Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
aitrisbridge
Learning the Ropes

Default Exceeding Samurais

If only Grandmaster didn't say you could only have one on the field...
You could have overlayed for rank 5 easily..
Oh well..
Anyways..
This is mostly built around the Structure Deck.
I currently do not have ANY Kagemushas sooo I am not running any.
I will later on once I get my hands on them.

Monsters 20
Elder of the Six Samurai x2 (Two is perfect)
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai x2 (I side one at times to put something else in)
Great Shogun Shien x1 (Two can get cloggy)
Hand of the Six Samurai x1 (Pop a monster, then overlay /^-^/)
Legendary Six Samurai - Enishi x1 (Overall great card, helps a lot, great boost)
Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki x3 (Yes, it might get veilered, BUT you should always have a back up special summon, for example Kizan or Grandmaster, in case he does get veilered. This is an exceeding build, so why not take advantage of such a great way to overlay into a Rank Three or Four if you already have a level 4 on field? So many options v.v )
Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan x3 (Do I need to explain?)
Shien's Squire x1 (For now I run this instead of Kagemushas. So far it's been going pretty well. Just to get into Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En. Squire is pretty easy to get into.)
Spirit of the Six Samurai x1 (Draw power, boost, overlay if need be, it's good to just run one, just in case)
The Six Samurai - Irou x1 (Get's over Ryko, Greavekeeper's Spy, etc etc, most importantly, IT GETS OF FRIGGEN RYKO. Ryko is a ******)
The Six Samurai - Nisashi x1 (Not the greatest Six Samurai, buuuut he's useful in a way. He can attack twice.. I'm fine with that)
The Six Samurai - Yaichi x1 (Use his effect, destroy a set spell/trap, overlay into a rank 3, laugh at opponents expression)
The Six Samurai - Yariza x1 (I rarely, raaaarely use his effect. Just a Kageki target at times)
The Six Samurai - Zanji x1 (It really helps.. Get's over big monsters)

Spells 13
Dark Hole x1 (You could side this. But, again, it helps)
Gateway of the Six x1 (Boost, search, get back a shien. Overall just amazing)
Monster Reborn x1 (Get back your Shi En. You could side this out but it helps at times)
Mystical Space Typhoon x1 (I can only fit one, and one works well with me)
Reinforcement of the Army x1 (Helpful in many ways. Gets you many possible plays)
Shien's Dojo x3 (Multiple Dojo.. Two Kizan.. A Grandmaster.. And a Kageki and Yaichi in your hand.. Just.. Gah)
Shien's Smoke Signal x2 (In case you didn't draw a Kageki, use these guys)
Six Samurai United x1 just kidding, x3 (Draw power. Amazing. Just amazing. Very broken)

Traps 7
Bottomless Trap Hole x2 (Staple, I'd use warnings instead if I had them, but for now, they're working pretty good)
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2 (I use it for the lulz)
Double-Edged Sword Technique x1 (I'd side another, but two is kind of ehh, I wouldn't go two, one is perfect, more exceed plays)
Fiendish Chain x1 (Just because it's more accessible now)
Musakani Magatama (Pretty good. Negate a Dark Hole and see the fear in your opponents eyes. Two gets cloggy at times, but again, I'd side one)

I do not have Solemns, sadly, but I'd run them. Effect Veiler.. Ahhh what can i say, just having one Effect Veiler can really slow down your plays. Drawing into one with a crap hand can really affect your game. Effect Veiler in any other deck is good but with Samurais, in my opinion, you'd want as many Samurais as possible. To swarm. Which is the whole point of Samurais.

Extra 15
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (Only Synchro in the extra deck, yes, I know, what about catastor, and other stuff, but i sold my catastors so it's whatever, you can only get into level 5 and the occasional 8 in this build so run 5 and 8s if you'd like, but I like just having what I need)
Blade Armor Ninja (To be honest, I really only use him when I know I can go for a direct attack. Other than that I rarely use him)
Gem-Knight Pearl (2600 Rank 4 Exceed. No effect. Useless in a sense, but still useful as a beatstick, once again, I use him against monsters Samurais can't handle on their own, but yeah, it's just good to have him in there)
M-X-Saber Invoker (You. Need. To. Run. This. Friggen. Monster. He is GREAT for setting up another exceed play. Just try him out, you'll love him)
Maestroke, the Symphony Djinn (A budget player's Wind-Up Zenmaines)
Muzurhythmn the String Djinn (Can get himself to 3000 attack. He's great at times)
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon x2 (Probably the Rank 3 I mostly get into. He's great and easy to get out)
Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction (I've used him like once.. Haha. He's okay. Not the best)
Number 39: Utopia x2 (Staple in most, if not all, extra decks. Good stats, good negation. He isn't the greatest exceed monster but he has some uses)
Photon Papilloperative (This can be one hell of a risk, or one hell of an advantage)
Shadow of the Six Samurai - Shien (Meh. He's okay. Can make a 3500 to 3700 Kageki with Gateway on the field. That's really the only time when I bring him out)
Temtempo the Percussion Djinn (Detach a material from an opponents exceed monster. Not bad, not bad at all...)

Side Deck
I dunno what to put as the side deck... Haha.

So yeah, suggestions? Please haha.
aitrisbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

2-3 Shinai, 2-3 Mizuho = rank 3s gogogo
You should also really be using Asceticism, makes for more xyz options (mizuho - hand, shinai - kamon, kizan - zanji, irou - enishi, elder - kagemusha [once you add him])
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
aitrisbridge
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkKiller View Post
2-3 Shinai, 2-3 Mizuho = rank 3s gogogo
You should also really be using Asceticism, makes for more xyz options (mizuho - hand, shinai - kamon, kizan - zanji, irou - enishi, elder - kagemusha [once you add him])
Mizuho and Shinai in my opinion are really slow. And I would use Asceticism, but, sadly, no one at my locals has them and I can't get my hands on them :/ I really would run them though. The deck would run a lot smoother and quicker.
aitrisbridge is offline   Reply With Quote