Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Raz0r77
Pojo Veteran

Default Absolute Zero Frog Lancer! Top Tier Potential?

Frog Lancers have revolutionized the way Frog Monarchs are played and some have abandoned the usual monarch/tribute line up and put more emphasis on Sea Lancer because of his amazing stalling/plussing engine with dupe frogs and poison draw frogs.

Many Frog Lancer duelists have started to include LaDD because of how easy frogs can generate tributes. But this time I want to share a more unique deck that may have more to offer than those standard frog lancer builds.

Here is the deck list for Absolute Zero Lancers!

Deck Count (41)

Monsters (24)

Gorz
LaDD x2
Sea Lancer x3
Destiny Hero - Plasma x3
Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude

Elemental Hero Stratos
Mother Grizzly
Swap Frog x3
Dupe Frog x3
Poison Draw Frog x2
Ronintoadin x3
Treeborn Frog

Spells (17)

ROTA
Allure
D- Draw x2
Trade-In x3
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
MST x2
Miracle Fusion x3
Salvage x2

Extra Deck (13)

Gachi Gachi Gantetsu x3
Number 96: Dark Mist x2
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero x3
Elemental Hero The Shining x2
Brionac
Black Rose Dragon
Scrap Dragon

Side Deck (15)

MST
Twister
Creature Swap x3
Battle Fader x2
Obelisk
Caius x2
D.D. Crow x3
Mother Grizzly x2

Focus of the deck is to setup asap. You get your ROTA, d-draws, allure, trade-ins, for draw power along with Swap Frog for his constant spamming of his Foolish Burial eff, and the goal is to thin the deck as much as possible to draw into your tributes, and take control of the duel.

You have a many options such as Sea Lancers, Plasma's effect lockdown ability, and Miracle Fusion into Absolute Zero and in rare cases The Shining, to beat over something that absolute zero could not get over and you had no way of getting more water monsters on the field, etc.

Any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated to make this deck faster and more consistent.

Last edited by Raz0r77 : 06-02-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Raz0r77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
boots88
More like..boobs88

Ok, I've tried this and I'll tell you now: It's inconsistent. You need to be able to recycle heroes and this setup just doesn't allow you to do it. Frogs need to focus on dumping cards in the grave and bringing out lancer, ladd and obelisk. Ladd and Obelisk are the win conditions of the deck and you are choosing not to focus on them
boots88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Raz0r77
Pojo Veteran

I've play tested it and it doesn't seem that inconsistent. Would you care to test with me on DN? What's your user? Also the focus isn't about recycling heroes, they were mainly added for absolute zero fodder, but plasma on it's own can shut down many decks.

My reasoning is since I want to have the option of going into absolute zero, I have miracle fusions, now for the targets, I concluded that destiny heroes would do the job best with the synergy of d-draws and Trade-In for plasma, speeding up the deck to deck thin to my swap frogs and get started even faster while also having plays instead of bouncing Swap Frog back to your hand and hope your opponent doesn't otk you next turn.

Actually after further testing, you are right boots88, it is a bit inconsistent. I will continue to test and find the best consistency for the deck

Last edited by Raz0r77 : 06-02-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Raz0r77 is offline   Reply With Quote