Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Inb4Gorz

I like Fableds, the idea of discarding to get effects is just cool to me. I never knew they had a combo to bring out SQD though, I may try this.
Inb4Gorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Balders
EXODIA OBLITERATE

How does this test against the meta? Also maybe add a gorz

thanks to potofduality1234

Black and White Fabled
Balders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

@Gorz: Yup, Formula + Librarian+Ragin OR Raginx2 OR Brionac+Unicore = iWin
The maxed CotH also mean that the longer the game goes on, the more likely you'll be able to bring out Quasar.

@Balders: Decently well, the only one they do inherently "bad" against are dino-rabbits. There's 2 main things keeping Fabled from being highly competitive; 1st is hand traps, to work properly Fableds have to dump everything on the field so running hand traps themselves is usually a bad idea and to stop them a well placed veiler (against ragin) basically ends your turn right there (Maxx "C" and crow hurt a bit too). 2ndly is grave hate. Dino-rabbit, Inzektors and Wind-Ups can all main/side Dfissure which stops the majority of your deck dead in its tracks.
As for gorz, goes along the same line of hand-traps. He is pretty easy to get out of your hand when you need to, but it can cause you to waste a turn or 2 before exploding (which could in turn give your opponent more things to stop you with).
Old 07-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
JayceJa
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkKiller View Post
1st is hand traps, to work properly Fableds have to dump everything on the field so running hand traps themselves is usually a bad idea and to stop them a well placed veiler (against ragin) basically ends your turn right there (Maxx "C" and crow hurt a bit too).
using maxx C is pretty dangerous against fableds though, as they can use brionac and 2 of their discard summon cards to draw out your opponent so they lose on their next draw phase
JayceJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Balders
EXODIA OBLITERATE

fair enough man have you thought about running the solemns over wing blast ?

Black and White Fabled
Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

I know your spell count is low but I like Magical Stone Excavation in fables. Looks really good. Why no BLS?
Chaos Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Balders
EXODIA OBLITERATE

maybe -1 PWWB -1 Monster Reincarnation -1 COTH for 2 Solemn Warning and 1 Book of Moon ?

also does anyone know where there is a video on how to do fabled quasar ? as i dont know even though ive been mucking about with them for ages

Black and White Fabled
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

@JayceJa: True, BUT the only problem is nobody that runs Maxx "C" doesn't run veiler as well (or at least near nobody). The Brionac + Cerb/lurrie combo to draw out an opponent who uses maxx was good before everyone and their mother started maining veilers.

@Balders: I have, the only reason I don't run the solemn trio is more than 50% of my wins come from an early game Ancient Sacred Wyvern.

I'm too lazy to make a video but I just did a couple test runs with my deck and the third try gave a 1st turn Quasar:

Starting Hand: Krus, Dark Hole, TGU, Call, Grimro, Card Destruction

Summon TGU, Special Kushano, use Grimro to search Cerb, Card D to special Cerb and Grimro (via krus) draw 4 (chawa, reincarnation, ganashia, pwwb).
[current field: TGU, Cerb, Grimro, Kushano / 4 in hand]
Synch TGU and Cerb for Librarian, overlay ganashia and kushano for Leviathan, leviathan detach kushano, use chawa SS self and Ganashia, set reincarnation and pwwb.
[current field: Librarian, Grimro, Chawa, Leviathan, 2 set / 0 in hand]
Synch Grimro and Chawa for Ragin, draw 2 from Ragin then 1 from Librarian (starlight, krus, nozoochee), use reincarnation discarding krus (to SS chawa) and get back grimro, grimro eff to search out lurrie, kushano eff to SS lurrie and return himself to hand, synch lurrie and chawa for formula, draw 1 from formula and 1 from librarian (Mind Control and TGU), synch librarian + ragin + formula for Quasar, set starlight and end.

Ending Field: Shooting Quasar Dragon, Leviathan Dragon (with Ganashia attatched), Starlight Road, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
Ending Hand: Fabled Kushano, The Fabled Nozoochee, Mind Control, Tour Guide From the Underworld
GG much?

Now that kind of craziness doesn't happen often, but similar craziness not quite resulting in a T1 Quasar still does. That could have easily been stopped by a maxx/veiler/crow but if the starting TGU were to be veilered the hand still could have gone off quite well.

@Pancake: Because it can (and did) get stuck in hand, This does a lot of reverse toolboxing so the grave removal can be a little "eh" but not too bad BUT until you draw a TGU or Sangan he just sits there preventing you from making any Ragin plays.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
Balders
EXODIA OBLITERATE

ah thank you for explaining i understand how its done now thank you very much LinkKiller

Black and White Fabled
Old 07-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

No problem. There are of coarse many other combinations to end up making quasar, but they all combine a mix of searching, reverse-toolboxing and drawing.
The main thing with Fableds is they are not at all an auto-pilot deck, you have to test it out a bit to get a good "feel" for the many possible combos and for when you should be going all out for the kill or playing defensively.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
Shay107

You should try 2-3 Reckless Greed. It makes things a LOT faster with more options in your hand for discarding. But don't use Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, it's way to slow and take out the torrentials. They are dead a lot since this deck focuses on getting big monsters out to take over the field. You should also try De-Synchro. I've had one in my build for a while, and it works great. Summon ragin, draw your cards, desynchro the ragin, set/discard what you got, summon the ragin again to draw more cards. It works even better with a librarian on your field
Shay107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
linvus232

This looks really solid. More people need to realise how ridiculous Reincarnation is here.

All I would suggest (preference really, feel free to tell me to go away in both cases) is to look at Raigeki Break instead of PWWB. They're better against different decks and it depends on what your matchups are, but on balance I tend to end up using Breaks this format. That and cut the Valkyrus for a Scrap Dragon - I know Valky is fun and occasionally makes a huge play go on slightly longer, but you won't be able to get to your Quasar every time and Scrap is too useful in those instances.
linvus232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

Have you tried the Junk version? If so, how does it compare to this deck? Is it slower when bringing out Quasar?

Also, subbing. This is probably my favorite current deck on Pojo.

Last edited by RefreshingCocaCola : 07-20-2012 at 01:39 AM.
RefreshingCocaCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

@Shay: Reckless isn't bad and makes great MST bait, but once you use it you pretty much have to explode then or you will lose before your next normal draw. PWWB is amazing, albiet not as good without catsith mained. De-Synchro does seem pretty good with ragin but dead most the rest of the time (just a little too gimicky for my tastes). Thanks for the input though.
Torrentials are there since it stops opponent's swarms easily, like Dark Hole just don't use it if you have more assets to lose on the board. Works great with call + Sangan/leviathan shenanegains too.

@linvus: Thanks, yeah reincarnation add soo much consistency its rediculous (most comonly recycling grimro or TGU) and they're also the easiest way to extend ragin plays.
Break is good now that stardust is rarely ever used anymore, but indeed just a preference call (i would use 2 of each if I had room for another trap). Scrap over Valkyrus does indeed make more sense overall, I rarely do ever make Valk but I continue to use it out of preference (normally I use it with kushano + cerb to make leviathan at no loss), and the 2900 is great vs chaos dragons.
I used to have both before I fit quasar,shooting and formula into the extra.

@CocaCola: I haven't tried the Junk version, mostly because most of the best fabled are tuners and their synchros all need the tuner to be a fabled. That build probably is faster at bringing out quasar, but also my guess more reliant on it. If you have a build for a junk version let me know and I'll try it out ^^
Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

What do you do about Maxx "C" if you can make Quasar and it looks like you could OTK? I know it depends on the specific situation but do you generally stop in your tracks leaving weak monsters on the feild, or special summon just to a certain point to make sure you have a strong feild or just go for broke?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

It depends on what point they drop maxx at, since it'll usually be chained to an effect that is SS already nothing can be done about the initial draw, but unless I think I can OTK them that same turn I don't do more than give them 1 more draw. The "going for broke" times against maxx involve Ancient Sacred and not quasar though.
Maybe I should side Heavy Slump instead of Debunk for the "lol maxx" factor xD.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
Chaos Pancake
Envoy o d Breakfas

Just ask because I have beaten so so many laval Quasar players who said to me "draw all you want won't help you when your lifepoints are at 0". Come battle phase they nagate 1 Swift Scarecrow but are unable to stop me dropping Tragoedia at 6000 + attack. Always makes me lol.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #19
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

Yeah, there's soo many hand traps these days you really can't expect to be able to OTK through a maxx. Even with my Wind-Ups if they Maxx on a Magician + Shark play I wont SS any more and just set some traps or whatnot (won 2 games at YCS Atlanta doing that lol).
Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

Quote:
@CocaCola: I haven't tried the Junk version, mostly because most of the best fabled are tuners and their synchros all need the tuner to be a fabled. That build probably is faster at bringing out quasar, but also my guess more reliant on it. If you have a build for a junk version let me know and I'll try it out ^^
I'm not too sure on the perfect build, or if this build is even good. I got this build straight off GalacticGod's channel.

MONSTERS: (20)
3x Junk Synchron
3x Quickdraw Synchron
3x Level Eater
2x Unknown Synchron
2x Synchron Explorer
2x Quillbolt Hedgehog
2x Doppelwarrior
2x Effect Veiler
1x Dandylion

SPELLS: (14)
3x Tuning
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x One for One
1x Mind Control
1x Foolish Burial

TRAPS: (6)
2x Solemn Warning
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Fiendish Chain

EXTRA DECK: (15)
1x Shooting Quasar Dragon
1x Shooting Star Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Road Warrior
1x Junk Destroyer
1x Junk Berserker
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Junk Gardna
1x Junk Warrior
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Armory Arm
1x Formula Synchron

Additional Comment:

Have you ever tried The Tricky in this build?

Last edited by RefreshingCocaCola : 07-20-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #21
protoasha

What about Darkworld Dealings? It helps speed through your deck and let's you discard activating the effects of the Fabled Monsters
protoasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #22
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

@CocaCola: Thanks for the build, I actually don't own any Tunings so I'll have to try that out on DN later. As for tricky I did have him before and it wasn't bad with cerb or krus but that was it, and even then I found that he often had too high of a level than what I wanted. I would recommend him for builds that use more lv 7 synchros and/or rank 5 xyz though.

@protoasha: Dwd isn't bad true, but the main issue is it helps with your opponent's set-up as well (as well as space issue). It isn't bad but for similar results Monster Reincarnation works a lot better (outside of turn 1, with slow hands xD).
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Cethin
Pojo Veteran

I posted a Junk Quasar a while back and some of my friends told me that fableds are more consistent, which is why I'm looking at some fabled quasar decks.
Cethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #24
LinkKiller
Sorcerer

With Glow-Up and Spore dead I think Fabled and Lavals are the best for making Quasar now.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #25
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkKiller View Post
With Glow-Up and Spore dead I think Fabled and Lavals are the best for making Quasar now.
I found Six Sams to be extremely fast compared to Fableds and Junk Synchron.