Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Hunter Serge
Pojo Veteran

Hunter Serge is on a distinguished road
Default Spectral Duke Dragon [English]

The build for this deck that I plan to add to my list once EB03EN is out Internationally in under 2 weeks:

Grade 0 (17):
1x Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer
4x Flame of Victory (Critical)
4x Silent Punisher (Critical)
4x Falcon Knight of the Azure (Draw)
4x Elixir Sommelier (Heal)

Grade 1 (15):
4x Black Dragon Vanguard, Vortimer
4x Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
3x Halo Shield, Mark
2x Blade Feather Valkyrie
1x War Horse, Raging Storm
1x Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 (10):
4x Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer
2x Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
2x Flash Edge Valkyrie
2x Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion

Grade 3 (8):
4x Spectral Duke Dragon
2x Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
2x Gigantech Destroyer

Now, I will explain my card choices, starting at Grade 3 and going down.

Spectral Duke Dragon: The star of the deck. He's the first 11k Gold Paladins have, and I love 11k Vanguards. He also has a very pressuring Limit Break, even if costly. However, the Ride Chain essentially gives you the pluses you need to null out the negs from the cost.

Great Silver Wolf, Garmore: A great card, and always belongs in a Gold Paladin deck. Here, he's for the late game, after Spectral Duke's Limit Break has gone off. He's also useful to Ride if you miss the Ride Chain.

Gigantech Destroyer: A 12k by himself, very useful card, and it can abuse the rampant 10k Vanguards with its ability to swing for 20k.

Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer: The G2 of the Ride Chain. 4 of him is mandatory. Him being in the Soul is also what pumps SDD up to 11k.

Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains: It's a 10k vanilla beater. Not much explaination needed.

Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion: A 10k Intercept. A couple copies of this, plus Spectral Duke's own 11k, makes for some good defense.

Flash Edge Valkyrie: I don't like this card that much, it's really only here until I can get Vivaines, which I should be able to get 2 more copies of by the summer's end.

Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer: The G1 of the Ride Chain. 4 is mandatory. The 7k boost is nice too.

Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth: It's a 8k vanilla beater. Needed for Flash Edge, Nemean Lion, and Gigantech Destroyer to hit for magic numbers.

Halo Shield, Mark: Despite the Limit Breaks, I haven't really seen a need for 4 Perfect Guards in my testing. It might be the 11k Vanguard + 10K Intercepts. Probably.

War Horse, Raging Storm: If my deck decides to screw me over, and I mess up the Ride Chain, I can Call this guy to get Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer in my Soul and get that awesome 11k defensive Power going.

Silver Fang Witch: Generally my call of choice when I Ride Garmore over Spectral Duke. Since I neg myself with the re-ride, this turns it into a +1. Oh, how I love abusing the rampant 10k Vanguards of the English format.

I'm not going to bother explaining my Grade 0 choices in depth. I'll leave it at this: Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer is the Ride Chain's Starter (derp), I run 8 Criticals, because the best time to set off Spectral Duke's Limit Break is after hitting a Critical, and quite frankly, I run Draws over Stands because Draws give me +1s and Stands are rather bad outside of a select few clans/builds (Nova Grapplers, Pale Moons, Invincible Overlord).

Advice? Thoughts? Suggestions pretaining to this actual deck, and not telling me to run a completely different deck? (Looking at you, StuartHayden)

-Serge
Hunter Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
KuroKaze

KuroKaze is on a distinguished road

I run a similar deck, albeit different (no Valkyries, no Gigantech Crusher, no Nemea Lion, 4 Marks etc).. anyways, Silver Fang Witch was horrible when I tested her, probably because I prefer those soul blasts for Charjgal.. anyways, I would suggest u try

-1 Silver Fang Witch
-4 Valkyries... I really hate them, if only the g2 had 9k :/

+1 Charjgal (to make Garmore a 21k RG ofc)
+2 Viviane (once you get them)
+2 Mark/Horse/Charjgal
KuroKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
MonarchVV

MonarchVV is on a distinguished road

There isn't really one exact way to build the Duke Dragon deck, so there isn't much to criticize.

Why the choice of two of the Grade 1 Valkyrie though? It has to boost the Grade 2 Valkyrie to get its effect off, so it's quite situational.
MonarchVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Hunter Serge
Pojo Veteran

Hunter Serge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchVV View Post
There isn't really one exact way to build the Duke Dragon deck, so there isn't much to criticize.

Why the choice of two of the Grade 1 Valkyrie though? It has to boost the Grade 2 Valkyrie to get its effect off, so it's quite situational.
As I stated, the Valkyries are only in until I'm able to get Vivaine. With the Grade 1 Valkyrie, I can allow the Grade 2 Valkyrie to act as a slightly weaker Vivaine.

-Serge
Hunter Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
SaiScott95
Pokémon Trainer

SaiScott95 is on a distinguished road

People at my locals use 4 Nimues. Maybe you should show them this decklist xD They might learn something for once xD

Buddyfight: Spectral | Yu-Gi-Oh!: Blackwings, Crystal Beasts | Pokémon: N/A
SaiScott95 is offline   Reply With Quote