Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Crucify
Sunsinger <3

Crucify will become famous soon enough
Default Gishki FTK ~ Another Major Annoyance

The FTK is very simple. Draw your entire deck which is a simple task, once you have no cards left in your deck summon Mind Augus to return all One Day of Peace back to the deck, anything else are cards such as Hand Destruction or Into The Void. The goal is to deck-out the opponent from from of One Day of Peace or Hand Destruction. The goal is exactly the same as Merovingian's Subversion Mill. Anyway, on to the deck list.

Monsters (11):
3x Gishki Shadow
3x Gishki Vision
2x Gishki Mind Augus
2x Gishki Soul Ogre
1x Royal Magical Library

Spells (29):
3x Moray of Greed
3x Hand Destruction
3x One Day of Peace
3x Into The Void
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Trade-In
3x Salvage
2x Gishki Aquamirror
1x Monster Reborn
1x Card Destruction
1x Prohibition
1x Wonder Wand
1x Magical Mallet
1x Cup of Ace

The Extra is irrelevant since you won't be using it. Also, if you're wondering Prohibition is in there so you don't get hit by Effect Veiler.
Crucify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Drazarx

Drazarx is on a distinguished road

I played someone on DN a while back using something quite similar. Now I'm not sure how all of the comboes work exactly, but he was returning Card Destruction rather than Hand Destruction, which seems much more effective
Drazarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Sir C
GB player

Sir C is on a distinguished road

From the games I've played with this deck it seems to be fairly inconsistent.

If you don't get Library on the field early your hand just turns into dead cards. Wonder Wand is only useful once you have Library, and Monster Reborn seems to be in the same boat (I'm assuming it's to revive the Library after using Wand). Prohibition serves no purpose either until you have the Library. -1 cards (Hand D/Mallet) really hurt if Library isn't out and if he's drawn late I tend to have several unusable cards in hand and can't take advantage of his effect. Whenever I'm using Library in other FTK decks it's normally in 2's or 3's (sometimes even with Summoner Monks).

I'm not a fan of Card Destruction since every time I had it in hand it would have hurt more than helped if I played it.

I don't like Cup of Ace (Lady Luck seems to hate me when it comes to coin flips and dice rolls), too random and acts as a -1 half the time, usually more in my case.

I know I sound like a bit of a downer but those are my problems with it. It's definitely harder to play than other FTK builds I've tried. I'll try messing around with it some more to see if I can work it a bit better
Old 02-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
bricklemacho
Pojo Veteran

bricklemacho is on a distinguished road

Assuming you are still running/testing this, what does you side look like? Perhaps side into Merovingian's Subversion Mill as they will probably side out any trap negations or perhaps Reversal Quiz?
bricklemacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
pyrestriker
Pojo Veteran

pyrestriker is on a distinguished road

Have you considered bumping up the Library, or even Summoner Monk? You can ditch a spell for Library, and do some Gishki Shenanigans to bring back Aquamirror if you used that for the summon. Then, you have more options to work with and it'll help thin out the deck by an extra card. Heck, even 2 Monk, Ditch spell, Monk. Ditch Spell, Library. Aquamirror shenanigans, offer both Monks, more shenanigans, offer from hand...
Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Stormcaller23
Pojo Veteran

Stormcaller23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrestriker View Post
Have you considered bumping up the Library, or even Summoner Monk? You can ditch a spell for Library, and do some Gishki Shenanigans to bring back Aquamirror if you used that for the summon. Then, you have more options to work with and it'll help thin out the deck by an extra card. Heck, even 2 Monk, Ditch spell, Monk. Ditch Spell, Library. Aquamirror shenanigans, offer both Monks, more shenanigans, offer from hand...
The deck is dead, long live the deck.

DN: Stormcaller23
Stormcaller23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Hondacrx2
Learning the Ropes

Hondacrx2 is on a distinguished road

This deck just got 3rd at Philly. And they too 8 didn't want to play it and die rolled for top 8. Deck went x-1 all day.
Hondacrx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
EMOvite Emily
Fortune Lady Vet

EMOvite Emily is on a distinguished road

The Mind Augus is actually known by Evigishki Mind Augus. Just pointing that out.
EMOvite Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
Stormcaller23
Pojo Veteran

Stormcaller23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondacrx2 View Post
This deck just got 3rd at Philly. And they too 8 didn't want to play it and die rolled for top 8. Deck went x-1 all day.
Really? I stand corrected.

DN: Stormcaller23
Stormcaller23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
G-Bomb
What do I put here?

G-Bomb is on a distinguished road

Just switch 2 cards to make it to Life Equalizer Magical Explosion and it's a deck again.
G-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
Cybertron2
Just Got Here

Cybertron2 is on a distinguished road
Default Revamp

Well I havent found a way to get the MD consistent again yet - and I spent too much time tweaking the initial builds to get it to work.
Some food for thought though
If you don't cast one day when going off - looping Into The Void into Gagaga Cowboy is legit; heiratic sun dragon overlord of heliopolis resetting the board to 0 so you can deal infinite damage
Also when comboing this way you can empty their hand with evilswarm orborous using hieratic sun dragon to reset the board back to 0 then augus both back and loop infinite.
Also Abyss Dweller probably stops something
Cybertron2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
trynet
Not a Turtle

trynet is on a distinguished road

Just play the list I posted on my youtube channel, I also have numerous videos on how to play the deck (a couple of which are a bit outdated, but the core ideas are still there.)

The deck isn't dead, it lost 2 (admittedly pretty important) Upstart Goblins, and had to replace them with crap like Cup of Ace, but the deck still boasts about a 70-75% ftk rate (compared to the 80-85% it had last format, but with more decks capable of FTKing back with a Shock Master, or maindecked Macro Cosmos.)

Also, @Cybertron2, what cards are you playing to make Cowboy? Reborn?
Youtube Channel
trynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
Cybertron2
Just Got Here

Cybertron2 is on a distinguished road
Default sry its so late

Yeah - when i made the deck (see link below), i originally used reborn as a route around veiler since it was popular. It's by no means mandatory but I liked it. I never found the cup variants to be great - for all means if it works go for it but i played around with your variant for a bit and it honestly felt like if you won the 1st flip you won about 80% of the time, but you'd lose a lot to mismatched hands and other issues. ATM I'm trying to boost the consistency without cup by using a reasoning/lightsworn wulf Monster Gate shell and the results are promising, albeit this variant has more complex interactions than the last.
Damn - just watched your primers - way to take the idea to the next level (with the veiler proof stuff and single augus loop). I still found reborn pretty cute in testing - esp in the reasoning builds. Also it allows for the combo's that dodge lockbird (the dmg ones) and in ocg it lets you win by mill (theres a level 4 xyz that says mill 1 - loop that with reborn and the lv8 sun god thing.)
I always kinda thought there'd be a way without lib or with 1 augus but it took so long to test (since i only play on dn) that i sorta gave up on finding it XD. gratz on fidning it and your massive success.
(http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1064893)

Last edited by Cybertron2 : 07-04-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Cybertron2 is offline   Reply With Quote