Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
SIGMA27X
Mega Hamster

SIGMA27X is on a distinguished road
Default Card Car D & Rescue Rabbit vs Effect Veiler & Fiendish Chain

I'm kind of confused on this whole mess. Here's what I've been told I want to know what's correct.

1. If Card Car D gets Effect Veilered he can't do anything because his effect activates on the field.

2. If Card Ca D gets Fiendish Chained he can activate his effect and you will draw 2 cards.

3. If Rescue Rabbit gets Effect Veilered he can still banish itself but it won't get the effect.

4. If Rescue Rabbit gets Fiendish Chained he can still banish itself and it WILL get the effect.

Is this correct? Please help me understand.
SIGMA27X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
AntiTcb
Number XVI

AntiTcb is on a distinguished road

1. His effect can be activated, but it will still be negated.

2. Correct.

3. Correct.

4. Correct.

The difference is that Fiendish Chain needs to be able to continuously target in order to negate the effects. If Cardcar D or Rescue Rabbit leave the field, they are unable to be targeted.
The Organization (Number XVI)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi0h View Post
There are no stupid questions, there are just stupid people asking a simple question for an obvious answer.
AntiTcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
faku24
Pojo Veteran

faku24 is on a distinguished road

Effect Veiler negate effs that activate on the field. Fiendish Chain and Skill Drain negate effs of face-up monsters. That's the main difference between the 2/3
faku24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
HyawehHoshikawa
Siesta Madokaist

HyawehHoshikawa is on a distinguished road

Effect Veiler's quick-effect will keep lingering on that monster, if that monster's effect activates on the field it'll be negated when it resolve, the same thing happening on a non-continuously targeting card like Forbidden Chalice.

Fiendish Chain being a continuous trap card, continuously targeting Card Car D, if the monster is still targeted by Fiendish Chain when it resolve, it'll be negated, otherwise, it won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoka
Lol Mayan.
HyawehHoshikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
K0oanz

K0oanz is on a distinguished road

I thought Rescue Rabbit wouldn't be able to banish itself because of the new fast-effect ruling? And doesn't this go the same for Card Car D as its effect is an ignition effect, and Fiendish Chain and Effect Veiler are Spell Speed 2?
K0oanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
faku24
Pojo Veteran

faku24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0oanz View Post
I thought Rescue Rabbit wouldn't be able to banish itself because of the new fast-effect ruling? And doesn't this go the same for Card Car D as its effect is an ignition effect, and Fiendish Chain and Effect Veiler are Spell Speed 2?
Those cards doesnt prevent you for activating effects, the "new rulling" has nothing to do with this
faku24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Ridders
Go to bed.

Ridders will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The fast effect ruling hasn't changed how costs work, not does it suddenly mean you can't activate effects.

Rescue Rabbit banishes itself as a cost, while Cardcar D tributes itself as a cost.

If either monster gets hit by Veiler, they can still activate and pay their cost, they'll get negated because their effects activate on the field.

Fiendish Chain loses out because it's a continuous trap that targets, once the target leaves the field or flips face-down, it cannot target it anymore and thus cannot negate it anymore. Same thing occurs with Skill Drain. So Rabbit and Cardcar D laugh at Fiendish Chain as it cannot stop them at all.

And to recap, Negation =/= Prevention.

Ridders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
ASOBITAI
嶺上開花

ASOBITAI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rescue Rabbit wouldn't be able to Banish itself before your opponent has a chance to activate a Spell Speed 2 or higher effect.
ASOBITAI is offline   Reply With Quote