlling cards such as Torrential and Warning.

I'll let you figure out the Tier 2 logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pojo Idiots View Post
THIS YUGIOH CARD GENERATES MORE THAN A +0, THEREFORE IT IS ABUSABLE, BANWORTHY, ADDS TO THE POWER CREEP, DEGENERATE, FUELS OTKS, UNFAIR, IMBALANCED, TOO POWERFUL, AND SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Saifullah : 08-23-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Saifullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

Heir Kaiba is on a distinguished road

>> You don't have Agents anywhere at all.

Tele-Agents are very viable, TGU Agents and even T.G to a degree.

And BWs aren't that good with heavy and three msts.
Heir Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Saifullah
Regaining Sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir Kaiba View Post
>> You don't have Agents anywhere at all.

Tele-Agents are very viable, TGU Agents and even T.G to a degree.

And BWs aren't that good with heavy and three msts.

I forgot about Agents, I'll add that. Solid deck, I play it myself at the moment which is embarrassing.

BW will be a good deck with 2 Kalut. Try it.

Quote:
THIS YUGIOH CARD GENERATES MORE THAN A +0, THEREFORE IT IS ABUSABLE, BANWORTHY, ADDS TO THE POWER CREEP, DEGENERATE, FUELS OTKS, UNFAIR, IMBALANCED, TOO POWERFUL, AND SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
kazu
Yata Cultist

kazu is on a distinguished road

... I can already see the Final Countdown decks topping locals.

And you are vastly overestimating the power of Dino Rabbit variants. The Rabbit : Normal Monster ratio just went WAAAAAAY down. Tier 1.5 at best. Wind-Ups will probably end up being as strong if not stronger than rabbits.

The fact that you put GKs and Final Countdown in the same section pisses me off. Put DW and GKs in the same anti-meta section, and make a "derp deck" section entirely for Final Countdown.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.
kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
CardApp
Pojo Veteran

CardApp is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure Geargia will be tier 1.

I'll post something about why later.
CardApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Saifullah
Regaining Sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazu View Post
... I can already see the Final Countdown decks topping locals.

And you are vastly overestimating the power of Dino Rabbit variants. The Rabbit : Normal Monster ratio just went WAAAAAAY down. Tier 1.5 at best. Wind-Ups will probably end up being as strong if not stronger than rabbits.

The fact that you put GKs and Final Countdown in the same section pisses me off. Put DW and GKs in the same anti-meta section, and make a "derp deck" section entirely for Final Countdown.
Playtested the new Rabbit at locals with some other players, it's still ridiculous. It sides well into anti-meta, so the deck will still be powerful. As long as TGU and Rabbit are at 2, the deck will remain consistent enough to make power plays.

GK and FC serve the same purpose next format: Troll the meta. GK takes some though to play, though. FC doesn't. I could make a note of that if you want.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardApp View Post
I'm pretty sure Geargia will be tier 1.

I'll post something about why later.
Not quite Tier 1. I played a few games against Gearagia. The deck is very reliant on that flip monster and Gigant X. Stop those and the deck starts to flop. Accelerator is amazing, I will admit, but the deck does have glaring flaws that one can exploit.

Quote:

Last edited by Saifullah : 08-23-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
No Honor
Pojo Veteran

No Honor is on a distinguished road

Dino-Rabbit is dead, or no higher than tier 2.

Gold Sarcophagus is too slow, but still fast enough to beat lower tier decks.

Even Raigeki is more balanced than Heavy Storm.

Quote:
There is a special hell for those who worship the Heavy Storm. It is called the OCG.
No Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Saifullah
Regaining Sanity

It's not dead. People said plants were dead with PoA to 1, Dandy to 1, Lonefire to 1, etc. It didn't die. Some decks are just too consistent. Dino Rabbit is a pile of good cards, just like Plants. It also integrates new support easily (in this case rank 4 xyz's). As long as the pool of rank 4 xyz's increases, the power of Dino Rabbit increases.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
Maou
El~Psy~Congroo

Maou is on a distinguished road

This is just a list I panned out with what cards I have available to me since my Regionals is on the 8th.

Quote:
=======
Tier 1
=======

Chaos Dragon
HERO
Dino Rabbit
Wind-Up

=======
Tier 1.5
=======

Agent
Dark World
Gravekeeper's
Karakuri
Malefic
Shooting Quasar.dek

=======
Tier 2
=======

Falcon Control
Gem-Knight
Laval
Gladiator Beast
Lightsworn
I firmly believe in the Tier 1 being Tier 1. Chaos Dragons having 1 REDMD is not an issue at all, and I'm actually shocked that people believe it to be an issue. Wind-Up is still good as an Xyz Deck, not so much as a hand-looping ****fest.

I have the same evaluation for the Tier 1.5 on my list as you do. I believe Agents do look good this format in all variants due to it's consistency. Tele-Agents is interesting due to the fact the Psychics are level 2 and 3 which matches the levels of the main Agents and the Shine Balls meaning you can pull off either nutty Synchro or Xyz plays. GK and Malefic in this category is because they are both solid anti-meta options due to anything using a Graveyard or effects, and can both donk people with Royal Tribute. The Shooting Quasar.dek I am referring to is my own deck that is basically a Junk Doppel variant that plays like Chaos Dragons.

Tier 2 is what it is. All the other decks basically. Falcon Control is interesting because you can Ninja hybrid for consistency, but meh.

This is of course going off of the current card-pool we have available. Laval would be Tier 1.5 if it had it's sweltering, and Gadgets would be on the list if we had Tinplate Goldfish. I haven't listed Prophecy off yet because they won't be competitive until Abyss Rising, and the same with Atlantean/Mermail hybrids.

6 Regional Top 8's
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #10
bmtrocks
Pojo Veteran

bmtrocks is on a distinguished road

Tier 1:
HERO variants
Rabbit variants
Machina Gadget
Mermail/Atlantean variants

Tier 2:
Lavals
Synchrocentric
Six Samurai
Gravekeeper's
Tele-DAD
Agents
Inzektors
Wind-ups
Hieratics
Chaos Dragon
bmtrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
Saifullah
Regaining Sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maou View Post
This is just a list I panned out with what cards I have available to me since my Regionals is on the 8th.

I firmly believe in the Tier 1 being Tier 1. Chaos Dragons having 1 REDMD is not an issue at all, and I'm actually shocked that people believe it to be an issue. Wind-Up is still good as an Xyz Deck, not so much as a hand-looping ****fest.

I have the same evaluation for the Tier 1.5 on my list as you do. I believe Agents do look good this format in all variants due to it's consistency. Tele-Agents is interesting due to the fact the Psychics are level 2 and 3 which matches the levels of the main Agents and the Shine Balls meaning you can pull off either nutty Synchro or Xyz plays. GK and Malefic in this category is because they are both solid anti-meta options due to anything using a Graveyard or effects, and can both donk people with Royal Tribute. The Shooting Quasar.dek I am referring to is my own deck that is basically a Junk Doppel variant that plays like Chaos Dragons.

Tier 2 is what it is. All the other decks basically. Falcon Control is interesting because you can Ninja hybrid for consistency, but meh.

This is of course going off of the current card-pool we have available. Laval would be Tier 1.5 if it had it's sweltering, and Gadgets would be on the list if we had Tinplate Goldfish. I haven't listed Prophecy off yet because they won't be competitive until Abyss Rising, and the same with Atlantean/Mermail hybrids.
1 REDMD doesn't hurt the deck, but FF was giving the deck extreme consistency which allowed it to take many wins in high level tournaments. Without the crutch, it will be reduced to the lower Tier 1/1.5 deck that it should be. Wind Ups I feel will not be quite Tier 1 anymore. The deck is still great, and I expect it to top, but people will be siding in Maxx "C" more often than Veiler due to HERO being the ultimate Tier 1 deck for next format. Maxx "C" hurts Wind Ups, and you can't derp 4 cards from the hand anymore. It will be weakened a bit.

Rabbit is still amazing though.

I'll add the Psychic variant for Agents. Deck just integrates anything, that's why I play it.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
ReadTheDamnCard
Pojo Veteran

ReadTheDamnCard is on a distinguished road

I heavily doubt Blackwings and Agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboo View Post
You remind me of squiddy with better grammar
ReadTheDamnCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
No Honor
Pojo Veteran

No Honor is on a distinguished road

I think Scraps could be tier 1.5.

Even Raigeki is more balanced than Heavy Storm.

Quote:
There is a special hell for those who worship the Heavy Storm. It is called the OCG.
No Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Heir Kaiba
Pojo Veteran

Heir Kaiba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadTheDamnCard View Post
I heavily doubt Blackwings and Agents.
Agents variants are very strong. BWS not so much.
Heir Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
bmtrocks
Pojo Veteran

bmtrocks is on a distinguished road

Oh and Psychics are going to be VERY good next format. Triple E-Tele makes them super consistent.
bmtrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Chaos_Theory
Metal Gear Solid

Chaos_Theory is on a distinguished road

I'm not saying Rabbit will be the undisputed best deck of the format, but anybody who says it's 'dead' or not tier 1 is in some sort of denial.

The deck is still very good. Get over it.
Chaos_Theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
Maou
El~Psy~Congroo

Maou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifullah View Post
1 REDMD doesn't hurt the deck, but FF was giving the deck extreme consistency which allowed it to take many wins in high level tournaments. Without the crutch, it will be reduced to the lower Tier 1/1.5 deck that it should be. Wind Ups I feel will not be quite Tier 1 anymore. The deck is still great, and I expect it to top, but people will be siding in Maxx "C" more often than Veiler due to HERO being the ultimate Tier 1 deck for next format. Maxx "C" hurts Wind Ups, and you can't derp 4 cards from the hand anymore. It will be weakened a bit.

Rabbit is still amazing though.

I'll add the Psychic variant for Agents. Deck just integrates anything, that's why I play it.
FF was an auto-win button, not a consistency card. There are tons and tons of games I can remember I don't draw Future Fusion and just win. I honestly completely disagree with that when the lot of decks that hit the weak points of Chaos Dragons had their consistency neutered, or have lost their viable way to combat Chaos Dragons (Wind-Ups loop, Inzektors period).

If you're facing any competitive player, they would still have had Maxx "C" in their Side for the deck already. People siding in 2 Maxx "C" just means they have to stop on whatever they are doing or let the opponent get a +1 (which really sadly doesn't make a difference this day).

6 Regional Top 8's
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
gigslolness
GB and Plant Vet!!

gigslolness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifullah View Post
I'll post some logic at the end

Tier 1:

HERO Variants (AHL, Hero Beat)
Dino Rabbit

Tier 1.5:

Lavals
Wind-Up
Dark World
Blackwings
Karakuri
Machina Gadget
Junk Synchron variants
Chaos variants (Dragon, Piper, whatever)
Spellbooks
Madolche
Atlantean
Gishki Variants (LV8 Control primarily, Zealgigas as well)
Agent variants (Standard, Herald, Psychic, Chaos, T.G to an extent)
Six Samurai

Tier 2:

Infernity
Gladiator Beast
Chain Burn
Inzektor
Worms
Exodia
Chain Burn

Anti-Meta:

Gravekeeper's
Final Countdown

Tier 1 logic:

With the ridiculously speedy decks gone or neutered (Dragons, Inzektor, Wind Ups, whatever), we will see the formerly low Tier 1 decks see a rise to the top. HERO is a very solid deck that escaped with nearly no hits (-1 AHL, and -1 Call which wasn't even used). It has solid offensive power now via the new warrior rank 4 xyz monsters, excellent defensive power with Gemini Spark/Hero Blast and other defensive traps/spells, and sides fluidly into various cards that have no effect on the deck itself (Skill Drain, SIM, etc). It will be our Tier 1 deck.

Dino Rabbit will still be Tier 1. 2 TGU and 2 Rabbit isn't enough to kill the deck. The deck will simply run +1 Gold Sarcophagus to ensure consistency. The deck can still control very well with its ability to churn out a 2400 walking Solemn Judgment. It can also main Macro Cosmos, which is a very powerful counter to many decks. It will still see play and will top often.

Tier 1.5 logic:

NOTE: My definition of Tier 1.5 is a deck that is powerful enough to contend with the Tier 1 decks and win, but on average will lose more games than it can win. That does not mean it CANNOT win against a Tier 1 deck, but that on average it will lose more than it will win.

As you can see from my list, the Tier 1.5 segment of the game has expanded greatly. Next format will be fairly diverse. The removal of Inzektor and the full Wind-Up loop will allow more non-chainable traps to be used once again (most notably Mirror Force and Dimensional Prison). A more expansive backrow means a larger diversity in the card pool (look at the 2011 heavyless format for proof).

A couple of decks move up simply by the removal of the top tier (Dark World, Karakuri, Machina Gadgets). Dark World in particular will be a very powerful borderline deck. The deck has an excellent matchup against Dino Rabbit, and the number of decks that can afford to use Dimensional Fissure and Macro Cosmos has been reduced. Machina Gadgets will be powerful again in the TCG with the release of Gigant X. It does not need Offering at all to be good.

Karakuri has always been powerful, but the current format's ridiculous OTK potential required players to main 2-3 Veilers. With the next format looking to be HERO dominated, Veiler will see less maindeck play, allowing Karakuri to do well.

Junk Synchron variants will benefit greatly under this list. Spore and Debris moving up makes the deck much more consistent. BRD becomes a dangerous card once again. The deck can add generic support such as TGU and BLS easily (one of the reasons why Plant Synchro did so well), and with the reduction of the power levels of the top tier decks you can expect to see this deck do well.

Blackwings gain power under this list for two reasons: The first being the general reduction of power in the game, and the other being the semi-limitation of Kalut. Hand traps play powerful mind games with your opponent. 1 Kalut didn't really deter people from ramming into your Shura, but having 2 in the deck will make them think twice, giving you the time you need to develop your field. Blackwings suffered from a lack of development ability due to the ridiculous speed of the game. Kalut helps mess with your opponent's tempo in order to generate your own plays.

Chaos will still be relevant in all its forms. Piper gained a new toy in REDU (Where arf thou?), and Chaos Dragons are still good even with 1 REDMD. It will not be Tier 1, but it will always make a top here and there. Expect to see it and side accordingly.

Gishki hasn't made an impact in the TCG, but expect to see it more often once HA07 is released. The LV8 build is very powerful, with Levianima giving the deck powerful draw power and field presence. Zealgigas based decks can FTK you easily and generate massive plusses.

Some of the new themes will do very well. Madolche has a powerful search and summoning engine. Puddingcess is an amazing card that has to be dealt with immediately. The deck has a decent negation engine, and it can OTK with Offering. This card will make an impact.

Lavals will do well next format, but the continued existence of Dino Rabbit will ensure that this deck doesn't hit Tier 1 level. Quasar is still a powerful card, however, so make sure 2 Maxx "C" are in your sideboard.

The Spellbook theme is good, but what makes this theme so amazing is Prophecy Destroyer. The card +1's from the grave for doing nothing. Not many decks can make a +1 2500 beater for nothing. That very fact alone will ensure this deck will have presence in the metagame.

Wind Ups will still be a good deck. Shark+Magician is still a combo, even with 1 zenmaity. You don't need 3 Zenmaitys to play this deck. You can still loop 2 cards from your opponent's hand, you just have to be careful when to do it (i.e you'll want to wait until you know your opponent is holding something big and drop it like people used to hold Delinquent Duo in Goat Control format). It still toolboxes all the rank 3 xyz's, and it can toolbox the rank 4's. People didn't really bother and generally went for Hunter's hand popping power instead, but you can use that hunter to make rank 4's. The deck is still viable and is very flexible. Don't count it out.

Agents. This deck gets back Earth. It still has 3 Hyperion and 2 Kristya. It still has everything that made it a great deck. The difference? The top tier decks are gone, so this deck will now see a return in play. It has many viable variants due to its ability to integrate many different engines into the core engine. It can be played with Herald of Perfection, T.G , and even Chaos. It is one of the few decks that still has reliable access to Synchros, and now has access to Daigusto Phoenix, giving it a bit more OTK potential. It is a very versatile theme, and integrates new seemingly unrelated cards very well. Expect to see this top.

Anti Meta logic:

Gravekeeper's:

This is the deck people will run to counter everything else. The deck side decks into basically anything, has a very solid engine, and if you are good with bluffs you can bluff a Spy for a Recruiter and a Recruiter for an Assailant, etc. The deck runs massive backrow, has incredible Graveyard control, has a powerful hand obliteration card, and can toolbox rank 4 xyz's rather easily. It sides fluidly into the best anti meta cards in the game (Fossil Dyna, TKR, Skill Drain, etc) and has amazing consistency. It didn't do too well due to the lack of time to set up, but with a slower metagame GK will do well.

Final Countdown:

This deck will top more often. Expect it. The main reason this deck wasn't topping as often is because of the ridiculous swarming power Inzektor has. That's gone. The only other deck that can really churn out enough consistent power to pressure the deck is AHL HERO, but even that deck can't consistently churn out +3's every turn. This will be meta relevant, so side something against it. I consider it anti-meta because it essentially bypasses many of the issues of card advantage problems. The deck can still win even if the player is down in card advantage. That is true of other decks, it applies to this deck in particular. It also bypasses many common meta controlling cards such as Torrential and Warning.

I'll let you figure out the Tier 2 logic.
Good list dude... Can decide weather tobhave a Six Sam, Karakuri or GK format as all will do well :-)

Trades

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=655442

Team Name Erased

Top 4 Dundee Regional with Six Sams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArmedPineapple View Post
After taking a long, good look at the deck

Have my babies
gigslolness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
Yussa Tampon
4$hl3y T1$d4l3

Yussa Tampon is on a distinguished road

Hero and Chaos Dragons are going to terrorize this format. Some other stuff will see the top as well, but I have little confidence in them
We choose your diaper size
Yussa Tampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
kazu
Yata Cultist

kazu is on a distinguished road

Chaos Dragons won't terrorize the format, rofl.
And also plz don't quote the whole damn OP.

RIP Liberty Reserve
Because real pros use Liberty Reserve to buy Yata-Garasus.
kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #21
Bagels

Bagels is on a distinguished road

Tefnut-Dad tier 1.5 IMO
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
MarkValverde
The Head Thug

MarkValverde is on a distinguished road

You forgot Darkworld in tier 1,and what about Malefic in Anti-Meta?
MarkValverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #23
Neverwish
Stronk Deks

Neverwish is on a distinguished road

You might have forgotten Hieratics. Without a second REDMD, control variants are going to start showing up. They can still Xyz like crazy with very little setup, and control builds will not be so wrecked by a well timed Veiler / TT as the OTK build was.

I'd put it under Tier 1.5

Currently Running:
Hieratics (90% built)
Other Decks:
Cyber Dragon (70% built)
Zero Dark Synchro (Konami killed my deck QQ)
Neverwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
CardApp
Pojo Veteran

CardApp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not quite Tier 1. I played a few games against Gearagia. The deck is very reliant on that flip monster and Gigant X. Stop those and the deck starts to flop. Accelerator is amazing, I will admit, but the deck does have glaring flaws that one can exploit.
Fair enough. It's flexibility as an engine, and it's ability to consistently manufacture solid advantage is what I believe will keep the deck consistently topping. If it won't be tier 1, it'll be damn close.

And as for a list, I do believe these are all the variants it has;

Pure Geargia
Geargiakuri
MachinaGeargia
GeargiaGadget
Machina Geargia Gadget
Geargia Scraps
Psychic Geargia

~7 variants or more? Not bad.

Last edited by CardApp : 08-23-2012 at 02:19 PM.
CardApp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #25
MarkValverde
The Head Thug

MarkValverde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardApp View Post
Fair enough. It's flexibility as an engine, and it's ability to consistently manufacture solid advantage is what I believe will keep the deck consistently topping. If it won't be tier 1, it'll be damn close.

And as for a list, I do believe these are all the variants it has;

Pure Geargia
Geargiakuri
MachinaGeargia
GeargiaGadget
Machina Geargia Gadget
Geargia Scraps
Psychic Geargia

~7 variants or more? Not bad.
Damn that deck is really splashable.
MarkValverde is offline   Reply With Quote